PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel about not being able to trade?

Jrgsubzero
Jul 3, 2012, 07:08 AM
Not so much as using the personal shop as trading between players.

I'm not happy with it. For example, as a free player force and lets say you have the resurrect skill you couldn't trade all your moon atomizers to a friend.

It won't stop RMT or even put a dent in it, lest we forget RMT flourishes on P2P games too. They could bot for months and months and then buy one month of premium to sell it all for example.

I personally feel something as basic as trading shouldn't be removed from free players. I'm fine if they keep my shop as premium only but with both off-limits the economy is literally only going to be run by the minority.

kantaris
Jul 3, 2012, 07:16 AM
It's really not too difficult to pay for a month or so of premium...
Games like LOTRO have similar restrictions, the way the company gets money (which pays it's employees and is incentive for them to keep creating content) is by players spending money on the game.
Having a "premium account" is a fancy way of saying "subscription fee", no doubt that in the future as more content gets released, people with premium status will get in in advance, or some things may be premium members only.

Jrgsubzero
Jul 3, 2012, 07:22 AM
It's really not too difficult to pay for a month or so of premium...
Games like LOTRO have similar restrictions, the way the company gets money (which pays it's employees and is incentive for them to keep creating content) is by players spending money on the game.
Having a "premium account" is a fancy way of saying "subscription fee", no doubt that in the future as more content gets released, people with premium status will get in in advance, or some things may be premium members only.

You can trade in LOTRO afaik. LOTRO has one of the best F2P models as you earn points you can spend on more content as you play.

Though in general, I'm against F2P models that have a cash-shop and a premium service. I believe there should be one and not the other.

Ce'Nedra
Jul 3, 2012, 07:26 AM
It sucks that you need to pay to trade...the power of PSO (specially on the Gamecube) was that you could trade everything you wanted with people...

Good old days where people sold things like a Demonic Fork for 20 photon drops...I miss these. PSP2 was also horrible for only letting you trade C and B rank stuff...

Galerianx
Jul 3, 2012, 07:32 AM
maybe have one day a week for free trading ?

Darki
Jul 3, 2012, 07:35 AM
I think that's the dumbest premium feature of the game. It's like if they charged you for chatting. I'd prefer some sort of account-bound item setup (maybe, unlike in PSU where they're absolutely account-bound, some sort of premium trade category that only lets you trade and sell them if you pay for it) and let people just trade normal stuff and money for free.

jooozek
Jul 3, 2012, 07:38 AM
I'm more worried about player shops, looks like even the most common rare gunslashes will spike up a lot. Hopefully grinders will be affordable (then again you can easily farm those in certain missions from what I heard).

Eyce_Theon
Jul 3, 2012, 07:48 AM
PSO has spoiled so many players with it's amazing amount of in-game freedom.

With complete freedom to progress in the game solo, unlimited trading, and the degree of character customization you had (barring Armor and Shield level requirements), anyone could grab an assortment of mag/units/materials needed to equip some late-game weapon and easily break your character until Ultimate. All you needed was another character already in Ult, or a some acquaintance you met online who didn't need his older gear.

While this was wonderful and all, SEGA designed this game to pace it's players' progress. Partially this is so people are tempted to buy AC to have access to trading, shops, and EXP boosters, but you can get on without those things so easily. If anyone is actually so poor that they can't afford moon atomizers, remind them that drops are individualized and to pick up everything they see if only to sell it.

Sizustar
Jul 3, 2012, 07:49 AM
Doesn't effect me, and I understand the reasoning for limiting it as a way to combat RMT.
And for Free player, they still included a way to possible sell item by using the 3 day MY SHOPT coupon from Fun Garapon.
Since they didn't limit Free play of not able to browse MY SHOP, I don't really see a problem.

PAZUZU
Jul 3, 2012, 10:12 AM
Trading would be nice but I really don't care too much, none of the limits will stop me from enjoying the game.

Malevolent215
Jul 3, 2012, 10:38 AM
Why are so many people complaining about a game they are getting for free??? Sega is doing an awesome job with this F2P system imho. They a giving you a complete game for free, then charging for bonus "quality of living" features and bonus material. Yet none of this makes it any kind of P2W.

The only reason a lot of the prices seem high is because of the horrible exchange rate with the value of the US Dollar right now, which has been mentioned over and over.

