PDA

View Full Version : Hey, wait a minute. NA... 4th of July.. Well..

CultOfPersonality
Jul 2, 2012, 02:30 PM
Well...

It's ironic to me, there was a 1/365 chance they released PSO 2 on Americas birthday. The 4th of July..

What a way to top it all off...

buri-chan
Jul 2, 2012, 02:31 PM
It's not ironic, just coincidental.

彩音~
Jul 2, 2012, 02:31 PM
Prime example of ethnocentricity here folks

Peejay
Jul 2, 2012, 02:32 PM
Don't be getting a big head, sniffing the simultaneous fumes of your burning flag and burning monitor.

It is the same time just barely, and for all we know, last-minute developments can happen which will waylay the entire process of release.

CultOfPersonality
Jul 2, 2012, 02:35 PM
Nope, I'm sticking with my topic title.

I've got all my eggs in a basket, and not out in the middle of the road where they would fry and make omelettes.

UnLucky
Jul 2, 2012, 02:36 PM
Or they just wanted a Summer release?

CultOfPersonality
Jul 2, 2012, 02:36 PM
Don't be getting a big head, sniffing the simultaneous fumes of your burning flag and burning monitor.

It is the same time just barely, and for all we know, last-minute developments can happen which will waylay the entire process of release.

And yes! Developments could happen! Which is why nothing has been said until it happens. Makes perfect sense. It's comin. It's comin. OH yeah, it's comin.

And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know it's free. And I won't forget Sega, that great company. That brought us Phantasy, and Stars, and put it all online. There ain't no doubt I love this game, God bless the USAAAA.

DreXxiN
Jul 2, 2012, 02:48 PM
This isn't about doubting the release in the NA so much as it is you not using "ironic" correctly if I had to guess. :P

CultOfPersonality
Jul 2, 2012, 02:54 PM
Hmm.. I'd say you're pretty solid at guessing. :D

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 2, 2012, 02:57 PM
Well, while my family will be stuffing their faces with the Fourth of July barbecue and all that jazz, I'll be happily checking out the new stuff in PSO2, lol.

Kimil Adrayne
Jul 2, 2012, 02:58 PM
I don't see how this matters.

buri-chan
Jul 2, 2012, 03:02 PM
Now, y'see, what is ironic is that despite that Sega isn't giving us NA options for payment, they still accept American Express.

Peejay
Jul 2, 2012, 03:02 PM
Well, I dislike the topic anyways since, y'know, not all of us are made of Grade A beef and Oil siphoned from my country anyways.

Maybe if it was the first, I could go YEAH MY COUNTRY IS THE BEST IT WAS RELEASED ON CANADA DAY SUCKS TO BE YOU.

Then I could be hated for gloating, too.

Now, y'see, what is ironic is that despite that Sega isn't giving us NA options for payment, they still accept American Express.

But that isn't really just the states, now.

Kimil Adrayne
Jul 2, 2012, 03:06 PM
Well, I dislike the topic anyways since, y'know, not all of us are made of Grade A beef and Oil siphoned from my country anyways.

Maybe if it was the first, I could go YEAH MY COUNTRY IS THE BEST IT WAS RELEASED ON CANADA DAY SUCKS TO BE YOU.

Then I could be hated for gloating, too.

But that isn't really just the states, now.
Guessing you're from Alberta eh?

Crysteon
Jul 2, 2012, 03:07 PM
Now, y'see, what is ironic is that despite that Sega isn't giving us NA options for payment, they still accept Baka Gaijin Express.

Fixed ;<

Back on topic: Anyway, I guess this is just coincidential because the open beta was up since a week and a half ago. Did you really expect an OB to last for more than 2 weeks? :x

Archeal
Jul 2, 2012, 03:11 PM
Fixed ;<

Back on topic: Anyway, I guess this is just coincidential because the open beta was up since a week and a half ago. Did you really expect an OB to last for more than 2 weeks? :x

To be fair, some open betas last much longer. This is probably the shortest open beta I've ever seen.

TheBlackMage
Jul 2, 2012, 03:14 PM
To be fair, some open betas last much longer. This is probably the shortest open beta I've ever seen.

This.

The last OB I played lasted about 2 months.

UnLucky
Jul 2, 2012, 03:17 PM
The last open beta I played lasted 2 days

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 2, 2012, 03:20 PM
The last open beta I played lasted 2 days

What the hell were you testing? A new Facebook game or something? Lol.

I figured they would have started the full service at around mid to late July, personally. I don't know why they're waiting until September to release the boxed version if the full service is coming online soon. They should release it in August instead, but oh well.

