PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Headset compatibilty

Bradders
Jul 3, 2012, 05:48 AM
Just a quickie does anyone no if my xbox360 headset will work with PSO2 if i plug it in to my xbox360 controller and if not a cheap/relatively good headset to purchase.

moorebounce
Jul 3, 2012, 06:53 AM
Just a quickie does anyone no if my xbox360 headset will work with PSO2 if i plug it in to my xbox360 controller and if not a cheap/relatively good headset to purchase.

I don't recall them ever saying it had voice chat built into PSO2.

kantaris
Jul 3, 2012, 07:01 AM
Right-o, there's no in-game voice support.

Bradders
Jul 3, 2012, 07:40 AM
Oh... thanks for the info how silly of me

moorebounce
Jul 3, 2012, 01:29 PM
Oh... thanks for the info how silly of me

It's not silly because the Xbox version of PSO had it. Thats one of the feature I wished it still had because typing gets old after a while. Plus you can coordinate your team better with voice chat. I think most of the people who don't like it either don't like the sound of their own voice or ashamed to let people hear they're not the same sex as their avatar.

Ranmaru
Jul 3, 2012, 01:34 PM
Oh. Yeah I'd just skype/vent with my party if they wanted to. I think it would be natural for the XBOX version to have a voice chat since, it already has voice chat in XBOX generally.

On a computer, usually most games don't. I don't know of any others that do. I'm also just used to playing LoL and having to chat while playing. And using skype for it's convenience.

pikachief
Jul 3, 2012, 01:38 PM
It's not silly because the Xbox version of PSO had it. Thats one of the feature I wished it still had because typing gets old after a while. Plus you can coordinate your team better with voice chat. I think most of the people who don't like it either don't like the sound of their own voice or ashamed to let people hear they're not the same sex as their avatar.

Yup most people. I prefer not using voice chat with people i've chatted over xbl with for years. I dont even like skyping with my best friend of 8 years or my girlfriend i wont be seeing for a year lol

Lostbob117
Jul 3, 2012, 01:40 PM
Oh. Yeah I'd just skype/vent with my party if they wanted to. I think it would be natural for the XBOX version to have a voice chat since, it already has voice chat in XBOX generally.

On a computer, usually most games don't. I don't know of any others that do. I'm also just used to playing LoL and having to chat while playing. And using skype for it's convenience.

Most games don't? Lemme correct this you have to remember that a lot of games have voice chat on pc like all the fps, and some other games.

Also any good at league?

Peejay
Jul 3, 2012, 01:41 PM
Most games don't? Lemme correct this you have to remember that a lot of games have voice chat on pc like all the fps, and some other games.

Also any good at league?

League gets by with an absurd amount of acronyms that every player is expected to know by summoner level 30. Without it, you're screwed.

Gully Foyle
Jul 3, 2012, 01:45 PM
I was also under the impression that PSO2 had voice chat due to the speaker icon that appears in the game when you're chatting. I loved the voice chat feature in PSU. It made the game a lot more fun and I got to meet a lot of cool people due to it.

Lostbob117
Jul 3, 2012, 01:49 PM
League gets by with an absurd amount of acronyms that every player is expected to know by summoner level 30. Without it, you're screwed.

Wut? Are you talking about League for? All I asked it Ranmaru was any good. You don't have to be LV30 to be good.

Ranmaru
Jul 3, 2012, 01:49 PM

Also any good at league?

Ah, I didn't know that. Thank you for correcting me. :-D

I do well enough, yet I am only level 27. I started to get around 80 CS around 20 minutes, and am practicing AD and Support roles. I don't know how I'd do at high elo's, but I'm practicing to get better. : P

How about you?

Lostbob117
Jul 3, 2012, 01:52 PM

I do well enough, yet I am only level 27. I started to get around 80 CS around 20 minutes, and am practicing AD and Support roles. I don't know how I'd do at high elo's, but I'm practicing to get better. : P

How about you?

I'm LV12 I do pretty good at pvp not ranked, I play as cho'gath and darius. I make cho'gath attack speed to like 1.2 and darius attack speed to 2.0 and I do really good with them. Wanna play some?

DreXxiN
Jul 3, 2012, 01:53 PM

How about you?

