PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 So, what address are you putting in your account for buying AC?

Darki
Jul 2, 2012, 03:27 PM
I'm just curious about this because I have no idea what to do myself. I was thinking about looking in Google Maps some random japanese address lost in the country, put a common name like Takeshi Tanaka and get over with it, but not really sure if that's a good idea, lol.

I've seen people thinking about using SoJ address for it, which I find funny, but I don't know if they'll fall for that.

recursive
Jul 2, 2012, 03:31 PM
That might be a better idea then using SoJ's address, but I'm not too paranoid about which address to use. I'll probably end up doing what you're doing - you shouldn't need a japanese sounding name, just go to google translate, type in your name and use the kana it gives you. It's not like its against their ToS if you aren't actually Japanese, I know plenty of non-Japanese people living in Japan.

Some other address ideas? How about Nintendo/Sony HQ? That would also be funny :]

Gardios
Jul 2, 2012, 03:33 PM
Wouldn't it be possible to ask support about that? I'd do so myself, but I'm afraid my Japanese sucks and I want to spare them from reading some machine translation.

eharima
Jul 2, 2012, 03:35 PM
sega of japan HQ.

even in PSU I think alot of people just used the example name and address and phone number

MissMalice
Jul 2, 2012, 03:37 PM
I used the address of a random KFC in Tokyo.

Crevox
Jul 2, 2012, 03:38 PM
I am curious about this as well, because the possibility of buying cash exists for me. I just want a skill reset (or expansion), though.

Darki
Jul 2, 2012, 03:42 PM
I used the address of a random KFC in Tokyo.

Actually that's a good one. Might look for a McDonald's or something too. xD

The problem is that I'm not too sure of how to write the address in the page...

RocSage
Jul 2, 2012, 03:49 PM
#1. Asking support, even if they understand you, will tell not to use a fake address as that is what they are obligated to do.

#2. I think using SEGA HQ is good simply for the fact that if there is some sort of prize thing they do they'll be able to see that it is most likely a foreigner and select someone else, instead of wasting everyones' time sending the thing out and also ensures someone who cares about the product will get the prize rather than it ending up as a mascot at a local fast food place ^.^ Kentucky Fried Rappy!

Darki
Jul 2, 2012, 03:55 PM
Well, I actually ended using SoJ address. So what else now? I suppose the part where we put the billing information is not up yet?

buri-chan
Jul 2, 2012, 03:56 PM
If I could figure out the formatting, I'd go Blues Brothers and give them the address for Tokyo Stadium.

eharima
Jul 2, 2012, 03:57 PM
Kentucky Fried Rappy!

fckn lold

UnLucky
Jul 2, 2012, 04:00 PM
http://i.imgur.com/v3bKy.jpg

MissMalice
Jul 2, 2012, 04:01 PM
Kentucky Fried Rappy!

http://phantasystarlegacy.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/kfcpsp2i.jpg?w=632

Darki
Jul 2, 2012, 04:05 PM
Another thing that I noticed is... Where do I actually put my gender there? I don't find that part. <_<

ZeroRageX
Jul 2, 2012, 04:19 PM
Do you HAVE to have a Japanese address to purchase AC? I heard through random ramblings that they removed the 'must be in Japan' clause from the ToS, but would it still remain for AC points?

Somnia
Jul 2, 2012, 04:38 PM
A Japanese player I met day one in game let me use his address. I do runs with him and his friends everyday, so I think I got lucky there. Great guy to let a stranger you've barely known for a week use your address.

I really don't think using SOJ's address will lead you to an account ban though if you have to use that.

RSmiroldo
Jul 2, 2012, 04:50 PM
Since it's the official release why do you have to use a Japanese address?

Somnia
Jul 2, 2012, 04:53 PM
Only to buy AC.

Ranmaru
Jul 2, 2012, 05:06 PM
I'm not doing it. Someone brought up a good point, why use your bank account info to sign up for something that you may not understand? I just fear their can be big repercussions for that. I don't want my bank stuff getting into a messy spot.

