PDA

View Full Version : I'm on the edge about all this...

KiroMatic
Jul 3, 2012, 05:32 AM
I'm A bit on the Edge about all this I mean I LOVE the PSO series but if I have to pay to do almost anything that's not key game mechanic then I honestly don't know about this.

I mean I feel like making new characters (at least 1), getting multiple MAGS, and trading should be available for Free for everyone since they seem like basic game mechanics.

I understand having to pay certain trinkets for you're room/characters or to re-design your chars, a funky weapon shop, buy sweet looking costumes I mean I STILL pay endless amounts of cash buying Skins for my League of Legends Champions even though I barely play the game anymore xD

I just feel that maybe SEGA might be underestimating how much people would want to buy a sweet designed weapon/costume.

Anyways I'm done ranting. ^^

Ogni-XR21
Jul 3, 2012, 05:36 AM
So, just imagine you paid 60 bucks for the game and live down from that... should get you quite some stuff.

Bradders
Jul 3, 2012, 05:42 AM
I have to disagree this game shows what a F2P game should be none of that pay to win crap it's like segas way of saying thanks and now we have to say thanks by giving them our hard earned cash.

MoonlightMyau
Jul 3, 2012, 05:58 AM
I'm A bit on the Edge about all this I mean I LOVE the PSO series but if I have to pay to do almost anything that's not key game mechanic then I honestly don't know about this.

I mean I feel like making new characters (at least 1), getting multiple MAGS, and trading should be available for Free for everyone since they seem like basic game mechanics.
I understand having to pay certain trinkets for you're room/characters or to re-design your chars, a funky weapon shop, buy sweet looking costumes I mean I STILL pay endless amounts of cash buying Skins for my League of Legends Champions even though I barely play the game anymore xD

I just feel that maybe SEGA might be underestimating how much people would want to buy a sweet designed weapon/costume.

I disagree, I don't think additional characters or mags are *game mechanics* at all. They were nice features in previous PS games that we had to pay for and/or pay a monthly fee for.

My only gripe about this system is not being able to just give somebody something I neither need nor want.

However, over the PSO & PSU years I have known many people who have had to quit playing because they cannot afford the monthly fee. Or they've had to take alternate months playing and not playing. At least now people in positions like that can still play the free game Sega has given us and letting us play it online for free (and are not kicking & banning us from their servers before an international version has been announced).

MiaRitz
Jul 3, 2012, 07:37 AM

God, I know! These game companies need to keep making these awesome games for free without always trying to make us pay for stuff, god! It's like theyre trying to make living or something!

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 3, 2012, 07:43 AM
Carefull, Tim Langdell will come after you for using the word "edge".

Jungo Torii
Jul 3, 2012, 07:44 AM
From what I've seen, the path Sega is taking here is much better than a lot of F2P games. Even though the exclusion of trading from free players is a little ridiculous, most of the important things in game really aren't affected by spending any real money.

As far as F2P games go, I believe Sega is being pretty generous here already, so...nope. I don't agree with your sentiment.

Zyrusticae
Jul 3, 2012, 08:43 AM
God, I know! These game companies need to keep making these awesome games for free without always trying to make us pay for stuff, god! It's like theyre trying to make living or something!
Heehee.

Put it here, buddy!

http://laurenoutloud.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/hi.jpg

jOhMG
Jul 3, 2012, 08:48 AM
Why complain? They give us an amazing game that you can utilize 90% of the content for free and people still want more.
The developer has to make money somewhere or else the game would die and their would be no updates.
You mentioned LoL which is a good example. Without people buying skins which do not put you ahead of the game whatsoever, it would be stagnant. No new characters, no events, NOTHING.
This is pretty much the same aspect. You aren't given an advantage over anyone else by buying things. It just makes you stand out and proudly be able to say "Hey, I supported this game and this is what Sega REWARDED me with"

Scale of Judgment
Jul 3, 2012, 09:22 AM
Of course when we have a lot of the content is free and we can progress through it. We look to the priced parts of it that we can't obtain.
But pso2 is a good game even if you don't invest money in it...It is enough of a good game that I may invest on the goodies at a later point.

acier
Jul 3, 2012, 09:52 AM
Didn't we have to "pay" for additional characters in PSO by buying additional VMUs?

