PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Will everyone level all classes? Individuality?

Meevs
Jul 1, 2012, 10:52 PM
So you don't have to make new charecters(and buy them) to switch classes?

You can just level all three with no drawback? I just read in another thread that Cast can easily level up Force without suffering any noticeable penalties? What? Are the level of techs they can use capped?

I'm not likeing that, wheres the individuality? Will everyone level all classes? Will having to find a "good" Force or using your good items when you can't to complete a mission or quest be needed, or any strategy for a group of hunters to win by themselves? Am I thinking old school, where people were either main, forces, hunters, or were in love with being a ranger? And yeah I did know many people who dabbled at other classes and even maxed them all out, but it felt like more people played and stuck with a class of choice, due to char. stats and not wanting to make another...etc...

Maybe I'm missing something, because my friend who has played cb and currently in ob hasn't explained it... I would've played both but I'm waiting to get a new computer, definitely can't wait to get started, but this to me seems like one of the only complaints I have, everything else so far looks fine. Are there any drawbacks to leveling all three classes?:-?

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jul 1, 2012, 11:13 PM
I dunno. It takes some time to level in the PSO series, especially to a level like 200 or 180. And even if leveling becomes faster than it is now, it still probably won't be a cakewalk.

However, each character only gets 1 Mag if you don't pay for another, so people may make multiple characters for that reason.

Mikura
Jul 1, 2012, 11:30 PM
I dunno. It takes some time to level in the PSO series, especially to a level like 200 or 180. And even if leveling becomes faster than it is now, it still probably won't be a cakewalk.

However, each character only gets 1 Mag if you don't pay for another, so people may make multiple characters for that reason.

Except you have to pay to make another character. So either way, it's going to cost you. PSU allowed you to switch classes on the same character as well, and I knew plenty of people that still made other characters just to main certain classes because of the stats being better or they wanted to be someone else for a change. So yeah, I'm sure they'll be plenty of variety.

MissMalice
Jul 1, 2012, 11:34 PM
I might! I've never played PSO before, but I was hardcore into PSU. Force was my best and favorite class, but I liked Hunter as well. I started a Force here and liked it, but I'm making Hunter my main for the time being. c: I'll probably level my Force a little bit while the cap is still at 30. Also, I never liked Ranger. Maybe the Gatling glitch from PSU spoiled it for me since people kept abusing it and making the class seem boring, but it never appealed to me even before people started using that glitch.

LK1721
Jul 1, 2012, 11:39 PM
I'm planning on leveling both Ranger and Force (almost to 30 with Ranger) so that I can be a true RAmarl if subclasses are ever released.

pikachief
Jul 1, 2012, 11:42 PM
I might! I've never played PSO before, but I was hardcore into PSU. Force was my best and favorite class, but I liked Hunter as well. I started a Force here and liked it, but I'm making Hunter my main for the time being. c: I'll probably level my Force a little bit while the cap is still at 30. Also, I never liked Ranger. Maybe the Gatling glitch from PSU spoiled it for me since people kept abusing it and making the class seem boring, but it never appealed to me even before people started using that glitch.

I got really good with that glitch but i realized i could do runs faster without it lol it was pretty lame.

Yes any character can be any class with very little drawbacks. Individuality will come from the skill trees since you'll never be able to max anything out on it. I like being able to play as another class on mu main without getting totally gimped

Mikura
Jul 1, 2012, 11:43 PM
I'll probably level hunter and ranger on the same character since she's a human with balanced stats, but there's a good possibility I'll make a separate newman character to play as force.

Ueno54
Jul 1, 2012, 11:57 PM
Force and then Hunter for me.

BIG OLAF
Jul 1, 2012, 11:59 PM
I don't have the patience to level more than one class, at least not for I while, I won't. I'll just be sticking to Hunter for the foreseeable future. May make a Ranger character down the road, though.

Zyrusticae
Jul 2, 2012, 12:01 AM
I find the talent trees to be a much better method of differentiation and "individuality" than having stark racial differences that amount to everyone of a certain race/class combination ending up being the exact same statistically save for item stat variations anyways.

Boy, that was a mouthful!

Meevs
Jul 2, 2012, 12:04 AM
Individuality will come from the skill trees since you'll never be able to max anything out on it.

As long as this means that because someone put more work into their force, their techs do more damage than that cast with a max force, then that's acceptable, because then it'll seem like your "main" is a force as opposed to everyone having all classes with all equal stats minus the mag stats(still not sure(until I get on), which is why im asking about the drawback)

Zyrusticae
Jul 2, 2012, 12:08 AM
I'm still not understanding the hate-on for Focasts/caseals.

It's starting to border on religious fervor, methinks.

Macman
Jul 2, 2012, 12:14 AM
They're afraid the CAST master race will start to encroach on the fleshling's only remaining merit.

Dinosaur
Jul 2, 2012, 12:15 AM
Each class has their own set of base stats and your gender/race combination have modifiers upon those base stats(EX: FOnewearl gets 110% on T-atk from the Force base stat, 95% HP).

mhjc
Jul 2, 2012, 12:17 AM
The difference in class is fairly minor. The mag will be the deciding factor. A FOcaseal with a proper mag will outdamage a Newman and human force if they don't have a great mag behind them.

They're afraid the CAST master race will start to encroach on the fleshling's only remaining merit.

So True. Casts are superior in every way except for magic defense... which isn't really an issue since they have HP to back it up. This may change if SEGA releases more monsters that make you require magic defense. I only know of Vol Dragon that can nearly one shot someone with low t.def.