So I'm hesitating. ;-;

LK1721
Jul 2, 2012, 05:11 PM
I am not 100% sure I want to put my bank information into something I can't completely understand (though I probably will anyway at some point). Either way, I'm putting a Starbucks as my address when the time comes. XD

Nu Lo Yin
Jul 2, 2012, 05:25 PM
My brother lives in Japan. I will be using his if I buy anything. And he translates everything for me... So I am covered with Japanese stuff

RemChu
Jul 2, 2012, 05:48 PM
Please hook us up with your bro's address? ;)

kantaris
Jul 2, 2012, 06:09 PM
Sega of Japan.

Postal code
144-8531

Address
1-2-12 Haneda, Ota-ku, Tokyo region

aduran
Jul 2, 2012, 06:24 PM
for psu i used my address and real name with no problems, dont think this will be different
besides the info should match the cc records or might get denied

Darki
Jul 2, 2012, 06:48 PM
for psu i used my address and real name with no problems, dont think this will be different
besides the info should match the cc records or might get denied

If that actually worked I have a few questions.

First, how did you put your "hiragana" name then? I can write my real name in katakana easily but I suppose that one must be filled too. Or not?

Next, how did you add the zip code and the phone number? I suppose the zip code is a standard number, but at least here in Spain the telephone number is completely different.

And finally, did you just write your foreign address in english or did you "translate" it, using kanjis and stuff for words like "street", "avenue", etc?

I don't like giving fake data either, but in PSU I used the "example" name and address for like two or three years and never got a single problem, even having a different credit card records. I don't think that should even matter. What if you're an underaged player and you use your parents credit card with their permission? I don't think they'd require you to write down their information as players when it's you who plays.

KanekoSaya
Jul 2, 2012, 09:24 PM
Why can't you use your real address...I mean they know Americans and other people are playing

Alenoir
Jul 2, 2012, 09:51 PM
Why can't you use your real address...I mean they know Americans and other people are playing

The only address format they officially supports right now is Japan.

I...can use a Japanese address for mine that would have things sent to me, but that address doesn't match my card's.

aduran
Jul 2, 2012, 10:56 PM
Im from costa rica for zip code i always use 00000; we don't have zip codes and select my country. For the credit card for psu I never had to put my name in their alphabet. For psu, i used everything in the western alphabet. I dunno if they changed but it was a few years ago since I used it for PSU.

We'll see tomorrow the submit form hopefully they don't require JP only addresses on the CC info.

Vylera
Jul 2, 2012, 10:57 PM
Is it even possible to set this information up yet?

I'm waiting for the official guide to come out.

BogusKun
Jul 2, 2012, 11:11 PM
I'm just curious about this because I have no idea what to do myself. I was thinking about looking in Google Maps some random japanese address lost in the country, put a common name like Takeshi Tanaka and get over with it, but not really sure if that's a good idea, lol.

I've seen people thinking about using SoJ address for it, which I find funny, but I don't know if they'll fall for that.

Wow you... I used to do stuff like that back in the H.L. era of PSO. (^_^)

P.S.... have some friends and closer ones who can help me do it easy

Garnet_Moon
Jul 2, 2012, 11:15 PM
I will use Sakais. Watch his address be an auto ban...

dcrvx2k
Jul 3, 2012, 01:01 AM
I just use my exgf address. She emails me when stuff shows up to my attention. lol

Cypher_9
Jul 3, 2012, 01:39 AM
I will use Sakais. Watch his address be an auto ban...

LOL

omg... this is pretty funny, to think Sakai would get something in the mail...

Sakai: *looks at his mail* Nani?!

mousel
Jul 3, 2012, 02:17 AM
I just used the example information given. The hardest part was trying to figure out my name in Hiragana, but I ended up just putting something random in.

Sirius-91
Jul 3, 2012, 03:22 AM
I'm using the Hard Rock Cafe in Fukuoka, name part was easy, had to use my grandmother's family name (she's japanese) and my Middle name.

I hope my family don't visit the hard rock cafe x.x

Quatre52
Jul 3, 2012, 03:45 AM
Why is it asking you for an address? I just bought AC, didnt need an address. Was really easy actually.

glopo
Jul 3, 2012, 06:17 AM
Using SoJ address. The address can be easily changed so i dont think there's a need to put so much thought into it.

