PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 "New Costumes"

word2own
Jul 2, 2012, 09:19 PM
So Official release is bringing new costumes. Are they all from the FUN scratch cards? Or only obtainable if you pay real cash for? Or...?

mhjc
Jul 2, 2012, 09:20 PM
They are all Arks scratch, they were in the list of Arks scratch since Open beta started. The exceptions may be Aki, Furie and Jean's. Those weren't in the arks scratch.

word2own
Jul 2, 2012, 09:23 PM
Bleh. Oh well, thanks for the reply.

Dabian
Jul 2, 2012, 09:29 PM
I'm not sure if this is possible, but if you don't want the hassle of paying AC for them, I suppose you could wait for people to put up their unwanted costumes in the player shops. Since it's a scratch, there's bound to be cast-offs.

Zyrusticae
Jul 2, 2012, 09:31 PM
Indeed, there are going to be lots of unwanted costumes being put up for sale in shops due to the very nature of the gacha system. Eventually, probably inevitably (but not soon!), the market will be flooded with these cast-offs.

Keiko_Seisha
Jul 2, 2012, 09:34 PM
The cast-offs thing works if people don't decide to trade them in for Color Change Tickets instead of making some Maseta on them. I'm sure they'll hit the market but there is another use for them outside of wearing them.

Ex Valkyrie
Jul 2, 2012, 10:35 PM
Will there be costumes for casts that make them look more human-ish like they did in PSU? >w<

IndigoNovember
Jul 2, 2012, 11:31 PM
The cast-offs thing works if people don't decide to trade them in for Color Change Tickets instead of making some Maseta on them. I'm sure they'll hit the market but there is another use for them outside of wearing them.

The ticket only costs 1 Arks Cash Costume. Unless you have to repurchase the ticket every time you want to use the feature, this shouldn't be too big of a problem.

sugarFO
Jul 2, 2012, 11:41 PM
Exactly why people should be allowed to pick what costumes or category to spend their real money on, and not a twice as much option for costumes only. This game has quite a few problems, and that's one of them that really gets on my nerves.

Same. They would get more of my money if I could pick and choose which costume I wanted to buy. I HATE the random gachas. In ANY F2P if they have a gambling system it totally puts me off. It put me off PSU and it puts me off now. One of my few gripes about the game, though I guess nothing is perfect. We'll see!

DTwO
Jul 2, 2012, 11:46 PM
You know what really grinds my gears,the same thing that upsets the two above me xD

EDIT : FAIL."two before me"

Sizustar
Jul 3, 2012, 12:59 AM
Will there be costumes for casts that make them look more human-ish like they did in PSU? >w<

Currently, the Rappy suit and Wedding Dress is available for All Female race, so Female Cast can wear the Wedding dress.

word2own
Jul 3, 2012, 02:39 AM
Do want ;-;

http://pso2.jp/players/catalog/image/item/img/3015003.jpg

Aeris
Jul 3, 2012, 02:40 AM
Usually i want Echo's or Aki's for now, thats probably about it.

BIG OLAF
Jul 3, 2012, 02:43 AM
Same. They would get more of my money if I could pick and choose which costume I wanted to buy. I HATE the random gachas. In ANY F2P if they have a gambling system it totally puts me off. It put me off PSU and it puts me off now. One of my few gripes about the game, though I guess nothing is perfect. We'll see!

I think the most sadistic and evil part of it is how SEGA has both shops and peer-to-peer trading locked out for "non-premium" users. So, if I got something my friends wanted, and they got something I wanted, we couldn't do anything about it without buying more AC.

All we could do is sit there and mope. I don't like that setup. One of the two needs to be full-access, and not AC-only.

DTwO
Jul 3, 2012, 02:53 AM
I agree with OLAF on this but to be honest,we all know it wont happen.The only way something would change is if people actually didnt buy more Ark Cash and by the way im feeling,i think people will spend ridiculous amounts of money trying to get that 1 item.

In all honesty im not used to this much restriction in a PS game...then again the last PS game i played wasnt free to play.

RocSage
Jul 3, 2012, 03:10 AM
So maybe I'm blind but how does this Male Cast costume set (http://pso2.jp/players/catalog/image/item/illust/30x0030.jpg) differ from the current one we already have. I don't see any differences.