Randomness
Jul 2, 2012, 12:24 AM
The difference in class is fairly minor. The mag will be the deciding factor. A FOcaseal with a proper mag will outdamage a Newman and human force if they don't have a great mag behind them.

A HUnewm with a proper mag will outdamage a Human or Cast hunter (at base stats) too. Your point?

mhjc
Jul 2, 2012, 12:27 AM
A HUnewm with a proper mag will outdamage a Human or Cast hunter (at base stats) too. Your point?

The point is, the mag is the deciding factor between classes. I said the class stats are minor. If you didn't get that from the previous post, I don't know how else to describe it.

spade88
Jul 2, 2012, 12:45 AM

You can just level all three with no drawback? I just read in another thread that Cast can easily level up Force without suffering any noticeable penalties? What? Are the level of techs they can use capped?

I'm not likeing that, wheres the individuality? Will everyone level all classes? Will having to find a "good" Force or using your good items when you can't to complete a mission or quest be needed, or any strategy for a group of hunters to win by themselves? Am I thinking old school, where people were either main, forces, hunters, or were in love with being a ranger? And yeah I did know many people who dabbled at other classes and even maxed them all out, but it felt like more people played and stuck with a class of choice, due to char. stats and not wanting to make another...etc...

Maybe I'm missing something, because my friend who has played cb and currently in ob hasn't explained it... I would've played both but I'm waiting to get a new computer, definitely can't wait to get started, but this to me seems like one of the only complaints I have, everything else so far looks fine. Are there any drawbacks to leveling all three classes?:-?

their is no real individuality with PSO2, they are trying to separate themselves from the original PSO.

On one hand it is nice to be able to level up on different classes all at once, but it looses its appeal at least for me that is...

Randomness
Jul 2, 2012, 01:11 AM
The point is, the mag is the deciding factor between classes. I said the class stats are minor. If you didn't get that from the previous post, I don't know how else to describe it.

Your previous post came across as "Casts>all", especially considering the previous posts. Sorry.

Yunfa
Jul 2, 2012, 01:33 AM
I got really good with that glitch but i realized i could do runs faster without it lol it was pretty lame.

Yes any character can be any class with very little drawbacks. Individuality will come from the skill trees since you'll never be able to max anything out on it. I like being able to play as another class on mu main without getting totally gimped

I never got bored with it heh heh heh

Boodendorf
Jul 2, 2012, 04:14 AM
I'd like to if I had fun with other classes. So far I found ranger really boring, going to try out force.

Jrgsubzero
Jul 2, 2012, 04:20 AM
I'd like to if I had fun with other classes. So far I found ranger really boring, going to try out force.

Trying out ranger without any PAs would be like trying out force without any spells.

Darki
Jul 2, 2012, 04:51 AM
Why would there be drawbacks for actually putting three times the effort on your character than someone that sticks to just one class? I don't see the logic behind this argument. It would actually make sense the opposite way, that levelling up all classes carried over some of the benefits to the rest.

To have a levelled class in PSO2 is not like in PSU where you can be a level 180 character and decide to switch instantly to a different class to test it out, and have inmediate access to all PAs, weapons and missions to toy with. In this game you start from level 1, so if you actually see someone who is level 30 force and level 30 hunter, that person probably didn't switch classes on a whim, and had to go all the way learning to use the new class. And this will only get better since the level cap will be increased over time.

I'm not a "ranger lover", but I'm a hunter and force lover equally, and I plan on maxing both classes on my main, having a striking and a technic mag on her, getting elitist gear for both classes and probably playing as well with both classes as any other hunter or force out there. And there will be people that will do the same, and even further with other classes. I don't see the damage on this.

About the race stuff, I kinda agree, but still prefer it this way. My girlfriend for example loves HUcasts, from PSU, and while I'd have preferred that they though of different ways of make each race good with each class (like, newmans being strong forces, fast hunters and agile rangers, while CASTs would be strong hunters and rangers, and defensive/supportive forces), I still prefer this than PSO way of "no FOcast".

Boodendorf
Jul 2, 2012, 04:55 AM
Trying out ranger without any PAs would be like trying out force without any spells.

You really think I would try another class without any PAs/spells? Especially when I ate as many CDs as possible, no matter what the weapon on the way to lv30?
Really?

gigawuts
Jul 2, 2012, 04:55 AM
I'll be playing my force as a FOcast. I have no concerns about individuality.

Geistritter
Jul 2, 2012, 05:09 AM
The individuality is how you play, how you distribute your skill points, and what your character looks like, if you really have to feel like a special snowflake that desperately. Don't complain that everyone can be good at everything now that some arbitrary crippling isn't built into them; it's one of the best things that's happened to this game other than the removal of the accuracy and evasion stats.

Meevs
Jul 3, 2012, 10:26 PM
Forword, I've already made my peace with the system as someone explained that the stat tree will make the difference as well as the mag stats(and I love pso...), and i appreciate that those people have read that I haven't played yet, so ive just found out about the maxing out the stat tree and one mag.

----- The defensive side of me----

The individuality is how you play, how you distribute your skill points, and what your character looks like, if you really have to feel like a special snowflake that desperately. Don't complain that everyone can be good at everything now that some arbitrary crippling isn't built into them; it's one of the best things that's happened to this game other than the removal of the accuracy and evasion stats.

That's the point... what are you being good at? Leveling? Or are you learning the ins and outs of a class? I'm just a bit reluctant to have a bunch of nubs with all three classes maxed just because they didn't have to worry about putting in any effort.