Hey Ranmaru. I noticed you wanted to get better at bottom lane. I know this is off-topic but I put a lot of work into this so I thought it would help. Before I 'settled down' a bit I was a semi-professional LoL player so take a look at my AD carry video guide (if you're really bored because it's long :P)

http://youtu.be/QOoej5tIPY0

moorebounce
Jul 3, 2012, 01:57 PM
I was also under the impression that PSO2 had voice chat due to the speaker icon that appears in the game when you're chatting. I loved the voice chat feature in PSU. It made the game a lot more fun and I got to meet a lot of cool people due to it.

Thank you thats what I'm talking about. IMO if you don't like voice chat then you're not allowed to complain about lag. Thats essentially what typing to chat is compared to having voice chat.

Lostbob117
Jul 3, 2012, 02:02 PM
So to keep this on topic talking about League should go here I just made this thread. http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2788855#post2788855

DreXxiN
Jul 3, 2012, 02:03 PM
On topic, one of the only reasons I really don't enjoy using voice chat in randoms is I can't stand background noises or bodily noises from people that don't use PTT and are extremely obnoxious about it. Really takes out of the game's atmosphere.

Lostbob117
Jul 3, 2012, 02:06 PM
On topic, one of the only reasons I really don't enjoy using voice chat in randoms is I can't stand background noises or bodily noises from people that don't use PTT and are extremely obnoxious about it. Really takes out of the game's atmosphere.

Also the people who yell in their mic like kids.

moorebounce
Jul 3, 2012, 02:30 PM
So to keep this on topic talking about League should go here I just made this thread. http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2788855#post2788855

Well since theres no voice chat support in the game and thats stated above but I do believe we're well within the topic. Using a headset opens up talk about voice chat Vs no voice chat. If you're a mod then close this thread because it was done a few posts ago. If not you were better served not making your post.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 3, 2012, 02:44 PM
had no issue using these on Skype+^_^+ and they work for mumble as well, but i only tested them once on mumble (few times i turned mumble on during OBT, i didn't recognize any names) point is, the surround headset is wired through my 360 controller and it worked just fine with windows, even being recognized as a headset and not a generic mic+^_^+
[SPOILER-BOX]http://jrsw123.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/headset.jpg
http://www.gamingzap.com/media/catalog/product/cache/2/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/x/4/x41-450.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
i didn't use the surround headset because i didn't feel like swapping the optical cable from my Xbox to the TV (which would have required me to move half of my entertainment system)+^_^+

Scline
Jul 3, 2012, 03:43 PM
Would just like to state for the OP that if he is talking about the Xbox 360 Headsets that plug into the controller(generic, OEM or brand name alike) that he will most likely be unable to use it on his PC because the controller uses a 2.5MM input jack where as most PCs use a 3.5MM input jack, the plug just won't fit without an adapter.

Semi-related to the topic, if you're in the market for an inexpensive headset, I have the Turtle Beach Z1s(25 USD at Wal-Mart) and I like them for the most part, I have a large head and they're relatively comfortable for the first few hours. After about 3 or 4 hours of wearing them though I start to get a headache so I have to take them off. The sound quality is pretty nice and the boom has a very nice range of motion, my only issue that I've found with them apart from the comfort issues after 4 hours is that whenever I use the built in mic mute on the inline controls while chatting on skype when I unmute my mic it stays muted until I drop the call and call back, I don't know if this is a headset issue or a skype issue though.

If you're interested in more extended game sessions I would recommend a behind-the-head headset, I usually purchase ones from Logitech for about 15-20 USD, some of my friends with glasses find them uncomfortable after a while but I personally wear glasses and have no issue with them, I've even worn one for 12 hours straight once without issue. I do have one slight problem with the Logitech headsets I've bought though, they all usually wear out within 2-4 months, I find that the wiring is faulty and the inline controls usually aren't meant to hold up for that long, but they're relatively cheap and extremely comfortable so it doesn't bother me too much. It really comes down to preference.

Overall though if Cheap Headset is on the menu, I give the Z1s an 8/10(I like pretty much everything about them but they hurt after a while) and the Logitech Wraps a 7/10(Incredible comfort and decent quality, usually just a 4 month lifetime though)

Chik'Tikka
Jul 3, 2012, 03:59 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]
Would just like to state for the OP that if he is talking about the Xbox 360 Headsets that plug into the controller(generic, OEM or brand name alike) that he will most likely be unable to use it on his PC because the controller uses a 2.5MM input jack where as most PCs use a 3.5MM input jack, the plug just won't fit without an adapter.