None of the paid for content is required to complete or enjoy the game. So, wtf? Why are so many people unhappy with it? Sega needs to make money too....

Darki
Jul 3, 2012, 10:43 AM
I don't complain about the game as a whole, I love it and I'll be hooked probably for a long time. But I don't see what is wrong about considering some of the premium features a bit over the edge.

Would you still think the same if you couldn't chat without paying, for example, or that a new character was like 30$? For many users trading is something as essential as that, even more, because you can always go teamspeak or some other way to communicate.

Skyly HUmar
Jul 3, 2012, 10:45 AM
Why are so many people complaining about a game they are getting for free??? Sega is doing an awesome job with this F2P system imho. They a giving you a complete game for free, then charging for bonus "quality of living" features and bonus material. Yet none of this makes it any kind of P2W.

The only reason a lot of the prices seem high is because of the horrible exchange rate with the value of the US Dollar right now, which has been mentioned over and over.

None of the paid for content is required to complete or enjoy the game. So, wtf? Why are so many people unhappy with it? Sega needs to make money too....

In all honestly, I would rather have bought the game than have to pay extra for the extra things. And I think that it sucks that it costs money to trade. BUT non payers are not too limited on things. So what if you cant sell, you can still buy lol.

The guy im quoting has a point though, if there wasnt sega profit involved the game wouldnt even be coming out. Its only natural that Sega would have some strong incentives to get people to pay. Even though you could play the game and enjoy it as much (or maybe even more if youre into hunting for things instead of paying for them) as anyone else.

Skyly HUmar
Jul 3, 2012, 10:46 AM
I don't complain about the game as a whole, I love it and I'll be hooked probably for a long time. But I don't see what is wrong about considering some of the premium features a bit over the edge.

Would you still think the same if you couldn't chat without paying, for example, or that a new character was like 30$? For many users trading is something as essential as that, even more, because you can always go teamspeak or some other way to communicate.

30 bucks for an extra char is a bit over the edge though XD.

gravityvx
Jul 3, 2012, 10:50 AM
It is the dumbest idea I have ever come across for a f2p game. Doesn't help anyone, won't stop rmt at all. Having to pay for personal shops was enough, trading is just overboard. I really don't see how anyone can sit there & try to justify paying money to use a feature that every game related to this should have as a basic function, that being trading. I do not care if it's free, as I would have paid full price for a fully functioning game. Don't get me wrong, I love the game but I wouldn't pretend all their business decisions are sunshine & rainbows. Just because the game is free doesn't magically make all of their decisions good, as with any game different people have different opinions.

I'm perfectly fine with all their cash grab schemes besides the trade, they just shouldn't cripple all players like that. By doing so, they pretty much isolate everyone that doesn't pay for trading of all things, to only themselves. Making the game feel more like a damn single player with a chat box. And let's be honest here, removing trade as a paid feature is not going to suddenly crumble their cash flow as some people seem to be trying to point out for some odd reason. They would still make ridiculous profit from the scratch, exp boosts etc.

Malevolent215
Jul 3, 2012, 10:56 AM

The difference is that prices would never be that high. Why? Because no one would pay that, so Sega would not make a Profit.

I have already showed the math in another topic, but again here it is....

A P2P game- $60+(15x12)=$240 for a year of play

PSO2 System- ($16.30x12)+$45= $240 for a year of Premium + $45 for Extra Chars/Mags and other stuff.

THE BIGGEST DIFFERENCE IS THAT YOU HAVE A CHOICE!!! You can go every other month on the premium and save money!!

It really is a Balanced price system,yes you can go nuts and spend way more than you need too, but you can also be more precise and save money.

Last but not least, these are current prices.... there could always be better packages and deals in the future.

Skyly HUmar
Jul 3, 2012, 10:58 AM
I do not care if it's free, as I would have paid full price for a fully functioning game. .

Same here. I would not have even minded the extra import costs.

I was planning on getting the vita version, but right now i dont think it's worth it if it doesnt bring an offline mode. (offline mode would have been da shiz btw).

Kazzi
Jul 3, 2012, 10:59 AM
Think of it this way, if you could trade for free then you wouldn't need to use the My Shop feature. You could just put up a trade thread somewhere and trade for meseta. This is one way SEGA's are making sure they can turn a profit from the shop feature, even though admittedly I dislike not being able to trade.

Blackheart521
Jul 3, 2012, 11:00 AM
Same here. I would not have even minded the extra import costs.

