PDA

View Full Version : So what are you all doing with you 27 extra hours of mandatory non-pso2 time?

The Walrus
Jul 2, 2012, 09:02 PM
Personally I'm gonna play Borderlands and watch Claymore.

How about y'all?

Also, ilyDonut

lopal
Jul 2, 2012, 09:03 PM
DANCING

Ranmaru
Jul 2, 2012, 09:03 PM
Post on PSO-w. Check up with my guild. Uh. Maybe... listen to youtube. Go to facebook. Etc etc.

KanekoSaya
Jul 2, 2012, 09:04 PM
It's down for 27 hours again!??!?! Aughhhhh

Emery25
Jul 2, 2012, 09:05 PM
I'm going to be lying in bed crying for those 27 hours.

Laelless
Jul 2, 2012, 09:05 PM
Find friends on PSOW who'll play with me. :]

Pantsu
Jul 2, 2012, 09:06 PM
Derp out

NeonaPulsar
Jul 2, 2012, 09:07 PM
I'm going to be lying in bed crying for those 27 hours.

Sounds about right. But I'll have a DS in hand playing pokemon or something like that.

BlazedWayz
Jul 2, 2012, 09:08 PM
Borderlands sounds fun but prolly go back to Diablo3

Zyrusticae
Jul 2, 2012, 09:08 PM
Dragon's Dogma.

Strange, I never had very high expectations for this game, yet it managed to steal my ENTIRE WEEKEND away even from PSO2.

That is ridiculous, man!

GreenArcher
Jul 2, 2012, 09:09 PM
Working and uhhh

getting a start on mah studying!

Laskiee
Live a real life..... actually I'll probably go to the lake.. or something haha

Firehouse1983
Go to work, tomorrow, and then come home and watch TV. I have off the 4th, so...yep, I know what I'm doing, lol.

Ryoten
Jul 2, 2012, 09:11 PM
Sonic the Hedgehog: Before the sequel. For a fan game, its pretty badass.

eclipsemod
Jul 2, 2012, 09:15 PM
I spent the last 3 days dancing on ship 2, block 20. Leading the pack and destroying ferria with my moves! (if you know who she is lol) Anyways, I didn't do much playing last weekend but I'll miss looking at my character dancing her ass off. Guess I'll go out and take a walk or something....

Deneva v2.0 FTW!

Vintasticvin
Jul 2, 2012, 09:18 PM
For the next 27 hours I will return to "waiting for the day I was waiting for" (See what I did there :P), finish my halo 3 and reach campaings (Then get y butt handed to me in match making), post on pso-w and keep all you members with withdrawls in line (HEY someone has to do it :( ), Normal internetting business, live life, and prepare for my birthday and pso2 launch day :D

SuperChoco
Jul 2, 2012, 09:18 PM
Work and Tf2 mainly. I'm glad I made it to Hard mode

Dxluv
Jul 2, 2012, 09:22 PM
I'm going to see Spider-Man at the midnight premiere, then head to morning classes. Then I will read Fredrick Douglass' autobiography and write a report on it. And then, and only then, will I enjoy my day off of school for 4th of July to play the game.

buri-chan
Jul 2, 2012, 09:23 PM
First, I'll sleep.
Then, I'll wake up.
Then, I'll probably miss the opening because I'll be at the cabin for the fourth.
Then I'll return and, uh, I dunno. Stay awake for three days.

Vylera
Jul 2, 2012, 09:23 PM
DFO revolution patch.

KanekoSaya
Jul 2, 2012, 09:27 PM
Dragon's Dogma.

Strange, I never had very high expectations for this game, yet it managed to steal my ENTIRE WEEKEND away even from PSO2.

That is ridiculous, man!

blasphemer

TecherRamen
Jul 2, 2012, 09:37 PM
Xenogearz on PSP.

Scarlet_Rain
Jul 2, 2012, 09:38 PM
Played Diablo 3 for five minutes. Bad Idea. So not fun.

Most likely finishing Stawberry Panic! and sleeping. Might rewatch some iM@S and 0048 episodes.

Kenny8615
Jul 2, 2012, 09:40 PM
im probably going to catch up on all the anime i missed while playing pso2

Quebe_Lae
Jul 2, 2012, 09:43 PM
Last maintenance I worked on this... I'll have to work in the morning, then I'll get back to drawing her staff in a little less half heartily and equipping her mag. Unfortunately, I gotta find a scanner or something so I can actually work on finishing it with color and whatnot....

Zeke154
Jul 2, 2012, 09:49 PM
Read manga, go to work, hang out with friends, play on xbox live and PS network

PSO Addict
Jul 2, 2012, 09:51 PM
Great artwork!

Vintasticvin
Jul 2, 2012, 10:04 PM
My goodness Lae thats beautiful!!! :O

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 2, 2012, 10:11 PM
make a nice fruit parfait for a nice person, using nata de coco

@lae nice contour dog. you should try to get a tablet/cintiq. layers make linework so much more crisp and wonderful. upload the finished work if you ever ink it with pen and erase the pencil, i bet it'd look much better.

i used to only use .3mm pencil and paper, and ink with a .3mm pen but now,

now i hardly touch paper at all. i got an old version of a cintiq for like 350 dollars on ebay and it works perfectly. it's calibration is pretty good i have no qualms with it. only minor problem is it's display isn't super good (it's not a problem with the product, but the design of the product. that's why new cintiqs are apparently so expensive, they have very crystal clear displays) but all i use it for is to draw directly on screen and take advantage of layers.

if i had layers in real life when drawing i'd probably just do that instead but layers only exist in software programs

Quebe_Lae
Jul 2, 2012, 10:40 PM
Addict, Vin: Thank You kindly!!! You don't wanna know how long that took. @_@ Stupid complicated impossible sic-fi outfits. SEGA hates cosplayers and fan artists.

deldelight: Alas, I have a Wacom... but no image editing programs for my Macbook Pro like photoshop yet.