GoldenFalcon
Jul 3, 2012, 10:00 AM
[spoiler-box]http://laurenoutloud.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/hi.jpg[/spoiler-box]

That is one tiny hand

Who has hands that tiny

Alena Zouryx
Jul 3, 2012, 10:10 AM
That is one tiny hand

Who has hands that tiny

http://www.moviespad.com/photos/kristen-wiig-snl-tiny-hands-b02fe.jpg

Inaruna
Jul 3, 2012, 10:40 AM
My only gripe about this system is not being able to just give somebody something I neither need nor want.Pretty sure you can use a premium player as a middle man for that.

jooozek
Jul 3, 2012, 10:43 AM
How exactly? From what I gathered both players need to have the trading enabled.

supervamp78
Jul 3, 2012, 10:45 AM
They can still make money and allow people to create multi characters,trade, and multi mags for free those are game mechanics and are not what a f2p should hold back.It should be cosmectic only not hindering the game itself.

ciroth
Jul 3, 2012, 11:13 AM
You get a 2nd mag for free eventually =P

jooozek
Jul 3, 2012, 11:14 AM
You get a 2nd mag for free eventually =P
From where? A quest?

Deviruki
Jul 3, 2012, 11:27 AM
So, just imagine you paid 60 bucks for the game and live down from that... should get you quite some stuff.

This. The game's already free, I don't mind paying a little bit of money for a few things.

supervamp78
Jul 3, 2012, 11:41 AM
it urks me a bit that if i wanna play more then one race at a time id have to be on two different accounts it reminds me of mabiongi.Which you could lose a lot of money that way. Id honestly be fine if it was just cosmectic stuff but i guess its whatever. I'm sure by time we it gets to america theyll change some stuff.

Ryo
Jul 3, 2012, 11:48 AM
My only issue is with the gatcha. It's very expensive for what it is, especially if you're after costumes. I would've preferred all costumes be standalone purchases, as opposed to a gamble.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 3, 2012, 11:59 AM
The question is, would you prefer ArkScratch Gold (costume-only) for 5 dollars each try, or paying a flat 20+ dollars for one outfit

supervamp78
Jul 3, 2012, 12:00 PM
Paying 1000 arks for each gacha

RedRaz0r
Jul 3, 2012, 12:44 PM
it urks me a bit that if i wanna play more then one race at a time id have to be on two different accounts it reminds me of mabiongi.Which you could lose a lot of money that way. Id honestly be fine if it was just cosmectic stuff but i guess its whatever. I'm sure by time we it gets to america theyll change some stuff.

hehe I wouldn't count on that...

Gully Foyle
Jul 3, 2012, 01:07 PM
In a game like League of Legends you have to play for some 30-40 hours just to unlock a new character, and literally hundreds of hours to make use of the extremely important game mechanic the Rune system.

PSO2 is heaven compared to many other F2P games out there.

dilakri87
Jul 3, 2012, 01:31 PM

In this game, EVERYONE can get EVERYTHING, item wise, level wise and content wise... exept for cosmetics.
More characters, mags and trading are not core game mechanics.

People should stop comparing games, that are not similar to the slightest!

Sega is doing a fine job with this system. You pay, if you want to reach your goals earlier. Time is money as we know it :)

Ogni-XR21
Jul 3, 2012, 03:00 PM

A new character costs 6 bucks, spare yourself a few burgers and you're done.

moorebounce
Jul 3, 2012, 03:11 PM
I'm okay with whats going on so far. I mean you're paying to increase your luck at grinding and getting EXP and the such. Once they get away from finding your own stuff or buying the good stuff from meseta shops then I'll just stop playing it.

