PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Did You Know ...?

Pyrii
Jul 1, 2012, 01:05 PM
I decided to make this series of tips and tricks for PSO2 due to finding many people not knowing some of the features and options available to them in PSO2 which could help their gameplay.

I hope you find these useful, and if you have any tips to share, please let me know so I can add them in later updates to this topic. I will continue to add and edit this topic in the future to be more comprehensive and useful.

So without further ado...

...Partner Characters can be Generous
[spoiler-box]Ever notice the coloured face on the List of Partner Characters and in the Client Order list?

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/2756/pso20120701163146011.jpg

This shows how friendly a character is towards you. You can improve your relationship with a character by bringing them along in missions with you and/or completing their client orders. Increasing friendliness opens up new client orders and you can also get rewards from partner characters if you keep running missions with them.

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/4305/2012062700002z.jpghttp://img440.imageshack.us/img440/3923/2012062700001y.jpg

After a few missions with a character, they will have an item for you if you talk to them. You can also get rewards from the Title Counter for doing 10 & 100 missions with each partner character.
Most of the time these will be synthesisers, but you can get PA Discs that are rare or impossible to find in the field. Echo will give you :fire:Shifta and :light:Anti, while Maru will give you :light:Grants and :light:Gi.Grants.
[/spoiler-box]

...Units can be hidden
[spoiler-box]Do you feel that equipped units ruin your costume or look and often either pick nicer looking units or keep de-equipping them when not in missions? You don't have to as you can "Stealth" units by Clicking them in the Item list (This won't work in the Unit/Armour window) and selecting the 3rd option to toggle their visibility status. As demonstrated below:
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/5954/pso20120701153507006.jpghttp://img560.imageshack.us/img560/2006/pso20120701153535007.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

...The same Weapon can be equipped twice
[spoiler-box]Yes it's true, you can equip the same weapon in multiple slots to increase the range of quickly available PAs. This is helpful for PAs and Technics as shown below with my Caves Load-out:
http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/7700/pso20120701162437010.jpg
(You get 3 extra weapon slots from Kofie when you're doing the Desert Missions)
[/spoiler-box]

...You can buy-back items
[spoiler-box]We all occasionally make that mistake and there is a buy-back option if you accidentally sell your treasured item to the NPC shop. This feature is universal so you can go to any shop to buy back items you sold at any other shop. Of course only the last few items you sold will be availible to buy back.

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/2595/pso20120701153719009.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

...There's a room item NPC store
[spoiler-box]There is a store that sells basic and modern themed "My Room" items and rooms. Great if you want to fill up your room without hunting the rarer items in the Player stores or in the FUN Gacha.

Remember that your room starts out in the City Dome with a single Basic Room.

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7835/pso20120701153225004.jpg
http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/7594/pso20120701153138003.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

...Long-term buffs are availible
[spoiler-box]Every edge helps and the Medical Stations offer drinks you get get for a fee, which will wear off after 30 minutes or when you leave/finish a mission; Whichever happens soonest.

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/91/pso20120627222515002.jpghttp://img600.imageshack.us/img600/9931/pso20120701152928001.jpg

In order these are:
Attack Up/Shifta Drink
Defense Up/Deband Drink
HP Up/Guts Drink
PP Up/Photon Drink
Random Drink
They're all fairly self-explanatory except for the random drink will will give up to 2 random effects including damage increases, rare drop increases and Meseta amount increases.

Standard Drinks will give you a 5% increase, "Z" level drinks will give a 10% increase and I've yet to find out how much "EX" level drinks give.

To unlock more drinks from the original Shifta/Deband drinks, you'll have to do Lola's item collection quests.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/6339/pso20120701152654000.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

More to come, for now I need a break and more screenshots :3

Pyrii
Jul 1, 2012, 01:06 PM
Reserving this post for more room if needed.

DreXxiN
Jul 1, 2012, 01:08 PM
Oh wow! Knew everything except for what those drinks did, thanks!

Blackheart521
Jul 1, 2012, 01:10 PM
You don't know what that Client Order from Lola is that has the EX in it is do you? because I have no clue how to beat it as of yet and I'm wondering what the reward is. ^^

BIG OLAF
Jul 1, 2012, 01:13 PM
People didn't know there was a room decoration shop? Damn.