BIG OLAF
Jul 3, 2012, 03:11 AM
So maybe I'm blind but how does this Male Cast costume set (http://pso2.jp/players/catalog/image/item/illust/30x0030.jpg) differ from the current one we already have. I don't see any differences.

Is it a CV set? Those are visually the same, but offer color palette-swaps.

mhjc
Jul 3, 2012, 03:29 AM
I agree with OLAF on this but to be honest,we all know it wont happen.The only way something would change is if people actually didnt buy more Ark Cash and by the way im feeling,i think people will spend ridiculous amounts of money trying to get that 1 item.

In all honesty im not used to this much restriction in a PS game...then again the last PS game i played wasnt free to play.

Eh, if enough fans ask for trading at least, I think that may be included for free eventually. Trading between players won't be convenient, and usually the pay stuff is done for convenience's sake.
Yes, you could go and seek trades, but you may get someone who'll pay more if you put it up for that price and then they buy it.

Or

It could be the other way around, trading is too convenient between players directly, and force a 30% tax or something on the free MyShop version.

I'm just speculating, but I do believe we may see one of the two features become free at some point, but there will obviously be a catch or something since it'd be free...

RocSage
Jul 3, 2012, 03:50 AM
Is it a CV set? Those are visually the same, but offer color palette-swaps.

What's the point of that for cast parts? We can select all the colors we want,

BIG OLAF
Jul 3, 2012, 03:52 AM

Let me rephrase. CV parts would let you recolor things in a different pattern. The recolors would look different, and not in the same "style" as the default version. That's how they worked in PSU, at least.

iwerkout
Jul 3, 2012, 03:53 AM

Yes it is unfortunate. If you want to play a cyborg/robot/whatever you're going to have to look like one. Oh well. :-?

Galerianx
Jul 3, 2012, 04:22 AM
as i see it 5000 japanese yen to uk pounds is around £40 and u get 5150ac
so i can get
Premium Set 90 Days 3600 AC 3 months of having My Room
My Shop Premium block More fun points and item trade
Additional Mag Ticket 300 AC
Additional Character | 500 AC
Additional Skill Tree Pass | 500 AC
leaving me with just 250AC for whatever lol
so the 5150 one is better for my money i say

Sizustar
Jul 3, 2012, 04:24 AM
as i see it 5000 japanese yen to uk pounds is around £40 and u get 5150ac
so i can get
Premium Set 90 Days 3600 AC 3 months of having My Room
My Shop Premium block More fun points and item trade
Additional Mag Ticket 300 AC
Additional Character | 500 AC
Additional Skill Tree Pass | 500 AC
leaving me with just 250AC for whatever lol
so the 5150 one is better for my money i say

I'd say get the 50 additional storage...

Galerianx
Jul 3, 2012, 04:35 AM
I'd say get the 50 additional storage...
can alway do that next time you buy AC knowing me i may not get the other chat slot as i only really like playing one char on pso games have done from psov1 and v2 pso bb psu pc and xbox and now on pso2 same name same char just the way i like it

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 3, 2012, 04:55 AM

lol sega gives no fucks if you guys don't buy. for every 5 people that refuse to buy gacha but would perhaps buy one costume they want or two if that option was allowed, there's 2 guys that buy 20+ random gachas.

i don't agree with it, but it's trufax. gacha is a tried and true method of making stupid amounts of easy money

Stepper
Jul 3, 2012, 05:27 AM
I think most of the CV costumes are atrocious, so at least I won't be missing out on much.

Pic related:[SPOILER-BOX]http://pso2.jp/players/catalog/image/item/img/3010072.jpg

areyoufuckingkiddingme.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Galerianx
Jul 3, 2012, 06:15 AM
PSO2 JP: AC Content 7/4/2012

On July 4th, 2012, Phantasy Star Online 2 will sell the following items and costumes either through Scratch or directly through the AC Shop. The current list of Arks Cash content is listed on the PSO2 Catalog site. Since there’s too many to list in one blog post, this post will only highlight the more interesting content.

The AC Scratch is separated into two Gachas, the cheaper option contains boost items, costumes, hairstyles and additional voices. The AC Scratch GOLD only contains costumes.

AC Scratch: 200 AC
AC Scratch GOLD: 500 AC

http://bumped.org/psublog/category/phantasy-star-online-2/

Angelo
Jul 3, 2012, 06:49 AM
I've realized that one of the benefits of playing a male character is being in the minority.