Priest
Jul 3, 2012, 06:58 AM
Why is it asking you for an address? I just bought AC, didnt need an address. Was really easy actually.

Can you explain more? Did you use a Visa credit card? I might consider buying if I don't need an address..

Chives
Jul 3, 2012, 07:15 AM
I'm not doing it. Someone brought up a good point, why use your bank account info to sign up for something that you may not understand? I just fear their can be big repercussions for that. I don't want my bank stuff getting into a messy spot.

So I'm hesitating. ;-;

Well if you check your bank account regularly it should be fine. And if you start getting charged for stuff you didn't intend to pay for you can call the bank and have them block SEGA from withdrawing any more money from your account.

MrShoestore
Jul 3, 2012, 07:41 AM
If I could figure out the formatting, I'd go Blues Brothers and give them the address for Tokyo Stadium.

I enjoyed this, very much so.

UnLucky
Jul 3, 2012, 07:59 AM
If I were to buy AC I'd use some school's address

Maybe they'll get a class Rappy and take turns caring for it

Adept
Jul 3, 2012, 12:32 PM
I have a registered account on Tenso (forwarding stuff from japan to the world) so I think I'll just use that. It gives all the needed things likes a phone number also.

Quatre52
Jul 3, 2012, 12:41 PM
Can you explain more? Did you use a Visa credit card? I might consider buying if I don't need an address..

Visa Debit card, worked perfect, didnt ask for an address or phone number, and took all of 5 minutes to do.

I'm seriously confused at what every ones going crazy about.

RavenLeader
Jul 3, 2012, 01:30 PM
Visa Debit card, worked perfect, didnt ask for an address or phone number, and took all of 5 minutes to do.

Mind stepping us through the steps you took?

Peejay
Jul 3, 2012, 01:31 PM
I still can't fill out my location info at all. It's just blank for some reason. No entry spots at all.

Rhedrimond
Jul 3, 2012, 02:12 PM
I have a registered account on Tenso (forwarding stuff from japan to the world) so I think I'll just use that. It gives all the needed things likes a phone number also.

Thank you for mentioning this. Since it's a real mailing address you can actually use, it should work for those worrying about being legit!

Peejay
Jul 3, 2012, 02:14 PM

I'm looking at the site now, and I see a bunch of stuff about costs and shipping and the like. This worries me.

Vylera
Jul 3, 2012, 02:18 PM

They're going crazy about the fact that you have to go through this page, first:

http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/qq223/adamandada/PSOinfo.png

First one - Needs to be Hiragana
Last Name - Name
みやもと ------- むさし

Name - Needs to be in Katakana
Last Name - Name
セガ ---------- セガ

Postal Number
〒140-8583 

Address - Needs to be an Address in Japan, this is Sega's office
東京都品川区東品川1丁目39番9号 カナルサイドビル

Phone number
3-5736-7111

Ryoten
Jul 3, 2012, 02:19 PM
I easily registered my Visa credit card with no probs. Didn't have to find a Japanese KFC or strip joint address to use. Just card info & name.

Vylera
Jul 3, 2012, 02:24 PM
Found it. Registering credit card without needing an address.

Making a screenshot-by-screenshot guide after I make sure it works.

Adept
Jul 3, 2012, 02:24 PM
I'm looking at the site now, and I see a bunch of stuff about costs and shipping and the like. This worries me.

You don't need to pay anything. Just register for Tenso, and they give you a unique mailing address you can use for pso2.

This service is usually used to ship stuff from japan to anywhere else by buying stuff with the unique mailing address. Tenso then gets the package, and ships it to you. It's basically a middleman service.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 3, 2012, 02:25 PM
if i use an address, it'll be the same as the address on my Bank statement and card account+^_^+

<------- this one+^_^+

Shirai
Jul 3, 2012, 02:43 PM
The address I used was either a restaurants address or someones address.

They'll never know.

Peejay
Jul 3, 2012, 02:55 PM
Okay, now I got it working through IE.

What do I do for the first namespace?

Oh, scratch that. Got to the Visa screen just to get kicked off. It won't let me do this.

