PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Mags & stat requirements

origami21
Jul 1, 2012, 08:37 PM
i'm kinda confused about how mags can help with stats requirements. does the 3 parameters on top that raises each time you feed the little guy a weapon is the parameters in question that helps equip requirements?

say, i am a human hunter, and i want to equip those cool ranger wing-like back unit and some endgame gunblades, do i need to feed my mag guns? because i notice that as a hunter, my gun-related skills (which i need to equip gunblades) is rather low, compared to my melee skills.

thanks in advance.

p.s. sorry if this has been answered before, because i certainly didn't see it.

Shujinko
Jul 1, 2012, 08:49 PM
Every level in a certain stat area on your mag is equal to one point for your own stats.Which you can use this to your advantage to equip better equipment.
Example: This sword is 30 striking points but I only have 20.I add 10 level's of striking into my mag so I can wear the sword.

origami21
Jul 1, 2012, 09:17 PM
oh, soit is the 3 parameters on top? so if i want to equip ranger gears i should feed guns to my mag? guess i should just forget it then, as a hunter, i rarely see any gun drops from anywhere.

and what about gunblade hunters? can they equip the entire gunblade lineup, or are they limited to certain gunblades? because high-end gunblades look awesome, the ranger armors too, sucks if i can't equip them due to limitations.

as a hunter, i mainly use gunblades, but i do use their slashes more often than their shot, so i feed my mag swords to raise its striking stat.

thanks for the reply.

holmwood
Jul 1, 2012, 10:17 PM
oh, soit is the 3 parameters on top? so if i want to equip ranger gears i should feed guns to my mag? guess i should just forget it then, as a hunter, i rarely see any gun drops from anywhere.

and what about gunblade hunters? can they equip the entire gunblade lineup, or are they limited to certain gunblades? because high-end gunblades look awesome, the ranger armors too, sucks if i can't equip them due to limitations.

as a hunter, i mainly use gunblades, but i do use their slashes more often than their shot, so i feed my mag swords to raise its striking stat.

thanks for the reply.

NOW NOW HOLD ON THERE.

You could, in fact, buy guns from npcs and feed it that way. That's how I got my mag to level 30 in a day while semi Afking. XD

origami21
Jul 1, 2012, 11:19 PM
well, yeah, but that'd be expensive. and maybe even tedious. and it's like, 1 pt per 1 level, right? that's a lot of guns..

does anyone know, at level 30 hunter, how big is the ranged skill? i want to know whether i can equip the endgame gunblades or not.

thanks again.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 1, 2012, 11:40 PM
Most gunblades require the Ability stat, which is the 4th stat that goes up when you feed your mag any weapon. Some other gunblades require really high striking power instead. You're better off not caring about ranged attack

To equip ranger armor units, you need to level up the 5th stat, which is easiest to raise by feeding it arm units

origami21
Jul 1, 2012, 11:52 PM
Most gunblades require the Ability stat, which is the 4th stat that goes up when you feed your mag any weapon. Some other gunblades require really high striking power instead. You're better off not caring about ranged attack

To equip ranger armor units, you need to level up the 5th stat, which is easiest to raise by feeding it arm units

wait wait wait, so the first 3 are NOT the ones that affects requirements? as i understand they are attack powers, so i thought the last 3 (the ones after the ability) are defenses.

so actually, the ones affecting the requirements are the last 3 (which are raised by armors) instead? and what is the "ability" stat you mentioned (the one that raise a bit for every weapons and armor eaten, IIRC)?

so the mag stats are:

strike ATP
range ATP
tech ATP
ability (what's this?)
strike requirement (not def?)
range requirement (not def?)
tech requirement (not def?)

GoldenFalcon
Jul 1, 2012, 11:53 PM
I messed up my counting since I'm silly

Ranged defense is the 6th stat on the mag. Top 3 are for weapons, bottom 3 are for armors

Zyrusticae
Jul 1, 2012, 11:54 PM
No, the three last are indeed all defenses.

The thing is, all of the attacks are used as requirements for different weapons, and all the defenses are used as requirements for different units.

origami21
Jul 2, 2012, 12:12 AM
i see. so weapons require ATP, while armors require defense? so if i am a hunter, and i want to equip ranged armor i should increase ranged def ( the 6th), instead of ranged ATP (the 2nd), right?

and what was the "ability" thing you mentioned earlier? after some searches, i found no hard answer, but a blogspot noted that it tightens one's damage range, or something, and probably some skill multiplier.

Shujinko
Jul 2, 2012, 12:16 AM
My stats as a hunter at lvl 30 with no equipment (weapon,shields, and mag) is 320 striking 293 shooting 237 skill. Also it depends on what gunslash you want to wear because some have different requirements.So far that I have seen non red rarity gunslash use the skill stat.

Here are a few red rares for example.
ネグリングゼロ = 373 striking
アインマズルガ = 419 shooting
アキシオン = 184 skill

Some info about mags.
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-open-beta-intro-to-mags/

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195677

mhjc
Jul 2, 2012, 12:21 AM
i see. so weapons require ATP, while armors require defense? so if i am a hunter, and i want to equip ranged armor i should increase ranged def ( the 6th), instead of ranged ATP (the 2nd), right?

and what was the "ability" thing you mentioned earlier? after some searches, i found no hard answer, but a blogspot noted that it tightens one's damage range, or something, and probably some skill multiplier.