I always prefer to do the linear with pencil first. I just feel I have a better overall understanding of the picture, and more control over the lines. Then I scan the pencil and digitally ink it. Sometimes I use vectors for a really clean and smooth look.

Layers... I usually end up with a bunch. One for each color really. Plus one additional for shading on every color. Plus background, line art, effects, ect. Sometimes my old PC laptop nearly pooped itself with the amount of layers I used.

Phantasma
Jul 2, 2012, 10:45 PM
I HAS BORDERLANDZ!!!! We should play together!
Other than that, I will be...updating PSO, posting on PSO-W, and watching a Super Street Fighter IV AE 2012 stream while practicing my combos with Akuma/Gouki.

BogusKun
Jul 2, 2012, 10:49 PM
I HAS BORDERLANDZ!!!! We should play together!
Other than that, I will be...updating PSO, posting on PSO-W, and watching a Super Street Fighter IV AE 2012 stream while practicing my combos with Akuma/Gouki.

If you have it for XBOX360 (SSF4) I will play with you ;)

Phantasma
Jul 2, 2012, 11:03 PM
If you have it for XBOX360 (SSF4) I will play with you ;)

PEE SEE...MASTUR GAEMING RAEC!8-)

If you have skullgirls, I can jack my friend's 360 and run some sets, but he sold his SF4 because he didn't like that chun-li has to hit the floor before her hozanshu hits opponents so he sold the game.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 2, 2012, 11:12 PM
Addict, Vin: Thank You kindly!!! You don't wanna know how long that took. @_@ Stupid complicated impossible sic-fi outfits. SEGA hates cosplayers and fan artists.

deldelight: Alas, I have a Wacom... but no image editing programs for my Macbook Pro like photoshop yet.

I always prefer to do the linear with pencil first. I just feel I have a better overall understanding of the picture, and more control over the lines. Then I scan the pencil and digitally ink it. Sometimes I use vectors for a really clean and smooth look.

Layers... I usually end up with a bunch. One for each color really. Plus one additional for shading on every color. Plus background, line art, effects, ect. Sometimes my old PC laptop nearly pooped itself with the amount of layers I used.

all you really need is sai imo. it's a great program and it's smoothing is perfect (when i use my cintiq in photoshop i get ugly wiggly lines because it has no smoothing)

yeah my latest drawing is taking me ages to finish. it's got like 150+ layers and its roughly 60 mbs. layers are great but sometimes i feel like i make too many.

you're right, pencil and paper gives more control over line which is good. much better than tablet. but if you have a pen on screen tablet like the cintiq series you can skip the pen and paper step. some people say it isn't calibrated enough, but if i were to compare it, i'd say there's only a ~1% accuracy drop for me, compared to the 123891290831290489039815% accuracy drop i have with tablets loooooool

Gully Foyle
Jul 2, 2012, 11:16 PM
Been going through all known info about the game mechanics atm. Of particular interest has been buri-chan's thread on weapons over in the gameplay & guides section.

Scrub
Jul 2, 2012, 11:17 PM
Still trying to decide if I want to be a Force or a Ranger more. I like both and it's kind of hard to decide which to choose between, since Im not really playing often enough to level them both up at once. I really wish your Job level was seperate from your Character level.

buri-chan
Jul 2, 2012, 11:19 PM
Making a new sig ate up 15 minutes.

No, the void's still there.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 2, 2012, 11:21 PM
Still trying to decide if I want to be a Force or a Ranger more. I like both and it's kind of hard to decide which to choose between, since Im not really playing often enough to level them both up at once. I really wish your Job level was seperate from your Character level.

scrub is definitely not doing what he said, and instead is watching loads of anime

lots of anime

so much anime

he's also hugging a dakimakura while kyuuning over moemoe characters.

did i say he was watching anime?

he's probably watching anime and reading manga at the same time my bad. he's also simultaneously playing tokimeki memorial 4 on the psp and idolmaster on the ps3 while eating itchy goe pocky

BogusKun
Jul 2, 2012, 11:23 PM

If you have skullgirls, I can jack my friend's 360 and run some sets, but he sold his SF4 because he didn't like that chun-li has to hit the floor before her hozanshu hits opponents so he sold the game.

gosh darn it! :(

Scrub
Jul 2, 2012, 11:25 PM
scrub is definitely not doing what he said, and instead is watching loads of anime

lots of anime

so much anime

he's also hugging a dakimakura while kyuuning over moemoe characters.

did i say he was watching anime?

he's probably watching anime and reading manga at the same time my bad. he's also simultaneously playing tokimeki memorial 4 on the psp and idolmaster on the ps3 while eating itchy goe pocky

dont culture-shame me please, gaijin

Ryyudo
Jul 2, 2012, 11:28 PM
Realize I pretty much played PSO2 for two days straight.
...Also realize that I have less than two days to really hone up for EVO. Oooops.

So I'll be practicing lots of KoF and a little Skullgirls and VF5FS.

I'm down for some Skullgirls if you're available. I could use the sets right now.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 2, 2012, 11:30 PM
LUUUUULZ KOF AND SKULL GIRLS? TOOOO ANIIIMAAAAAAY HAAAAW HAWWW HAWWWWW

SF4 / SOUL CALIBUR 4 ONLY, U WEEABOO LOOZURS

mfw blaz blue is taken out in place for MARVEL VS CAPCOM AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHA

MAN IDGAF IF BLAZBLUE IS ANIME U LITTLE SHITS, ITS FIGHTING SYSTEM IS MUCH MORE INTRICATE, DETAILED, AND INTERESTING THAN THAT SHITTY SPAM FEST BIONIC ARM ANALYZE CUBE BULLSHIT.

ChinchillaxCharlie
Jul 2, 2012, 11:31 PM
First, I'll sleep.
Then, I'll wake up.
Then, I'll probably miss the opening because I'll be at the cabin for the fourth.
Then I'll return and, uh, I dunno. Stay awake for three days.

Sounds like a plan....

