PDA

View Full Version : New and confused (mostly about the in-game community)

Forumchibi
Jul 1, 2012, 12:14 PM
Just getting on PSO2 beta for the first time today, and I was hoping for some group play, but so far all I see on 20-22 are huge groups of people AFK, dancing, standing around - or all of the games on the list I'd like to join have no descriptions, are purely in Japanese, are password locked, or are too high for me (I'm only level 2, after all).

Is now just a bad time to be a new player? It feels kind of the reason I stopped playing PSU way back when - if I wasn't the max level, I was forced to solo as everyone else did the latest and greatest mission. And as a newbie I don't really want to join games with all Japanese players since I don't know how everything works yet.

I'm kind of hesitant to join games that don't have names or descriptions since I don't want to burden someone who wasn't openly looking for company (or is it all just implied?), and make a fool out of myself. Case in point, if I do get into a group, is there a party chat?

My apologies if this is a stupid post. ;_;

velociti
Jul 1, 2012, 12:15 PM
when you select a mission at the counter, there is an option to see what parties are doing that very mission. Helps alot, go fiddle around and you'll find it useful.
also, most lvl 30's get bored and play other classes at lvl 1, so the new quests should always be in a supply of people playing.

Kanore
Jul 1, 2012, 12:16 PM
The option is the second option down from straight up selecting the mission

Ferria
Jul 1, 2012, 12:50 PM
Come play and if I'm not afk, sure~ XD

Dragwind
Jul 1, 2012, 04:07 PM
There should be plenty of parties ranging from new players to experienced players. The game is still really young, so new players who have no idea what they're doing are still plentiful. Yes, there is also party chat when you join a game. You can click on the chat window and select option "2." for party chat only.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 1, 2012, 05:40 PM
Come play and if I'm not afk, sure~ XD
You're AFK dancing as we speak! I see you!

Ranmaru
Jul 1, 2012, 06:28 PM
I'm just chilling. But I'm sure there are plenty of people that are new and who want to level. Don't just stick to the 20-22 blocks, try them all (eventually). You never know what friends you'll find!

Vintasticvin
Jul 1, 2012, 07:01 PM
Ah dont worry bout the mess in blocks 20-23 :P but ferria and her gang are contagious yet fun :3 And you MUST ALWAYS atleast join the dancing AFKers.

Forumchibi
Jul 1, 2012, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the replies, everyone! I was able to find a few random groups to join, and I did see Ferria dancing... a lot... LOL