For the love of crap, SOMEONE HELP ME HERE. I am really beginning to hate you all because I can get stumped and you all hand me the instructions that are just too vague for me but worked for you. Why can't I use it? BECAUSE IT'S TOO VAGUE.

Vylera
Jul 3, 2012, 03:46 PM
Apparently registering your credit card is just a time-saver option.

Ended up following Adept's route - hooked myself up with a Tenso address. Totally legitimate. They won't charge you unless you actually ship something.

http://www.tenso.com/en/faq/detail_040.html

http://www.tenso.com/en/guide/fee/index.html

Thrane
Jul 3, 2012, 04:05 PM
So yeah I just put my credit card info in on Tenso and i get a call 2 minutes later from American Express telling me my account was charged $37 twice, but the it failed to go through. Someone tell me why that happened and im still registering my account.

Thrane
Jul 3, 2012, 04:22 PM
Never mind. Used my Visa and had no issues. :D

Priest
Jul 3, 2012, 07:09 PM
Never mind. Used my Visa and had no issues. :D

You actually bought AC with your Visa? Did you bother with the address thing?

IHeartRice
Jul 3, 2012, 07:12 PM
I used my Mastercard to buy some AC and it never asked for an address.

Cyrusnagisa
Jul 3, 2012, 07:15 PM
This would be one reason I would think some Japanese don't like us in their game..... using someone's address even a business without permission is really rude......

I am still holding out a little for an English release, if not though I will try and use my own address if they kick me out, oh well, if I can not use my address, I will deal with it then, ask someone I might know, or the like.

Priest
Jul 3, 2012, 07:16 PM
I used my Mastercard to buy some AC and it never asked for an address.

I wish there was a guide for this.

Darki
Jul 3, 2012, 07:22 PM
This would be one reason I would think some Japanese don't like us in their game..... using someone's address even a business without permission is really rude......

I am still holding out a little for an English release, if not though I will try and use my own address if they kick me out, oh well, if I can not use my address, I will deal with it then, ask someone I might know, or the like.

Most of the people here that are "faking" the address are not trying to be rude, but just to give SEGA the money they want so they continue developing a great game. And most of us are not even trying to fake the address, unless you believe that they're going to be fooled even for a second when they see that most of us are using SoJ address itself.

I'm not even entirely faking my "japanese" name, because the one I used is just the direct sylabic transliteration of my internet "serious" nickname, that actually sounds pretty japanese, "Josemaru". But hey, if they wanna consider rude that we want so badly to throw money at them that we even resort to these methods, y'know, they could just allow foreign address and let us do what we're going to do anyways, but in a more legitimate way.

Emery25
Jul 3, 2012, 07:52 PM
I just searched on google maps for a japanese game shop and used their address.

IHeartRice
Jul 3, 2012, 07:58 PM
I wish there was a guide for this.

http://bumped.org/psublog/purchasing-arks-cash-in-phantasy-star-online-2-japan/

Vylera
Jul 3, 2012, 08:03 PM
http://bumped.org/psublog/purchasing-arks-cash-in-phantasy-star-online-2-japan/

This guide still requires you to provide an address.

It just provides one bull shit of an address.

D-Inferno
Jul 3, 2012, 08:08 PM
Nice, but it still seems like you have to fill in an address. Can one make a guide with a version that -doesn't- require an address (unless by "not needing an address" they mean not being asked for one save for the SEGA page).

IHeartRice
Jul 3, 2012, 08:10 PM
This guide still requires you to provide an address.

It just provides one bull shit of an address.

I used the the guide and skipped that part because it never asked me for an address.

Peejay
Jul 3, 2012, 08:10 PM
What's confusing about this is the name. Is someone able to help me understand that further? Do both of them have to be Jappo? I mean, I can probably BS my name pretty easily.

Priest
Jul 3, 2012, 08:12 PM
Nice, but it still seems like you have to fill in an address. Can one make a guide with a version that -doesn't- require an address (unless by "not needing an address" they mean not being asked for one save for the SEGA page).
THIS. I've already seen people say they BOUGHT AC with Credit Card with no address. I added a credit card with the 3rd option, but it still asks for an address when you actually go to buy the AC.