I was planning on getting the vita version, but right now i dont think it's worth it if it doesnt bring an offline mode. (offline mode would have been da shiz btw).

The Vita Version is going to be a free download, so it won't cost you anything and hence will be worth it ^^

GoldenFalcon
Jul 3, 2012, 11:03 AM
Not gonna lie, trading was never a thing that actually happened in PSU. If your friend wanted something, you did runs with them to help them out
No different in this game

Skyly HUmar
Jul 3, 2012, 11:04 AM
The Vita Version is going to be a free download, so it won't cost you anything and hence will be worth it ^^

I figured, but i meant that Im already lv 30, im good as far as my wep to Lv ratio and I dont wanna waste the memory on my vita since my computer already has it XP. Offline mode would make it worth it because id be able to play long after the servers go doen but atm, no real reason to get it unless i did not have the game already.

Sizustar
Jul 3, 2012, 11:04 AM
It is the dumbest idea I have ever come across for a f2p game. Doesn't help anyone, won't stop rmt at all. Having to pay for personal shops was enough, trading is just overboard. I really don't see how anyone can sit there & try to justify paying money to use a feature that every game related to this should have as a basic function, that being trading. I do not care if it's free, as I would have paid full price for a fully functioning game. Don't get me wrong, I love the game but I wouldn't pretend all their business decisions are sunshine & rainbows. Just because the game is free doesn't magically make all of their decisions good, as with any game different people have different opinions.

I'm perfectly fine with all their cash grab schemes besides the trade, they just shouldn't cripple all players like that. By doing so, they pretty much isolate everyone that doesn't pay for trading of all things, to only themselves. Making the game feel more like a damn single player with a chat box. And let's be honest here, removing trade as a paid feature is not going to suddenly crumble their cash flow as some people seem to be trying to point out for some odd reason. They would still make ridiculous profit from the scratch, exp boosts etc.

I keep on seeing people say how this won't combat RMT, and I'm not seeing any explanation on why that is.

As far as I understand.
In order for RMT to flourish, they need to be able ot make a profit, and have "rare" that is worth to trade with other people.
Thus first they need a large player base, a system that enable them to acquire Rare easily, etc.

In PSO2, Map are randomized, with obstacle and Code Mission, making "bot" harder to utilize.
And Rare drop or Mesta isn't exactly that hard to acquire, so Player will sell items, and weapons and Unit price can change relativly quickly, depending on how many people are selling the drops, as we saw in OB, with the quick price drop of Card and Gunslash, as the market become saturated with them.

The only thing that RMT might be using would be AC Scratch prize?
But not all of them can be traded...

Phaesphora
Jul 3, 2012, 11:08 AM
I'll miss the social aspect of trading, but I'll take the little bit of extra meseta from liquidating all those useless items.

jooozek
Jul 3, 2012, 11:10 AM
You know what it takes a botter to collect all meseta from his farming accounts? A shop with overpriced monomates on his mother account.

ciroth
Jul 3, 2012, 11:12 AM
Win a 3 day shop ticket from FUN scratch, save up all your rares, then sell it all in 1 go =)

Leyline
Jul 3, 2012, 11:14 AM
I think the no trading, no extra mags is a really good idea.

I do think you should be able to drop random items on the ground. Maybe nothing above 4 stars.

UnLucky
Jul 3, 2012, 11:14 AM
Think of it this way, if you could trade for free then you wouldn't need to use the My Shop feature. You could just put up a trade thread somewhere and trade for meseta. This is one way SEGA's are making sure they can turn a profit from the shop feature, even though admittedly I dislike not being able to trade.

Except then you have to spam constantly across EVERY block, you cannot play the actual game, and you can't log out or afk and still advertise. Plus you have to find the player and trade with them. As for a trade forum, less people would sign up for it and actively look for trades there than in game.

So there is a lot of draw to the personal shop feature. It's like saying "trading avoids the 5% listing fee, so nobody will use the shop feature."

Trading should either be free, or a permanent license. And you should be able to give items to second class citizens. And everything should be droppable inside instances.

HFlowen
Jul 3, 2012, 11:20 AM
Trading being a premium is pretty annoying, but I can deal.

Not being able to drop things is annoying but makes sense with how drops are individual now.

Rares getting account bound to you if you want to play with them rustles my jimmies though. That could stand to be changed in some way.

gravityvx
Jul 3, 2012, 11:25 AM
I keep on seeing people say how this won't combat RMT, and I'm not seeing any explanation on why that is.