Also, geisitter, i doubt everyone would be good at all three jobs(which is sad as this is a straight forward game), it wasn't this way in any of the previous, and it won't be in pso2, you say "crippling"... and I say "challenging"..

and I think this way because I have a ffxi background, where if you leveled another job, it took work and time, and all the people that did max out all jobs on xi definitely had to go through challenges as it wasn't an easy task and made people find a job they liked the most, and this created a community in game between different jobs, which was an added bonus, different games ya but, in pso i also knew people who stuck to their fav, and had hunter friends who talked about melee rares and knew force people that talked about how to get techs, and rangers who compared guns and had discussion on when to use different guns

while I'd have preferred that they though of different ways of make each race good with each class (like, newmans being strong forces, fast hunters and agile rangers, while CASTs would be strong hunters and rangers, and defensive/supportive forces), I still prefer this than PSO way of "no FOcast".

Agree to disagree. I like it the PSO way.:-)

lol scenarios

scenario 1

PSO:

force lvl 10: "hey how did you get that tech?"

force lvl 68: "easiest way to get it is on vh caves from "mob"...

PSO2

force lvl 10: "hey how did he get that tech?"

force lvl 178: "I don't know, just leveling this for fun, you might wanna ask another force"

scenario 2

PSO:

LVL 70 rng: "hey you might wanna use that other spread on the boss"

LvL 45 rng: "cool, i need 2 more pds to get the "blabla" "

PSO2

LVL hunter 145: "hey you flippin nob, don't use that gun, use the other one"

LVL 10 rng: how do you know? aren't you a hunter?

LVL 145: "im lvl 100+ everything, DEW WHAT I SEH!"

Scarlet_Rain
Jul 3, 2012, 10:40 PM
Definitely leveling RO and FO on my first char. Not sure if the AC costumes are character bound or account bound, but either way another char is more money so that's kind of a factor.

AlMcFly
Jul 3, 2012, 10:48 PM
I don't really have a desire to level Force. My main is a Ranger and I have a side Hunter character half-leveled purely for use as an NPC partner.

Vylera
Jul 3, 2012, 10:49 PM

Rangers are pretty boring even with PAs.

You don't have to dodge 90% of the time, just move & shoot.

And if you're a launcher ranger in a party of actual players, you can just hold left click while drinking bubble tea and nothing will go wrong.

The only challenge for a ranger is to see how good your accuracy is on enemy weak points.

On topic:

Maxing Hunter and Ranger, and buying a mag so that both of them can have one.

ibaraki_ben
Jul 3, 2012, 10:50 PM
Yeah, I am a hunter now but I will make a Force next.

Do we know if other classes will be added like in PSU?

I'd like to be a Wartecher again.

Wolfgrey666
Jul 3, 2012, 10:50 PM
Forword, I've already made my peace with the system as someone explained that the stat tree will make the difference as well as the mag stats(and I love pso...), and i appreciate that those people have read that I haven't played yet, so ive just found out about the maxing out the stat tree and one mag.

----- The defensive side of me----

That's the point... what are you being good at? Leveling? Or are you learning the ins and outs of a class? I'm just a bit reluctant to have a bunch of nubs with all three classes maxed just because they didn't have to worry about putting in any effort.

Also, geisitter, i doubt everyone would be good at all three jobs(which is sad as this is a straight forward game), it wasn't this way in any of the previous, and it won't be in pso2, you say "crippling"... and I say "challenging"..

and I think this way because I have a ffxi background, where if you leveled another job, it took work and time, and all the people that did max out all jobs on xi definitely had to go through challenges as it wasn't an easy task and made people find a job they liked the most, and this created a community in game between different jobs, which was an added bonus, different games ya but, in pso i also knew people who stuck to their fav, and had hunter friends who talked about melee rares and knew force people that talked about how to get techs, and rangers who compared guns and had discussion on when to use different guns

Agree to disagree. I like it the PSO way.:-)

lol scenarios

scenario 1

PSO:

force lvl 10: "hey how did you get that tech?"

force lvl 68: "easiest way to get it is on vh caves from "mob"...

PSO2

force lvl 10: "hey how did he get that tech?"

force lvl 178: "I don't know, just leveling this for fun, you might wanna ask another force"

scenario 2

PSO:

LVL 70 rng: "hey you might wanna use that other spread on the boss"

LvL 45 rng: "cool, i need 2 more pds to get the "blabla" "

PSO2

LVL hunter 145: "hey you flippin nob, don't use that gun, use the other one"

LVL 10 rng: how do you know? aren't you a hunter?

LVL 145: "im lvl 100+ everything, DEW WHAT I SEH!"

I gotta admit as someone who started at dreamcast PSO this made me crack up more than it should have.

It also made me smile, i was one of those kind of rangers.I knew every gun, i knew the different ranges for each rifle, i knew what was accurate.God i miss those days.

Lostbob117
Jul 3, 2012, 10:51 PM
I used a humar so I can do this.

Dxluv
Jul 3, 2012, 11:02 PM
No, I will not. At least, that's the plan.

I'm a bit of a character loyalist, though that is a weird thing to say for an MMO.
I'm still dedicated to what I consider my "main character", and wish to usually
max said character out before I move on. I usually lose interest before that
and either quit or make a new character. But that's my inevitable reaction to
these games, rather than the plan.

I figure just buying more mags for specialization will be cheaper than character
slots, and less unwieldy than having multiple accounts. On the same hand, it will
be a way that I may give patronage. I also enjoy the mythos of my character
formerly being able to perform magic, and now a cast able to do the same
things, if he should like.

lol, I like this formatting. Tell me if it's annoying.