And yes PJ, they both have to be in japanese

BIG OLAF
Jul 3, 2012, 08:13 PM
The first two lines have to be in Hiragana. The second two lines have to be in Katakana. I was able to figure out my first and last names very easily and insert them in.

Vylera
Jul 3, 2012, 08:14 PM

I think we need to take a poll as to what conditions people are under.

I needed to provide an address and I am the following:

1. Live in the States
2. Did not provide address, name, or phone number upon registration
3. Am over 21
4. Did not make any attempts to hide that I am not Japanese

Priest
Jul 3, 2012, 08:16 PM
I am exactly the same as above.

Vylera
Jul 3, 2012, 08:22 PM
I am exactly the same as above.

Did you try using Tenso as an option?

http://www.tenso.com/en/

It provides all the information you need for address and phone number, and it's all legitimate.

I registered to them under a debit card that holds barely any money on it, just in case. But they aren't supposed to charge you unless you ship a physical package.

I can easily turn your real name into hiragana & katakana if you don't know how.

Priest
Jul 3, 2012, 08:26 PM
I have thought about Tenso, yes, But was worried that I might start to get junk mail through them from sega affiliates and charge me up the wazoo with each shipping or something. I guess I'm just paranoid about trusting middlemen haha. I will do that if there is no other alternative I guess..

sugarFO
Jul 3, 2012, 08:33 PM
Did you try using Tenso as an option?

http://www.tenso.com/en/

It provides all the information you need for address and phone number, and it's all legitimate.

I registered to them under a debit card that holds barely any money on it, just in case. But they aren't supposed to charge you unless you ship a physical package.

I can easily turn your real name into hiragana & katakana if you don't know how.

There's not an option to use Tenso as a payment method. Do you mean registering your card onto your sega account, then just using the Tenso address? Because then I'm not sure how they are being a middleman. o.o

Vylera
Jul 3, 2012, 08:44 PM
There's not an option to use Tenso as a payment method. Do you mean registering your card onto your sega account, then just using the Tenso address? Because then I'm not sure how they are being a middleman. o.o

Yeah, you use the address that Tenso e-mails to you after you finish registering when paying for AC. The purpose of Tenso (for us) is to obtain a REAL Japanese address that SEGA can't call BS on.

I'm also confused about the whole middleman thing. I assume it's a service that was created for certain Japanese website purchases that don't ship outside of Japan (kind of like how Amazon.com doesn't ship to certain places.) In which case, the package ships to Tenso, and then they provide the out-of-country shipping for an extra fee.

If it makes anyone feel better, I purchased AC using my Tenso address roughly 4 hours ago and have yet to receive any spam mail. I did have to call my bank to verify the purchase, but besides that it seems to not have any hidden costs.

Rhedrimond
Jul 3, 2012, 09:01 PM
To clarify some of the confusion, the reason some people do not have to input an address is (from what I recall), the alphas and possibly the CBT had you register with a Japanese address in the first place. This had stopped some people from being asked for an address-- they already had a fake one in there.

Also, writing your name is hiragana is easy-- you just switch over to Japanese input, switch to Hiragana, and type out your name syllable-by-syllable. There are also a lot of Kanji translators out there for first names if you want to go that route, though the meanings can come out funky.

Peejay
Jul 3, 2012, 09:07 PM
Maybe someone can help me with transcribing my name. I can do it but... no confidence.

ibaraki_ben
Jul 3, 2012, 09:12 PM
What address? My home address, I live in Japan.

Vylera
Jul 3, 2012, 09:12 PM
Maybe someone can help me with transcribing my name. I can do it but... no confidence.

I'll do it for you. PM me?

What address? My home address, I live in Japan.

Can I move in with you for like..a week?

Chik'Tikka
Jul 3, 2012, 09:24 PM
To clarify some of the confusion, the reason some people do not have to input an address is (from what I recall), the alphas and possibly the CBT had you register with a Japanese address in the first place. This had stopped some people from being asked for an address-- they already had a fake one in there.