That sounded good in my head when I thought it up lol

Ryo
Jul 3, 2012, 03:12 PM
The question is, would you prefer ArkScratch Gold (costume-only) for 5 dollars each try, or paying a flat 20+ dollars for one outfit

Honestly? I'd rather pay 20 and guarantee I'm getting what I want. As it stands I could end up paying 50 to get one outfit I actually want.

I should note that I play Champions Online as well and have no qualms about forking over cash for the costumes I want.

BahnKnakyu
Jul 3, 2012, 03:40 PM
Everyone's missing the point that the OP has made, and which I entirely agree with. F2P is fine. Charging for cosmetics is fine. What the OP has issue with is charging for key game mechanics that were previously part of the game. It's like charging $10 in an F2P to attack - a lot of these mechanics are essential - Sega could easily make money sticking to just the cosmetic stuff and charging reasonable amounts.

I'm completely fine with Sega charging money for it, and the OP is saying the same thing. Basic stuff like an experience booster or a meseta booster is great - it just helps you get to the end faster - you're buying "time". What I DON'T like is 1) Hiding the cosmetic items through a gambling system (why can't I just directly buy the items?) and 2) Charging exorbitant prices for basic game mechanics and locking player trade to a "premium" model.

I know why they're doing what they're doing - they need to make money, but I think it would be much more consumer friendly if they adjusted the system so the prices for certain things weren't bloody murder. I'm more than willing to buy stuff, but the way Sega's going about it IMO isn't right.

What I'm worried about is that this will set a precedent for Sega to charge money for additional game MECHANICS and to place even more "fun stuff" behind the AC Scratch wall. It's somewhat like an EA/Activision scenario, but to a lesser extent.

PSU JP's GC was even worse - Sega actually toned it down from what JP GC was, which was pay2win, and it does show Sega has learned their lesson from PSU. I do think they need to make modifications to what's in their AC system, because I've played another action-based F2P game called Global Agenda, and I think (minus the droprate booster) the F2P in that was fair.

It just bugs me that The Sega Defense Force is already out in full swing before the game even starts. I think the OP has a valid complaint; people are interpreting that the OP wants the game for free - he doesn't. He wants the game at a reasonable price. In the long run a typical player will end up spending much more money on the game ($16.50/month for the ability to trade and a room?) because of the current setup, and of course that is obviously Sega's intent.

However, I think it would be just better consumer practice if they didn't hide the extras behind the Gacha and straight up let us buy what we want DIRECTLY at reasonable prices. I'd be ok with paying for the cosmetic stuff at $3-$6 a pop, for example, and the even more unnecessary things to be $2-$5 a pop. And it's not that I can't afford this stuff - it's jsut the principle of the matter. There's almost no pay2win compared to PSU F2P, but Sega's now gone onto the other side of the spectrum, where you now have pay2usebasicmechanics, which is equally as annoying.

Nu Lo Yin
Jul 3, 2012, 03:46 PM
You can do every mission that those who pay can. You can find every weapon, rares, and items that those who pay can. You have the ability of buying from other players stores. You can go to the makeup counter and change hair color, and other such basic stuff on your character. So whats so bad about keeping it free? You just dont get to sell on a store, or have your own room pretty much. And why do you need AC? There really is nothing you really need to have.

So, really there is no need to complain.

Blackheart521
Jul 3, 2012, 03:56 PM
($16.50/month for the ability to trade and a room?)

You get more than just that with premium

You get

Trading
My Room
My Shop
Premium Blocks
Double FUN
300 extra storage slots

Thats not too bad ^^

Vylera
Jul 3, 2012, 03:58 PM
The only douchey move SEGA made was making mags a cash shop item.

In PSO1/BB you could just pick them up.