MissMalice
Jul 2, 2012, 11:35 PM
Going back to Rusty Hearts for a bit. I'll also be at work the night the servers go live. I should be home like 30min after, I think~

I'll also try to work on some signature requests from other forums. I've been so caught up with PSO that I forgot to check on them. :c

goldwing
Jul 2, 2012, 11:37 PM
hmmmmmmm i will be goiing to see spiderman ofc but aside from that ummm well hmmmmmmm mess around with my sprites project.

Ryyudo
Jul 2, 2012, 11:38 PM
LUUUUULZ KOF AND SKULL GIRLS? TOOOO ANIIIMAAAAAAY HAAAAW HAWWW HAWWWWW

SF4 / SOUL CALIBUR 4 ONLY, U WEEABOO LOOZURS

mfw blaz blue is taken out in place for MARVEL VS CAPCOM AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHA

MAN IDGAF IF BLAZBLUE IS ANIME U LITTLE SHITS, ITS FIGHTING SYSTEM IS MUCH MORE INTRICATE, DETAILED, AND INTERESTING THAN THAT SHITTY SPAM FEST BIONIC ARM ANALYZE CUBE BULLSHIT.

Yee yee, Blaz was pretty hot. Too bad it died in my state because they couldn't be bothered to actually learn a game. Ironically, I felt MORE discouraged to continue after going to an out of state major to play in a tournament hahaha!

oifjustus
Jul 2, 2012, 11:39 PM
Live Life?

ChinchillaxCharlie
Jul 3, 2012, 12:05 AM
Are they like wiping the servers clean or do we keep our Toons and all their Stuff...

AlMcFly
Jul 3, 2012, 12:35 AM
Are they like wiping the servers clean or do we keep our Toons and all their Stuff...

WHAT?!? AGAIN 27 HOURS?!?! NUUUUU

We keep our open beta characters through into full release :)

Kamen Rider Sting
Jul 3, 2012, 12:42 AM
Hmm, what to do ay? Well I can play WoW for now, recently activated my main account. It'll be funny doing endgame stuff again, I mucked around with my free trial account for fun. Maybe check RSVP and see how many women rejected me, no wait. That's just sad.

ChinchillaxCharlie
Jul 3, 2012, 12:43 AM
WHAT?!? AGAIN 27 HOURS?!?! NUUUUU

We keep our open beta characters through into full release :)

I dun no if its 27 hours cause I just turned on the client launcher and it started a new patch... So It may be back up... But thats awesome that we get to keep our stuff because Ive been playing for like 5 days and I been spending lots of in game money on upgrading my stuff I dun wanna lose it... XD

Kamen Rider Sting
Jul 3, 2012, 12:47 AM
Hang on mate, hang on. You may have to start over if your JPN characters cannot be playable in a
PAL/US-NTSC version of the game.

clickypen
Jul 3, 2012, 12:51 AM
I'd like to say I want to play PSO2 while i wait. What I really want is just to dance in synchronization with everyone in ship 2, channel 21.

spade88
Jul 3, 2012, 12:52 AM
Simple bail and return to the original PSO..o wait I am doing that already and loving it...lol

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 3, 2012, 01:00 AM
Simple bail and return to the original PSO..o wait I am doing that already and loving it...lol
Congrats dude want a cookie for playing a 10 year old game?

AlMcFly
Jul 3, 2012, 01:02 AM

I want a cookie.

Rusty Spoons
Jul 3, 2012, 01:23 AM
I'll still be wishing I had better internet.
Besides that I'll hopefully be reading some manga and most definitely watching anime.

Gonna make a new screen press for my silk screens tomorrow. Once that's done I'll be printing up shirts like a madman.

Oh! Almost forgot that I'll be downing so much caffeine I might just look like a crack addict. But that's not much different than a normal day...

Aurakon
Jul 3, 2012, 01:33 AM
I suppose I'll just wipe the dust off my 3DS and play some Harvest Moon until tomorrow night. Simple really.

Kamen Rider Sting
Jul 3, 2012, 01:37 AM
I should play my old DC PSO, shame I'm so far away from home.

spade88
Jul 3, 2012, 01:53 AM

Yes I want a cookie, did you make then or did you buy them pre-made..

Kamen Rider Sting
Jul 3, 2012, 02:01 AM
Probably went to Coles or Aldi, I want cookies from the Cookie Man!! (Sigh) Good times.

HunterFusion
Jul 3, 2012, 02:21 AM
Might as well draw and do some ninja gaiden 2. Cookies and creamssssss D:!

bryanbtje
Jul 3, 2012, 02:25 AM
watch anime and play some Skyrim

Aeris
Jul 3, 2012, 02:35 AM

PC huh, i have it for PC as well, i haven't played it in ages though xD.

Darki
Jul 3, 2012, 03:11 AM
I'll tidy my apartment, pay the bills, possibly play The Sims 3 and think about some homework I gotta plan, and stuff like that.

And probably try to figure out a way to pay AC in the game other than credit card. :/

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 3, 2012, 03:13 AM
ffxi...

Caelavel
Jul 3, 2012, 03:22 AM
Star Wars, fireworks, and League of Legends.
If anyone here plays, my summoner name is Freya Fenrir. Feel free to shoot me a friend request and if I'm on like I plan to be we'll make something happen :D

GrandTickler
Jul 3, 2012, 03:24 AM
sit in a corner and cut myself.
nah, i really have no clue wtf to do. i started re-reading Berserk for the millionth time so i guess ill go do that.

iwerkout
Jul 3, 2012, 03:31 AM
Unsure if I should spend my hard earned money on ridiculous yet essential MMO game functions, or on a new computer to play said ridiculous game better...

DTwO
Jul 3, 2012, 03:32 AM
For me its been...
Jet Set Radio/PSO - Dreamcast

FLCL,Full Metal Panic - Anime

Wish FLCL wasnt so short T_T

RBJakeSpecial
Jul 3, 2012, 03:40 AM
Play some other games. Just got my Mumble up and running. I think PSO2 is going to be a strong addiction that will take up a bit too much time. I've already got some AC points ready to make a new character on Ship 2.