Since the Scratchers seem to distribute both male and female clothes with equal odds there will be much more male cast-off items in the Player Shops, and most likely at a considerably lower price. Even if I get a female clothing piece by misfortune it might actually be to my benefit since I'll be able to sell it at a higher rate and possibly get more bang for my buck by buying the piece I wanted with that meseta and then some.

Gardios
Jul 3, 2012, 08:09 AM
Let me rephrase. CV parts would let you recolor things in a different pattern. The recolors would look different, and not in the same "style" as the default version. That's how they worked in PSU, at least.
Haven't played PSU, but that's how it is (/was in CBT). It's basically just a texture swap and... definitely not worth the money imo.

jooozek
Jul 3, 2012, 08:16 AM
Since the Scratchers seem to distribute both male and female clothes with equal odds there will be much more male cast-off items in the Player Shops, and most likely at a considerably lower price. Even if I get a female clothing piece by misfortune it might actually be to my benefit since I'll be able to sell it at a higher rate and possibly get more bang for my buck by buying the piece I wanted with that meseta and then some.

I thought everything from the AC scratch cards is untradeable?

Mike
Jul 3, 2012, 08:17 AM
I thought everything from the AC scratch cards is untradeable?
Most, if not all AC scratch items are tradable and sellable. Pure AC shop items are not.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 3, 2012, 08:22 AM
I'm not sure if this is possible, but if you don't want the hassle of paying AC for them, I suppose you could wait for people to put up their unwanted costumes in the player shops. Since it's a scratch, there's bound to be cast-offs.

Ya know, I never actually considered that. I figured since they were having to spend AC to get them, they couldn't be put up in the shops. I guess I may be able to get those CAST parts after all at some point.

Blackheart521
Jul 3, 2012, 08:24 AM
Ya know, I never actually considered that. I figured since they were having to spend AC to get them, they couldn't be put up in the shops. I guess I may be able to get those CAST parts after all at some point.

Expect to pay at minimum 1 million meseta per costume (probably more), sucks for Casts though cuz they gotta have 3 to get the whole set, though they do get more individuality that way ^^;

Angelo
Jul 3, 2012, 08:24 AM

It almost makes me just want to buy meseta... but that's not kosher.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 3, 2012, 08:42 AM
It almost makes me just want to buy meseta... but that's not kosher.

+^_^+ since i won't be getting AC (no PayPal makes me a sad Caseal) i made a preemptive strike and threw up anything and everything that might have value in my player shop (darn it, i forgot to put up all my room decs)+^_^+ with fewer people having access to being able to sell stuff (due to some financial limitation) prices for everything in player shops will increase across the board+^_^+ so what i put a hundred something grinders up? someone will buy them+^_^+

NoiseHERO
Jul 3, 2012, 08:49 AM
Expect to pay at minimum 1 million meseta per costume (probably more), sucks for Casts though cuz they gotta have 3 to get the whole set, though they do get more individuality that way ^^;

People were barely able to sell rare weapons at that price.

I'd say 500k the highest

Then it'll probably drop to like 50k when people get too many spares, which they will IF there's a lot of customers...

And since there's like 600,000 people playing this game or something... Yeah I wouldn't panic that much on AC scratch item prices. Though with my experience in other online games... if we were half way into this game's life span, yeah you're paying 2-5 mil+ for ANYTHING from a cash shop/gacha.

Angelo
Jul 3, 2012, 09:08 AM
+^_^+ since i won't be getting AC (no PayPal makes me a sad Caseal) i made a preemptive strike and threw up anything and everything that might have value in my player shop (darn it, i forgot to put up all my room decs)+^_^+ with fewer people having access to being able to sell stuff (due to some financial limitation) prices for everything in player shops will increase across the board+^_^+ so what i put a hundred something grinders up? someone will buy them+^_^+

I take it you're one of the 'glass half full' types, ah?...

aslan_blue
Jul 3, 2012, 09:09 AM

You can also purchase these costumes or parts from user-owned-shop with in-game currency if they have what you want.
Though you have to purchase premium package ヽ(´ー`)ノ

Blackheart521
Jul 3, 2012, 09:12 AM
You can also purchase these costumes or parts from user-owned-shop with in-game currency if they have what you want.
Though you have to purchase premium package ヽ(´ー`)ノ