Quatre52
Jul 3, 2012, 11:02 PM
I'll be making at least 3 characters.

Yea, I know I could just change classes, but to me thats not as much fun as having a different character for the classes, something about being able to switch characters for different classes just feels better.

Besides, ...11..12 year? tradition says I need my force to go with my ranger!

RocSage
Jul 3, 2012, 11:04 PM
I'm currently;
lvl 26 Hunter
lvl 19 Ranger
lvl 17 Force

And on another character lvl 18 Hunter.

Trying to level up that third class is tedious due to having no Client Orders really available other than the dailies and you either have to clear all the dailies out before you switch classes so you don't over load yourself with Client Orders, or just not take them, both of which I don't like doing.

As far as leveling... That Lvl 18 Hunter reached Hunter 17, with everything save for free desert and Hard Mode unlocked, in less than a 18 hours roughly. That's not a lot of time for an MMO.

Disastorm
Jul 4, 2012, 05:29 AM

How is leveling classes on a single char different than on separate chars if you can only equip one at a time and you start leveling each class from level 1?

darkante
Jul 4, 2012, 05:32 AM
I have a different class for different characters (gonna only make 2 more characters)
Although when hybrids get by, it will be something more related to the standard class if i switch that is.

Donīt wanna play hunter style on several characters exactly (at least not in PSO2).

C9Rocket82
Jul 4, 2012, 05:35 AM
Nah I'll just be sticking with my one class if I do get to play PSO2.

Leanbell
Jul 4, 2012, 08:12 AM
If I'll ever plan on lvling another class (currently a Hunter), it'll probably be with another character. I like keeping my characters class-specific for some reason. X:

Meevs
Jul 4, 2012, 02:35 PM
I gotta admit as someone who started at dreamcast PSO this made me crack up more than it should have.

It also made me smile, i was one of those kind of rangers.I knew every gun, i knew the different ranges for each rifle, i knew what was accurate.God i miss those days.

Nice, this is exactly what I'm talking as well, I mean you would be that ranger that would help out other rangers, or you would be Wolfgrey, a good ranger to invite for some runs, or hell I mean, just standing around the lobby chatting about ranger stuff, but everyone had max level ranger, the class ranger alone wouldn't matter, UNLESS, and this is what we have, as ive been told, the stat tree making you a part of the rangers.

Like me for instance, i've always played a hunter, only tried out both other jobs on psobb, then went right back to hunter, i used to love talking about good slicers with hit and good situational equips for hunters, and i didn't do this with a force(which is my friends main and favorite class, even helped me meet new people) or a ranger, unless they were one of those people who leveled them all, and I understand people do that, but not everyone, at least in the early days, prob. see allot more ppl on bb with all jobs fairly high, but i still see them mention their main is 200 "w/e".

Glad to see people understand what I mean, I know that dedicated jobs will know and chat with each other anyways, but it would take away if everyone was on equal playing grounds stat wise.

Okay, back to Golden Sun8-)

Garnet_Moon
Jul 4, 2012, 02:38 PM
I'll be sticking with Force for a good while. And not because I'm lazy and I just press 1 button and an entire room dies... no, that's not it at all! Honest!

Blackheart521
Jul 4, 2012, 02:48 PM
Come fall you can bet I'll have all 3 at 40 then I'll have 3 more classes to raise to 50 along with raising the other ones from 40 to 50, I'm gonna be getting busy haha ^^

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 4, 2012, 02:56 PM
Hmmm in reference to making a second char oppose to buying an additional mag.

Idk if you can buy either or seperate but whats the price for both?

Depending on the price range i'd just buy another mag.

With making a new character i'd have to start over from scratch....client orders,matterboards,etc

Blackheart521
Jul 4, 2012, 03:15 PM
Hmmm in reference to making a second char oppose to buying an additional mag.

Idk if you can buy either or seperate but whats the price for both?

Depending on the price range i'd just buy another mag.

With making a new character i'd have to start over from scratch....client orders,matterboards,etc

Characters aren't much more expensive they are 500 whereas mags are 300 but characters like you said are a much larger time investment than simply switching classes ^^;

KoC
Jul 4, 2012, 03:19 PM
I definitely will. I want to get the most out of my character and if I have to buy more mags then so be it. I don't mind shelling out a few bucks for one of my favorite game franchises.

RocSage
Jul 4, 2012, 03:27 PM
Nice, this is exactly what I'm talking as well, I mean you would be that ranger that would help out other rangers, or you would be Wolfgrey, a good ranger to invite for some runs, or hell I mean, just standing around the lobby chatting about ranger stuff, but everyone had max level ranger, the class ranger alone wouldn't matter, UNLESS, and this is what we have, as ive been told, the stat tree making you a part of the rangers.

Like me for instance, i've always played a hunter, only tried out both other jobs on psobb, then went right back to hunter, i used to love talking about good slicers with hit and good situational equips for hunters, and i didn't do this with a force(which is my friends main and favorite class, even helped me meet new people) or a ranger, unless they were one of those people who leveled them all, and I understand people do that, but not everyone, at least in the early days, prob. see allot more ppl on bb with all jobs fairly high, but i still see them mention their main is 200 "w/e".

Glad to see people understand what I mean, I know that dedicated jobs will know and chat with each other anyways, but it would take away if everyone was on equal playing grounds stat wise.