I'm still going to buy one because they don't cost a whole hell of a lot. Honestly though, buying 2 mags to have enough for every class is still cheaper than buying an entire game.

You can do a CRAP ton with 4000 AC, which is roughly $50 USD, which is less than I payed for Diablo 3 and the same price as new console games (for Nintento systems).

The best part? You don't even need any of it. You're not forced to pay ahead of time and wonder if you're even going to play the game long term. I've played 155 hours without needing anything besides what the game does by default.

155 hours is longer than I've spent on any console game that's come out after 2005.

EDIT: And the only reason why the prices are "bad" is because the USD is weak. Blame our government, not SEGA.

Zyrusticae
Jul 3, 2012, 04:08 PM
Everyone's missing the point that the OP has made, and which I entirely agree with. F2P is fine. Charging for cosmetics is fine. What the OP has issue with is charging for key game mechanics that were previously part of the game.
>key game mechanics

>my room, trading, my shop

>compares above three to the ability to attack

:wacko:

supervamp78
Jul 3, 2012, 04:12 PM
>key game mechanics

>my room, trading, my shop

>compares above three to the ability to attack

:wacko:

trading,player owned shops and being able to create more then one character are game mechincs which are in most games even f2p free.My room maybe not but even then all that would cost would be the items youd want inside.

A new character costs 6 bucks, spare yourself a few burgers and you're done.

Thatd be easy if everyone could easily find the time to put money on a card or get money to buy online

And please there are better f2p systems then this.

Vylera
Jul 3, 2012, 04:42 PM
trading,player owned shops and being able to create more then one character are game mechincs which are in most games even f2p free.My room maybe not but even then all that would cost would be the items youd want inside.

You can freely change between every class at any time and modify the looks of your character (to an extent) for FREE.

Most F2P games don't give you that option.

PSO2 is also one of those games where you can make a living off of selling things to the NPC. Honestly, every run I do I come back with 5-15k meseta, and they take < 10 minutes per.

You aren't restricted from buying from other people's myshops, so it's not like you're confined to a tiny little corner of loneliness.

I'm not saying this is the PERFECT model for running F2P. I'm just saying you can't look at only one side of the story.

Everything is give and take. No game's made perfect.

Zyrusticae
Jul 3, 2012, 04:52 PM
Everything is give and take. No game's made perfect.
Precisely.

Especially in the capitalist system we live in now; every game, every company, every business has to be tuned to make a profit. A lot of folks in here seem to really dislike anything that reminds them that we live in a capitalist world where companies have capitalist aims more often than not. It's hard not to get the impression that folks simply want everything, right now, at no cost, which is just not going to happen for abundantly obvious reasons.

And of course, some folks will value some aspects of the game a LOT more than other folks will, so it's not like SEGA will ever be able to win over everybody. Just not happening.

Ezodagrom
Jul 3, 2012, 08:03 PM
It just bugs me that The Sega Defense Force is already out in full swing before the game even starts. I think the OP has a valid complaint; people are interpreting that the OP wants the game for free - he doesn't. He wants the game at a reasonable price. In the long run a typical player will end up spending much more money on the game ($16.50/month for the ability to trade and a room?) because of the current setup, and of course that is obviously Sega's intent.
This has been said many times before, blame the conversion rates, not SEGA. The prices are set for the Japanese players, not us outsiders.

I used this example before, complaining about the premium price being over $16 is like an US player wanting to buy a 60€ console game from Europe and complaining about the game being too expensive (60€ is around $75), even though 60€ is the standard price for console games in Europe.

KiroMatic
Jul 3, 2012, 11:12 PM
OKAY I think EVERY FUCKING PERSON MISUNDERSTOOD WHAT I WAS TRYING TO SAY WITH MY POST WAY TO GO GUYS YOU JUST PROVED WHY THE INTERNET IS A PRIVILEGE NOT A RIGHT

anyways what I was trying to say is...