You do not need premium to buy stuff in player shops, you only need it to sell stuff in player shops ^^

aslan_blue
Jul 3, 2012, 09:15 AM
You do not need premium to buy stuff in player shops, you only need it to sell stuff in player shops ^^

Yeah, I made a mistake 。・゚・(ノД`)・゚・。

Alena Zouryx
Jul 3, 2012, 09:18 AM
I heard that AC scratch-only costumes will be available for a substantial amount of AC more than the random lottery tickets. A higher price for a guaranteed outfit.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

NoiseHERO
Jul 3, 2012, 09:19 AM
I heard that AC scratch-only costumes will be available for a substantial amount of AC more than the random lottery tickets. A higher price for a guaranteed outfit.

If this is true...

And a bunch of people just buy these.

Free players are never gonna see those costumes! 8D

/starts throwing knives while making this Risa face 8D

Alena Zouryx
Jul 3, 2012, 09:35 AM
If this is true...

And a bunch of people just buy these.

Free players are never gonna see those costumes! 8D

/starts throwing knives while making this Risa face 8D

xD

I'm just curious, though, because I'd rather spend, say, 1000AC on a guaranteed wedding dress than 5000 trying to get lucky with a scratch-off.

The FUN/AC scratch window in-game had several options available (for like 1000AC, 2000AC, etc. I think), so I'm wondering if those happen to be the "guaranteed" AC-only items, or if those were just the premium package or something...

Hmn...

MasterSpark
Jul 3, 2012, 09:39 AM

This thread here on pso-world (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197148) says that there's such a thing as gold AC scratch tickets that will guarantee you an outfit of some kind. Remember that you'll still have to gamble for the outfit that you actually want.

Alena Zouryx
Jul 3, 2012, 09:40 AM
This thread here on pso-world (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197148) says that there's such a thing as gold AC scratch tickets that will guarantee you an outfit of some kind. Remember that you'll still have to gamble for the outfit that you actually want.

I'm aware of the costume-only Arks Scratch GOLD... I'm referring to an even pricier spending-of-AC to obtain a particular costume/item at a 100% chance without having to use a scratch ticket.

MasterSpark
Jul 3, 2012, 09:42 AM
I'm aware of the costume-only Arks Scratch GOLD... I'm referring to an even pricier spending-of-AC to obtain a particular costume/item at a 100% chance without having to use a scratch ticket.

Oh, sorry. I didn't read your first post in full. I'm not aware of anything like what you're looking for, but I'm sure it'd sell rather well if it was made real.

Sizustar
Jul 3, 2012, 09:44 AM

No such method, only AC Scratch or AC Scratch Gold
Beside, Sega released the rarity of each outfit for each Scratch.

Wedding Dress and Rappy suit are the most common in the AC Gold

Alena Zouryx
Jul 3, 2012, 09:46 AM
Oh, sorry. I didn't read your first post in full. I'm not aware of anything like what you're looking for, but I'm sure it'd sell rather well if it was made real.

Sure would. I probably won't spend AC on the AC scratches, even if the GOLD ones are a guaranteed costume ('cause knowing my luck, I STILL won't get the wedding corsage/dress), but I'd happily spend a bit extra to get those items, guaranteed.

Vanity items = <3

Sizustar
Jul 3, 2012, 09:47 AM
Sure would. I probably won't spend AC on the AC scratches, even if the GOLD ones are a guaranteed costume ('cause knowing my luck, I STILL won't get the wedding corsage/dress), but I'd happily spend a bit extra to get those items, guaranteed.

Vanity items = <3

Sega released Drop Rate
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197205

The Wedding dress and Crappie suit are the "common" in AC Gold, while Male cast and CA varation of default are more rare.

Dabian
Jul 3, 2012, 09:50 AM
I'm willing to pay up to 200k meseta for a white tuxedo. That's the only AC item I want atm.

And /wishful thinking...a top hat, if it ever gets released.

Zeke154
Jul 3, 2012, 09:59 AM
willing to pay 500k for the male cast set i need that armor

Blackheart521
Jul 3, 2012, 10:29 AM
I'll pay up to 1 mil for Xeno's outfit, that thing looks slick son. ^^

Gama
Jul 3, 2012, 11:22 AM
honestly all the new clothing dosent apeal to me, i just want a dam recoloring ticket! xD

The Walrus
Jul 3, 2012, 11:29 AM
How do you get recolor tickets anyway?