Also, writing your name is hiragana is easy-- you just switch over to Japanese input, switch to Hiragana, and type out your name syllable-by-syllable. There are also a lot of Kanji translators out there for first names if you want to go that route, though the meanings can come out funky.

this ^ sound out your name as best you can with this http://www.lexilogos.com/keyboard/katakana.htm +^_^+ back in CBT, i used http://japanesetranslator.co.uk/dictionaries/your-name-in-japanese/ to figure out that Mary in kana = メアリー, although i learned later that there are a couple other ways to write it in kana; メィリ, マリ, and a couple others+^_^+
i've learned quite a bit since i learned that katakanji doesn't exist a month ago+^_^+ my name in kana, as best i can sound it out, is シェイ ゼルマー +^_^+ oh, and this site tells what the dash thing is for+^_^+ http://japanese.about.com/blqow31.htm

ibaraki_ben
Jul 3, 2012, 09:42 PM
Can I move in with you for like..a week?

Why would you want to move in with me? My accommodation isn't cheap.. lol

Ranmo
Jul 3, 2012, 09:46 PM
Does tenso require credit card information to simply acquire an address?

Peejay
Jul 3, 2012, 09:51 PM
※登録された情報が虚偽の個人情報であった場合、SEGA ID登録を停止させていただく場合もございますのでご注意ください。

This statement worries me a little.

I ignored that, and Am at the checkout. What do I need to know specifically? Any vague answers...

Okay, at this point, I'm ready to stab someone.
HA HA I CAN DO IT HA HA, everyone gloats, I'm still getting screwed over by the Cardholder name because I don't know if I can BS it or not. Pretty sure I can't. And if I put in my normal one, PLEASE RECHECK YOUR ROMAN NSFdsffdsf

Jesus.

Vylera
Jul 3, 2012, 09:58 PM
Why would you want to move in with me? My accommodation isn't cheap.. lol

I WANT BE IN JAPAN!

-tears-

Yes. That's why I used a debit card that doesn't go over 200 bucks at any given moment.

Rhedrimond
Jul 3, 2012, 09:58 PM

If you choose Paypal, they don't ask for anything.

And yeah, it seems some people don't ever have to put in an address, even those who weren't in the earlier tests. Strange!

Sizustar
Jul 3, 2012, 10:12 PM
If you choose Paypal, they don't ask for anything.

And yeah, it seems some people don't ever have to put in an address, even those who weren't in the earlier tests. Strange!

If you just want to play the game, you don't need ot put in that information.
If you wish to purchase AC, the information is required, unless put in previously for other Sega game, thus it is in your SegaID already, no exception.

ibaraki_ben
Jul 3, 2012, 10:48 PM
I WANT BE IN JAPAN!

I wouldn't say no...

Ranmo
Jul 3, 2012, 10:50 PM
I wouldn't say no...

Adopt me.

Peejay
Jul 3, 2012, 10:56 PM
Ah, screw it. If I wanted to do this, I'll just pay someone over paypal to fetch me Webmoney codes from their local convenience store or something. My card failed instantly, so it's a bust.

Kraiseson
Jul 3, 2012, 11:02 PM
can someone paste an address? lol i cant find one ..

is it supposed to be in Katakana?

Help pls. just post it..

You'd think that with all these posts someone woulda posted something we can copy lmao

heylookapanda
Jul 7, 2012, 08:16 PM
I tried to input my Tenso address and I used hiragana for the first 2 boxes and katakana for the second two. Had a friend actually translate my name for me and she speaks/writes Japanese and Chinese. Did everything correct as I was directed (and even tried to change it up incase I made a mistake) But this is the error I got every time:

http://i.imgur.com/Vbb9e.png

I looked up the Characters and got this:
住所に郡道府県が入カされていません ----translates to----
County prefectures has not been over to enter the address

What am I doing wrong?

shimaaji
Jul 7, 2012, 11:49 PM
I looked up the Characters and got this:
住所に郡道府県が入カされていません ----translates to----
County prefectures has not been over to enter the address

What am I doing wrong?

It actually says that you did not enter a prefecture for your address. They seem to expect you to select in which prefecture of Japan you live.

Mostly it is a drop down menu when it comes to registrations on the web. Though I doubt it, you could check whether there is an option called "海外", meaning "abroad".

Otherwise try 東京都 (Tokyo) ... maybe.