PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 A way to modify gamepad keys?

Darki
Jun 30, 2012, 12:55 PM
I've been playing PSO2 with a Wii Classic controller (thanks to a USB adaptor by mayflash) and I'm really satisfied with the overall performance, but there are some things that bug me and I'd like to ask for people ho might had found a solution to this.

The thing is, I like to play with lock-on on tap, not on hold, so the target stays in place and I don't need to keep the finger there. The problem comes when selecting some targets, in particular, Dark Ragne's weak spots, for example, that requires some tricky moves. I know the game actually has a function that woks as a "switch target" button, but I think that using two buttons for that is too annoying, specially having my controller as it doesn't have joystick press buttons, so it has two buttons less than XBox gamepad.

This button also "locks on" by itself, so you could think to use it as the only lock on button if it wasn't that you can't leave the target with it, only switch to others, so you still need the regular lock-on button for that.

So, I've been wondering... Is there a way to remap some of the gamepad buttons, to add special functions, like for example, pressing a button for one function, and pressing it for a long time for another? In this case, I'd just need to tap the lock-on button to select a target or to switch them, and hold it a bit longer to drop targets. That could be used for other functions. It occurs to me that you could, for example, put the autorun function in the same button as the dodge one, only needing to hold it longer, as you don't need to keep that button held for anything.

Du1337
Feb 13, 2013, 09:08 PM
Have u figured this out? Cuz Im kinda having the same problems.

Darki
Feb 13, 2013, 10:53 PM
Hmm I've found a somewhat working solution for this but is not exactly what I expected.

There's this program called JoyToKey (http://www-en.jtksoft.net/) that is used to map your keyboard to your controller. Meaning that (if you had a playstation-themed gamepad) when you press the "square" button, the program makes it as if you had also pressed the "W" key in your keyboard, for example. It also allows for more complex cmbinations, like double buttons ("square" for a function, "L2" + "square" for another) or hold/tap functions.

The idea is that you'd be playing "with the keyboard", but you'd be using the gamepad to type in. messy, huh? With that program you can add many more functions to the gamepad than you can expect. Someone in my team has like over 40 different functions all in only 12 buttons thanks to that program and only uses the keyboard to chat.

The problem I see is that it goes slightly cranky because some functions in the gamepad work sligthy different on keyboard, and also you gotta play a bit between the program configuration and the in-game controller configuration to make it work as good as it should. It takes some planning to make it work good, but overall performance I'd say it makes it worth the effort.

I'm not 100% satisfied with my current setup, because my old adaptor broke and I'm using a spare gamepad and I didn't set it too carefully, but when I retake my Wii adaptor I have some better ideas to make it work well.

As I said, I still don't consider it the best solution. I'd love that there was some program that allowed to add virtual buttons to a controller, that acted as "gamepad buttons", and not as keyboard keys. But as far as I know there's only one program that does this (called Pinnacle Game Profiler) and it doesn't work with PSO2 (I've tried many times).

Du1337
Feb 13, 2013, 10:55 PM
I stepped over to XBOX360 controller.Works fine but cant seem to fix the singlelockonmode and autorun... cant find them ...

Darki
Feb 13, 2013, 11:20 PM
Well, I don't know how that one works exactly but you should be able to configure your gamepad in the options section. <_<