As far as I understand.
In order for RMT to flourish, they need to be able ot make a profit, and have "rare" that is worth to trade with other people.
Thus first they need a large player base, a system that enable them to acquire Rare easily, etc.

In PSO2, Map are randomized, with obstacle and Code Mission, making "bot" harder to utilize.
And Rare drop or Mesta isn't exactly that hard to acquire, so Player will sell items, and weapons and Unit price can change relativly quickly, depending on how many people are selling the drops, as we saw in OB, with the quick price drop of Card and Gunslash, as the market become saturated with them.

The only thing that RMT might be using would be AC Scratch prize?
But not all of them can be traded...

RMT always go to great lengths to get established in mmos, especially f2p.

More likely than not, they get passes to establish a presence on the market, because the cost of that is far less than that of the amount of profit they will make. After they get a hold on it, prices will start to inflate (as if this wasn't already about to happen with or without them) because of the large amount of meseta people will be having due the gold buying and the fact that shops are premium and only a select few will have them. This isn't usually the case on p2p games, but almost always the case on f2p games. This honestly never bothers me, as I said I only care about the fact that I can't trade. But you wanted an explanation to RMT so I gave you one.

Like I said, RMT always find their way into games like these no matter how much you don't want them around, they will always get in and do their thing. Even if this isn't the method they go about handling segas tactic you can rest assured they'll find a way.

Darki
Jul 3, 2012, 11:32 AM
The difference is that prices would never be that high. Why? Because no one would pay that, so Sega would not make a Profit.

I have already showed the math in another topic, but again here it is....

A P2P game- $60+(15x12)=$240 for a year of play

PSO2 System- ($16.30x12)+$45= $240 for a year of Premium + $45 for Extra Chars/Mags and other stuff.

THE BIGGEST DIFFERENCE IS THAT YOU HAVE A CHOICE!!! You can go every other month on the premium and save money!!

It really is a Balanced price system,yes you can go nuts and spend way more than you need too, but you can also be more precise and save money.

Last but not least, these are current prices.... there could always be better packages and deals in the future.

I know I do have a choice and I'll probably get the premium package happily for all the features it has, but you're still not getting my point. The deal would still be balanced if trade was free. It worked pretty well for PSU and I bet they made a crapload of money with only the GC gacha in that game.

According to your statement then for you it doesn't matter what feature is turned into a premium-only feature. I don't see it that way. Because then they're practically forcing me to buy the premium package, as I said, I consider trading as essential in this game as walking, chatting or attacking, and hey, you would also have the freedom to pay or not if the game didn't allow you to do any of these features, but for me that wouldn't be too honest business because the game would lose much flavor without it. Is like if you went to a car shop and they gave you a car for free but you had to pay the motor. I'm not saying that it isn't a good deal, I'm saying that that is not "free" at all.

I don't like that only feature of the game, so I don't see why all the fuss over it. Do you want me to accept that this shit is real and I gotta live with it? I already do, but I don't need to like it. You're trying to imply that I want the game to be everything free and that it'd be unfair for SEGA, but that's not the thing. I agree with most of the premium content. They won't lose a customer with me. But I won't pay premium just for trades when I won't have any use for the rest of the features, I'd as well wait for when I need them too, they're not going to earn any money from me (and I highly dount that from many people) JUST BECAUSE of the trade restriction. I see it just as a hindrance to the game.

nickta69
Jul 3, 2012, 11:32 AM
it sux, i hate the idea that, to do something basic i need to pay for it... EU aion, got this thing too, but there you can get the stuff that opens the trading and the AC, with in game money.

MistyWaters
Jul 3, 2012, 11:34 AM
It blows chunks, but I'll live.

UnLucky
Jul 3, 2012, 11:41 AM
Pro RMT tactic: enter multiparty areas and pick up everything that drops, then vendor everything

Send it all to the one premium account that spams the lobbies

The players willing to expend real cash for in game gold would have premium and could transfer the meseta in the same way

Meanwhile legitimate users can't give items they don't want over to their buddy who is right in front of them??

nickta69
Jul 3, 2012, 11:41 AM
Did you miss the part where this is a F2P game and Sega needs to make money?

nope we didnt, but comon blockign a basic thing in game for alot of people, thats unfair lol, fine give the paying ppl a xp boost, acces to my room, a FUN boost, but blocking my shop and trading is over kill.