NO such thing as "ranged" armor. The icon you see notes which is the highest defense type stat for that armor. This icon may change if you upgrade it enough and the strike defense becomes higher.
All armors give defense for all 3, just some types require different types of defense to equip.

origami21
Jul 2, 2012, 12:27 AM
NO such thing as "ranged" armor. The icon you see notes which is the highest defense type stat for that armor. This icon may change if you upgrade it enough and the strike defense becomes higher.
All armors give defense for all 3, just some types require different types of defense to equip.

lol, so that explains why i saw a couple of identical armor, yet different class icons. i thought they were different armors. thanks for the answers. seems i better start planning what to feed my mags. gotta check 'em requirements first. thanks a bunch!

GoldenFalcon
Jul 2, 2012, 01:41 AM
NO such thing as "ranged" armor.

Incorrect. Armor units that require high ranged defense (like 280) will be equipable by rangers a lot earlier than hunters and forces

ryoko227
Jul 3, 2012, 08:40 PM
Okay, so after reading this thread I've got a few questions...

Personally, I was originally under the assumption that the icon denoted class based armor. It wasn't until I actually took the time to read the Japanese that I realized it could be worn by anyone and had better defense for the icon indicated.

I've also noticed while playing (using RAdef. units) that I... Rarely ever even get shot at... And if I do, I take like 1 dmg. Where as in the city, if I get hit or tech'd on, I can loose 20%-50% of my HP in 1 blow.

Since strictly speaking, the units can be worn by anyone with whom fulfills the stat requirement... I have to ask, which defense type would you all recommend as being the most versatile and useful for an RA?

My character is only 18 and not even in the desert yet, so I don't really know how much I'll be shot or tech'd at later in the game. I love using the ディフューズシェル PA so I'm always in melee range and most often get physically hit. Would it be best to switch over the melee defense units?

KusaTheFonewearl
Jul 3, 2012, 08:44 PM
Imma slip a question in here quick regarding the mags, as far as the stats go... any word on special evolution requirements? I'm currently focusing on tech dmg and ability stats, keeping them equal as I go, hoping this will get me something special. you know, like in pso, the special mags on there would pop up, when you kept "stat a" equal with "stat b," or when you had "stat a" and "b" be equal to or more than "stat c..." etc...

Priest
Jul 3, 2012, 09:14 PM
@ Ryoko I usually equip the striking defense units on all classes because I'm generally in enemies faces with a gunslash or soul eater.

@ Kusa No word I've seen on "special evolutions" like in PSO but I'm guessing having a mix of Striking+ranged or Ranged+Tech etc, will net you the other combined evolutions. It only shows 9 mags in the picture so these would be my guesses for combinations.

Pure Striking
Pure Ranged
Pure Tech
Pure Ability
Striking+Ranged
Striking+Tech
Ranged+Tech
Striking+Ranged+Tech PLUS Ability
Striking+Ranged+Tech NO Ability

So not sure exactly of course, but seems like a good guess.

Vylera
Jul 3, 2012, 09:55 PM
@ Ryoko I usually equip the striking defense units on all classes because I'm generally in enemies faces with a gunslash or soul eater.

@ Kusa No word I've seen on "special evolutions" like in PSO but I'm guessing having a mix of Striking+ranged or Ranged+Tech etc, will net you the other combined evolutions. It only shows 9 mags in the picture so these would be my guesses for combinations.

Pure Striking
Pure Ranged
Pure Tech
Pure Ability
Striking+Ranged
Striking+Tech
Ranged+Tech
Striking+Ranged+Tech PLUS Ability
Striking+Ranged+Tech NO Ability

So not sure exactly of course, but seems like a good guess.

http://pso2.jp/players/update/20120704/03/

If you look at the 9 mag images up top and the 9 screenshots provided, did you notice that the HUcast's mag is not displayed in the top area, only the screenshot?

Also, RaCaseal's mag (top left screeny) is not shown up top, that one's the human ranger (RaMar, god I'm rusty with these class names).

Counting the unique looking mags from both the screenies and the top banner thing, there are at least 13 different mags. But 13 doesn't really line up that well with anything we know. There are many many more than 13 stat combinations.

3 races
3 classes
2 genders

If my guess is right, your mag appearance at level 100 is determined by your class, race, and gender, which would make for 18 total different level 100 mag looks.

It would also allow the opportunity for you to customize the outlook of your mag by changing class at mag level 99 before feeding it. In fact, when you change back and forth between classes, the mag look may change with you.

The 9 screenshots provided are all a different class/race/gender combination and all have different mags, which makes me want to believe that this is a VERY probably theory.

To make sure I'm not blind, from left to right, top to bottom,

F RA Cast
M FO Human
M RA Human

F FO Newman
F RA Human
M HU Cast

F HU Human/Newman (can't see ears, but doesn't matter either way)
F RA Newman
F FO Human

Of course, this still poses some problems. This theory doesn't consider having a dominant stat to determine the level 30 evolution, or whether or not a stat bias is needed at level 100 for evolution to occur.

ryoko227
Jul 4, 2012, 04:17 AM

Awesome, TY Priest :)