PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Those Emergency Codes @_@

Firehouse1983
Jul 2, 2012, 09:19 PM
Do they have enough of them, for one area? Haha...

I had FINALLY gotten open caves unlocked (after continuous dc's, parties not getting s-rank and under the time limit, etc...) and beat the first try of open caves, right? So I started the client order to open up desert and in cave 1, the party encountered 2 E.C. Duels (bosses), E.C. Collect, E.C. Extermination and a E.C. Attack. And, like I said...that was only Cave 1. Oh, and after beating the second boss, right before we went to cave 2, I randomly DC'd. Lol. So, needless to say, we didn't make the time (21 minutes in cave 1 alone.)

Anyone else had this happen to them?

GoldenFalcon
Jul 2, 2012, 09:24 PM
I actually wished that would happen to me and my buddies
We get like no codes and speed runs are boring and always succeed

buri-chan
Jul 2, 2012, 09:24 PM
You mean 'have a crazy awesome party'? Yeah, that's happened to me before.

Fujiko
Jul 2, 2012, 09:29 PM
Seems like if you enter a multi-party area that has had Codes bug out, you never get anymore (after 3 bug out). Hope they fix this serious bug, it's really annoying.

Notice it happen the most in the Desert.

Eyce_Theon
Jul 2, 2012, 09:30 PM
It only sucks because SEGA decided speedrunning was necessary for area progression. If it wasn't for that, would have been a blast.

Firehouse1983
Jul 2, 2012, 09:30 PM
I'm not disagreeing that it wasn't a crazy awesome party, lol. I was just hoping that I could've gotten Desert unlocked before OBT ended. It won't take much to do it, just rather not have had to do it on the 4th, haha.

But, yes, otherwise it was a crazy, fun, exciting party. Even the JP players each said "WOW" with the 2nd boss, at the end of cave 1. Fantabulous!

Crimson Exile
Jul 2, 2012, 09:31 PM
Just happened in the desert 5 bosses vs 12-16 players.

PSO Addict
Jul 2, 2012, 09:32 PM
The codes were implemented to change up repetitive runs to increase replay value. They are great mini-objectives to get you excited in the middle of a mission. However, Code Collect and Avoid can be upsetting sometimes.

Scarlet_Rain
Jul 2, 2012, 09:34 PM
The codes were implemented to change up repetitive runs to increase replay value. They are great mini-objectives to get you excited in the middle of a mission. However, Code Collect and Avoid can be upsetting sometimes.

^ This. lol

Firehouse1983
However, Code Collect, Avoid AND RESCUE can be upsetting sometimes.

Yeah, tell me about it. Added rescue, due to the fact I had a few parties abandon me, while I tried to figure out how to free myself...meanwhile, they went ahead and cleared the mission <_<

I like the fact that you have those to compliment when it gets a little repetitive...but they could try and tone it down, just a wee bit, if you're trying to do a timed mission, like I was, or just not put 5 bosses in a single mission, like what happened with Crimson. 2-3, maybe...5? That's a tiny bit insane. Still probably fun though, if you're not getting ohko'ed.

Halcyote
while those codes can be annoying, you do realize you can skip them if you are going for a timed objective? the bosses appearing on the map can be a distraction, but you're not obligated to fight it unless you know you and whatever parties are there can kill it within two minutes.

Firehouse1983
Jul 2, 2012, 09:39 PM
while those codes can be annoying, you do realize you can skip them if you are going for a timed objective? the bosses appearing on the map can be a distraction, but you're not obligated to fight it unless you know you and whatever parties are there can kill it within two minutes.

I figured they were essential to the mission, so we all just went and did em all. Now that I know that though, I'll keep that in mind.

Crimson Exile
Jul 2, 2012, 09:42 PM
Emergency Code Rescue throws the guy across the other side of the map. 12 of us head towards his direction then.... PSE BURST! Only 1 guy went to save him.

Chaoszshadow
Jul 2, 2012, 09:43 PM
depends, sometimes the mission has like one code and thats it but then in others theres bosses popping up all over the place.

it seems bosses spawn alot in the caves mission espcially though and the desert the least

When i was doing hard mode caves by myself(I left space open for people to join) i came a across a dragon boss(and i was barely at the level requirement for caves) and for some reason i decided to fight it by myself, which feels like it took hours and beat it without a single person coming in my party or the multiparty area. After i took it down i said phew(i actually even typed it in the chat although i was by myself),then suddenly TURN OVER CODE DUEL and then a boosted dragon came out. For some reason although i was still by myself, underlv, and force class which has low def i still fought it. eventually another player came and with ai party members and we killed it.

all that time and i didn't got any decent exp or drops

Halcyote
Jul 2, 2012, 09:43 PM
I figured they were essential to the mission, so we all just went and did em all. Now that I know that though, I'll keep that in mind.
they're necessary because doing some of them can increase your rank for the mission, but having a code duel/attack with a ragne/vol dragon/whatever definitely isn't essential for your end goal when doing these time-sensitive missions.

i can say the majority of them can be skipped if they're open areas like forest and desert; but with caves they actually have doors that can block your way for code eliminations and collects so those you do have to do.

Firehouse1983
Jul 2, 2012, 09:48 PM
they're necessary because doing some of them can increase your rank for the mission, but having a code duel/attack with a ragne/vol dragon/whatever definitely isn't essential for your end goal when doing these time-sensitive missions.

i can say the majority of them can be skipped if they're open areas like forest and desert; but with caves they actually have doors that can block your way for code eliminations and collects so those you do have to do.

Yeah, that's true, and I never really thought of it as "hey, the way is still open, lets just go"...I just saw it as a necessity and "OMFG, NICE EXP RIGHT HERRE".

@ Crimson: LOL, made my day, right there...at least he had someone to help him though. I didn't get so lucky.

Crimson Exile
Jul 2, 2012, 09:55 PM
Yeah, that's true, and I never really thought of it as "hey, the way is still open, lets just go"...I just saw it as a necessity and "OMFG, NICE EXP RIGHT HERRE".

@ Crimson: LOL, made my day, right there...at least he had someone to help him though. I didn't get so lucky.
Lol yeah. He called the guy a soldier. The funny thing is someone said " I want to help you but this PSE exp to stronk I need lvl 30."

Firehouse1983
Jul 2, 2012, 10:02 PM
" I want to help you but this PSE exp to stronk I need lvl 30."

Rofl! Oh, my...brought a tear to my eye. That is hilarious :P