PDA

View Full Version : If we can pay with American Express....

ChronoTrigga
Jul 3, 2012, 05:28 AM
Why come there no American / Euro release announcements? Sad CT is sad CT. :(

NoiseHERO
Jul 3, 2012, 05:38 AM
Because edward and SEGA aren't done laughing at us, watching us beg for it!

Hayde
Jul 3, 2012, 05:45 AM
Because: https://www.americanexpress.com/japan/

Despite Amex having its origins (presumably) in America--I didn't actually check wiki or do any research, but my point is...people do use the card service in Japan; just like how Visa, Master Card, and so forth aren't Japanese credit card companies by nature--it's international.

It's too early to ask why there's isn't an NA/EU announcement; the game is not going live for another 1-2 days depending where you live. If you look back at previous PSO/PSU/PS games--a few games came out within the same month, but most took at least 6-12 months for localization. There has never been an international PSO game release and it does not look like this will one change anything either.

Add in the fact this one has voice dialogue--which I don't remember PSO or PSU having, and they're definitely going to spend more time on translation. There are very few Japanese titles that actually get translated as the original one is being worked on; most don't start localization until the JP version is released (SE games typically are an exception).

Priest
Jul 3, 2012, 07:04 AM
Noo, I don't want dubs! Just give me subs or change the chat box to English. I'm already in love with Lisas voice and no one could replace her.

Scale of Judgment
Jul 3, 2012, 09:12 AM
Noo, I don't want dubs! Just give me subs or change the chat box to English. I'm already in love with Lisas voice and no one could replace her.

Of course, you can go with this English version...muahahah
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF0aqay1kc4&feature=player_detailpage#t=282s

jOhMG
Jul 3, 2012, 09:19 AM
English text would be just fine. If you want Dubs then just use your imagination. With that they can have the voices of anyone from Mr. Bean to that of the bum bugging you for change.

The only reason I wouldn't even mind English text is so i can no what the hell is going on. I'd be perfectly fine with the menus and everything else remaining in Japanese.