PDA

View Full Version : Hunter OP?!

Phantasma
Jul 2, 2012, 09:33 PM
Nah jk, just want to see what the max damage you guys have dealt in one hit. I got 7,780 ^^;
[SPOILER-BOX]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/3614/hunterop.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/4/hunterop.jpg/) Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)[/SPOILER-BOX]

mhjc
Jul 2, 2012, 09:37 PM
I haven't upgraded in forever, most I've done was 6272 with an old 2*. I'll get back to you when I get another chance for large damage, I'll probably break 7800.

PSO Addict
Jul 2, 2012, 09:38 PM
I feel like they are. I can do about 2,000 if I'm lucky with Freeze Ignition but it has a minute cooldown, and when playing with a party, everyone breaks my frozen targets before I can cast it. I am unsure if I can match them in multi-target combat at this point.

Sigmund
Jul 2, 2012, 09:42 PM
That's likely to be a hit on weak point while having Weak Bullet on. Please tell me that I'm wrong though as I play HU as well. =D

Vylera
Jul 2, 2012, 09:44 PM
Hunter damage jumps up that much?

I'm level 20 swinging around a 220-ish attack sword. My rising edge on full charge does at most about 1.8k TOTAL to enemy weak points.

Ranger is my main though...so I am rolling a fully ranger-based mag.

Though I do have vol-soul armor to compensate. I think my physical damage in my stat window is 600-650 range.

Sigmund
Jul 2, 2012, 09:51 PM
The hardest hitting single attack PA from Hunter is from Wired Lance I believe. Make it 50 fire, +10, all the +S-ATK abilities, activate Fury Stance and try to use Heavenly Fall on an exposed Antlion with weak bullet.

NoiseHERO
Jul 2, 2012, 09:56 PM
Not sure if I did a random 11k hit, or if it was two 1k hits over lapping. *Already know everyone's just going to assume it's the latter and ignore me, but that's okay too*

I know it wasn't a teammate's hit because it wasn't small and faded... But yeah I dunno.

Otherwise I dunno my highest damage, I don't think weak bullet should count though!

mhjc
That's likely to be a hit on weak point while having Weak Bullet on. Please tell me that I'm wrong though as I play HU as well. =D

Obviously, but mine isn't with fury stance on. The range is large, so I wouldn't expect a big jump out of it, but rather an extra 200 possible damage.
You should only do about 2~3k w/o weak bullet on a weak point.

Also, it is better to have attack up large buff than weak point damage up.

Phantasma
It was on a weak point on Ragune with a 50 Fire element +10'd wired lance with Vol Soul and Mutation using the Izuna Drop "Heaven Freefall" thingy (iirc). I never have Fury Stance off so include that. Also, the wire lance gear gauge. Didn't get the dmg drink though...dang. Dunno exactly how it spiked up that high when I usually hit around 3-4k on that point o.O
My ATP (打撃力) was 883 with that weap equipped but I have a max of 897 with my new weapon (1097 iirc with Fury stance on).

EDIT:
The hardest hitting single attack PA from Hunter is from Wired Lance I believe. Make it 50 fire, +10, all the +S-ATK abilities, activate Fury Stance and try to use Heavenly Fall on an exposed Antlion with weak bullet.
He called it.

What's weak bullet though? I must find this and use it....o wait...Is that another term for crit and I'm just herp derping? D:

Vylera
Jul 2, 2012, 10:03 PM
EDIT:
He called it.

What's weak bullet though? I must find this and use it.

It's a ranger skill on the left side of their skill tree. Generates a weak spot on an enemy that makes you deal roughly 3-4x more damage to that particular spot. It works on enemy natural weak spots too, so abuse it for OP damage.

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/ranger.html

Earliest you can get it is level 9 ranger. It loads into assault rifles ONLY.

EDIT:

Is heavenly fall the PA where you do a close range grab, jump up REAL high, and then mega slam something into the dust? Icon is like a tight tornado. Game's down otherwise I could just read the name myself.

gigawuts
Jul 2, 2012, 10:06 PM
My top damage is probably still the 2200 I got at level 14 or something during my first fight with ragne in the city, using heavenly fall on his weak shotted weak point (that ranger was awesome).

Phantasma
Jul 2, 2012, 10:09 PM
It's a ranger skill on the left side of their skill tree. Generates a weak spot on an enemy that makes you deal roughly 3-4x more damage to that particular spot. It works on enemy natural weak spots too, so abuse it for OP damage.

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/ranger.html

Earliest you can get it is level 9 ranger. It loads into assault rifles ONLY.

EDIT:

Is heavenly fall the PA where you do a close range grab, jump up REAL high, and then mega slam something into the dust? Icon is like a tight tornado. Game's down otherwise I could just read the name myself.

Yea that's the skill. I love it! I was so happy when I found the lvl 9 disc for it!

Ok so weak bullet has to be used by someone else in your party if you're the Hunter....got it! Any visual cues to let me know a target has been weakened so I can stalk it? XD

Vylera
Jul 2, 2012, 10:13 PM
Yea that's the skill. I love it! I was so happy when I found the lvl 9 disc for it!

Ok so weak bullet has to be used by someone else in your party if you're the Hunter....got it! Any visual cues to let me know a target has been weakened so I can stalk it? XD

BIG red target/crosshairs pops up when the target is shot. You can't miss it.

