PDA

View Full Version : Does the "Sword gear" skill extend to gunslash?

Crimera
Jul 2, 2012, 01:44 AM
i notice there is one for partisan, wire lance, and "sword". Bu there are two types of swords in this game....... The Giant sword and the gunslash.

Or is gunslash the only weapon without a "gear" skill?

Crimera
Jul 2, 2012, 01:50 AM
Hmmm, that is very interesting... thanks.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 2, 2012, 02:16 AM
Well, hunters can use step attack with gunslash, rangers can use standing shot with gunslash, and forces can use spells while wielding a gunslash (from item bar)

Mike
Jul 2, 2012, 02:21 AM
There are no gunslash specific skills in any class tree though.

youcantcatchtheblue
Jul 2, 2012, 02:36 AM
Yeah, I do think it's quite a shame that there are no Gunslash specific skills. Gunslashes could use some more attention since they're quite a fun weapon to use. Right now the class-specific weapons seem more useful to each class.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 2, 2012, 02:44 AM
Yeah, I do think it's quite a shame that there are no Gunslash specific skills. Gunslashes could use some more attention since they're quite a fun weapon to use. Right now the class-specific weapons seem more useful to each class.

I'm not picking you out or anything, but I thought gunslash was lame for ranger until I learned I could charge the blue laser PA. Then it was competing with the damage that my sneak shot would do, while being easier to land hits with

Crimera
Jul 2, 2012, 08:03 AM
I'm not picking you out or anything, but I thought gunslash was lame for ranger until I learned I could charge the blue laser PA. Then it was competing with the damage that my sneak shot would do, while being easier to land hits with

See, on the opposite end of that ( I play hunter) ^.^), it started being fun when I got some cool melee launcher PA's. Then I got that charged "buster shot" like you and I tacked it on to the end of my combos.

This allows me to follow up quickly no matter how far I knock them back. Not to mention it keeps them in the air after a juggle too. Normally you would have to switch over to gun mode to continue bouncing them. But with that PA, you dont have to...

You can shoot that PA-->dash cancel-->follow up. They never touch the ground.

......O.O sounds like a certain fighter >.>