PDA

View Full Version : Cant get used to it

palmtop
Jul 2, 2012, 06:51 AM
So after my Force reaches Level 20 and i already get bored of it i tryed a Hunter to twink ( Ranger is way more boring to play so i didnt get over Lvl 10 ).

The Problems i have with the Hunter is that i die nearly instantly. Ok, i dont use Block cause im too lazy for it but i dodge a lot and still every Hit from that Stupid Monkeys costs me nearly 1/3 of my HP.

After getting Fury Stance, its even more Worse ( I let this Talent now the whole Time deactivated). 3 Hits from a normal Mob, 1 - 2 Hits from a Boss and im Death. My Hunter is now level 13 and i already Died 5 Times and my "Pots" are always empty.

It´s not that the Hunter Class isnt Fun to play but the Damage that it gain is in my OP way to much.

Im just wondering that noone Talks about that in the Forum so i may do something wrong, or its normal to die alot as a Hunter, thats why im asking here.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 2, 2012, 06:56 AM
man i can't tell if you're trolling dawg. you're definitely doing something wrong.

if you're being lazy and trying to play a hunter you're absolutely doing it wrong. hunters are basically never supposed to stay in one place, they're always moving.

you might as well go back to playing a ranger if you wanna stay lazy man.

palmtop
Jul 2, 2012, 07:04 AM
man i can't tell if you're trolling dawg. you're definitely doing something wrong.

if you're being lazy and trying to play a hunter you're absolutely doing it wrong. hunters are basically never supposed to stay in one place, they're always moving.

you might as well go back to playing a ranger if you wanna stay lazy man.

Well, i didnt sayed that im tto lazy overall, just for <guarding. I try to Dodge as much as i can, but beside that i have to make damage sometimes and this is the part where i get hits. Fe. 3 Monkeys around you, you cant watch over them the whole Time.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 2, 2012, 07:09 AM
I couldn't make heads or tales out of this dude's post, lol. I tried a translator, but that didn't really help either. You'll see why:

Thus, my power to reach the level, I was already after 20 holes, I made a lot of Ranger (I 10 lvl to play are boring) twink Hunter. The problem with me is the hunter, almost instantly is that you need to death boss. [OK IM, also, the lazy, but I failed, and a lot of questions, and do not use any Ala hit from monkeys is still in my horsepower is almost one-third of my anger overall cost after retrieving the direction, the situation is even worse (i) now, this talent, all the time.

Yeah, not much better...

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 2, 2012, 07:21 AM
Well, i didnt sayed that im tto lazy overall, just for <guarding. I try to Dodge as much as i can, but beside that i have to make damage sometimes and this is the part where i get hits. Fe. 3 Monkeys around you, you cant watch over them the whole Time.

oh god

"3 monkeys around you, you cant watch over them the whole time"
this will never be forgotten

"omfg i have 3 essays around me, i cant watch over them the whole time"

"jeeze man tonight i'm covering 3 shifts around me, i cant watch over them the whole time"

jokes aside, why are you in the center of 3 monkeys? why dont you move out of the circle of monkeys? typically when i play hunter, i make sure my back is secure and i have no enemies within range. if there are a lot of mobs clustered together i won't just go dive in the center of them and go nuts. i'll typically poke around the circle of mobs with dash attacks>photon arts.

palmtop
Jul 2, 2012, 07:22 AM
I couldn't make heads or tales out of this dude's post, lol. I tried a translator, but that didn't really help either. You'll see why:

Thus, my power to reach the level, I was already after 20 holes, I made a lot of Ranger (I 10 lvl to play are boring) twink Hunter. The problem with me is the hunter, almost instantly is that you need to death boss. [OK IM, also, the lazy, but I failed, and a lot of questions, and do not use any Ala hit from monkeys is still in my horsepower is almost one-third of my anger overall cost after retrieving the direction, the situation is even worse (i) now, this talent, all the time.

Yeah, not much better...

Thats actually Funny but i dont think that my English is Unreadable.

E: Is there a Way to Reset your Skilltree ? Try´d every Tab at the Skilltrainer but nothing Happens.

TelleT
Jul 2, 2012, 07:22 AM
If you master to block you will have no problem as a Hunter, some enemies can be tricky to learn their attacks and time the block. But when you learn it, you will be invincible!

But I don't use block on shooting attacks all the time, I rather use dash in those situations. (If it's coming straight towards me)

Ranmaru
Jul 2, 2012, 07:24 AM
Basically Hunters have to be in the fray. They have to be up close and personal. So they have to run the risk of being hit alot more than rangers and forces. Why? Rangers, have guns so they'll be a bit more in the distance, and Forces can be too since spells aren't something requiring them to be up close. Like the other two said, you gotta know when to dodge and be on alert. And you will die at times, you just have to try NOT to die as much.

You do have to focus on your armor and defense too. Since you'll be in the fray, and have a higher change of getting hit, it would be good to get some defense to counter-balance being hit alot.