Okay, back to Golden Sun8-)

I understand what you are saying and I think you are wrong and being a bit offensive as you are saying that those people who play multiple classes aren't as good as those who play a single class nor do they know as much or even more than those who dedicate to a single class. Not only is that a baseless assertion but I find that it is completely wrong in just about every application where it doesn't take specialized knowledge and even in those fields where specialization is pretty much required diverse knowledge and experience always proves to be beneficial.

In other words you are wrong and you are saying those who know more about the game lacking that very knowledge that they gained from experince.

There is never a point in time where if there are multiple parties involved you can't benefit from going and doing and learning things from their point of view. IT always makes you a better tank to play a healer because then you understand what a healer is working with, giving you that perspective thus knowing your own limits within their perview. Further, it gives you a sense of respect for those who do those classes, especially ones who are good at it.

This will always be the case and as such the most basic advice of playing a specific role in a game is going be the other roles and see how they work. Until you do that you are likely not doing the best you could.

Ranmo
Jul 4, 2012, 04:31 PM
I was tempted to buy another character instead of a mag, but with all the client orders and unlocks. It seems like having tons of characters could get annoying.

I like the unlocks and all for missions and what not...just wouldn't really want to do it 3 times.

Tessu
Jul 4, 2012, 04:34 PM
I'll probably have one extra character, so I have one CAST and one fleshy to dress up.

DoubleCannon
Jul 4, 2012, 04:52 PM
when the new classes come out which i assume to be hybrid, hopefully i can be a hunter + force HUMAR! lol, id have to level both to max level probably cause sega is mean like that lol

Meevs
Jul 4, 2012, 07:49 PM
I understand what you are saying and I think you are wrong and being a bit offensive as you are saying that those people who play multiple classes aren't as good as those who play a single class nor do they know as much or even more than those who dedicate to a single class. Not only is that a baseless assertion but I find that it is completely wrong in just about every application where it doesn't take specialized knowledge and even in those fields where specialization is pretty much required diverse knowledge and experience always proves to be beneficial.

In other words you are wrong and you are saying those who know more about the game lacking that very knowledge that they gained from experince.

There is never a point in time where if there are multiple parties involved you can't benefit from going and doing and learning things from their point of view. IT always makes you a better tank to play a healer because then you understand what a healer is working with, giving you that perspective thus knowing your own limits within their perview. Further, it gives you a sense of respect for those who do those classes, especially ones who are good at it.

This will always be the case and as such the most basic advice of playing a specific role in a game is going be the other roles and see how they work. Until you do that you are likely not doing the best you could.

I'd like reiterate that I've mentioned multiple times that I know there are people who level multiple classes, I'd prob. level ranger, but I play FFXIV and other games as well, and when I log on to PSO2, I like to play my fav. slash class I've researched on the most.

I may be wrong in your OPINION, but I am acknowledging that people do this, my thought process is that, if it can be so easily done, to where people are just doing it because they're bored, and if EVERYONE, who plays as much I do, did this, we would have a game(eventually) full of chars with all maxed out jobs, minus the in game communities... and yes I do believe many people won't be good at all jobs, I've seen horrible forces with str. mags, rangers meleeing all the time, and hunters only casting magic spells... I've seen it, this was my first online... seen it all or allot. Maybe this game will be different... and everyone will be awesome? Ya never know.:-?

---- Defensive Meevs again :-x ----

I think the best way to learn another's job is to watch, ask, listen, study and learn, and you think it's level the job up... what's wrong with hitting a wiki(well aware there aren't any English one's) or going to a specific class section in a forum(would we need it if everyone was everything and it was so easy to do so with similar stats) and reading their strategies and plans, gear choices etc etc it's what I do:nerd:

My main was rdm in xi, because of my style of play(rdm/whm, support) I did some forums studying on jobs such as bard, later corsair, and melee jobs to figure out how I cold best bring the party that edge to where we had no downtime and got great xp.

Now I understand, not many people want to research and put effort in and they're obviously catering to the casual gamer, which is something I'm learning to accept as I now play many more games... and occasionally like to work on lifes other ventures and once in a while do things with those creatures known as females.

All I can say is let's agree to disagree. I'll def. get a good acc/str mag going and good hunter stat tree as well.

Darki
Jul 4, 2012, 08:32 PM
The thing is that you're going to find horrible forces, rangers ahd hunters, as you already did, even if classes were restricted for chars. Also, not all forces who go around with a str mag do because they're n00bs, some like me do with full aknowledgement that we're gimping our stats in favor of versatility, and same that you don't seem to like seeing forces with str mags, I don't like seeing everyone playing the same way. The fun part is that apparently that, act like clones who use the same mag, the same gear and play the class the same way, seems to be "individuality".

For some people, the best way to investigate a class is actually to use it. You wouldn't ever be able to understand how stressful and busy a support Force would be in PSU, to put a personal example, without playing it. You can read all about stats, skills, PAs, and whatever you want, but the wiki can't transmit personal experiences to your brain. The fact that somebody prefers to actually play a class instead of just wiki research doesn't mean that they're not putting enough effort. Probably many of them will put more effort than you with your wiki.

Also, understand that there is people who have more than one favorite class. I doubt you'd be better force than me just because you only play as a Force while I do a Force/Hunter.

Forcing people to stick to one class even if they're bored isn't going to make them play better due to repetition. In fact, the first thing I'd do if that was the case would be to try to do something else with my character to break the monotony, stuff that would irritate you seeing your previos statements, like meleeing or teching with my ranger and using only melee weapons with my Force.

Also, the idea of this thread seems pretty retarded to me, because I don't see any difference between playing three classes with one character instead of playing each class with a single one. In PSO2 there's no PA restriction, unlike in PSU that you'd have to be switching PAs or nerfing yourself to keep the ones you'd use, so there's room for everything in a single character.