I understand that they are business and that they are being very generous by letting everyone and anyone play there game.

But I just don't like that now every single path I take there is going to be a split and the choices are

Don't pay and take the long, complicated, and annoying route or Pay and get the easy access to everything and anything It's shitty Diablo 3 Inferno Mode all over again.

get to inferno mode EVERYTHING is IMPOSSIBLE to kill without BUYING shit with REAL MONEY from the cash booth thing.

let it be known that I have never played a PS game Online (besides private servers for like a few short months) because of the monthly fee since credit cards are not an option for myself at the moment.

I just think that it's stupid that I can't switch to a force because if I do my MAG will be useless Unless I BUY another one and I can't make a new character because I have to BUY them so basically I am stuck with 1 character under 1 type for my WHOLE experience through the game.

Vylera
Jul 3, 2012, 11:19 PM
OKAY I think EVERY FUCKING PERSON MISUNDERSTOOD WHAT I WAS TRYING TO SAY WITH MY POST WAY TO GO GUYS YOU JUST PROVED WHY THE INTERNET IS A PRIVILEGE NOT A RIGHT

I understand that they are business and that they are being very generous by letting everyone and anyone play there game.

But I just don't like that now every single path I take there is going to be a split and the choices are

Don't pay and take the long, complicated, and annoying route or Pay and get the easy access to everything and anything It's shitty Diablo 3 Inferno Mode all over again.

get to inferno mode EVERYTHING is IMPOSSIBLE to kill without BUYING shit with REAL MONEY from the cash booth thing.

let it be known that I have never played a PS game Online (besides private servers for like a few short months) because of the monthly fee since credit cards are not an option for myself at the moment.

I just think that it's stupid that I can't switch to a force because if I do my MAG will be useless Unless I BUY another one and I can't make a new character because I have to BUY them so basically I am stuck with 1 character under 1 type for my WHOLE experience through the game.

My hunter has gone 20 levels without a mag.

She does more damage than my ranger with a level 70 mag, almost pure shooting (15 ability).

Game doesn't force you to do anything.

Oh by the way, ranger's level 20 too.

Tenks_Brief
Jul 3, 2012, 11:24 PM

Off-topic:
Wait people still play mabinogi i thought it died with all the hacking and duping and stuff

On-Topic:I have played lots of F2P games and IMO this system seems to be the best so far or at least one of the best

KiroMatic
Jul 3, 2012, 11:32 PM
My hunter has gone 20 levels without a mag.

She does more damage than my ranger with a level 70 mag, almost pure shooting (15 ability).

Game doesn't force you to do anything.

Oh by the way, ranger's level 20 too.

good for you...anyways I may have over reacted but I was severely hurt and surprised how many people thought I was saying I wanted the game and everything in it completely free no question asked.

which of course I wasn't I am terribly embarrassed to call/say I am apart of the PSO-world community after what I just experienced.

Well whatever I guess not EVERYONE was against me but still like wtf.

UnLucky
Jul 3, 2012, 11:33 PM
You can freely change between every class at any time and modify the looks of your character (to an extent) for FREE.

Most F2P games don't give you that option.
You can have a character of every class in many free to play games, and character customization is usually costumes, which you can freely change whenever you like, which is equivalent to what you can change in PSO2 (hair color is locked, btw).

Everything is give and take. No game's made perfect.Precisely.

So you accept that it isn't perfect and there's something to complain about, yet you act surprised when anyone voices a complaint.

mhjc
Jul 3, 2012, 11:38 PM

Many players here, including me, have used mediocre weapons and get by fine, I used a lv12 weapon to carry me to lv30. If you want to overpower everything, you can just upgrade your weapon on your own, it isn't hard.

Why are you complaining that things are charged when you never paid before since you lack the ability to acquire a CC? You should be thankful you can enjoy the game.