Darki
Jul 3, 2012, 11:42 AM
I read a few posts into this thread and stopped because it is like someone sucked all of your brains out with a vacuum. Did you miss the part where this is a F2P game and Sega needs to make money?

Aparently the part I missed was actually the one where the trading restriction was the ONLY way SEGA was going to make money.

Comments like this is what make me wonder if some people got their brains out with a vacuum.

Sp-24
Jul 3, 2012, 11:42 AM
Did you miss the part where this is a F2P game and Sega needs to make money?

Did you miss the parts where other games that do F2P right are mentioned? It's funny how sheeple will defend anything, even the blatant scams like AC scratch and pay to trade.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 3, 2012, 11:43 AM
I love seeing the word sheeple

props to Sp-24

UnLucky
Jul 3, 2012, 11:46 AM
So what if you can only choose HUmar character presets, Forest is the only area you can access, you stop gaining experience past lv10, you're stuck in a "void" lobby, none of the NPC shops or terminals are active, and you can't get Client Orders? The game is 100% FREE and you have the CHOICE to SUPPORT the glorious SEGA who have PROVIDED this AMAZING FREE GAME and they need to EAT

AlMcFly
Jul 3, 2012, 11:49 AM
Not being able to trade is stupid. So is the Gacha system. That's all I will say.

Darki
Jul 3, 2012, 11:50 AM
So what if you can only choose HUmar character presets, Forest is the only area you can access, you stop gaining experience past lv10, you're stuck in a "void" lobby, none of the NPC shops or terminals are active, and you can't get Client Orders? The game is 100% FREE and you have the CHOICE to SUPPORT the glorious SEGA who have PROVIDED this AMAZING FREE GAME and they need to EAT

If that was the case then I bet they wouldn't eat much.

UnLucky
Jul 3, 2012, 11:53 AM
If that was the case then I bet they wouldn't eat much.

Or you'd call it a horribly gimped trial version of the real game that you pay for

Darki you played JP PSU you should know from experience that it is one of the best ways for Sega to make money. (Other than gachas obviously)

Where did I defend it? I just merely stated Sega needs to make money and forcing someone to pay to trade is one of the best ways to do it.

Not as good as forcing people to pay in order to party

Darki
Jul 3, 2012, 11:53 AM
I played JPSU and I don't remember trading being restricted. Ever. So from my experience SEGA can make plenty of money without the need of that. I doubt many people will pay the whole premium course (I didn't see any "30 days trade package" only, correct me if I'm wrong) just to be able to trade shit, they'll probably do like me, wait for when they need premium for more features and then get it.

Sizustar
Jul 3, 2012, 11:56 AM
I played JPSU and I don't remember trading being restricted. Ever. So from my experience SEGA can make plenty of money without the need of that. I doubt many people will pay the whole premium course (I didn't see any "30 days trade package" only, correct me if I'm wrong) just to be able to trade shit, they'll probably do like me, wait for when they need premium for more features and then get it.

My Shop function only is 700 AC for 30 day if I remembr

Darki
Jul 3, 2012, 12:01 PM
My mistake. I didn't remember the restriction on trading in PSU. But still is a stupid feature.

I still don't get why you and some other people are so defensive over this. It's a ONE feature that we don't like. We're not saying that we want the game 100% free. I'm pretty happy with premium course needed for shop and many other features. I'll pay for them when I need them. I still doubt anyone spent money on premium ONLY FOR TRADES.

Galerianx
Jul 3, 2012, 12:02 PM
Premium Set 30 days | 1300 AC
Premium Set 60 days | 2500 AC
Premium Set 90 Days | 3600 AC
My Room 30 Days Use | 700 AC
My Shop 30 Days Use | 700 AC
Expanded Storage 30 Days | 500 AC
Expanded Storage 90 Days | 1200 AC

The Premium Set includes access to the Item Trader, My Shop, My Room, Premium Storage, FUN Point Boost and Premium Block. You can purchase rentals of My Shop and My Room separately.