Hobbez
Jul 4, 2012, 09:02 PM
This is just an educated guess here, but since the road map says 3 new jobs coming in fall, one can assume that those 3 jobs may possibly be unlocked by reaching a certain level in combinations of the 3 base jobs.

IE:
force 30 + ranger 30 = new class
ranger x + hunter x = diff new class
Hunter x + force x = 3rd new class

Just speculation, but if its true, you'll want to level every job on one character.

Meevs
Jul 4, 2012, 09:02 PM
In fact, the first thing I'd do if that was the case would be to try to do something else with my character to break the monotony, stuff that would irritate you seeing your previos statements, like meleeing or teching with my ranger and using only melee weapons with my Force.

Well that says allot about your character. And since when is stating ones opinions "retarded" there are many opinions on these forums I and other's don't agree with, but they're just opinions, not gonna change the way it is.

And if I'm aiming for individuality, why would I be against people experimenting, hell I know people experiment with other classes, as I said I did with both? I mean, yeah, if it's just not supporting the party, I'd be like "what are you doing?" ,(and I rarely question nubs, i just acknowledge or /tell my friends lol or if it's bad.... I leave, its usually someone else though) but if it's logical, id be all for it.

I never said anything about forcing, I said drawback, something to make people REALLY think about trying another class, and make those who REALLY don't want to, focus on their favorite.

Meevs
Jul 4, 2012, 09:08 PM
Yeah, then see the effort it would take? Not everyone would want to do that, only those people wanting to play the job, but to level all jobs, would mean time spent, a "drawback...wow I have to level all these jobs just to do that?", doesn't have to be gargantuan(LoL) but something to say, "eh i'm not doing that, it's a lil bit to much, im gonna focus on this".

LoL, and that's awesome, that makes me feel even more comfortable more classes, then I can enjoy being a hunter!

Darki
Jul 4, 2012, 09:58 PM
What I find retarded is that you consider a drawback something that might be applied to individuals like you and not to everybody in general. Nothing in this game forces you to not to focus on the only class you like, and the way you started this post, seemed like you just wanted to put everyone in the same situation. And same that you can have an opinion about the matter, I can have an opinion about yours, I'm not trying to "censor" yours or make you change it, but I believe is a stupid idea.

The thing is, that in PSO2 to switch classes means almost the same as if you made a new one with a different class, because you start from zero. Think about it as if someone decided to make a hunter, a ranger and a force in 3 different accounts and then gave the exact same apperance to them. So your first statement would be only valid if people were also allowed only one single character in the game and they had to make a choice on it that would rule the rest of their timespan in the game.

I see a contradiction in your "aiming for individuality" in your previous posts when you've started criticising different playstyles that diffier from what you consider "to play well", like teching with a Hunter, or carrying a melee mag on a Force. My point is that the way you talk about that gives me the impression that the "individuality" that you're looking for is paradoxically that everybody play each class the same way, that everybody gotta stick to one class and that swapping classes equals being worse player than someone ho dedicates to a single one.

You're using that idea as a norm for your discussion, but the thing is that there will be probably many better players than you that will decide to try and play with all classes in the same characters, and of course there will be players as you described. Also you consider that someone who decides to try a class instead of "investigating in the wiki" purely theoretical, "won't put enough effort" into it, when this is wrong in many aspects. You see, before going online in PSU, for example, I spent months reading about Wartechers and playing offline (where there weren't expert classes) wishing that the time to try the class would come (I didn't have a credit card back then), and I practically memorized the PSUpedia and this web's articles about them. And when I went into the game and tried the class I discovered that it had nothing to do with the idea I had made up in my mind, specially concerning the dedication that support requires, and the fact that WT wasn't as offensive in the force aspect as I had planned. This is only one example like yours about the Force that decided to use melee mags, and like me, there will be many whose method to learn a class is going to diffier from you. For me, playing a supportive class in PSU made me learn many things that I wouldn't have even though about in the months that I were just reading and investigating about them, and made me adapt to that accordingly instead of expecting a premade self-conception of it that I made up ony in my mind.

By the way, if you believe that sentence says a lot about my character, the fact is that this thread says much more about yours. I'm not sure, though, what did you take from my statement that I'd combat the boredom of a game trying to find different ways to play a character.

Meevs
Jul 4, 2012, 11:58 PM
What I find retarded is that you consider a drawback something that might be applied to individuals like you and not to everybody in general.

If you read my posts, you see that I've mentioned several times that I understand some people do level all classes, what are you not getting about that, seems as if your trying to defend a style of play that deteriorate an in game community( i better clarify that so you wont just come back on here and say "doh, people will always talk about their classes" nothings %100, but why ask a group when everybody has it?

And same that you can have an opinion about the matter, I can have an opinion about yours, I'm not trying to "censor" yours or make you change it, but I believe is a stupid idea.

Great that you understand that, I simply started a thread about not liking the ease of leveling all classes, my opinion, I wouldn't have made a post to the public if I didn't wanna hear feedback for my thoughts. The thing is, it seems to me as if you don't see that I also wanted information because I was curious about a certain aspect of the game, and I've found it out and I'm satisfied with the feedback and answers, yet you continue to come on here insulting my opinion as if you're looking to pick a fight, and I know I have a low post count, and each forum has their bullies that are usually aholes to new people, but come on, chill out, you made your point, you think my opinion is stupid, leave it at that, after a few people mentioned how they understand I simple stated that it's cool that someone understands what I meant and even mentioned how I'm satisfied with the stat tree system and mags.