Looking forward to playing with everyone!

Hucast-Kireek
Jul 3, 2012, 03:43 AM
I'm still wondering if the Ver.1.0003.0 update (the one that reversed the ships number order) is the update I needed to play the upcoming july 4 or is there another? im lost.

Also will we be stuck on the ship we selected or will we be able to choose a new one if we wanted on July 4?

spade88
Jul 3, 2012, 03:44 AM
After I play PSO, probably play some more while scanning netflixs for something good to watch.

(hate to say it but I'm bored wth PSO2 already) - would have thought it would have lasted longer...that is sad

O wait I know i'll find a new anime series to get hooked on ...problem solved :)

sexyslut
Jul 3, 2012, 03:45 AM
I rewatched unicorn 04 and I cried. And now im waiting for 05 to finish downloading and then imma watch that.

oh yea and I registered here when I realized i downloaded 720p and that I would have to wait 15 minutes for the 1080p to finish downloading... sigh

o yea and before that I was watching some retsuprae and hdstarcraft and reading about the ac pricing schemes

Alnet
Jul 3, 2012, 03:47 AM
I've got books and journals laying around, so I can read them. If I want to play something, I'll pop Ys into my PSP. And I've been meaning to rewatch The Soultaker. The only question is what to do first...

iwerkout
Jul 3, 2012, 04:03 AM
Ooo! I've got a good time waster.
Going to learn some Katakana. ^_^

Tired of relying on guides 24/7 or an english patch that will take forever to come out lol.

Let's get to learning!

DTwO
Jul 3, 2012, 04:08 AM
Ooo! I've got a good time waster.
Going to learn some Katakana. ^_^

Tired of relying on guides 24/7 or an english patch that will take forever to come out lol.

Let's get to learning!
Now that actualy sounds productive!lol ill go do the same,allthough from reading the guides,i have picked up about 70% of what/where everything is >.<

@ Sexy : Unicorn 04?LULZ what is that about?

BIG OLAF
Jul 3, 2012, 04:14 AM
I'm learning basic Japanese phrases just for the lolz. However, I'm probably not learning them correctly, since Google Translate isn't so, uh, great for that.

Something neat I did learn that I thought was cool (and hopefully accurate) is:

ナサンダラ

Natsuma
Jul 3, 2012, 04:35 AM
I'm at the office until 7pm so it doesn't really bother me...
I guess I'll just watch a movie this evening :-)

riezahughes
Jul 3, 2012, 04:44 AM
I came home hapilly hoping to jump on and see everyone... only to find that there was maintenance. But at least it's for a great cause. Im hoping to rake up a little more information on the time trial stuff. Challenge mode was always one of my favourite parts of pso.

ZeroRageX
Jul 3, 2012, 05:07 AM
I'm gonna try to finish my Pacifist Ghost run in Deus Ex HRon the hardest difficulty. Or play so of that new f2p shooter on Steam

Ranmaru
Jul 3, 2012, 05:07 AM
I just woke up. Gonna sleep again.

Lapres
Jul 3, 2012, 06:05 AM
Since my guilds all still sleeping (sigh!) I'll be getting back into drawing PSO art... it's been too long. (Dreamcast ;o; ) Yippee! Bing on the Rappies of old.

Bradders
Jul 3, 2012, 06:16 AM
One shall learn japanese
Thus arte raising game intelect
upon to me PSO2

lopal
Jul 3, 2012, 06:54 AM
Going to vacation for 1 week tomorrow.. FML

Angelo
Jul 3, 2012, 06:56 AM
Work, PSO-W, target practice, more PSO-W, more work.

Jungo Torii
Jul 3, 2012, 06:58 AM
Twiddling my thumbs and waiting for the game to come back up. Or waste my time playing other games...probably Bastion or Team Fortress 2.

Of course, I also like fighting games, so I may fire my xbox up to play King of Fighters XIII and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.

MrShoestore
Jul 3, 2012, 10:43 AM
Going to vacation for 1 week tomorrow.. FML

you must be young... because people generally don't go "Fuuuu vacation!!? Ugh why is life so cruel. Why must I leave the repetition of my life and partake in recreations and travel and sights and sounds I have yet to experience. Oh the humanity, oh the hopelessness of vacation."

... yea... you must be caravanning with parents. :-)

Gospar
Jul 3, 2012, 10:53 AM
Probably just relaxing for the most part, maybe playing some other video games that I've been holding off on, primarily Final Fantasy XII. Alternatively, I might as well start becoming active on these forums as well and become more familiar with some of the community members here, especially for how long I have been playing PSO for and have hardly even made a post here on my old account. Might as well start somewhere.

Kazzi
Jul 3, 2012, 10:56 AM
Gonna do all the things I've been avoiding doing by playing PSO2 in the first place.

ibaraki_ben
Jul 3, 2012, 10:56 AM
I am at a party tonight. What time does it come back online Japanese time??

Blackheart521
Jul 3, 2012, 10:58 AM
I am at a party tonight. What time does it come back online Japanese time??

14:00 Japanese time ^^

ibaraki_ben
Jul 3, 2012, 11:00 AM
Damn. I was hoping to get home at 3am and play! Well I have a day off tomorrow!

Khasar
Jul 3, 2012, 11:34 AM
Going to play around with the character demo with the colours I want on my gear. Seen a few people with the robot gear with nice colour combinations. So got me thinking about changing.

Scline
Jul 3, 2012, 03:08 PM
So far the only real life activities I've seen people say they are going to do in the down time is WORK and one guy is going to PARTY. Wtf guys?

It's TUESDAY, I'm going BOWLING. Then I'll probably learn some Katakana so I can actually read some of the choices I'm making instead of just blindly making them.

Also, FLCL ftw! DTwO is cool in my book.

RahvinWT
Jul 3, 2012, 03:24 PM
DOODLING.......because I have nothing left to do here at work....

raiden55
Jul 3, 2012, 03:31 PM
though it was time to try again to learn Japanese, I was surprised to understand a pretty good part of the audio cutscenes due to anime experience, but when you can't read anything, it's an issue ^^
so I worked a bit to learn some hiragana and katakana, and do a bit of grammar... worked better than I though given the short time I had.

