PDA

View Full Version : NA able to play JP PSO2?

iSnowPro
Jul 2, 2012, 09:44 PM
do we need to change our IP address's or no? can we just download and able to play on the official servers?

Vylera
Jul 2, 2012, 09:45 PM
Before people start trolling you I'll answer in a humane way.

You can just download and play. No VPNs or any nonsense needed.

ZIE creations
Jul 2, 2012, 09:46 PM
There are no IP bans yet, been playin' Open Beta and loving it! I doubt there will be any either because to SEGA that is lost money...

Halcyote
have you been on these forums in the past month or so?

are you really that new?

iSnowPro
alright thank you.

DemonMike
All NA players have been banned. Sakai stated in a recent tweet "終わった、米国!日本縁今始まる!"

Vylera
Jul 2, 2012, 09:47 PM

are you really that new?

7 posts.

Joined July 2012.

Probably just heard about the game.

iSnowPro
Jul 2, 2012, 09:47 PM
yeah just got a account today. so kind of out of the loop with PSO news last time i looked into the info i was reading about the PS Vita announcement

Halcyote
Jul 2, 2012, 09:49 PM
7 posts.

Joined July 2012.

Probably just heard about the game.

a lot of people lurk before they join js

iSnowPro
Jul 2, 2012, 09:50 PM
nope not me i played PSU for about 5 years on and off so since i quit i really havent been on the forums.

Vylera
Jul 2, 2012, 09:50 PM
a lot of people lurk before they join js

It's pretty apparent from the thread topic that he's not one of those.

Firehouse1983
Jul 2, 2012, 09:53 PM
Speaking of a Vita announcement...I'm kinda, sorta, waiting on one too...heh. Hell, it's pretty much the ONLY reason why I want a Vita.

Sigmund
Jul 2, 2012, 09:54 PM
If there's a NA release, do you think they'll ban IPs just so there won't be a conflicting market?

iSnowPro
Jul 2, 2012, 09:56 PM
i have a Vita already so, just hoping for a US annoucment. if they announce a xbox version ill get that but ill be all about the portable if not.

Firehouse1983
Jul 2, 2012, 10:03 PM
i have a Vita already so, just hoping for a US annoucment. if they announce a xbox version ill get that but ill be all about the portable if not.

I don't have a Vita yet, but I plan on buying one, if they do make a NA PSO2 announcement for it.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 2, 2012, 11:13 PM
If there's a NA release
Enjoy your updates coming in 12+ months behind Japan, poor support, hacks out the wazoo like PSU(lolgameguard), and a slow, premature death like PSU.

Sure, there will be hacks in JP-PSO2... but the culprit will most likely speak Japanese, and I won't know they are hacks even if he told me in his Language like our North American brethren so LOVED doing. I guess ignorance is bliss.

Sigmund
Jul 2, 2012, 11:24 PM
Enjoy your updates coming in 12+ months behind Japan, poor support, hacks out the wazoo like PSU(lolgameguard), and a slow, premature death like PSU.

Sure, there will be hacks in JP-PSO2... but the culprit will most likely speak Japanese, and I won't know they are hacks even if he told me in his Language like our North American brethren so LOVED doing. I guess ignorance is bliss.
All this is meaningless if they block your IP. Sure, you can try to get a free proxy - but I've had enough bad history with it that I don't want to try ever again.

Cla
Jul 2, 2012, 11:33 PM
There are no IP bans yet, been playin' Open Beta and loving it! I doubt there will be any either because to SEGA that is lost money...I don't know. If Sega decides to release a US version afterall, then IP bans on the JP version could be very likely. The exact reason consoles have region locks is because the companies want you to buy the game for your own region.

LK1721
Jul 2, 2012, 11:44 PM
I don't know. If Sega decides to release a US version afterall, then IP bans on the JP version could be very likely. The exact reason consoles have region locks is because the companies want you to buy the game for your own region.
Well, did Sega ever bother IP Banning on JP PSU? Then again, even if they didn't, that could change with this game's release... I certainly hope not though.

Rei-San
Jul 3, 2012, 12:46 AM
The only way I can ever see this getting fixed in a way that everyone can be happy is to merge the servers.

Servers in SoA and SoE and merge with SoJ so we can all play together, and also increase the ship size so that there won't be an overload of players. (We don't want block 21 to vanish again, lol). Then they can just update the current client to be in all available languages, and even put an english option in that language select on the JPN version that we found.

We wont be behind on updates because everyone of every country will all be be using the same client, update the client and we get the new items, stages, stories, ect. Would hate for those Maximum Attacks to be japan only like most of them.

And sega can just go ahead and enforce the rules and ban trouble players, hackers, and cybering (Cause you know that they will be there.)

Maybe a long shot, but I've been seing too much effort on the english language in this game compaired to the others in the series. Like the typing.

--------------------
I noticed that my w
ords don't get cut o
ff like in PSU and P
-------------------

------------
PSO used to.
------------

That and the english credits...

Kimil Adrayne
Jul 3, 2012, 02:01 AM

are you really that new?

Don't be a penis.

CultOfPersonality
Jul 3, 2012, 02:48 AM
They will merge the servers, it's being worked on right now. There is an English translation in the works. The twitter feed slowed down for a reason. They didn't make a daily game list and all of a sudden a few days prior to the announcement, stop dead in their tracks and say "Welp, we're gonna randomly not announce the next game, no reasons ya know just 100% coincidence.

Also Edward said the following:

"The twitter timeline has been clogged due to reasons."

And also that:

PSP2 will appear on the twitter timeline. The twitter timeline has been clogged due to reasons.

I will definitely make it up to you by posting the most awesome PSP2 screens and making super-cryptic comments about them.

---

Edward is a smooth cocky operator, so I expect it to not be so super cryptic anyway. So I think we're about to get good news.

However, I know I'm being a self downer, but if they do release the NA the same time or roughly a week later, that is a big WAM BAM THANK YOU MAAM sudden implication. Some people don't even know about it at all and an announcement that would happen so sudden, would have no build up at all.

So I'm not exactly sure how they're going to do it, but I whole heartedly believe it's going to be great news this week.

CultOfPersonality
Jul 3, 2012, 02:49 AM
Yes, I am a fan boy.

Hucast-Kireek
Jul 3, 2012, 02:57 AM
I'm still wondering if the update that reversed the ship's order is the last update i needed to play the upcoming july 4.

Also will we be stuck on the ship we selected or will we be able to choose a new one if we wanted?

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 3, 2012, 03:01 AM
Unless there's some Ninja JP server idk about...

Everyone whether play on 360,PC, or PS2 all play on the same server(s) US,JP,EU,etc all together on ffxi an that game been out for 10 years -.- Don't know why SEGA doesn't do that....

Darki
Jul 3, 2012, 03:08 AM
I've gotten already used to JP servers somehow, NA servers are going to suck in terms of community, updates and support, and probably be closed two years before the JP servers. Even if I hadn't a character already in JP PSO2 I wouldn't even think about it. I actually like the fact that going into the JP servers might act as a "reterd-proof" test and clean the servers of a good deal of ppeople that would just be annoying.

In any case, I was kinda expecting the game just to "expand" the servers to the rest of the world. That would be fine and I don't see why wouldn't they do that considering that there's a huge foreign community in the game already.