I see a contradiction in your "aiming for individuality" in your previous posts when you've started criticising different playstyles that diffier from what you consider "to play well", like teching with a Hunter, or carrying a melee mag on a Force.

Being inefficient isn't considered individuality in a virtual world with logic behind certain strategies. Judging from this, you seem like the person who finds jumping in the lobby to be entertaining... which was a big discussion and is in many games as many people don't like it, this would be the same as a ranger ONLY using techs that don't deal damage or support the party in anyway. BUT, YOUR NOT UNDERSTANDING, I HAVE MY WAYS OF DEALING WITH PLAYERS LIKE THAT, I leave or they're usually handled by someone with less tolerance.

My point is that the way you talk about that gives me the impression that the "individuality" that you're looking for is paradoxically that everybody play each class the same way, that everybody gotta stick to one class and that swapping classes equals being worse player than someone ho dedicates to a single one.

You can't be serious, besides reading, try to comprehend what I type, I myself was a hunter who liked using high hit slicers a lot, you can do decent damage in many situations, and that's considered unorthodox, as I know many forces would rather Hunters be upfront as to keep the high damage away from them. My concern is that everybody should not have the same stats or be able to get to that point, have all jobs leveled, which takes away from a society of individuals.

And when I went into the game and tried the class I discovered that it had nothing to do with the idea I had made up in my mind, specially concerning the dedication that support requires, and the fact that WT wasn't as offensive in the force aspect as I had planned. This is only one example like yours about the Force that decided to use melee mags, and like me, there will be many whose method to learn a class is going to diffier from you.

Most likely there are forums, with competent class guides, you only relying on the wiki and not the COMMUNITY in game or not(which is also an alternative I mentioned) is also a lack of effort, and to be honest, I'm def. a player who likes to figure out things on my own, or by asking friends... who have focused on that role or class and may have tried out different things, that whole statement brings about the importance of an in game community.

By the way, if you believe that sentence says a lot about my character, the fact is that this thread says much more about yours.

What's it say about my character? That I like individuality? That I like ONLINE games with communities? That I'm not afraid to voice my opinion and ask for advice on something that may or may not enhance my game time, knowing that there are people who may disagree and try to downplay my opinion from their very first post.

Why would there be drawbacks for actually putting three times the effort on your character than someone that sticks to just one class? I don't see the logic behind this argument. It would actually make sense the opposite way, that levelling up all classes carried over some of the benefits to the rest.

Also, the idea of this thread seems pretty retarded to me, because I don't see any difference between playing three classes with one character instead of playing each class with a single one.

And there are many ways to create a drawback, such as the leveling of multiple jobs to attain another as mentioned by another poster adding to the discussion, as opposed to focusing on bashing my opinion.

I'm not sure, though, what did you take from my statement that I'd combat the boredom of a game trying to find different ways to play a character.

For one, if you find a game boring, and your only way to rid yourself of that boredom is to interfere with other peoples enjoyment...

In fact, the first thing I'd do if that was the case would be to try to do something else with my character to break the monotony, stuff that would irritate you seeing your previos statements, like meleeing or teching with my ranger and using only melee weapons with my Force.

...then you should prob. just play something else for the time being. I mean if I was tired of the "monotony" I'd prob. play some xiv, an rpg, lbp, bf3, katamari, or w/e may tickle your fancy lol. But def. wouldn't look to irritate another gamer :D.

Darki
Jul 5, 2012, 04:44 AM
If you read my posts, you see that I've mentioned several times that I understand some people do level all classes, what are you not getting about that, seems as if your trying to defend a style of play that deteriorate an in game community( i better clarify that so you wont just come back on here and say "doh, people will always talk about their classes" nothings %100, but why ask a group when everybody has it?

I do read your posts, thanks. My point is just that what you consider a style of play that deteriorates the in game community, I don't think of it that way.

Great that you understand that, I simply started a thread about not liking the ease of leveling all classes, my opinion, I wouldn't have made a post to the public if I didn't wanna hear feedback for my thoughts. The thing is, it seems to me as if you don't see that I also wanted information because I was curious about a certain aspect of the game, and I've found it out and I'm satisfied with the feedback and answers, yet you continue to come on here insulting my opinion as if you're looking to pick a fight, and I know I have a low post count, and each forum has their bullies that are usually aholes to new people, but come on, chill out, you made your point, you think my opinion is stupid, leave it at that, after a few people mentioned how they understand I simple stated that it's cool that someone understands what I meant and even mentioned how I'm satisfied with the stat tree system and mags.

I'm not trying to bully you and I don't care about your post count. I'm just stating my opinion the same you do, and if you believe it ofensive, I'm sorry, pal, but some of what you've been saying gives me the same feeling.

Being inefficient isn't considered individuality in a virtual world with logic behind certain strategies. Judging from this, you seem like the person who finds jumping in the lobby to be entertaining... which was a big discussion and is in many games as many people don't like it, this would be the same as a ranger ONLY using techs that don't deal damage or support the party in anyway. BUT, YOUR NOT UNDERSTANDING, I HAVE MY WAYS OF DEALING WITH PLAYERS LIKE THAT, I leave or they're usually handled by someone with less tolerance.

Apparently the understanding problem doesn't seem to affect only me. I don't know where did you get that thing about the lobby.

What I'm saying is that you go to the extreme wirh those examples, and that you could use pretty similar examples to justify the opposite. Just because there are bad examples doesn't make it bad. In PSO for example the game was as you said, and isn't it curious that your example comes from there and not PSO2? In PSO2 you can't even cast techs with a Ranger.

