PDA

View Full Version : Unique weapons..

TheKin
Jul 1, 2012, 01:01 AM
So, The Kin has a question. The battle system for PSO2 is fun and all, but what made PSO so much fun was the fact that rares meant something. For example, the Lavis cannon had the special attack that shot out the wave beam.

The Heaven's Punisher had the beat timed attack and the Tsumi J sword had that awesome shockwave ability.

Does anyone know if any weapons in PSO2 are going to be like that or are they all going to be PA linked like in PSU? To be honest, The Kin kind of hated the PA system as it made -all- the rares just reskins. Rares kind of lost their place as an "Omg wtf is that?!" when they started busting out all sorts of wonky and or kick ass attacks.

Any info on this? Would be really neat to see some weapons have their own PA's or such.

TheBlackMage
Jul 1, 2012, 01:04 AM
I have yet to see/hear of any but I hope they remedy this soon, twas' a major part in PSO's charm.

buri-chan
Jul 1, 2012, 01:05 AM
Hopefully someone with one of the weapons can confirm, but I did notice in some weapons like the Soul Eater it says "PA" in the description. So hopefully/probably.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 1, 2012, 01:11 AM
Hopefully someone with one of the weapons can confirm, but I did notice in some weapons like the Soul Eater it says "PA" in the description. So hopefully/probably.

Force and Ranger can equip Soul Eater, but they cannot place PA's on them (since they have no access to hunter PA's)

On-topic: They could make like 10* weapons that have PA's built into the 3 slots, but they let you replace them like how you can replace Rod's attack with a spell, then unequip to get it back

TheBlackMage
Jul 1, 2012, 01:20 AM
Force and Ranger can equip Soul Eater, but they cannot place PA's on them (since they have no access to hunter PA's)

On-topic: They could make like 10* weapons that have PA's built into the 3 slots, but they let you replace them like how you can replace Rod's attack with a spell, then unequip to get it back

Well I suppose being able to at least equip it is better than not being able at all. :x

Actually at least for me it would seem rather interesting if said 10* weapons had exclusive PA's that lesser weapons wouldn't even have access to so it would feel more like a rare than just a weapon that looks pretty and puts out bigger numbers.

Crimson Exile
Jul 1, 2012, 01:23 AM
Vol sword has a unique sound when you swing it.

Zinaida
Jul 1, 2012, 01:25 AM
Ragne Answerer plays the Ragne's roar every time you swing it. It's obnoxiously fun.

MAXrobo
Jul 1, 2012, 01:32 AM
the photon launcher shots are green and sparkly!

but i to would enjoy some unique rares. it would seem too hard to give them a PA you can equip only to that weapon, but didnt come in a disk

gigawuts
Jul 1, 2012, 01:41 AM
Yeah, I loved the rares in PSO and have been hoping they do something similar.

I don't have a soul eater yet, but I'm guessing it doesn't actually drain health in exchange for silly powerful stats at the level you can find it like the original did.

Did PSU have rares with unique properties?

Deviruki
Jul 1, 2012, 01:51 AM
I've been wondering about this too for a while...

Kinda makes me think about that heart baton in PSP/PSP2/i. xD

Every time you swing it a bunch of hearts come out that also deal damage.

Macman
Jul 1, 2012, 03:48 AM
It's funny how the effects the OP listed were largely useless anyway, save for maybe the Heaven's Punisher on a RAmarl. They were eyecandy, but hardly practical.

Angelo
Jul 1, 2012, 03:53 AM
How much you wanna bet Lavis Cannon will be a gunslash that shoots HP beams when in gun-mode.

Macman
Jul 1, 2012, 03:58 AM
I really hope not, because then it'll be useless. Only a FO has the means to keep their HP up while using something like that. At least Lavis Cannon is usually good for raw attack power.

Kanore
Jul 1, 2012, 04:04 AM
It's funny how the effects the OP listed were largely useless anyway, save for maybe the Heaven's Punisher on a RAmarl. They were eyecandy, but hardly practical.

HP was annoying no matter what. The TJS special was awful because everyone wanted to do a PB combo all the time.

The worst? Dark Flow.

I loved healing people who wanted desperately to use Dark Flow's special and harmed themselves down to a sliver. I also hated them.

Angelo
Jul 1, 2012, 04:11 AM
Berserk was my favorite special effect. Zanba was my baby.

Shame we won't be seeing that special ability in PSO2.

Macman
Jul 1, 2012, 04:13 AM
HP was annoying no matter what.
It was annoying and you shouldn't be using it in multiplayer anyway, but it made early RA levelling in ep4 much easier.

dilakri87
Jul 1, 2012, 05:01 AM
I rather miss weapons that had tactical value, as in yas9000M, frozen shooter, dat rainbow slicer, charge/hells/demons, twin blaze, sreds blades, guld milla, or heck even armors/shields/merges with special abilitys...

Sebastian & PSO
Jul 1, 2012, 05:06 AM
They will have to think of something because Rare weapons = a MASSIVE part of the whole Phantasy star appeal. If they are just for looks and do the same attacks then that will massivly suck.