PDA

View Full Version : Meseta

nightmesh
Jul 2, 2012, 07:23 PM
How do you feel about having to pick it up? Should they stick with tradition or move forward(auto pick up)?

I don't like having to pick it up since I'm not ocd and I haven't really played any other Phantasy star other then this so it struck me today that it's rather silly to have to pick up money in this day in age. Loot makes sense but in game money kinda doesn't.

They could make it accumulate and let you get it at the end of a mission or when you return to the drop ship as some kind of pay to fit into the story or something along those lines.

What's your opinion?

AlMcFly
Jul 2, 2012, 07:31 PM
Iono, I don't go out of my way if that is the only item to pick up. I get more meseta from selling other drops anyway.

Flevalt
Jul 2, 2012, 07:31 PM
I actually like that it drops. It just looks better to me.

If it'd autoloot, that'd be fine with me too.

pikachief
Jul 2, 2012, 07:32 PM
I really don't care. I don't think its an issue either way. Sure I guess it would be convenient, but the enemy is already right by me when I kill it, it doesn't take much effort to walk over it after its dead. Same with picking up items when enemies die.

Macman
Jul 2, 2012, 08:00 PM
I'm starting to not bother with lone Meseta drops unless it comes from boxes.

Anyone notice that boxes tend to scale up (I get 100-200 from a box in hard forest) but monster-dropped Meseta is still barely in the double-digits?

UnLucky
Jul 2, 2012, 08:06 PM
I always spam E when I kill/break something, which gets me into trouble whenever there's some context thing to look at and disrupt my camera/controls

mctastee
Jul 2, 2012, 08:10 PM
I really don't care. I don't think its an issue either way. Sure I guess it would be convenient, but the enemy is already right by me when I kill it, it doesn't take much effort to walk over it after its dead. Same with picking up items when enemies die.

QFT. Seriously, it's not even that big a deal.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 2, 2012, 08:27 PM
considering the obscene amounts of meseta that drop during massive 12man max lvl cross burst sessions, i'd thoroughly appreciate a meseta auto loot option. they should give players the option, at least.

KanekoSaya
Jul 2, 2012, 09:13 PM
You people are lazy lol

PSO Addict
Jul 2, 2012, 09:57 PM
I need to loot it. The only problem I have is when I have to back track and get behind the party. The problem is that if meseta would auto loot, I could not scream "WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE... GRAB THE MONEY!!!" You can't take that away from me.

gigawuts
Jul 2, 2012, 09:59 PM
I'd rather not wear on my hardware by pressing a key/button to pick up so much meseta, but I'm not really bothered.

~Inu~
Jul 2, 2012, 10:00 PM
You can hold E down.
You don't have to mash it.

gigawuts
Jul 2, 2012, 10:04 PM
Oh wow, I remember trying that and it not working. Maybe there's a setting I should change, or maybe a patch changed that.

Thanks, that should save my precious buttons some work.

Mike
Jul 2, 2012, 10:11 PM
I wouldn't mind meseta or quest items being automatically vaccumed up in to your inventory when you get close to them. That's something a few other games I know do and I think it works out alright.