UnLucky
Jul 2, 2012, 03:21 PM
What the hell were you testing? A new Facebook game or something? Lol.

Tera OB April 20-23

Archeal
Jul 2, 2012, 03:26 PM
Tera OB April 20-23
Well, see, that's more of an Open Beta Weekend, and not a full-fledged open beta. It was exactly the same time as Diablo 3's open beta weekend. Those were more like, 'PLEASE TEST OUR SERVERS SO WE KNOW IF WE'LL NEED TO DO SOMETHING BUT NOT DO ANYTHING.' (Diablo 3, anyone?)

futamieriko
Jul 2, 2012, 03:26 PM
It was more like a 1/15 chance seeing as release was slated for early summer and June has already passed.

kiwimisty7
Jul 2, 2012, 03:29 PM
:-DWhere does it say international release, so i can read it ....:-D

CultOfPersonality
Jul 2, 2012, 03:38 PM
:-DWhere does it say international release, so i can read it ....:-D

Nothing yet, I expect all of the news to start spamming the morning/afternoon of tomorrow and what not or more hints of the obvious from Edward again.

There will be many discussions and announcements coming so we shall see.

Halcyote
Jul 2, 2012, 03:52 PM
Prime example of ethnocentricity here folks

seriously.

Vintasticvin
Jul 2, 2012, 03:54 PM
Damn this is gunna be a helluva 4th for me, birthday AND PSO2 jeez laweez this is awesome news!

Kamen Rider Sting
Jul 2, 2012, 08:06 PM
It must feel pretty good for PSO2 NA to be released on July 4, but I think it may be JPN only. No news on a world release just yet, in AUS if we have to wait for our regional release to January 26 I would die!

mctastee
Jul 2, 2012, 08:14 PM
And yes! Developments could happen! Which is why nothing has been said until it happens. Makes perfect sense. It's comin. It's comin. OH yeah, it's comin.

And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know it's free. And I won't forget Sega, that great company. That brought us Phantasy, and Stars, and put it all online. There ain't no doubt I love this game, God bless the USAAAA.

Someone help me here because post makes no sense whatsoever.

Hayde
Jul 2, 2012, 08:21 PM
It must feel pretty good for PSO2 NA to be released on July 4, but I think it may be JPN only. No news on a world release just yet, in AUS if we have to wait for our regional release to January 26 I would die!

Well, there's no confirmation that an American version (or English) is released on the fourth. With the delay of an English patch coming out from 'hackers' (using this term liberally, don't get upset) I think people who absolutely cannot play this game in Japanese are simply getting delusional. Remember when we had that 2-day maintenance last week and everyone thought Sega was secretly implementing an English option?

Yeah, it's the same thing here--conspiracy and all that. People are more or less grasping at straws now. It would certainly be nice of Sega to surprise us on the fourth with an English option, but I'm not holding my breath.

ashley50
Jul 2, 2012, 08:35 PM

Where did you read/pick-up this info?

KanekoSaya
Jul 2, 2012, 09:09 PM
I'm just mad because I have tomorrow off and there's no PSO. T_T I'm not even doing anything for 4th of July I don't think besides working. And that date doesn't mean anything to the Japanese just like some of their holidays mean nothing to us, so doesn't bother me.

Dabian
Jul 2, 2012, 09:17 PM
And let the speculation of a stateside release commence, further "evidenced" by a 4th July official launch in Japan.

Fox2Tails
Jul 3, 2012, 01:23 AM
I read through this topic and I think I'm going to be sick lol

Zaix
Jul 3, 2012, 01:33 AM
The Open Beta started on Sonic's birthday... The Full game starts on July 4th...

Both of these are lobby decorations (holidays if you will) referenced in PSO2's data. I sense more than coincidence here. Does it mean anything? Not at all.

Kamen Rider Sting
Jul 3, 2012, 01:43 AM
In regards to one of my earlier posts, I think I made a typo. I tend to do that sometimes, still english option should be avalible.

Peejay
Jul 3, 2012, 07:49 AM
Guessing you're from Alberta eh?

Part of it comes from Saskatchewan, too. :|

CultOfPersonality
Jul 3, 2012, 07:52 AM
The Open Beta started on Sonic's birthday... The Full game starts on July 4th...

Both of these are lobby decorations (holidays if you will) referenced in PSO2's data. I sense more than coincidence here. Does it mean anything? Not at all.

Indiana represent. Nothing else to do in this state but think of conspiracy theories on PSO2 data.