There's nothing stopping you from switching to a force character, it doesn't cost anything to switch class. Oh, my mag isn't for force and I do lower damage than a dedicate mag, but that's fine, I can still do damage. I'm not useless, and I fit in with many parties.

If you really want to have 1 mag for free per character, make another account. If you want convenience, pay for it.

Zyrusticae
Jul 3, 2012, 11:50 PM
So you accept that it isn't perfect and there's something to complain about, yet you act surprised when anyone voices a complaint.
No, I take umbrage whenever someone complains about something that is seriously trivial and/or actually quite reasonable.

The prices are more than sane. I don't like the gacha stuff myself, but hey, look at that, I don't spam the forums with endless whining over it because I JUST DON'T USE IT. OH, WHAT A CONCEPT! :-o

When people complain about the price of blatant luxury entertainment products like this I cannot help but deeply roll my eyes at it all. It betrays a lack of understanding of how the market system works (hint: things are priced at points where people will buy them!), or a lack of funds (if you're THAT hard-up on cash, stop buying new video games!), or a lack of priorities (maybe the problem isn't the company, but the market system?), or some combination of all three.

It's even more irritating when considering that, frankly, people are spoiled rotten on their entertainment choices. You have oodles and oodles of free video on Youtube, endless hours of entertainment that did not exist just five years ago, and there are tons of cheaply available video games that are just as good as anything released during the heyday of the 16-bit era... but people choose to whine and moan and complain about the price of a non-essential premium service for a bloody online video game! Not that I like sounding like the "get off my lawn!" guy, but really? Not only are these prices more than reasonable (especially after accounting for inflation, something video game prices have been largely ignoring to the detriment of video game companies the world over and is also at least partially responsible for the rise of F2P), but the restrictions are so light that it is actually quite trivial to play the game without spending a dime, and people are STILL bitching about it?!

Hey, here's a suggestion for you (in general): If you can't afford to buy video games, DON'T PLAY THEM. You are not entitled to anything for free. Pirate all your video games? Play nothing but F2P games without buying a single thing? Congratulations, you are a leech and a parasite and are contributing nothing at all to the developers who created the games you so dearly enjoy! I hope your conscience burns with guilt for all the good you've done.

Far too many great developers have fallen because of crap like this. Fork up or GTFO, that's the name of the game (re: capitalism)! Can't fork up? Better quit while you're ahead! And maybe focus on more important issues... y'know, something more important than video games? Something responsible for your lacking financial state and/or inability to recognize the value of good things?

Or maybe you could convince me that you, for whatever reason, actually deserve lower prices, or that lower prices would actually benefit SEGA in some way? Y'know, something other than "I WANT IT CHEAP", which is all I'm getting from this thread? I'm waiting. :sleep:

UnLucky
Jul 3, 2012, 11:51 PM
If you want the convenience of not having to create an entirely new character and level it up from scratch because you played normally, you gotta pay for it.

If the new patch changes the dynamics of your character unexpectedly rendering your old build useless, pay us money.

If you want to TRADE with other players, pay us a monthly fee greater than most P2P subscriptions (and convince them to do so as well).

If you want to upgrade a rare piece of gear without having played for months to amass FUN AND get lucky, pay us money. Lots of money because grinding insurance is completely random.

If you want silly little cosmetic changes that change absolutely nothing, pay us lots and lots of money because everything is completely randomized.

Zyrusticae
Jul 4, 2012, 12:00 AM
If you want the convenience of not having to create an entirely new character and level it up from scratch because you played normally, you gotta pay for it.
Yeah, 6 bucks. BIG WHOOP. I am somehow failing to care.

If the new patch changes the dynamics of your character unexpectedly rendering your old build useless, pay us money.
6 bucks again. Also extremely unlikely. Still failing to care.

