PDA

View Full Version : Classes that fit into PSO2

nightmesh
Jul 2, 2012, 02:26 AM
What this tread is about. Please read before posting. ^^
[SPOILER-BOX]
Okay so that this tread doesn't get derailed I'll explain what its about. Its to talk about what kinds of classes would fit into pso2 world. Not if their going to put new ones in. Not if they should or shouldn't add new classes. Just throwing out idea of classes that would fit into this world without breaking it to much. Now with that out of the way. I'll start. [/SPOILER-BOX]

I was thinking since the story of this game is about finding new planets to live on a scout class would fit in great the story. It would be a assassin/thief like class with dual daggers or kunai. It would be have the option to become a speed type or a debuff type class. It would be the first class with high jump(someone needs it). That's all I got for now.

ashley50
Jul 2, 2012, 02:39 AM
In one word...a Ninja is what you want.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 2, 2012, 02:41 AM
I would like a Weapon Master class, who can use Sword, Launcher, and Rod. Their skill tree would be kind of like Force, but instead of the 3 elements, it would be the 3 weapon types in their own separate branches. To keep it balanced, it would not have access to sword gear or launcher bullets, and would be unable to equip technics on the item palette. Instead, they'd have some other class mechanic, that gives benefits for using the different weapons in quick succession by switching often (would take the place of the T-atk up 1 skill, as a reference) along with specific things like Sword Mastery which makes filling easier and using this bar while wielding a sword more powerful than the other two weapon types.

I kinda didn't focus on roleplaying elements, huh. But, the Joseph NPC would be the first Weapon Master, which would introduce the class to the character so they can change into it, as well as giving his partner card. And yeah, Joseph is a badass

TheBlackMage
Jul 2, 2012, 02:47 AM
I was thinking since the story of this game is about finding new planets to live on a scout class would fit in great the story. It would be a assassin/thief like class with dual daggers or kunai. It would be have the option to become a speed type or a debuff type class. It would be the first class with high jump(someone needs it). That's all I got for now.
Hmm a light de-buffer class I could see it's weapons being: Daggers, Mechguns, and a Gunslash. If Rangers didn't already have their Jellen and Zalure shots I could see this working pretty well.

I thought about (and everyone will laugh at this XD) some sort of "Mag Breeder" class where they can control 2 different types of mags (not at the same time though) 1 could cast a weak version of foie, barta, and zonde. Another would be a ranged attacker that could fire on a single target or multiple (the multiple option doing significantly lesser damage though.

The 3rd mag would always be "summoned" and is a uncontrollable melee attacker that does weak damage to a mob that gets within a certain distance of the character. The class wields no "traditional" weapons at all so it would just be the character, the uncontrollable melee mag, the force or ranger mag, and of course the characters REAL Mag. (So just someone walking around with 3 mags hovering around them.

So this would be some sort of bizzaro Phantasy Star "Pet" class XD that could do a little bit of everything but the other classes surpasses it in their own fields of expertise.

(To be honest though I wouldn't really want to see any new classes in PSO2.)

Darki
Jul 2, 2012, 04:33 AM
I'd be happy if they allow for hybrids, seeing as you can't use PAs of weapons that your class can't use (like for example being a newman hunter that uses techs), so the sense of class/race uniqueness from PSO and the classes from PSU are gone.

Apparently there was going to be this sub-class thing, I hope they don't go back on that, so you can choose a secondary class. I was thinking that it'd be nice that they kept it simple, and choosing a secondary class for examplewould give the stat bonuses of both classes to your character. So if FO have a 130% TP and HU a 130% ATK, a HU/FO would have both, but if you could chose a HU/HU, you'd have 160% ATK.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 2, 2012, 04:42 AM
I was thinking that it'd be nice that they kept it simple, and choosing a secondary class for examplewould give the stat bonuses of both classes to your character. So if FO have a 130% TP and HU a 130% ATK, a HU/FO would have both, but if you could chose a HU/HU, you'd have 160% ATK.

I know this is off topic, but
Classes don't work like that anymore. If anything, Hunter with force subclass would add the force arsenal to your options, with an increase of like 1 to 15% magic power and magic defense (depending on if your force class is leveled in comparison to hunter), and ranger or hunter subclasses would also work the same way

Darki
Jul 2, 2012, 05:03 AM
I don't see why is it off-topic, it goes with the idea. xD

I wasn't trying to be too accurate there, but what I was trying to say is that a subclass could just add (or substract) the stats of that job to your main, so a HU/FO would have both the melee power and magic power of the two classes, while if you chose to use your own class as a subclass, you'd just double that power.

I added the "double-class" idea because I only see it logic. I don't think everybody wants to be a HU/RA or HU/FO or FO/HU or whatever you put it. There will be people who want to play a pure class, and wouldn't they be at a dissadvantage sticking to one class without sub, when others will have two classes?

Also, if you don't notice I'm ot making differences between which class is the sub and which is the main. I think we'd be better off if a HU/FO would be the same as a FO/HU. We have already 3 races, and more than will possibly come. I don't see any need to make more differences, when you can have all those variations combining your race with your class and subclass. For example, a HU/FO newman would be probably more FO oriented than a CAST.

In the other hand, making the "order" of classes matter might allow for more flexibility. A newman HU/FO would probably be more balanced between both classes, while being FO/HU would make it almost the same as a normal FO but with some melee power, and the opposite for a CAST. There might be the case where you actualñly be as 50/50 as possible (I wouldn't hate that).

In shorts, they could make very good uses of the sub-class system, and I hope they do add it.