PDA

View Full Version : Some notes on weapons

buri-chan
Jul 1, 2012, 02:37 AM
Not a guide or anything, this is more of something I found interesting enough to post about.

Today I really started getting in to the AH while it's still free. After wasting a good 100k like an idiot (as I am oft to do), I decided to actually write down all the partisans to compare (instead of just looking at the jp wiki). Here's what I found:

Each of the common partisan sets come in three; a straight-edge (low), a forked (medium), and a polearm (high). For those three, you have a green 1★ and blue 2★ variety; the third tier, purple 3★, only has the first available for OB. Generally speaking, the difference as you go up is 20 SATK per weapon. Really, it looks like this (requirement in parenthesis):

1★ 76 (1)
1★ 98 (57)
1★ 119 (124)
2★ 140 (191)
2★ 162 (259)
2★ 183 (326)
3★ 215 (393)

Those are the commons, and it seems like that pattern of three-per-tier is common of most weapon types. After that, you have the uncommons, yellow 4★ and orange 5★. These are an interesting change from the usual setup, in that they weave in and out of the common weapons. They look like this:

4★ 144 (155)
4★ 172 (237)
5★ 200 (320)
5★ 229 (403)

Comparing to the commons, the first yellow is better than the first blue, yet worse than the second blue. The second yellow is better than the second blue, but not as good as the third blue. The first orange is better than the third blue, yet worse than the first purple. The second orange is currently the highest-base-damage partisan in the OB. The main advantage of the uncommons, though, is that they generally have lower S-ATK requirements.

So tl;dr, weapons go common 1 < uncommon 1 < common 2 < uncommon 2, and so on.

Moving on to the rares, compared to the other weapons. They look like:

7★ 108 (1) [long thing purple]
7★ 142 (172) [big purple blade]
7★ 172 (263) [jousting lance]
8★ 186 (184) [Soul Eater]
8★ 201 (338( [evil-looking pronged one]

There's some similarities with uncommons, in that they generally have a lower stat-req for higher damage, and they also have a weaving pattern with the commons. But in all, they're not much better than the uncommons, and none of them currently trumping the second orange 5★. While some have special PAs, they don't seem to have many other aspects (though I did see that, for instance, there is a rare gunslash that also raises T-ATK).

The benefit of the rares is that they grind to higher values than commons and uncommoms. The downside is that they have a higher-cost and double-grinder need to grind. The bad news is that rares are set to your character if you ever use them (you'll get a dialog box pop up when you first try to put one in your weapon palette), so you are not getting that 500,000 investment back unless you do a manual trade. Comparing the current best uncommon fully ground and the current best rare, they reach:

5★ 229 -> 366
8★ 201 -> 341

So. From my observations, all you need to do is grind a single common or uncommon to 10 and switch it every three or four ranks, and you should have no trouble. It's much, much, much friendlier-looking than prior games. Don't scramble for the newest weapon right away, or waste a lot of meseta buying too many. You're going to have to way the benefits and the drawbacks between which rarity you're going with. The best way to search for them is to use the ★-sorter on the AH search (bottom option). Strange as it is to say, you don't need to go 1★ 2★ 3★, but 1★ 2/4/7★ 3/5/8★ etc. Item Affixes can give you even more use for your weapon.

RocSage
Jul 1, 2012, 02:52 AM
Maybe this will help you in your insight...

When I grinded these weapons
4* GunBlade (the sectioned one)
7* GunBlade (the common one)

if i remember right this is how it went...
4* > 7* by 2 at base
4* > 7* by 2 at +1
4* > 7* by 1 at +2
7* > 4* by 2 at +3

This means that the 7* have a different modifier for their grinds

I can get to +7 on rares pretty easily, but beyond that it seems an utter waste to try. On others I get to +10 pretty easy

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 1, 2012, 04:26 AM
yeah, rare weapons benefit from grinding more than regular weapons.