Pyrii
Jul 1, 2012, 01:14 PM
You don't know what that Client Order from Lola is that has the EX in it is do you? because I have no clue how to beat it as of yet and I'm wondering what the reward is. ^^

It seems to be the next level drink, As it states "Shifta" in the title.

Blackheart521
Jul 1, 2012, 01:15 PM
It seems to be the next level drink, As it states "Shifta" in the title.

Do you know what the objectives are for it or no? ^^;

Eyce_Theon
Jul 1, 2012, 01:16 PM

The Shifta EX quest asks you to go find drops from a Hard mode Rockbear and Vol Dragon.

Finetic
Jul 1, 2012, 01:20 PM
Huh. I never knew you could hide some of those awkward looking units. Thanks for the informative post.

MrShoestore
Jul 1, 2012, 01:21 PM
so how do you go about increasing an npc's friendliness towards you?

Blackheart521
Jul 1, 2012, 01:23 PM

You bring them along in missions, for every S rank you get with them in your party you work towards them liking you more ^^

Pyrii
Jul 1, 2012, 02:05 PM
You bring them along in missions, for every S rank you get with them in your party you work towards them liking you more ^^

As far as I can see it's only for clearing missions, I haven't seen it go down yet.

Miyoko
Jul 1, 2012, 02:50 PM
Another neat did you know -- You can use your number pad to switch weapons instantly. Give it a shot!

Vashyron
Jul 1, 2012, 02:54 PM

Clear missions with them and/or do their client orders.

With NPCs you can't invite you only have one choice.

TheBlackMage
Jul 1, 2012, 03:19 PM
I decided to make this series of tips and tricks for PSO2 due to finding many people not knowing some of the features and options available to them in PSO2 which could help their gameplay.

I hope you find these useful, and if you have any tips to share, please let me know so I can add them in later updates to this topic. I will continue to add and edit this topic in the future to be more comprehensive and useful.

So without further ado...

...Partner Characters can be Generous
[spoiler-box]Ever notice the coloured face on the List of Partner Characters and in the Client Order list?

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/2756/pso20120701163146011.jpg

This shows how friendly a character is towards you. You can improve your relationship with a character by bringing them along in missions with you and/or completing their client orders. Increasing friendliness opens up new client orders and you can also get rewards from partner characters if you keep running missions with them.

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/4305/2012062700002z.jpghttp://img440.imageshack.us/img440/3923/2012062700001y.jpg

After a few missions with a character, they will have an item for you if you talk to them. You can also get rewards from the Title Counter for doing 10 & 100 missions with each partner character.
Most of the time these will be synthesisers, but you can get PA Discs that are rare or impossible to find in the field. Echo will give you :light:Resta and :light:Anti, while Maru will give you :light:Grants and :light:Gi.Grants.
[/spoiler-box]

Silly question but how do I invite NPCs to a party and which NPC is Echo and which one is Maru? I need the Anti and the Grants spells. @_@

gigawuts
Jul 1, 2012, 03:22 PM
Silly question but how do I invite NPCs to a party and which NPC is Echo and which one is Maru? I need the Anti and the Grants spells. @_@

In the camp ship go to the terminal on the left, in the center of the window with an (i) symbol. Just select them then select the first option. To send them away select them again and select the first option again. I still have no idea what the second option does, I daren't click it for fear of removing their card.

Maru is the purple haired force, and Echo is the blonde force. Anti should be pretty cheap in the player shops, but for grants you'll probably want to stick to bringing Maru along for some S-ranked missions.

TheBlackMage
Jul 1, 2012, 03:27 PM
In the camp ship go to the terminal on the left, in the center of the window with an (i) symbol. Just select them then select the first option. To send them away select them again and select the first option again. I still have no idea what the second option does, I daren't click it for fear of removing their card.

Maru is the purple haired force, and Echo is the blonde force. Anti should be pretty cheap in the player shops, but for grants you'll probably want to stick to bringing Maru along for some S-ranked missions.