You can't be serious, besides reading, try to comprehend what I type, I myself was a hunter who liked using high hit slicers a lot, you can do decent damage in many situations, and that's considered unorthodox, as I know many forces would rather Hunters be upfront as to keep the high damage away from them. My concern is that everybody should not have the same stats or be able to get to that point, have all jobs leveled, which takes away from a society of individuals.

My concern is that individuality isn't just based on that, I mean, what makes your individuality is how you play with your character, not a number in the game telling your level in each class, dude.

Most likely there are forums, with competent class guides, you only relying on the wiki and not the COMMUNITY in game or not(which is also an alternative I mentioned) is also a lack of effort, and to be honest, I'm def. a player who likes to figure out things on my own, or by asking friends... who have focused on that role or class and may have tried out different things, that whole statement brings about the importance of an in game community.

You think I didn't rely on the community checking PSOw for months? Excuse me if I didn't mention it explicitily, but I though it was an obvious asumption as PSOw relies more in the community that in "wiki information".

I'm also a player who likes to figure things on my own, and I don't see what would be better for that that playing a class on my own. People can investigate a class and ask the community and still will benefit from the experience of trying it personally. For me the lack of effort would actually be the fact that you seem to refuse trying it and rely just on what others tell you about it. You know, you can read all about bycicles in the internet and even study physics to understand how do they stay up in two wheel without falling, but you won't ever learn to ride one without trying.

What's it say about my character? That I like individuality? That I like ONLINE games with communities? That I'm not afraid to voice my opinion and ask for advice on something that may or may not enhance my game time, knowing that there are people who may disagree and try to downplay my opinion from their very first post.

No, it simply says that you're another of those elitists who look down on others who don't play the way you think the game should be playing. Your discussion says little about individuality. And I hope you don't take that too bad considering that you keep implying that I'm a lobby tard who doesn't play the game "efficiently". You're beeing as nice as I am. xD

And there are many ways to create a drawback, such as the leveling of multiple jobs to attain another as mentioned by another poster adding to the discussion, as opposed to focusing on bashing my opinion.

Sorry if you feel "bashed", my friend, but did you actually try PSU after master classes were released? Because with your method the only thing I remember seeing were temporal WTs, GTs and FiGs that didn't know shit about their classes because they were playing it just to achieve the next. Your method wouldn't make people not to play those classes, would make people play them even worse.

In PSU I never saw that bad hybrid players when being a hybrid was the goal, and not a step in the way.

For one, if you find a game boring, and your only way to rid yourself of that boredom is to interfere with other peoples enjoyment...

So, playing in a way that I find enjoyable interferes with other people's? I though this was a game, whose essence was to make us have fun. If I have fun being an inefficient player, you can't have a say in the matter.

Also, I wasn't implying that I find the game boring, just that I'd find it boring without the variation that you don't seem to like. As you keep reminding us, bad players would still exist even if what you want was done (as it happened in a game that was that way, as PSO was), because playing bad is something that comes from the player end, not what the game offers you.

...then you should prob. just play something else for the time being. I mean if I was tired of the "monotony" I'd prob. play some xiv, an rpg, lbp, bf3, katamari, or w/e may tickle your fancy lol. But def. wouldn't look to irritate another gamer :D.

Or maybe I should play the way I consider the most enjoyable and not to worry about other irritated gamers. :/

moorebounce
Jul 5, 2012, 05:18 AM
I have 3 accounts one for each class. I know I can't share my bank but don't like the fact that casts can do techs. I don't like the fact that your character can be all three classes. IMO it's kind of stupid on Sega's part because they're trying to make money but if your character can be all three classes why would you make more than one character.

DriftSlave
Jul 5, 2012, 08:07 AM
they did it because people got way too used to it in Universe(i kinda blame that) but back in PSO(ver.1 and 2) I know you had to be committed to whatever character you picked( one per VMU) so ya...

In any case, it's not really a bad idea...it's not broken like PSP2 where you can take all the best passive abilities and stick them on a vanguard and just...ya...>_>' thats why thats not back in PSO2.

personally, I feel that it gives people the incentive to try new things....which isn't a bad thing~

Zyrusticae
Jul 5, 2012, 08:10 AM
Obviously, if you only use one character all the time then you only use one character all the time - meaning there's no appearance variation, which is the real reason you'd want to make another character. I see nothing wrong with this. If you don't care about having another character to play with the appearance options, then having a second or third is simply not for you.

jOhMG
Jul 5, 2012, 08:14 AM
Initially I won't level any other classes and just focus on Force. Once I become a complete BA with the money to spare, I'll go all out and focus on other classes.
The only way I'd really break this goal is if I have any friends that join the game in the upcoming months. I would then focus on other classes so I can level up with some of the people I love most in this world.

Darki
Jul 5, 2012, 09:13 AM
I have 3 accounts one for each class. I know I can't share my bank but don't like the fact that casts can do techs. I don't like the fact that your character can be all three classes. IMO it's kind of stupid on Sega's part because they're trying to make money but if your character can be all three classes why would you make more than one character.

Well, for the same reason that you'd change classes: variety.

In PSO2 I love newmans and Forces, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to play with other characters, I'll probably make a CAST and it will be a ranger. Most people will do this if they're interested in trying other races.

Actually, making other characters would help not concentrating all roles in a single one (shich I don't see bad anyways), because if you make one of your characters a force, why would you do the same in the other one...