PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Advice on S-Rank'ing the Cave in under 20 mintues?

GH0
Jul 1, 2012, 08:57 PM
Does anyone have some advice on S-Ranking the cave in under 20 minutes?

I have been able to get to the dragon, with plenty of time to spare, at which point, I either run out of 'mates, moon atomizers for party members (AI or otherwise), etc.

My character is a hunter at level 15.

I feel like my attack could probably definitely use a boost, right now, I am generally hitting 50 - 80 attack power on the dragon.

Is there a specific way, tactical advantage to beat the dragon, or get through the area with plenty of time to spare?

Do I really need to attack everything (or what is the minimum that I need to attack)?

Would really appreciate some help.

mctastee
Jul 1, 2012, 09:31 PM
Attack the crystal thing on its tail. When it breaks he will stick his in the ground and not do anything. When he does that attack the horns on his face and back. Doing this will also cause his armor to fall off, so you don't have to worry about him shooting the giant fireball either.

browser
Jul 1, 2012, 09:35 PM
find the spots that hurt him most and constantly hit him there, I found hitting them on the horn on this head did the most damage. You can press tab to lock on to it and press Q to unlock.
Theres an item you can get to boost your attack too
breaking the ball on his tail will make him poke it into the ground while he makes it come back, that's your chance to do some damage since he's stationary and can't attack back

Inaruna
Jul 2, 2012, 04:08 AM
Even in a full party only one Vol Dragon spawns, so you could go with 3 other people when you do that quest to make it a lot easier.

I found hitting them on the horn on this head did the most damage. There is also his tail (I don't really suggest the tail) and the spike on his back, in between his wings. His head is also a some-what decent spot.

If you're a sword gear hunter you could use one of these two skills to help you deal a lot more damage faster.
http://i.imgur.com/GA9S6.jpg

gigawuts
Jul 2, 2012, 04:52 AM
NPC's actually get themselves up after a while, so you can just keep at it. Because of this you can make sure they die instead of you - get a hunter specifically to run up and take hits. Focus mostly on dodging his fireballs (when he looks at you and rears his head back is when you can expect it) and staying roughly to his side. Watch for his tail swing in the back, fireballs and firebreath in the front, and when he flies in the air either be ready to dodge when he lands or if he's flying then you can avoid the fireball by staying under his tail (you can see his shadow).

I usually focus on his horn, the tail thing only stuns him momentarily.

Those are most of the tips I've picked up by playing, not sure on anybody else's experience.

Oh yeah, and then there's the fire that comes out of the ground. I've sure you've learned to avoid those, but in case you haven't...try to avoid those.

edit: Don't be afraid to break out your gunslash. In really rough fights avoiding damage is more important than dealing damage. That doesn't mean to do it the whole time, but when you're backing off you can still pitter at him a bit.

TelleT
Jul 2, 2012, 04:54 AM
If you have put a skillpoint on "Just Guard" you can just attack his tail and block the double tail attacks, can be hard the first times. But when you get use to it your unstoppable!

When the crystal breaks just smash some damage to his head! :D

Geistritter
Jul 2, 2012, 05:21 AM
Get one of the best ice weapons you can use and grind it, and consider using a Gunblade, because it's more or less your best boss option at your level. Consider bringing Jean and/or Alfin if you don't have any friends with Weak Shot, because they do.

skuld01
Jul 2, 2012, 06:02 AM
get a team up, also a FO.

Tell FO to keep casting ice spell on its leg, the dragon leg CAN BE freezes onto the ground.

Once it is freezes, get the tail.

When tail is break, freeze the leg AGAIN when the tail is break.

Then here is your over 30 seconds of time that you can spend on attacking the horn on its head and back.

In detail:
when its leg is frozen while the tail is broken, it will try to remove the ice first, then stuck its tail into the ground only when the ice is off.

Also grab a ranger with weak bullet.

That's how you kill the dragon within 3 minutes.

Note: also weapon with freezing enchantment can freeze the leg when it hits the leg.