PDA

View Full Version : Check it out.

Lostbob117
Jun 30, 2012, 12:19 PM
I found this thread interesting read it, http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?416925-Global-Servers-Something-Interesting-To-Consider&p=7415786#post7415786

Yes this is related to pso2.

Sp-24
Jun 30, 2012, 12:20 PM
This is not new in any way at all, sorry.

ashley50
Jun 30, 2012, 12:20 PM
to OP: and...?

Lostbob117
Jun 30, 2012, 12:22 PM
This is not new in any way at all, sorry.

New to me.

Also to ashley: He's pointing a lot of reasons that this will probably be global.

Zeota
Jun 30, 2012, 12:52 PM
That language drop box has been there since the first alpha last year.

ciroth
Jun 30, 2012, 01:17 PM
Since im a former FFXI player, i wouldn't mind playing with JPN players too. I can easily setup my auto words with Japanese phrases just to get by with important greetings, alerts, and goodbyes.

Lostbob117
Jun 30, 2012, 02:03 PM
Nvm, you guys don't get what I'm pointing at mainly.

kdrakari
Jun 30, 2012, 03:03 PM
The one thing I learned from that thread is that the event announcements (such as Interrupt Ranking) actually list the time based on your computer's time rather than server time, or at least something similar, which doesn't really make sense unless they were planning a global release since Japan is all one timezone.

Other than that, everything in the thread is old news to me, but definitely a positive if it pans out. If they release a global version and the current client updates to that version automatically, then all I have to do is keep playing and when the time is right I can switch a single setting and keep playing the same character as always in English, without losing any progress or cash spent.

Halcyote
Jun 30, 2012, 03:25 PM
Nvm, you guys don't get what I'm pointing at mainly.

oh they get it, but we know it means absolutely nothing at this point until there's something official out.

there've been so many threads here and at official sega forums that claim since the first tests that there's going to be a localized version but there has yet to be anything official said. no point in worrying about it until there's actual news instead of relying what's in game files.