Snitch
Jul 3, 2012, 03:33 PM
8,5 hours and its game on..... Maybe a stupid question, but do we loose our chr's from Beta? I don't mind, since i only got myself to level 5 hehe, been testing to many div chr's :D But thats what beta's are for..... God i just wanna play now.... wait wait ...

raiden55
Jul 3, 2012, 03:47 PM
8,5 hours and its game on..... Maybe a stupid question, but do we loose our chr's from Beta? I don't mind, since i only got myself to level 5 hehe, been testing to many div chr's :D But thats what beta's are for..... God i just wanna play now.... wait wait ...
i read (here i think), that there's no wipe after this open beta (there were before however)

i need to check if there will be a patch however, as it would take a lot of time to update in that case

RedRaz0r
Jul 3, 2012, 03:49 PM
i read (here i think), that there's no wipe after this open beta (there were before however)

i need to check if there will be a patch however, as it would take a lot of time to update in that case

Correct, there is no wipe.

And there is a patch, it's already available.

raiden55
Jul 3, 2012, 03:53 PM
And there is a patch, it's already available.
was about to edit my post, already updated, that was quick :)

Ryock
Jul 3, 2012, 04:01 PM
I'm actually studying my Japanese further and trying to learn some new words, phrases, and understand the sentence structure a little better. Should probably look at kanji too now that I think about it.

Alnet
Jul 3, 2012, 04:02 PM
I find I'm spending an inordinate amount of time on PSOW, reading about things I may not have known about the game, and actually posting for once.

It feels good to visit this site more than once a week and actually have something to say.

Kanore
Jul 3, 2012, 04:03 PM
crying into my pillow asking why this maintenance had to be 27 hours

raiden55
Jul 3, 2012, 04:12 PM
I'm actually studying my Japanese further and trying to learn some new words, phrases, and understand the sentence structure a little better. Should probably look at kanji too now that I think about it.
what would you suggest to a newbie who would like to understand the UI ?
i'm terrible at memorizing things... i'm okay with romanji as i watch a lot of anime (was funny understanding the audio cutscenes of pso2 pretty well while being unable to ready any menu of the game xD), but learning the read is a big issue, moreover the littles exercices i found are mostly for hiragana and some easy kanjis, while the game use mostly katakana... :/

Ryyudo
Jul 3, 2012, 05:00 PM
what would you suggest to a newbie who would like to understand the UI ?
i'm terrible at memorizing things... i'm okay with romanji as i watch a lot of anime (was funny understanding the audio cutscenes of pso2 pretty well while being unable to ready any menu of the game xD), but learning the read is a big issue, moreover the littles exercices i found are mostly for hiragana and some easy kanjis, while the game use mostly katakana... :/

For helping you learn Katakana: I used a program called Anki for my Japanese class. It's basically a flash card program, so it's useful for testing yourself. You can go into it, download different kinds of flash cards, and run through them under your own chosen settings.

I'd suggest trying to learn them via their starting sounds/letter, which most websites will organize that way, anyway. After that, learn their alternative sounds (i.e. カ -> ガ or ホ -> ボ -> ポ).

Lastly, one exercise my friend did was look up celeberties in Japanese wikipedia and got used to seeing certain symbols and what Japanese languages try to make up for lacking certain phonics in their alphabets.

Good luck :)

Nu Lo Yin
Jul 3, 2012, 05:03 PM
It's down for 27 hours again!??!?! Aughhhhh

Its not down. Open Beta is over. There is usally a time between when the open beta and the full game comes out. No different here. Open Beta is over, and on July 4th early, the full game is launched

KitsyLove
Jul 3, 2012, 05:04 PM
Today is a day that I'm utterly bored and would be perfect for me to play PSO2, sadly we can't play right now. So I'm trying to kill time with some anime, reading a book, playing a game.

But really, wish the 27 hours were on a different day, when I wasn't so desperate on playing. x'D

CharAznable
Jul 3, 2012, 05:30 PM
I NEED SOME PSO!! I'm dying here! I have tons of games but don't even want to start them.

PSO2 and fast!

Nu Lo Yin
Jul 3, 2012, 05:31 PM

Its not a maintenance. The Open Beta is over.

Scarlet_Rain
Jul 3, 2012, 05:32 PM
Anyone playing Mstar Thai by any chance?(prob a long shot lol)

DreXxiN
Jul 3, 2012, 05:37 PM

If your posts are any indication you should be able to find some kind of social acivity to do today to pass the time. :P

BWS-1
Jul 3, 2012, 05:56 PM
Trying to find something to do with my level 81 in Skyrim... switching to WoW every now and then to farm rep for the Scryer's with my Warlock.

nyanneko
Jul 3, 2012, 06:19 PM
lol i don't know..
http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u477/holic14/vivi.jpg

Khasar
Jul 3, 2012, 06:31 PM
First thing I will do is watch a movie now go to sleep wake up at 9am log in make my character until I get to the lobby log off go to work then play when I get home :)

SuperSeed
Jul 3, 2012, 06:39 PM
First post ^^ been lurking on this website since Dreamcast PSO days.

How long exactly until the game releases EST? I already have my AC purchased I'm rearin to go!

Finetic
Jul 3, 2012, 06:41 PM
First post ^^ been lurking on this website since Dreamcast PSO days.

How long exactly until the game releases EST? I already have my AC purchased I'm rearin to go!

Welcome sir,

Should be 1am EST.

Rizen
Jul 3, 2012, 06:43 PM
I just noticed something...I loaded the game and noticed all the ship numbers were inverted. O_o

[spoiler-box]
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/5517/pso20120703193716000.png
[/spoiler-box]

SuperSeed
Jul 3, 2012, 06:44 PM
Welcome sir,

Should be 1am EST.

Thank you much! Going to be a long day haha.