Darki
Jul 3, 2012, 12:04 PM
So, as I said, you can't purchase the trade feature alone. You gotta get premium set for it.

hamsterlover001
Jul 3, 2012, 12:10 PM
the trading thing isnt enjoyable one bit....... but i will still play ether way..... also im sure once money starts flowing in, they will afford to make somthing free... also we should all be happy that we are playing "phantasy star" for free! period! i bet you all would agree with me on this :3

Darki
Jul 3, 2012, 12:12 PM
Of course I'm going to play and enjoy the game. And I'll put my money on it for the stuff I like, but well, I can complain a bit about what I don't like. xD

Kanore
Jul 3, 2012, 12:14 PM
I don't care

Eyce_Theon
Jul 3, 2012, 12:58 PM
Since both trading and shops are part of premium, paying players get much more value because they basically control the economy.

If trading was free, and player shops weren't, there would be little use for player shops other than purchasing small things or items in bulk. People looking for big ticket items would look to trade through lobbies and forums first before accepting shops' prices, and you'd have people shouting up lobbies trying to sell their junk. I for one am glad we won't see individual trade requests spammed all day in lobbies.

BIG OLAF
Jul 3, 2012, 01:02 PM
I think it's pretty evil that SEGA would make both shops and peer-to-peer trading premium features. It's the ultimate torture fro friends who, say, get items that the other wants. They would have to spend real money to give them to each other, no way around it.

I'm imagining that I'm not going to get what I want from the AC scratch, and that one of my friends is. However, we won't be able to do anything about it, and will just have to stand there and squirm in agony over not being able to actually give things to each other.

In my opinion, peer-to-peer trading shouldn't be premium-only. Show a little mercy, SEGA.

Sizustar
Jul 3, 2012, 01:06 PM
I think it's pretty evil that SEGA would make both shops and peer-to-peer trading premium features. It's the ultimate torture fro friends who, say, get items that the other wants. They would have to spend real money to give them to each other, no way around it.

I'm imagining that I'm not going to get what I want from the AC scratch, and that one of my friends is. However, we won't be able to do anything about it, and will just have to stand there and squirm in agony over not being able to actually give things to each other.

In my opinion, peer-to-peer trading shouldn't be premium-only. Show a little mercy, SEGA.

If you have the 3-day My Shop coupon or Premium, you can still use the OB of Opening Shop and "selling" to friends.

njdss4
Jul 3, 2012, 01:16 PM
Not being able to trade is kinda a bummer. Not being able to list items in Shops is kinda a bummer. I'll try to reserve judgment until I see how much players are going to list items for. If they use it as a means to gouge players who don't buy Premium access, it could severely hamper the amount of fun I can have in the game.

jooozek
Jul 3, 2012, 01:16 PM
Will you compensate if someone else snaps it before BIG OLAF's friends...?

Danisaur
Jul 3, 2012, 01:21 PM
Not being able to trade is kinda a bummer. Not being able to list items in Shops is kinda a bummer. I'll try to reserve judgment until I see how much players are going to list items for. If they use it as a means to gouge players who don't buy Premium access, it could severely hamper the amount of fun I can have in the game.

Of course theyre going to list items for insane prices - why wouldn't they? Not like they care that you dont pay for shops :P

Ranmaru
Jul 3, 2012, 01:42 PM
True the trading was convenient, yet I don't need to trade small things like moon atomizers. I WOULD pay to trade important items, such as rares. That's it.

Everyone in your party should be prepared with moon atomizers, and should always re-stock. (Unless you are too poor)

And of course make sure you have a force healer in the party. : P

Lostbob117
Jul 3, 2012, 01:44 PM

Why? JP PSU was shops and trading you needed prem for, it is for people not to get around trading weapons for meseta so you won't need a shop which means no one would get a shop which also means no items in shops would really screw players over. Also than trade selling happens which means damn spam, which means LAG, and SEGA would be making no money whatsoever which they need to keep the servers up alive.

gigawuts
Jul 3, 2012, 02:29 PM
PSO has always been about two things: Rare trading and rare hunting.

For quite a lot of my time in PSO I didn't have online connectivity, so it was mostly solo hunting for me. I'm alright with having some company while I hunt here.

Ogni-XR21
Jul 3, 2012, 02:42 PM
I never traded after V2 since all you would get was dupes so it's not that big a deal to me.

While I'm all for F2P and don't mind paying for certain things I would have liked to have an option to only pay for trading without going premium. I really don't care for MyRoom, Shop is kind of interesting but I would really like to be able to read what I'm doing before getting into that.

Phantasma
Jul 3, 2012, 02:45 PM
Q: How do you feel about not being able to trade?