Excellent thanks! I have yet to even see a player shop (Is there a trade lobby or something that everyone goes to?) so I'll probably just bring Echo with me until I get it : x

1 Final question: Can you bring multiple NPC's along with you or are you limited to one?

The Walrus
Jul 1, 2012, 03:33 PM
Up to 3

kdrakari
Jul 1, 2012, 03:57 PM
Excellent thanks! I have yet to even see a player shop (Is there a trade lobby or something that everyone goes to?) so I'll probably just bring Echo with me until I get it : x

1 Final question: Can you bring multiple NPC's along with you or are you limited to one?

The player shops are organized more like an auction house, where you go to a terminal and search through everything, but it doesn't have actual auctioning.

And you can bring up to 3 NPCs, but if the quest has a multiparty area only one of each NPC can be there and I don't think you can bring NPCs at all if there are other people in your party.

gigawuts
Jul 1, 2012, 03:58 PM

You see those purple/pink question mark terminals around the lobbies? That's the visiphone. The top option brings you to the player shops/auction house menu, and the top option again brings you to the search menu. Put this into the very first text box: アンティ Then hit search and voila, you should be looking at a list of anti disks. Make sure not to copy the spaces around it though. Right now the cheapest is 7k, I remember them going for a lot less.

Bringing echo is a good idea anyway, extra healing is always nice.

KyAniki
Jul 1, 2012, 04:48 PM
The player shops are organized more like an auction house, where you go to a terminal and search through everything, but it doesn't have actual auctioning.

And you can bring up to 3 NPCs, but if the quest has a multiparty area only one of each NPC can be there and I don't think you can bring NPCs at all if there are other people in your party.

You can bring NPCs with other human characters in your party.

Does anyone know the list of NPC rewards? I know Maru has Grants and Gigrants. I heard that Echo gives Shifta and Deband as well. And I recieved a synthesizer from Afin.

TheBlackMage
Jul 1, 2012, 05:48 PM
Ah thank you everyone!

Also I was surprised nicely by finding out not only can you bring along NPCs with other players but someone else could bring an NPC of their own. I just finished running free forest with someone who joined and they brought Maru (who I don't have unlocked yet) while I brought Echo.

Does anyone know the list of NPC rewards? I know Maru has Grants and Gigrants. I heard that Echo gives Shifta and Deband as well. And I recieved a synthesizer from Afin.

I was wondering where to obtain Shifta...

Also I too would be greatly interested in such a list.

gigawuts
Jul 1, 2012, 05:52 PM
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?NPC%E3%83%91%E3%83%BC%E3%83%88%E3%83%8A% E3%83%BC%E3%83%BB%E3%83%97%E3%83%AC%E3%82%BC%E3%83 %B3%E3%83%88

It's easy enough to decipher, but
Shifter = Shifta
Debando = Deband
Ante = Anti
Resta = Resta (heh)

TheBlackMage
Jul 1, 2012, 06:00 PM
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?NPC%E3%83%91%E3%83%BC%E3%83%88%E3%83%8A% E3%83%BC%E3%83%BB%E3%83%97%E3%83%AC%E3%82%BC%E3%83 %B3%E3%83%88

It's easy enough to decipher, but
Shifter = Shifta
Debando = Deband
Ante = Anti
Resta = Resta (heh)

Excellent! Thank you once again.

LionHeart-
Jul 1, 2012, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the post! I didn't know that about the armor-units, might save my beauty being suppressed by ugly, but functional units later game.

Good thread, thanks! Keep them coming :D

GreenArcher
Jul 1, 2012, 06:56 PM
/ and * on the number pad will raise/lower the camera position
+ and - will zoom in/out

youcantcatchtheblue
Jul 1, 2012, 09:23 PM
THANK YOU.

I did not know the random drinks can give you a drop-rate boost. This is extremely useful information.

Time to do that Lola client order and gt random drinks :D

Kion
Jul 1, 2012, 09:34 PM
How long do the medical drinks' effects last for?

Blackheart521
Jul 1, 2012, 10:26 PM
How long do the medical drinks' effects last for?

They last for an entire mission's length ^^

GoldenFalcon
Jul 1, 2012, 11:48 PM
They last for an entire mission's length ^^

I actually afk'd in the camp ship for like an hour, and the shifta drink wore off
But for most missions, it lasts the whole time

GoldenFalcon
Jul 2, 2012, 12:01 AM
Just to point out, Afin gives the assault rifle PA where you shoot 12 bullets really fast, and Oza (hunter trainer) gives the spear PA where you throw 5 blade waves

Mikura
Jul 2, 2012, 12:04 AM
Never knew about turning off the visuals on the units. I'm already detesting how some of them look on my character.

