PDA

View Full Version : Base Stats for Rangers - Equip Stat?

EXPFULL
Jul 2, 2012, 06:14 AM
Hi there,

I got a great deal on an awesome gun I'd like to equip, but I'm just under points away from being able to do so.

Aside from lvling my character and feeding my mag guns (1 point per lvl?), is there a way to boost this stat?

I'm pretty sure it's not my base stat, as that's what is needed to equip units, and is a lower number.

Many thanks,

mhjc
Jul 2, 2012, 06:17 AM
Mag, leveling, or class skills. You can't raise base stats in any other way (for now).
Some speculate that materials may make a return.

EXPFULL
Jul 2, 2012, 06:18 AM
Ah yes, mats. Sounds like another thing for the AC list to me!

Macman
Jul 2, 2012, 06:19 AM
Some speculate that materials may make a return.
I hope not, it'll just be another way to money-grub.
"Oh you accidently ate an Ability Material? We can fix that for you for the low, low cost of 10USD!"

Sp-24
Jul 2, 2012, 06:24 AM
Anyway, only your base stats, which you get by leveling up, selecting appropriate skills and feeding your Mag, affect what can you equip. Ranger weapons all require R.Attack to be equipped, so that's what you need.

Macman
Jul 2, 2012, 06:27 AM
Not always true. There are several weapons that require the ABL stat to use, as well.

Sp-24
Jul 2, 2012, 06:32 AM
Yep, true, now I see it. It's only one gun, though, and you'll always have enough ability to use it.

EDIT: Looks like Hunter and Force classes will need to give their Mag a few Ability levels to use Vita Slasher, though.

EXPFULL
Jul 2, 2012, 07:14 AM
Fantastic - Looks like I'll be keeping my ability mag to a strict gun only diet... is there anything I can feed it that just increases R.Attack? I noticed guns add to ability too....

Blackheart521
Jul 2, 2012, 07:20 AM
Fantastic - Looks like I'll be keeping my ability mag to a strict gun only diet... is there anything I can feed it that just increases R.Attack? I noticed guns add to ability too....

Furniture I believe gives purely R. Attack ^^

EXPFULL
Jul 2, 2012, 08:02 AM
Furniture I believe gives purely R. Attack ^^

Can't work out this this is a joke or not!

Guess I'll see when we get home!

Blackheart521
Jul 2, 2012, 08:04 AM
Can't work out this this is a joke or not!

Guess I'll see when we get home!

Nah, I'm totally serious you could feed your mag potted plants or your parrot lol and it raises Ranged Attack

EXPFULL
Jul 2, 2012, 08:19 AM
Nah, I'm totally serious you could feed your mag potted plants or your parrot lol and it raises Ranged Attack

That's both awesome and mental at the same time. I what world would feeding a car to my robot make me shoot better?

Sizustar
Jul 2, 2012, 08:23 AM
You can also add the Skill that raise R.Atk onto defensive Unit.
Not sure if that will count though

mhjc
Jul 2, 2012, 08:26 AM

I already stated before that they don't count. Shoot, Power, Technic, none raise your base stats, not even Mind, blow resist, react.

Sp-24
Jul 2, 2012, 08:27 AM

It won't. Only your character's personal stats, stats you get from skills and Mag will.