If you want to TRADE with other players, pay us a monthly fee greater than most P2P subscriptions (and convince them to do so as well).
The price is not a fault of SEGA at all, but the fault of the strong YEN and weak USD. Also, one dollar and change extra? This is the sound of me failing to care: :sleep:

If you want to upgrade a rare piece of gear without having played for months to amass FUN AND get lucky, pay us money. Lots of money because grinding insurance is completely random.
Oh really?

First, you don't need to grind your gear.

Secondly, you get craptons of grinders just for playing normally.

Thirdly, rares have a lower chance of grinding success than common items by design. Knowing this, if you STILL decide to try the grinding game on them, it's all on you! Own up to your own faulty decisions.

If you want silly little cosmetic changes that change absolutely nothing, pay us lots and lots of money because everything is completely randomized.Orrr you could let other folks with excessive amounts of disposible income do that for you, while putting up all the stuff they don't want (and there will be lots of it!) up for sale in their shops. :-?

(For the record: Gachas are crap, but you never have to use them and people WILL put the items up for sale eventually. I would prefer direct costume purchases, but it's still far from a game-breaker.)

Lord Yurka
Jul 4, 2012, 12:04 AM
I feel that people complain about the gachas as if they don't understand that that is a huge part of the culture and just because it isn't huge here, it isn't a bad idea.

UnLucky
Jul 4, 2012, 12:14 AM
You know what I like? Inventory expansions are permanent. Scape dolls, mags, and skill trees can be purchased directly from the shop. That is good. I would pay money for that.

I did pay money for Rift, and they let you change your skill trees as many times as you liked. Want to try out a new ability? Sure, go for it. It sucks? Oh well, pay some gold and reset it. Want to switch from tank to dps or solo to aoe? It's free every time- not even costing in game currency except to buy extra trees the one time.

Also extremely unlikely. Still failing to care.
Extremely unlikely that changes will be made, level caps increased, and skills added? Like Light, Dark, and Wind tech trees?

You don't need to use gear at all. Or block. Or even attack! You can just coast along with the rest of your party and let them do everything. Grinding your weapon easily doubles your effectiveness, you can't be serious. And finding grinders is not the issue here, it's the risk reduction premium items that make upgrading way easier.

And no, the subscription fee is not all conversion rate. Even with the Premium sub, basic features are still restricted from you unless you pay more. All of it is on top of the cash shop, so if you stick with the game for a long time it gets way more expensive than any pay-up-front and subscription based game.

KiroMatic
Jul 4, 2012, 12:21 AM
No, I take umbrage whenever someone complains about something that is seriously trivial and/or actually quite reasonable.

The prices are more than sane. I don't like the gacha stuff myself, but hey, look at that, I don't spam the forums with endless whining over it because I JUST DON'T USE IT. OH, WHAT A CONCEPT! :-o

When people complain about the price of blatant luxury entertainment products like this I cannot help but deeply roll my eyes at it all. It betrays a lack of understanding of how the market system works (hint: things are priced at points where people will buy them!), or a lack of funds (if you're THAT hard-up on cash, stop buying new video games!), or a lack of priorities (maybe the problem isn't the company, but the market system?), or some combination of all three.

It's even more irritating when considering that, frankly, people are spoiled rotten on their entertainment choices. You have oodles and oodles of free video on Youtube, endless hours of entertainment that did not exist just five years ago, and there are tons of cheaply available video games that are just as good as anything released during the heyday of the 16-bit era... but people choose to whine and moan and complain about the price of a non-essential premium service for a bloody online video game! Not that I like sounding like the "get off my lawn!" guy, but really? Not only are these prices more than reasonable (especially after accounting for inflation, something video game prices have been largely ignoring to the detriment of video game companies the world over and is also at least partially responsible for the rise of F2P), but the restrictions are so light that it is actually quite trivial to play the game without spending a dime, and people are STILL bitching about it?!