So do OBT characters transfer to the live full release version?

RedRaz0r
Jul 3, 2012, 06:50 PM
Thank you much! Going to be a long day haha.

So do OBT characters transfer to the live full release version?

Yes they do.

Khasar
Jul 3, 2012, 07:05 PM
Yes they do.

:O man I am slow I didn't know that, that's awesome:-D

nyanneko
Jul 3, 2012, 07:08 PM
lol not inverted just offline xD

sugarFO
Jul 3, 2012, 07:10 PM
Now I'm listening to this and just nostalgia'ing sooooo hard for original PSO. I love PSO2 but I dunno. I don't think you can ever really replicate the magic and wonder that game introduced. /wistful sigh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOIKck5Rdpc&feature=related

raiden55
Jul 3, 2012, 07:14 PM
new little patch since the one of some hours ago

gigawuts
Jul 3, 2012, 07:16 PM
Man, I love it when game companies do that stuff with game music. Simply perfect. I didn't know about most of them either, thanks for the link.

Finetic
Jul 3, 2012, 07:26 PM
Now I'm listening to this and just nostalgia'ing sooooo hard for original PSO. I love PSO2 but I dunno. I don't think you can ever really replicate the magic and wonder that game introduced. /wistful sigh

Right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo16ZxGdW0U&list=FLYRB3kBUBM1Co2O0YvYCMIw&index=10&feature=plpp_video"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo16ZxGdW0U&list=FLYRB3kBUBM1Co2O0YvYCMIw&index=10&feature=plpp_video

I've had this on repeat for the last hour, and I just, just- can't stop fanboying out. Such a fantastic composition for the most intense area of the game.

Darki
Jul 3, 2012, 07:28 PM
Now I'm kind of planning what to do with my mag. Do we have new information on the new ones?

Enforcer MKV
Jul 3, 2012, 07:43 PM
Mostly music. Like this and Tricktrack pt.2

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I0KdPO1TWw"]Phantasy Star Portable - Save This World [vMix] - YouTube[/url] [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHhtrpXdEJg[/SPOILER-BOX]

I never played Portable 1 or 2, but I like this version more than PSU's. Also, I just like Ignite Infinity. :P

BIG OLAF
Jul 3, 2012, 07:48 PM
I just noticed something...I loaded the game and noticed all the ship numbers were inverted. O_o

[spoiler-box]
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/5517/pso20120703193716000.png
[/spoiler-box]

Yeah, someone brought that up in Mike's thread, I think. Wonder how many people are gonna click on Ship 9 and shit themselves when they don't see their character file pop up for selection.

http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/eat/t1918.gif

I never played Portable 1 or 2, but I like this version more than PSU's. Also, I just like Ignite Infinity. :P

Yes, all the portable PS games have vastly superior OSTs compared to PSU's.

Ryoten
Jul 3, 2012, 07:52 PM
Yeah, someone brought that up in Mike's thread, I think. Wonder how many people are gonna click on Ship 9 and shit themselves when they don't see their character file pop up for selection.

Damn, glad someone caught that because right after the login screen & inputting my Sega ID, I just keep hitting enter. lol

VonHalford
Jul 3, 2012, 08:14 PM
Listening to the new Aesop Rock and Dark Time Sunshine records

Chik'Tikka
Jul 3, 2012, 08:51 PM
shrinking my :C\ drive below 120 GB and moving/reinstalling most files to a different partition on my HDD (a slow 750GB) so that i can use Norton ghost to move the :c\ partition to a much smaller and faster HDD+^_^+ oh, and maintenance and job interviews and summer classes and what not+^_^+ oh, and roasted corn on the cob and fireworks and parties and Kessler +^_^+

Ranmo
Jul 3, 2012, 08:55 PM
Bruce Lee marathon. Aww yeaaaaaah

ibaraki_ben
Jul 3, 2012, 08:55 PM
I have cooked taco rice, went to Kasumi, fed my pets, went to the dry cleaners and its only 10:55am!!

buri-chan
Jul 3, 2012, 09:00 PM
Three hours.

Should find something to do.

Instead, I shall watch the new albino otocinlus clean my tank for me. Lookit him go. You go, algae eater.

Ranmaru
Jul 3, 2012, 09:04 PM
I watched Ted with my sis. Now gonna watch 24 Jump Street. : P And then, Sherlock Holmes.

Unless the server gets up before that. Then I'll get on that first. : P

H3Av3NS PUNISH3R
Jul 3, 2012, 09:31 PM
Mostly music. Like this and Tricktrack pt.2

[SPOILER-BOX]Phantasy Star Portable - Save This World [vMix] - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I0KdPO1TWw) ?PSPo2i?? Ignite Infinity (Long Version)? - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHhtrpXdEJg)[/SPOILER-BOX]

I love Ignite Infinity XD I used to listen to it every time I turn on my PSP to play that game. Oh, the nostalgia...

Wolfgrey666
Jul 3, 2012, 09:43 PM
As so by the time over there we have about 2 hours and 17 minutes to go.I can't wait.I haven't gotten to play in CB or OB so i am excited as hell.

nyanneko
Jul 3, 2012, 09:48 PM
gahhh i'm dieing of boredom... o. o im sooo tempted to watch mirai nikki live action ... please servers go back up.

ibaraki_ben
Jul 3, 2012, 09:49 PM
I am going for lunch in Tokyo I think, that should pass some time.

Wolfgrey666
Jul 3, 2012, 09:50 PM

Pretty sweet that you actually live there.

I will one day at some point as well, though it is a ways off at the current time.

Squall179
Jul 3, 2012, 09:50 PM
Playing some Fallout New Vegas on one monitor, with the task bar for windows on the other so I can keep track of the time. Soon as The Appointed Time of the Awakening of The Servers comes...I shall heed the call....

Professor Fay
Jul 3, 2012, 09:56 PM
Went about my usual exercise routine in the morning, but now I'm strapped up for alternating between playing Pandora's Tower on the Wii and watching Bakemonogatari.

