PDA

View Full Version : Post OB Meseta

Blackheart521
Jul 3, 2012, 08:47 AM
How much meseta did you manage to make/save by the end of the Open Beta...

I'm curious as to how stingy or loose everyone was with their money.

I ended up with around 1.8 mil at the end how about everyone else? ^^

Zero_Virus_X
Jul 3, 2012, 08:48 AM
Around 1.5 but I reclassed as soon as I got to 30.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 3, 2012, 08:49 AM
400K something, i splurged a lot on weps, armor and room decs+^_^+ lots and lots of room decs+^_^+ i should have money sitting in my shop waiting for me though+^_^+

GrandTickler
Jul 3, 2012, 08:49 AM
about 1mil, was gonna get a nice staff, but the last day i was like, nah, its gonna be worthless tommorow with the cap raise

velociti
Jul 3, 2012, 09:00 AM
Hehe, I wanted to post this exact thread!
4.2mill
I made alot on selling the 9 star, 310 damage sword for 1.3 mill (only 100 currently on ship 2), selling the 8 star staff for 1.6 mill (also about 100), it was the one that looked like it had stars.
Hoping i'm the richest in open beta, atleast for the English community.
AHA! It was you that made this thread Blackheart XD, you made me think about making this thread :P

EDIT: actually I have 4.5 or 4.6 mill now that I recall before the beta closed.

Angelo
Jul 3, 2012, 09:03 AM
30... 30k

....I feel like Charlie Bucket getting called out in class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XhVLcc36Nk&feature=related

jOhMG
Jul 3, 2012, 09:05 AM
30... 30k

Wonka Percentages - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XhVLcc36Nk&feature=related)

I feel your pain completely. I'm around that 30k mark myself.

To everyone above you all earn A in your 'Jew'(no offensive) test

jiasu73
i have around 13.2 mil. I made half of my money from vendorning the stuff i dont need to the npc shop and the other half by selling rares in the Auction house before the price drops.

Zyrusticae
I had...

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

Dirt freakin' poor. I spent it ALL on a new rod (+40 tech attack on that thing, so it was worth it!) and grinding the bugger.

LionHeart-
About 500k :(! I was selling pretty much everything but only manage to reach level 25 yesterday, where you are pretty much doubling your amount of meseta, per item drop.

Zeke154
Jul 3, 2012, 09:09 AM
430k i spent some of it in the player shops, would've around 700k

NoiseHERO
Jul 3, 2012, 09:09 AM
Thanks to our FUCKING AWESOME grinding, synthing and upgrading system?

Instead of having a least 600-800K I have like 100k... I THINK.

I DON'T REGRET spending a lot of money updating all of my PAs to 9 however, for WL and funslash at least.

Crysteon
Jul 3, 2012, 09:11 AM
I spent like 2mil on items, and left myself with 100k at most, lol.

velociti
Jul 3, 2012, 09:13 AM
Daaang 13 mill? That is insane! I could never imagine getting that... you have 3 times what I do XD. You could buy some insane gear when Tundra comes out, and look cooler than anyone :P
and lol @ johmg

Zeke154
Jul 3, 2012, 09:14 AM
Thanks to our FUCKING AWESOME grinding, synthing and upgrading system?

Instead of having a least 600-800K I have like 100k... I THINK.

I DON'T REGRET spending a lot of money updating all of my PAs to 9 however, for WL and funslash at least.

Rock I'll be joining you in 100k zone or less, once official release starts, grinding and item shopping will kill my in-game wallet.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 3, 2012, 09:21 AM
I ended with about 150k since I only got to level 21 and grinded all my middle range gear rather than selling grinders and whatnot lol

eharima
Jul 3, 2012, 09:25 AM
About 450k thanks to grinding and adding abilitys,
mang I was buying weapons just for them to magically disappear when failing attribute grinding heh.
That and the fact I have spent at least 30~ hrs doing symbol arts last week ><

youcantcatchtheblue
Jul 3, 2012, 09:26 AM
Item Shops definitely decreased my meseta by a lot. It was really nice to be able to just buy Lv.9 disks for your PA's. Now I wonder if the shops will be less useful once official release starts... since not everyone will be able to sell... things will definitely be a lot more pricey.