JeyKama
Jul 1, 2012, 05:51 AM
1*-3* = 150% base power at +10
4*-5* = 160% base power at +10
6*-10* = 175% base power at +10

1st tier 5* weapons are only slightly better than the somewhat-more-common 3* vita weapons. Because the Vitas are easier to find, they are easier to element boost, which typically make them better than those 5*s

2nd tier 5* weapons generally outclass everything but the best 8-9*, but only seem to exist for spear/rifle/talis/rod. Again though, element grinding could be a big deal depending on how prohibitive buffing it is.

buri-chan
Jul 1, 2012, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the info, guys. Figured it was something like that. It's nice to see that Sega will let you be as obsessive or not as you like to be with things.

buri-chan
Jul 1, 2012, 06:17 PM
Just another note:

Comparing the 10-grind of these partisans:

5★ 200 > 320
5★ 229 > 366
8★ 201 > 341

RocSage
Jul 1, 2012, 07:26 PM
See, what this means is that 7*-9* rares are currently only valuable if you are lucky and grind them beyond I'd say about +7. The problem is that all the other * levels you can grind to +10 pretty easily, but going beyond +7 with rares, for me has been challenging as I have yet to get anything to go past that mark that is 7*+.

I don't see how that extra 15% will be worth the amount of funds it would take to get them to actually grind that high. Looks like all the smart people that aren't lucky are going to just run around with <7* weapons until people get rich enough to buy them off others after they went through all the frustration to raise them... wait, they are bound as well, so looks like that's not going to happen either.

Abu Jumal
Jul 3, 2012, 10:44 AM
I've been a big fan of the purple 3* weapons since I found out about them. The high SATK requirement is quite annoying though, but they are relatively common in the city therefore making them easy to synth with the added bonus of an easy grind.

Saffran
Jul 3, 2012, 12:19 PM
That info is very interesting indeed.
Do we have any unedited screenshot of a "higher rare" being grinded (grund?) to +10?
And are there pics of 10 star weapons, for that matter?
I'm a bit curious (and a bit lazy to lok for that on the jp wikis...)

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 3, 2012, 12:56 PM
oh yeah not sure if it's been stated yet, but some rare weapons seem to be a form of "twinking" low level characters because of their low base stat requirement, but high damage (comparatively for that level). some 4/5* weapons that give more damage when fully ground than 7* could have a higher base stat requirement.

and like i've stated earlier the main reason to use a rare weapon is probably gonna be exp/lucky/meseta raise. for me i only use'em for lucky raise

RocSage
Jul 11, 2012, 11:00 PM
So now that I have a bigger number of weapons I can compare some info.

Each of the 6 base rarities have 3 models, 4 or 5 of those are not in the game. Since we now need to relate model I propose using #*# notation to mean rarity level followed by the model number.
The levels go like this...

1*1, 1*2, 1*3, at base level and when ground they are the weakest weapons
2*1, 4*1, 2*2, 4*2, 2*3 are the next tier and keep their relative strength to each other.
4*3 would be part of the above list I am predicting but it isn't in the game yet it seems.
5*1, 3*1, 5*2, are the next tier, but reverse their relative strength to each other. At base 3* is stronger, but when fully grinded 5* is stronger.
3*2, 5*3, 3*3 would be part of the above tier but aren't in the game yet either it looks like.

The next tier is 6*1, 6*2, 6*3 and is pure speculation but they are going to be the highest base and highest grinded strength with 6*3 being the strongest.

Next up is rares...
Rares I am going to guess that have another system, something like
Base level 7* rares start a little weaker than 2*1
Base level 8* rares start a little weaker than 4*3
Base level 9* rares i have no info on and am unwilling to guess at the moment.

I assume that there is at least 1 rare for every model that is about equal to and 6*3. so there is likely 15 7* rares, 10 8* rares, and 6* rares or something like that so that you can twink lower level characters with the lower star rares. It is also possible that there is another tier or Rarity as there have been in some PS games. 10-12* rarity. Of course that is all just guess but it would be an easy logistical way to add a decent amount of rares without thinking about it much.