Despite this, I still can't stop thinking about PSO2. Seriously PSO2... what have you done to me?!

Chik'Tikka
Jul 3, 2012, 09:59 PM

instantly made me think of this song+^_^+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDJJrAP_eCI

Kanore
Jul 3, 2012, 10:05 PM
I swear to god, for the past few years time has been speeding up for me

and now it's slowed down just for this stupid goddamn release

also i'm playing phantasy star 4 to pass the time ugh

Egner
Jul 3, 2012, 10:05 PM
So does it start at 12 or 1 EST? Thanks for the reply in advance ^.^

BIG OLAF
Jul 3, 2012, 10:13 PM
So does it start at 12 or 1 EST? Thanks for the reply in advance ^.^

1:00 AM.

I was gonna play Skyrim for a couple hours, but I'm having some issues at the moment. Gonna just have a lie down for a bit, I think.

CelestialBlade
Jul 3, 2012, 10:14 PM
I got *so much done* today, oh my god. My apartment is so CLEAN.

OMG IT'S ALMOST 1AM OMG--oh, crap, gotta sleep so I can get this project done at work tomorrow ;_; UNTIL THEN.

Demon-
Jul 3, 2012, 10:21 PM
Caught up on sleep.

Quebe_Lae
Jul 3, 2012, 10:34 PM
Managed to doodle a mag. Also managed to doodle on the bus.

Wolfgrey666
Jul 3, 2012, 10:35 PM
Caught up on sleep.

Don't understand what sleep is.I will have none of such a thing tonight.

TheBlackMage
Jul 3, 2012, 10:35 PM
Scratching that PSO2 itch by testing out some new ideas in the character creator. :P

nyanneko
Jul 3, 2012, 10:38 PM
o. o oohhh that sounds like fun

Wolfgrey666
Jul 3, 2012, 10:40 PM
Scratching that PSO2 itch by testing out some new ideas in the character creator. :P

Hmm you have brought up a wonderful plan.After all it takes me about 30 minutes per character. XD

TheBlackMage
Jul 3, 2012, 10:43 PM
Hmm you have brought up a wonderful plan.After all it takes me about 30 minutes per character. XD

Likewise, my friends hate me whenever we start playing a game with character customization. They take 5 minutes I have been known to take up to a full hour sometimes. >.< Really can't wait til we have some new possibilities for outfit combinations. (Also considering buying AC because I feel the need to change Jenti's gold-ish armor by just a sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight shade. @_@)

[EDIT] I'm gonna laugh if I wind up doing a complete re-haul. @_@

SuperSeed
Jul 3, 2012, 10:46 PM

IN!

http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/inp1.gif

ibaraki_ben
Jul 3, 2012, 10:49 PM
IN!

http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/inp1.gif

I might go and try that...

Wolfgrey666
Jul 3, 2012, 10:58 PM
Likewise, my friends hate me whenever we start playing a game with character customization. They take 5 minutes I have been known to take up to a full hour sometimes. >.< Really can't wait til we have some new possibilities for outfit combinations. (Also considering buying AC because I feel the need to change Jenti's gold-ish armor by just a sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight shade. @_@)

[EDIT] I'm gonna laugh if I wind up doing a complete re-haul. @_@

I am the same way man.My characters have a certain feel.The better the customization the longer i take. My first go in the CC took about 50 or so minutes.I am gonna knock that time away and take hold of PSO2 when it is time.

I am also gonna eat pasta.

buri-chan
Jul 3, 2012, 11:02 PM
Now it's time to listen to music to get hyped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uRUPEN8F9U

MAXrobo
Jul 3, 2012, 11:08 PM
Now it's time to listen to music to get hyped.

New Getter Robo OST - Vocal Collection ~Deep Red~ - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uRUPEN8F9U)

You are an amazing person and winner of this thread.

now excuse me while I listen to this for the next hour until PSO2 comes back...
and then continue listening while playing!

Vylera
Jul 3, 2012, 11:12 PM
Re-watching episodes of Whose Line is it Anyway to keep myself laughing and awake.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 3, 2012, 11:12 PM
Re-watching episodes of Whose Line is it Anyway to keep myself laughing and awake.

This works brilliantly. Might go do that myself.

Firehouse1983
Jul 3, 2012, 11:31 PM
So, if everything goes right...27 hour maintenance ends in like...30 minutes, right?

Enforcer MKV
Jul 3, 2012, 11:32 PM
So, if everything goes right...27 hour maintenance ends in like...30 minutes, right?

That's correct.

Firehouse1983
Jul 3, 2012, 11:34 PM
Since I've been up drinking and all, I'll probably try and log on around midnight-ish and see if we can play. Probably won't do a mission, as I'm friggin' tired as hell, but it'd be nice for in the morning, haha.

aduran
Jul 3, 2012, 11:35 PM
they should be done by now...:/ dont think they will issue that last maintenance command 2 secs before time..open them up!!!

Aurakon
Jul 3, 2012, 11:35 PM
So close...I can taste it...

TheBlackMage
Jul 3, 2012, 11:40 PM
I am the same way man.My characters have a certain feel.The better the customization the longer i take. My first go in the CC took about 50 or so minutes.I am gonna knock that time away and take hold of PSO2 when it is time.

I am also gonna eat pasta.

lol well if you wind up re-making your character and start lvling from 1 again hit me up, I think I might just delete and re-create Jenti since I'm only lvl.15 and it won't take that long to get back to that lvl. (I'll miss my gunblade but I'm positive I can make do until I obtain another good one. :P)

So, I'm gonna leave this up to everyone reading this thread to decide if I re-make or not. I was at first just editing a few colors but then one thing led to another and well... here's what we have lol. (I apologize for the low quality as well, on a laptop. : x)

Before:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/6687/pso20120629130607000.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

And after:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/9102/pso20120704002812000.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

So what will it be? :P
(and yes for some reason I am obsessed with that hairstyle. @_@)

(I'm assuming if the re-make wins I just click load in the game and it'll bring up the save file from the editor correct?)