10 second time limit. Might be 15 even.

Ah ok. That Wired Lance PA is the ONLY PA I use on it. So freakin' OP.

Phantasma
Jul 2, 2012, 10:25 PM
Oh ok, I'll have to pay attention next time I'm slamming the poor Ragune. lol

Yea, I put it at the end of the PA string so I can recharge a bit of PP before the next use. But with the flying enemies that have a good bit of mobility, I use the PA where I pull myself at them and kick them or use Other Cyclone to whack other things around me that would like to prevent me from using Heavenly Fall plus get a free knockdown. :3

D-Inferno
Jul 2, 2012, 10:26 PM
That's the one that looks like Kirby's Up Throw in the Smash Bros series? Yeah, that one is awesome.

Dinosaur
Jul 2, 2012, 10:29 PM
5k divine launcher

with very bad gear

Sigmund
Jul 2, 2012, 10:29 PM
What, so you did 7k without weak bullet? You might even reach 14k with it on then.

BogusKun
Jul 2, 2012, 10:31 PM
199 hours and 19 minutes... wow.

Vylera
Jul 2, 2012, 10:34 PM

I have 155 hours on my account.

100 hours of it are me falling asleep on my keyboard time.

Phantasma
Jul 2, 2012, 10:49 PM

That pic was taken a few days ago, just decided to post it since I can't add to those hours anymore LOL

I have 155 hours on my account.

100 hours of it are me falling asleep on my keyboard time.

Dat game dedication! /trollface XD

youcantcatchtheblue
Jul 3, 2012, 12:26 AM
What, so you did 7k without weak bullet? You might even reach 14k with it on then.

probably was weak bullet since he didn't know what it looked like ;)

Phantasma
Jul 10, 2012, 12:21 AM
I haven't upgraded in forever, most I've done was 6272 with an old 2*. I'll get back to you when I get another chance for large damage, I'll probably break 7800.

Cool.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/1039/pso22012071001124546.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

gigawuts
Jul 10, 2012, 12:34 AM
My new top damage is 3398 with a non-PA sword attack on ragne's weak spot with weak bullet. I really didn't think that was possible, hell even though it looked like my damage I just assumed it was somebody else's when I saw it on the screen. Nope, checked the visiphone and there it is in my info.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 10, 2012, 12:37 AM
>199 hours and 19 minutes.
>That pic was taken a few days ago
>*posts another pic today which reads 258 hours and 20 minutes*

You sure that pic wasn't taken more than a few days ago? Between a "few days" ago from the time that first screenshot was taken and now, you expect us to believe you already put 59 hours into the game?

I'd say the first screenshot came from about a week or two ago. Regardless though, nice damage. I'll be doing that much later too when I get some better gear.

Phantasma
Jul 10, 2012, 12:40 AM
My new top damage is 3398 with a non-PA sword attack on ragne's weak spot with weak bullet. I really didn't think that was possible, hell even though it looked like my damage I just assumed it was somebody else's when I saw it on the screen. Nope, checked the visiphone and there it is in my info.

Ragne's weak point is reeeeaaaally weak so yea, with weak bullet that 3k sounds about normal with a sword. Just spam PAs when you see weak bullet and and marvel at the random results :-)

>199 hours and 19 minutes.
>That pic was taken a few days ago
>*posts another pic today which reads 258 hours and 20 minutes*

You sure that pic wasn't taken more than a few days ago? Between a "few days" ago from the time that first screenshot was taken and now, you expect us to believe you already put 59 hours into the game?

I'd say the first screenshot came from about a week or two ago. Regardless though, nice damage. I'll be doing that much later too when I get some better gear.
The pic was taken a few (3ish?) days ago from the post, which was about a week ago? idk not really into specifics. Yes, I expect you to believe that I put 59 hours into the game between then and now. Don't really know what you're getting at there. I don't know how to photoshop so the pictures are legit. I have no life, no job, but a girl is talking to me so I'm about to fall to 2/3 on the perfect loser rating. :/

EDIT: aaaand I'm about to have two jobs so make that 1/3. ://////

CORRECTION: According to FRAPS, the picture in the first post was taken July 2nd @ 2:34pm so it was mere hours before the post. However, I first took a picture of the dmg on July 1st at 11:53pm, when I had 185 hours logged into the game so I mixed myself up on the days due to that first picture.

Ryo
Jul 10, 2012, 12:45 AM
Mine is at 5,066. Not sure how to get higher than that, just wrong circumstances I guess.

Phantasma
Jul 10, 2012, 12:54 AM
Mine is at 5,066. Not sure how to get higher than that, just wrong circumstances I guess.

up dat ATP :D

gigawuts
Jul 11, 2012, 02:10 PM
I have no idea when I did it or against what enemy, but I do remember seeing it and scoffing at the idea of it being my damage.

My new top damage is 7855, with the same +8 vol scale I've had since open beta B)

It was probably on either a banshee or bantha.

jooozek
Jul 11, 2012, 02:20 PM
6663 as a ranger, not bad, huh?
[SPOILER-BOX]http://sadpanda.us/images/1074158-WBF1L20.png[/SPOILER-BOX]