Hey, here's a suggestion for you (in general): If you can't afford to buy video games, DON'T PLAY THEM. You are not entitled to anything for free. Pirate all your video games? Play nothing but F2P games without buying a single thing? Congratulations, you are a leech and a parasite and are contributing nothing at all to the developers who created the games you so dearly enjoy! I hope your conscience burns with guilt for all the good you've done.

Far too many great developers have fallen because of crap like this. Fork up or GTFO, that's the name of the game (re: capitalism)! Can't fork up? Better quit while you're ahead! And maybe focus on more important issues... y'know, something more important than video games? Something responsible for your lacking financial state and/or inability to recognize the value of good things?

Or maybe you could convince me that you, for whatever reason, actually deserve lower prices, or that lower prices would actually benefit SEGA in some way? Y'know, something other than "I WANT IT CHEAP", which is all I'm getting from this thread? I'm waiting. :sleep:

my response to you is

I mostly agree but honestly I'm getting a "high horse" feeling from you.

I wasn't asking for lower prices in fact I never said a single thing about the prices I just stated an OPINION about WHAT they want me to buy when I personally feel it should be Free like I said making at least 1 new character getting at least a second MAG should be available to people who just cannot Pay.

As for the reason I buy video games well that's simple youtube partnership and TwitchTV partnership playing video games is how I make money which then I use that money to Buy Food, clothing, and well more games.

but despite this I am unable to get a credit card (for personal reasons I will not explain) and I am not retarded enough to put my Bank accounts on the Internet so I am SCREWED.

So to wrap this up...Sorry for having an Opinion that disagrees with yours, Sorry for thinking I could state it in front of your greatness, and Sorry that life has treated you so rotten that you think that the world is such a pathetic broken place when it really isn't.

BahnKnakyu
Jul 4, 2012, 12:26 AM
This has been said many times before, blame the conversion rates, not SEGA. The prices are set for the Japanese players, not us outsiders.

I used this example before, complaining about the premium price being over $16 is like an US player wanting to buy a 60€ console game from Europe and complaining about the game being too expensive (60€ is around $75), even though 60€ is the standard price for console games in Europe.

I know how the conversion is like. It's still steep, even if we're going for something as simple as a 100 Yen = $1 USD conversion rate (which isn't the case, I know), it's still expensive. I buy stuff from Japan too. The conversion rate sucks, and it looks like stuff in Japan is just damn expensive. I can understand prices being high for material goods, but this is a digital service, and I honestly think it's better for Sega and the consumer if they kept the prices reasonable and to not put cosmetic features behind an online gambling system and just let us buy directly what we want.

You can have a character of every class in many free to play games, and character customization is usually costumes, which you can freely change whenever you like, which is equivalent to what you can change in PSO2 (hair color is locked, btw).

Sorry, I'm too busy worshipping Sega and defending every action and flaw with their business model to hear reason and criticism. :roll:

KiroMatic
Jul 4, 2012, 06:05 AM
Yeah, 6 bucks. BIG WHOOP. I am somehow failing to care.

6 bucks again. Also extremely unlikely. Still failing to care.

The price is not a fault of SEGA at all, but the fault of the strong YEN and weak USD. Also, one dollar and change extra? This is the sound of me failing to care: :sleep:

Oh really?

Secondly, you get craptons of grinders just for playing normally.

Thirdly, rares have a lower chance of grinding success than common items by design. Knowing this, if you STILL decide to try the grinding game on them, it's all on you! Own up to your own faulty decisions.

Orrr you could let other folks with excessive amounts of disposible income do that for you, while putting up all the stuff they don't want (and there will be lots of it!) up for sale in their shops. :-?

(For the record: Gachas are crap, but you never have to use them and people WILL put the items up for sale eventually. I would prefer direct costume purchases, but it's still far from a game-breaker.)

Once again I'm getting the HIGH HORSE feeling from you.

Do you even know what it's like for money to be tight?

I cannot afford to even spend 6 bucks on these things that should be free IN MY FUCKING OPINION (shouldn't have to say that but for some reason people make me)