Squall179
Jul 3, 2012, 11:41 PM
TWENTY MINUTES, everyone!

Hunters, prepare for deployment!

Oh and playing with an IRON MAN mod in Fallout New Vegas......and using a giant sword to feel like a HUcast lol.

Oh and on the voting? I'd go with the first, but that's just me, I like bright colors.

Hucast-Kireek
Jul 3, 2012, 11:42 PM
10-20 more minutes? left? *Grabs my 4star partizan*

Squall179
Jul 3, 2012, 11:43 PM
10-20 more minutes? left? *Grabs my 4star partizan*

Yes Comrade! Prepare for glory! *he locks and loads his assault rifle*

Zelon
Jul 3, 2012, 11:44 PM
so bored need my game....... i keep trying to log in in hopes its early lol

Scarlet_Rain
Jul 3, 2012, 11:46 PM
lol well if you wind up re-making your character and start lvling from 1 again hit me up, I think I might just delete and re-create Jenti since I'm only lvl.15 and it won't take that long to get back to that lvl. (I'll miss my gunblade but I'm positive I can make do until I obtain another good one. :P)

So, I'm gonna leave this up to everyone reading this thread to decide if I re-make or not. I was at first just editing a few colors but then one thing led to another and well... here's what we have lol. (I apologize for the low quality as well, on a laptop. : x)

Before:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/6687/pso20120629130607000.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

And after:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/9102/pso20120704002812000.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

So what will it be? :P
(and yes for some reason I am obsessed with that hairstyle. @_@)

(I'm assuming if the re-make wins I just click load in the game and it'll bring up the save file from the editor correct?)

remake looks nice. og looks like an orange bitch from the jersey shore

TheBlackMage
Jul 3, 2012, 11:49 PM

Considering that I too dislike the Jersey Shore, I'm going to make that count as 2 votes for the splendid analogy. XD

Zelon
Jul 3, 2012, 11:50 PM

LOL i was thinking a stretched out umpalumpa myself, no offense to your character man i dont have any room to talk though mines purple everything

H3Av3NS PUNISH3R
Jul 3, 2012, 11:51 PM
I'm thinking of remaking my character since I'm on ship 10. I want to be on ship 2 where everyone else is at ;_; If I can find some more people who are remaking, I will probably consider it...

TheBlackMage
Jul 3, 2012, 11:52 PM
LOL i was thinking a stretched out umpalumpa myself, no offense to your character man i dont have any room to talk though mines purple everything

Lol no worries, I didn't put my all into it the 1st time I just wanted to start playing the game I've been waiting 10 years for. :P I assumed I could come back and edit it later...boy was I wrong. @_@

I'm thinking of remaking my character since I'm on ship 10. I want to be on ship 2 where everyone else is at ;_; If I can find some more people who are remaking, I will probably consider it...

Do it! :D Consider it a Launch Celebration. :P

Home Dog
Jul 3, 2012, 11:52 PM
How much more time do we have til the servers are up?

Finetic
Jul 3, 2012, 11:53 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh snap.

The time is extremely fucking nigh.

Blackheart521
Jul 3, 2012, 11:54 PM
How much more time do we have til the servers are up?

6 minutes ^^

Zelon
Jul 3, 2012, 11:56 PM

yeah go for it i had to remake mine just before the open was closed, so i can wait around.... now that i think about it ... i hope he wasnt deleted :disapprove:

aduran
Jul 3, 2012, 11:56 PM
there will be a rollback tomorrow night ! LOL

Tessu
Jul 3, 2012, 11:57 PM
I played a lot of Recettear.

Priest
Can't wait to see EXP FULL no more!!

Squall179
THREE MINUTES TO GO!!!!

Zelon
Jul 3, 2012, 11:58 PM
there will be a rollback tomorrow night ! LOL

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooo

H3Av3NS PUNISH3R
Jul 3, 2012, 11:58 PM
Guess it's inevitable... I'm starting over! >:D

moorebounce
Jul 3, 2012, 11:59 PM

I would remake to get on ship 2. Actaully when block 20 gets full we spill into 21, 22 and so forth.

TheBlackMage
This is more exciting than any 1999 new years eve party. @_@

aduran
if you are not premium you get d/c first. LOL

Squall179
Jul 4, 2012, 12:00 AM
ONE MINUTE also not sure if trolling or just hilarious hehe!

Zelon
Jul 4, 2012, 12:00 AM
you know i just had a funny thought i know its not there holliday but this is starting on the 4th of July people think about it

Squall179
Jul 4, 2012, 12:01 AM
PSO2 GO!

Go go go! The Corps ain't payin' you buy the hour!

TheBlackMage
Jul 4, 2012, 12:02 AM
you know i just had a funny thought i know its not there holliday but this is starting on the 4th of July people think about it

I'd laugh if Sega came up and said:

"First off I want to thank our friends in the United States for playing our games and supporting us all these years as well as to wish their country a happy birthday. Sadly we decided not to get you a gift and leave PSO2 JP only."

Laguna
Jul 4, 2012, 12:02 AM
LOG ME IN, DAMMIT.

Hucast-Kireek
Jul 4, 2012, 12:04 AM
Im IN! UBWAAA!!! DOWN THE TUNNEL! GO INTO THE LIGHT MY FRIENDZZZ!!!

Zelon
Jul 4, 2012, 12:09 AM
in game see you there

Squall179
Jul 4, 2012, 12:17 AM
Inquiry, does PSOW have an official BLock on Ship 2 was it? that they play on?

Enforcer MKV
Jul 4, 2012, 12:24 AM
Inquiry, does PSOW have an official BLock on Ship 2 was it? that they play on?

block 20, usually. Just go down the list as blocks fill. ^^;

Squall179
Jul 4, 2012, 12:28 AM
Alright, thank you!

Flwl3ssCowboy
Jul 4, 2012, 12:36 AM
Bah. Confound my luck. Does anyone know how to fix error 105 or what it is? I hit the big blue button on the launcher only to end up with that.