PDA

View Full Version : Learning PAs and Techs

Sp-24
Jun 30, 2012, 06:13 PM
I've noticed that without a Mag, my FOmarl has just barely enough T.Attack to learn a level 9 Tech at level 30. If I switch to another class, will I be able to learn its PAs at level 30 with no problems? Or do some classes require help of a Mag or skill tree's bonuses to learn them?

Sigmund
Jun 30, 2012, 06:32 PM
Or the help of level cap being lifted.

Sp-24
Jun 30, 2012, 06:37 PM
That won't help much if PA/Tech level cap gets lifted along with the normal level cap.

moorebounce
Jun 30, 2012, 09:44 PM
I've noticed that without a Mag, my FOmarl has just barely enough T.Attack to learn a level 9 Tech at level 30. If I switch to another class, will I be able to learn its PAs at level 30 with no problems? Or do some classes require help of a Mag or skill tree's bonuses to learn them?

I take it you either don't like mags (which some people don't and not hard feelings) or didn't know how to use them. My hats off to you for getting your character to level 30 and not even using a mag at all.

Sp-24
Jul 1, 2012, 04:17 AM
I take it you either don't like mags (which some people don't and not hard feelings) or didn't know how to use them. My hats off to you for getting your character to level 30 and not even using a mag at all.

I take it that a theory that maybe I planned to play primarily as a Force and fed my Mag accordingly (T.Attack and Ability), but then decided to switch to another class to learn higher level disks and noticed that something is wrong is just too far-fetched. Also, note that I also ask if it's possible to learn those disks without using skills, which obviously means that I either don't like or don't know how to use SPs, either. If there is another method to raise your base stat for the purpose of learning PAs/Techs and equipping weapons, I am against it by default as well.

Anyway, is it too much to ask for an answer here?

Sigmund
Jul 1, 2012, 09:41 AM
Your question is too ambiguous in the sense that no one can give you a definite answer yet. If they did, I'd really be suspicious of their claim. How can we know if future PAs will require the help of a MAG or talent skills in order to learn them?

I gave you my honest answer already, but you just added more variables to the question. IMO, this stat requirement system is like a level limit system. It's something to prevent a level 1 character from learning level 9 PAs in comparison to other games where they prevent you from learning a level 9 spell by being level restricted. This is why I said that a lift of the cap level would help everyone learn their PAs without the need of MAGs or talent bonuses. For sure, with the help of those two, you can learn your PAs sooner - but that doesn't mean you require them at max level.

Sp-24
Jul 1, 2012, 09:58 AM
"Ambiguous", right. Just how can it get any more clear than "Do some classes require help of a Mag or skill tree's bonuses to learn them?"?

Anyway, from what I've gathered from the two Japanese wiki sites, it IS impossible for some classes to learn certain level 9 (FOcast, lol) disks without either sparing some skill points or feeding a Mag for S/R/T attack. There go the "3 characters in one" and "200 Ability Mag" hypes, and enter more stat complications.

Rob2003ert
Jul 1, 2012, 11:59 AM
You answered your own question now, but just to warn you it's exactly the same with weapons too. I'd wager it'll keep happening until we hit the final intended level cap. It's also an absolutely genius way for SEGA to make money selling MAGs.

Sp-24
Jul 1, 2012, 12:54 PM
True, true. Should we, maybe, advise some aspiring FOcasts and HUnewearls about this trap?

IndigoNovember
Jul 1, 2012, 01:33 PM
True, true. Should we, maybe, advise some aspiring FOcasts and HUnewearls about this trap?

I've already fallen for their trap it seems (HUnewearl) orz ...

moorebounce
Jul 1, 2012, 02:53 PM
It may or may not help to have a mag in PSO2 but in PSO it did help to have one to help a class to get to certain levels. I know I had weapons I couldn't use without a mags boost.

Sp-24
Jul 1, 2012, 03:13 PM
It's sort of the same here. Even a HUnewearl can use that 450 S.Attack sword after investing into S.Attack Up skills, but doing that may be a very bad idea in a long run, so Mag will certainly help.

While my main concern right now is people who were going to make a max Ability Mag being screwed over, I think that we could also do some planning for disk/equip stats for those who want to stick with one Mag once the first major update comes out, since we're probably going to stick with that update for a while.

IndigoNovember
Jul 1, 2012, 09:20 PM
It's sort of the same here. Even a HUnewearl can use that 450 S.Attack sword after investing into S.Attack Up skills, but doing that may be a very bad idea in a long run, so Mag will certainly help.

While my main concern right now is people who were going to make a max Ability Mag being screwed over, I think that we could also do some planning for disk/equip stats for those who want to stick with one Mag once the first major update comes out, since we're probably going to stick with that update for a while.

Oh dear, making an ability mag as well >_< . About how much S-ATK should I get on my mag to be able to use all the Hunter weapons?

Sp-24
Jul 2, 2012, 05:25 AM
If you are okay with not being able to use two of the most ridiculous Hunter weapons (458 S.Attack requirement), you should be able to meet the requirement for most of the other weapons if your Mag has 88 S.Attack levels (78 if you went for Sword Gear). But, such a build would probably put a lid on a Critical Hunter idea.

But, again, I think we should wait for the full version, which is coming out in 2 days. It'll bring more character and Mag levels, as well as more even more ridiculous requirements. Guess this Beta has served not just Sega, but also us well, since I bet these stat complications a only a sign of things to come.