Sizustar
Jul 3, 2012, 11:31 AM
honestly all the new clothing dosent apeal to me, i just want a dam recoloring ticket! xD

Get a Avatar outfit, trade it in at the Colour Coupon NPC.

Deviruki
Jul 3, 2012, 11:31 AM

From what I know, either by paying for it with AC or trading in an AC costume for one.

Blackheart521
Jul 3, 2012, 11:32 AM

You trade in any AC-Scratch Outfit at the NPC shop that gives you it, it is near the shop next to the furniture shop in the Shop Lobby.

Adelheid
Jul 3, 2012, 12:21 PM
Anyone know if the suit is wearable by females?

Edit: Nevermind, it's male only.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jul 3, 2012, 12:25 PM
My only problem: Afin's costume isn't available yet.

Also I was hoping for AC outfits that weren't part of a Gacha.

AlMcFly
Jul 3, 2012, 12:26 PM
Sure the AC Scratch costumes might show up in player shops when those players don't get the costume they wanted. Guess what? They will all be list for 99,999,999 meseta. Awesome Sega.

Alenoir
Jul 3, 2012, 12:27 PM
Sure the AC Scratch costumes might show up in player shops when those players don't get the costume they wanted. Guess what? They will all be list for 99,999,999 meseta. Awesome Sega.

The tax for that is crazy. >_>

But yeah, if someone put it up for that price, no one will ever touch it.

AlMcFly
Jul 3, 2012, 12:30 PM
The tax for that is crazy. >_>

But yeah, if someone put it up for that price, no one will ever touch it.

There were already weapons in Open Beta up for that price (Anti-Material Rifle). Lots of weapons well over a million. Lessen the amount of shops there are (due to less people buying premium) and you've got a massive inflation of meseta prices.

Sizustar
Jul 3, 2012, 12:42 PM
My only problem: Afin's costume isn't available yet.

Also I was hoping for AC outfits that weren't part of a Gacha.

We'll see, there might be "event" or "holiday" outfit that are free.
Story event or Holiday(Halloween, or christmas)

Zyrusticae
Jul 3, 2012, 12:59 PM
There were already weapons in Open Beta up for that price (Anti-Material Rifle). Lots of weapons well over a million. Lessen the amount of shops there are (due to less people buying premium) and you've got a massive inflation of meseta prices.

That's not how it works.

Items will continually decrease in value as the supply increases (and it WILL increase). After accounting for inflation (an inevitability in any game where money faucets outweigh money sinks), these items will just get cheaper and cheaper to obtain.

Also, just because they're put up for those prices does NOT mean they are sold at those prices.

AlMcFly
Jul 3, 2012, 01:03 PM
That's not how it works.

Items will continually decrease in value as the supply increases (and it WILL increase). After accounting for inflation (an inevitability in any game where money faucets outweigh money sinks), these items will just get cheaper and cheaper to obtain.

Also, just because they're put up for those prices does NOT mean they are sold at those prices.

This IS how it works in simple economics as the number of suppliers reduces. It doesn't matter if supply increases as they are bottlenecked into few shops. That is the point I was making. Less suppliers --> higher markups --> the longer it takes to become affordable. Think about. Open Beta = thousands of shops. Full Release = a few hundred shops? Yep.

Sizustar
Jul 3, 2012, 01:05 PM
This IS how it works in simple economics as the number of suppliers reduces. It doesn't matter if supply increases as they are bottlenecked into few shops. That is the point I was making. Less suppliers --> higher markups --> the longer it takes to become affordable. Thinks about. Open Beta = thousands of shops. Release = a few hundred shops? Yep.

Except in Sega's PSO2 poll and other such, a large amount of player stated they will pay.
So a couple thousand per ship is still likely.

Zyrusticae
Jul 3, 2012, 01:07 PM
You're also discounting the 3-day My Shop FUN Scratch tickets, which will increase the number of suppliers dramatically.

NoiseHERO
Jul 3, 2012, 01:10 PM
You're also discounting the 3-day My Shop FUN Scratch tickets, which will increase the number of suppliers dramatically.

I kinda said this in like at least 2 other threads, I think...

And nobody paid attention.

So I say more 3-day shop tickets for me.