A: I like chocolate milk.

Take that as you will.

Ogni-XR21
Jul 3, 2012, 02:46 PM
What's all the talk about not being able to share moons or mates? I thought these could still be dropped in a mission... dunno where I read that though.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 3, 2012, 02:53 PM
sometimes i find things i wanna give to people in my party+^_^+ (always giving people things on MMOs, i like to) but then i realized i couldn't so i would put whatever in shop for like 40K instead, at the very least, not being able to trade made me wealthier in OBT+^_^+

sugarFO
Jul 3, 2012, 03:02 PM
Sucks but it's no different from PSU really. The thing I dislike is no drop trading!!

kp77
Jul 3, 2012, 03:05 PM
The game is free to play. I have no more to say.

krophiquon
Jul 3, 2012, 03:09 PM
I am loving the game, and my only complaints are minor. I do plan on spending real $ on AC, but even still, I think that the no-trading is a little restrictive. I understand why they implemented it. If I could trade with my friend, and he had My Shop access, there would be no real need for me to pay for My Shop access. I could just give the items i wanted to sell to him and have him sell them for me. However, I wish they would let us just trade 1 item a day or something.

Gardios
Jul 3, 2012, 03:24 PM
I wouldn't mind as much if we had trading tickets in FUN scratch. :/ Trading through My Shop works, but it definitely is a pain...

Scyris
Jul 3, 2012, 03:52 PM
Doesn't effect me, and I understand the reasoning for limiting it as a way to combat RMT.
And for Free player, they still included a way to possible sell item by using the 3 day MY SHOPT coupon from Fun Garapon.
Since they didn't limit Free play of not able to browse MY SHOP, I don't really see a problem.

It won't combat rmt at all, the rmt companyes pay for subs in wow etc to sell their goods, I am sure they'll do it in pso2 as well.

supersonix9
Jul 3, 2012, 03:55 PM
hi subzero.

Kanore
Jul 3, 2012, 04:01 PM
PSO has always been about two things: Rare trading and rare hunting.

has it?

for me it's always been about killing stuff with friends and dancing in lobbies and talking about japanophile crap

i'm also pretty sure a much larger percentage of people just got their ubers from dupes and didn't give a crap about the minority 'hunters' who were so concerned about 'legitimate' items that they'd post on forums all day complaining about it

and in PC/PS2 PSU meseta hacking destroyed the market in less than a month so prices for everything were out of whack forever

yeah restricting trade and strangling the economy against the favor of f2p players is probably the greatest thing to happen to pso

gravityvx
Jul 3, 2012, 04:08 PM
has it?

Yes it has.

FraB
Jul 3, 2012, 04:11 PM

Exactly, couldn't have said it better myself.

aduran
Jul 3, 2012, 04:13 PM
you can trade. just not for free. :D

GoldenFalcon
Jul 3, 2012, 04:16 PM
Actually, PSO was always about duping rares so that everyone could use what weapon they wanted for cosmetic purposes, or to just have the 'best'
It was also about having your inventory deleted due to BSOD, then duping your stuff from your bank again

Offline or in an actual community though? Then yeah, trading actually did happen. However, I preferred to just hunt and help hunt since I never had anything to trade with

Sizustar
Jul 3, 2012, 09:54 PM
It won't combat rmt at all, the rmt companyes pay for subs in wow etc to sell their goods, I am sure they'll do it in pso2 as well.

Except that really isn't a valid comparasion.
PSO2 OB, have at most...80k logon at the same time, I don't see RMT or the big "factory" interested in this small market.

As Tera and Blade and Soul are coming out in Asia(China/Taiwan) and is in Chinese, I see them more focused on those then PSO2

Geistritter
Jul 3, 2012, 10:19 PM
It's bullshit. That's about all I have to say about that.

You should at least be able to drop items for other players to pick up.

Vylera
Jul 3, 2012, 10:20 PM
I don't like it, but I don't need it either.

So I'm not complaining.

buri-chan
Jul 3, 2012, 10:20 PM
Don't care. I never needed to trade in PSO, I never needed to trade in PSP, and so far I haven't needed to trade in PSO2.

ciroth
Jul 3, 2012, 10:49 PM
PSU P2P fee is equal to that of PSO2's Premium Set... that includes everything.

Why are we QQing?

Zero_Virus_X
Jul 4, 2012, 09:03 AM
Brb buying premium for my rappy suit then^