If you don't like all that, then Hunter isn't for you. (just playstyle wise)

Goat666
Jul 2, 2012, 07:24 AM
get step attack

NoiseHERO
Jul 2, 2012, 07:44 AM
Keep

pressing

the

attack

button

and

use

common

sense

movement

easiest class in the game wtf

Cyclon
Jul 2, 2012, 07:54 AM
get step attack
This man speaks the truth.

...wait, actually, not really, but you should get it anyway, it's awesome.

From what I gather, hunter is the most challenging class to play as of now. If it's too hard for you, just play something else. Ranger clearly isn't boring when using TPS mode and aiming for weak spots all the time.

All in all, it's really not that hard though, you just need to think and act fast, and always be on the move. You should try playing without auto-targeting if you don't already, too, because moving only according to a single ennemy is the very best way to get hit by others.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 2, 2012, 08:05 AM
at this point man if you really don't wanna get hit you should just get sonic arrow/speed rain asap

and just wait for your pp to go back up to 30 and keep using those same attacks from a distance.

sonic arrow if you just want more range.

Malevolent215
Jul 2, 2012, 08:33 AM
I am loving being a hunter, and I rarily have issues with too many hits. Just learn the class... I use Fury Stance so block isn't that useful too me, but Step and Jump are easily used to avoid. Yes, you can jump over attacks too.

Do I take more hits then most forces and rangers? Of course I do, but I have higher HP then them usually. Do I die easily? Hell no. Like people said, just learn to use step, block, and jump efficiently and you will be fine.

Small Tip: 2-3 quick Steps cover a gap distance faster then running, and learn to flank!

Zorafim
Jul 2, 2012, 12:50 PM
How are you getting hit by monkies?

There's not much help I can give besides, pay attention to enemy animations. Every enemy does something before they attack. It's not like PSU where they randomly launch at you giving you no time to react. You can dash out of every weapon animation, except with sword where you're forced to block. If you keep all your enemies in front of you, you should be able to see long in advance when to start dodging.

Ana-Chan
Jul 2, 2012, 06:41 PM
Well, I'm in a similar situation currently, I have been playing a force (haven't gotten bored though), and decided to change classes for a bit of a change. Currently a level 8 hunter, and I have had some problems. My biggest one though was forgetting that hunters don't have mirage evade.
I've already taken down two rockbears, and that was fun because I had to re-learn everything, since how I was fighting it as a force just didn't apply anymore. But the thing that I am wondering is that an udan/za udan is taking off 1/3 of your hp? Even in the free field forest area 2, they aren't taking that much off of me, and I still haven't found any good physical defence units that I can equip. With what I have right now, my physical defence is 336.

Windadept
Jul 2, 2012, 07:50 PM
Stop using single target Wired Lance PAs when you're surrounded.

Cyclon
Jul 2, 2012, 07:54 PM
You can dash out of every weapon animation, except with sword where you're forced to block.

There are exceptions, but this includes the sword as well. PAs that grab the ennemy can't be cancelled, though, which hinders the wired lance quite a lot.
Basically, you can cancel almost any PA with a dash after the first hit. If there's only one hit, you can still cancel the recovery frames.

Adramalech
Jul 2, 2012, 08:10 PM
I play as hunter and i've mastered the step skills on the skill tree. I can dodge almost 90% of everything, great for soloing bosses.

You're doing something wrong there, try upgrading your step skills, they cost like 1SP each.

Of course, playing with a PS3/XBOX controller helps a lot, dunno if you play with mouse+keybord and i've never played like this but can't imagine myself doing something in the keybord.

Halcyote
Jul 2, 2012, 08:35 PM
and i thought i sucked at playing hunter.

zOObie1
Jul 2, 2012, 09:10 PM
Sounds like you suck at the game

Phantasma
Jul 2, 2012, 09:22 PM
Hunter is so easy, fun, action-packed, and requires moderate reflexes...so being lazy is really not an option. Stay out of the kitchen if you can't handle the heat. Don't use fury stance if you can't block/dodge as it skull-rapes your defense to hell. Get the defense raising, attack lowering buff instead.

PSO Addict
Jul 2, 2012, 09:28 PM
This thread was a good laugh. When I play, I feel like my role is to follow hunters around with Resta and watch them one shot everything with their photon arts while I leech experience.

Vylera
Jul 2, 2012, 09:32 PM
Use partisans until you learn how to time your own attacks and read enemy attack animations.

Upgrade to swords when you can, and abuse the HELL out of sword gear + rising edge.

Almost 1k damage with a crappy 220 atk sword and a RANGER mag at level 20 with rising edge full charge.

Too good.

gigawuts
Jul 2, 2012, 09:44 PM
Go play Dark Souls.

No, really. Go play it. It'll make hunter so, so, so much easier and so, so, so much fun.

Dodge tanking is so much fun.