TheKin
Jul 2, 2012, 12:07 AM
So question. If you bring two NPC's with you, do you get the rewards from both of them? Or only one?

IndigoNovember
Jul 2, 2012, 12:43 AM
So question. If you bring two NPC's with you, do you get the rewards from both of them? Or only one?

Both.

holmwood
Jul 2, 2012, 08:36 AM
Another neat did you know -- You can use your number pad to switch weapons instantly. Give it a shot!

I JUST FOUND THAT OUT RECENTLY! ^^ Now, mp regen won't be so much of a hassel for my force user. :^^;

Although,I changed it to the regular number row and changed my sub-palletes to go on the f1-f12 row. Going ALL the way to the number pad just for changing weapons is more problematic than the regular method, especially when you're on the move and something is tailing you.

NoiseHERO
Jul 2, 2012, 08:38 AM
I actually found all of this out by trial and error...

YOU GUYS NEEDA LIVE A LITTLE!

THE LANGUAGE BARRIER AIN'T SHIT!

Scale of Judgment
Jul 2, 2012, 08:40 AM
Well, for more info. Maloo also gives out resta and it's random between what she gives for the PA.
Oh yeah, Press F for the weapon's palette, when in that mode, press G to go sub palette with the items.

Ryudo
Jul 2, 2012, 08:47 AM
if you're inflicted with the burn status you can set fire to other people in your party by touching them

GoldenFalcon
Jul 2, 2012, 09:02 AM
If you successfully kill the boss in the city mission, you can explore area 1 and 2 with no time limit, long after the quest is removed from the counter

recursive
Jul 2, 2012, 09:20 AM
If you successfully kill the boss in the city mission, you can explore area 1 and 2 with no time limit, long after the quest is removed from the counter

:O Did not know this, thanks for this one.

Boodendorf
Jul 2, 2012, 10:12 AM
I'm pretty sure hunters can go fast than the auto run by doing ground dash > jump air dash > ground dash repeat. I can't quite confirm it but I'm nearly sure of it.
Also for some PAs like the Partisan's rave part- I mean AoE skill where you spin your partisan, if you do it on the ground you won't be able to move and you'll have lag at the end of it but if you do it in the air you can move a bit and won't have any lag after the animation.

KurotenZer0
Jul 18, 2012, 09:48 AM
Did you know-

MAG's help you find switches?
Pay attention to the glowing parts on your MAG, when near or facing a switch or terminal, the glowing parts will change to that color until the switch has been used. Helps you find those hard to see ones in tall grass and tundra 'challenge mode'

Hunters can still move during the end animation of dash?
While not locked on to an enemy, instead of sitting and facing the wrong way for precious seconds between enemy attacks, the in between animation (dash - pause - player action) by holding another directional button you can get about another 120 degrees of movement. Helps when completely surrounded by darkers.

-Want someone to help confirm or deny that weapons of the same class have different 'weights' between them. Looking for increase/decrease in recoil, swinging animation speed, and delay between dashing and movement actions...

Akaimizu
Jul 18, 2012, 09:57 AM
Oddly enough, just the line "Did you know" brings back memories of an annoying NPC that often started talking to you with that line. What made him annoying is that he is almost guarranteed to walk into and block your path on the way to the bank or the telepipe.

Dabian
Jul 18, 2012, 10:14 AM
Not so much a did-you-know than a tip.

If you want to level a class type that you'd rather not play, grab the repeatable client orders, complete them as your main class type. Change your class to the one you want to level, then turn in the client order and receive the EXP for that class. As far as I know, there's not penalty of any sort to doing this.

Also, the client orders involving retrieving (usually) animal parts/machine parts/flora/meat etc can be completed quickly if you have the meseta. Keep an eye out in the AH. Players who have extra might put them up for sale. These client orders pay out nice EXP, essentially allowing you to buy levels.

Amoramora
Jul 18, 2012, 11:02 AM
If I could give this thread a hug, I would. Thanks for all the tips and tricks, guys!

I will definitely be following this thread. So very helpful. <3