Semi-related to the topic, if you're in the market for an inexpensive headset, I have the Turtle Beach Z1s(25 USD at Wal-Mart) and I like them for the most part, I have a large head and they're relatively comfortable for the first few hours. After about 3 or 4 hours of wearing them though I start to get a headache so I have to take them off. The sound quality is pretty nice and the boom has a very nice range of motion, my only issue that I've found with them apart from the comfort issues after 4 hours is that whenever I use the built in mic mute on the inline controls while chatting on skype when I unmute my mic it stays muted until I drop the call and call back, I don't know if this is a headset issue or a skype issue though.

If you're interested in more extended game sessions I would recommend a behind-the-head headset, I usually purchase ones from Logitech for about 15-20 USD, some of my friends with glasses find them uncomfortable after a while but I personally wear glasses and have no issue with them, I've even worn one for 12 hours straight once without issue. I do have one slight problem with the Logitech headsets I've bought though, they all usually wear out within 2-4 months, I find that the wiring is faulty and the inline controls usually aren't meant to hold up for that long, but they're relatively cheap and extremely comfortable so it doesn't bother me too much. It really comes down to preference.[/SPOILER-BOX]

+^_^+ it seems the 360 controller driver for Windows includes the cheap headset as well, just gotta plug it into a connected controller+^_^+
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2050&stc=1&d=1341349144

Scline
Jul 3, 2012, 04:04 PM
[SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX]

+^_^+ it seems the 360 controller driver for Windows includes the cheap headset as well, just gotta plug it into a connected controller+^_^+
[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2050&stc=1&d=1341349144[/SPOILER-BOX]

Well I was talking more along the lines of using the headset standalone, I suppose if you're using the controller too it might work, haven't tried it personally however. Good find though, thanks. :)

Chik'Tikka
Jul 3, 2012, 04:11 PM
Well I was talking more along the lines of using the headset standalone, I suppose if you're using the controller too it might work, haven't tried it personally however. Good find though, thanks. :)

yep, in my earlier post, the wireless mic works stand alone if you have a way to connect it via WiFi to your PC+^_^+ anyway, to make a 360 headset work stand alone, you only need this http://www.amazon.com/Headset-Adapter-3-5mm-2-5mm-Converter/dp/B000LMBJMA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341349812&sr=8-1&keywords=3.5+mm+to+2.5+mm+adapter windows will have a generic driver for it and they should work just like any other headset that you can use on a phone+^_^+

Vintasticvin
Jul 3, 2012, 04:16 PM
Headsets in pso2... Do you all how many boners will die when the hot female character in the HUney straps talk only to find its guy with a tommy chong like accent?! D:

On a serious note its 50/50 if mics should be compatable sometimes people are rude over mic :/

doomdragon83
Jul 3, 2012, 04:23 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2050&stc=1&d=1341349144

I have a Turtle Beach X12 and I saw that one day when I connected my controller back to my PC with my headset still attached. I guess it's just saying that it recognizes the fact that you have a headset and it can be used, however, I never tried it out.

On a serious note its 50/50 if mics should be compatable sometimes people are rude over mic :/
I seen and unfortunately heard rude people on PSU before, stuff like that is why I like soloing but there are cool people out there too.

Scline
Jul 3, 2012, 04:29 PM
Headsets in pso2... Do you all how many boners will die when the hot female character in the HUney straps talk only to find its guy with a tommy chong like accent?! D:

They could make it an option in the party creation screen, a check-box for if you want Voice Chat enabled or not, that way you can please both crowds. But personally I use Skype/Ventrilo/Mumble while gaming, so it doesn't bother me either way.

Ark22
Jul 3, 2012, 06:24 PM
Steam voice chat with your friends =). Plus I try to talk and game on PSO2, it's pretty annoying. Trying to use my techs on my keyboard while moving around with my controller, healing every body. Accidentally saying Shifta or Healing in my sentences because I am thinking of using those abilities. Or just laughing my ass off so hard my teammates don't get support and die rather painfully......Still it was funny.