PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Force Affixes for a gunslash?

Darki
Jul 2, 2012, 07:19 PM
So, I've been toying with the affixes, and after happily adding Ragne Soul to my two tech weapons I decided to try to upgrade my gunslash too, since I like whacking stuff sometimes to break the monotony, but I've come up with a dilemma.

I use a newman Force, so my melee power is not too shiny. I also have the unique abbility to use the gunslash while casting techs and effectively do some "warteching" around, which I love doing. I've noticed that my tech damage obviously falls pretty low from using a ragne'd +10 rod to the gunslash, to the point of almost getting halved in some techs like Grants and Gigrants.

The question is, what would it be the best thing to do? Should I maximize the weapon damage, adding melee attributes like Power or Vol Soul, or should I go for the "hybrid" way, adding tech enhancing affixes like Ragne Soul or Technic? Would it be too difficult to get something like, Power, Technic and Abbility to go on a middle term? What do you think?

Rob2003ert
Jul 2, 2012, 07:46 PM
One of the rare Gunslashes actually has a small amount of tech damage on it (50 base I think? So 87 if you were to +10 it). Could invest in that and maybe some Tech affixes to get at least a marginal boost in damage. Or you could consider investing in a status effect affix like Poison (only really effective on Caterdran currently as far as bosses go though).

Darki
Jul 3, 2012, 03:44 AM
Which gunslash is that? I currently use the small blue rare one, and the only affix it has (it came with it) is Burn I. I don't really like investing slots on SEs being a force as I can burn, freeze , confuse and shock easily, and I guess new elements will bring the rest of the SEs, so I'd prefer just to go for stat modificators.

Dinosaur
Jul 3, 2012, 04:06 AM
One of the rare Gunslashes actually has a small amount of tech damage on it (50 base I think? So 87 if you were to +10 it). Could invest in that and maybe some Tech affixes to get at least a marginal boost in damage. Or you could consider investing in a status effect affix like Poison (only really effective on Caterdran currently as far as bosses go though).

I'll have to agree with this. Poison 3 makes any weapon a terror. Something crazy like T-atk III + Ragne soul isn't going to do your gunslash any better when you're probably better off putting those abilities in a real force weapon. However if you are intent on having stat boost for weapon abilities, go for ability / rappy soul.

Rob2003ert
Jul 3, 2012, 04:12 AM
Which gunslash is that? I currently use the small blue rare one, and the only affix it has (it came with it) is Burn I. I don't really like investing slots on SEs being a force as I can burn, freeze , confuse and shock easily, and I guess new elements will bring the rest of the SEs, so I'd prefer just to go for stat modificators.

http://i.imgur.com/JiF7Y.png レイデュプル
Might be the one you're already using, lol. It's the only Gunslash I've seen that adds Tech, it also requires Tech Attack to equip rather than Ability, Strike or Ranged Attack.

Darki
Jul 3, 2012, 05:10 AM
Well, wouldn't I be lucky, I actually decided to use that one because it matches the color of my outfit. xD

Hum, I might consider the poison SE then, I suppose one advantage of it over techs in order to cause SEs is that the attack speed is much higher, specially some PAs. I was actually thinking about using Ability as it gives both technic and power, but so low... AO I'll try out Poison when the game goes up and see how is it.

EJ
Jul 3, 2012, 06:53 PM
I am doing the same things as you except using my fomar like I did in PSO. My setup is attack/defense mag , for the ability to equip higher weapons and armor; then using units and weapons for tech boost.

Not sure if that will work but we will see when the game is up and running.

Darki
Jul 3, 2012, 07:15 PM
I am doing the same things as you except using my fomar like I did in PSO. My setup is attack/defense mag , for the ability to equip higher weapons and armor; then using units and weapons for tech boost.

Not sure if that will work but we will see when the game is up and running.

Fortunately in this game you can swap affixes easily so you needn't to waste a weapon on that.

My problem is that I decided to make a melee mag because I can't stand that fish photon blast. I mean, who would seriously choose a salmon over a friggin' unicorn? I have it still at level 40 because I'm looking forward to the new mags and see how are the hybrid ones, but if they don't convince me I suppose I'll buy another mag and raise it full fish, and make the first one full melee.