I had about 300k at the end of OBT. Now I kinda regret not spending more and getting everything I wanted from the shops.

Darki
Jul 3, 2012, 09:34 AM
Around 10k, and all because that damn Rappy Fan Fan talis that didn't want to go past +8 grind. I've probably gone over the 5m and burned it all buying my 3 rarz (rappy fan fan, red processor, the blue little gunslash), getting Ragne Soul into the two tech weps (which took a couple tries each, plus the fodder needed for it) and then grinding the rod (managed to get it to +10) and the talis (that didn't want to, the bitch).

Still, I like the looting in this game much more than PSU. You can actually make money even just NPCing stuff, got the 320k that I paid for the talis in a couple hard mode runs.

Ce'Nedra
Jul 3, 2012, 09:35 AM
I had like only 80k...How do people get so much meseta so fast...Sure I bought a few rares but even if I didn't I would only have about 150~200k...x.x

jooozek
Jul 3, 2012, 09:37 AM
I had like only 80k...How do people get so much meseta so fast...Sure I bought a few rares but even if I didn't I would only have about 150~200k...x.x
Hard mode free fields multiparty PSE farming.

And as for myself, I think around 200k, I don't really hoard meseta (most likely would have like 3M if I didn't upgrade stuff so much), I was using it for grinding/ability upgrading/ability swapping/element grinding/buying mag fodder/buying weapons with wanted abilities.

darkante
Jul 3, 2012, 09:37 AM
Only have around 200k, but thatīs because i buy so many things.
Otherwise if i were stingy maybe 700-800k.

Rappy Launcher and that scaly white-Purple launcher looked beast so i got those.
Although, only have the requirement for the scaly, just so strange too see it shoot those blue blast as normal attacks but the P.A isnīt affected.
Gonna be a little annoying if you donīt like the design of the weapon, but you like the shooting animation. Good thing i liked both sides.

Yasminkov is a classic so given that it get it too then i got one of those 9* rifles since it were so cheap.

Anyway, also bought some cheap units that looked like a Batwing, some animal things for the arms and a Dragon tail i think. Just didnīt see the preview of the tail so i couldnīt say, but iīm a sucker for tails. :3

My pimp Hucast didnīt mind the Devilīs tail either in PSO. X3

Blackheart521
Jul 3, 2012, 09:41 AM

Well I made probably around 1 mil probably from just from selling stuff in the player shops, then the rest was just play and sell everything that wasn't an upgrade to NPCs, I barely bought anything from the shops and only grinded one weapon to max the entire time, which I still have equipped now...

I made sure that I would be using a weapon for a decently large amount of time before I upgraded it, because whats the point if you'll just be replacing it in a day or two? ^^

Darki
Jul 3, 2012, 09:41 AM

vacumn-cleaning the floor in every mission to the point that you gotta telepipe a couple times to sell shit to the camp ship shop would get you easily 10~50k meseta per run, that without rarz involved.

Doing City in hard and staying the 20 minutes without going to the boss, if the buzz goes on and there is a long burst can leave the floor literally seeded with stuff, last time I went there was a cross burst that lasted only 3 turns and I had to spend a couple minutes mashing the pick-up button. xD

My problem is not getting the money, is spending it. I really like the grinding, element increasing and affix transfer features at the tekker, so I just made that bastard rich. xD

Peejay
Jul 3, 2012, 09:46 AM
I got a Rappy Launcher and went from 2 mill to 250k.

Goddamnit, upgrading.

Natsuma
Jul 3, 2012, 10:30 AM
500,000 mesetas left, I spent a lot on rare weapons and upgrading :-)

DTwO
Jul 3, 2012, 10:45 AM
5 millyunn dollahs!!!Oh wait...

300k meseta.I honestly thought about selling everything but i was having to much fun with friends.So i said fack it,plus its EXTREMELY easy to make 200k with a multiparty and pse bursts.

Arika
Jul 3, 2012, 10:56 AM
Sad to say.. only 3 mil, and already spend 500k on Fire weapon for Tundra.
so remain 2.5 mil only/

Still waiting Jiasu to donate me some wealthy.

Dammy
Jul 3, 2012, 10:59 AM
got like 4,2 mil

Bradders
Jul 3, 2012, 11:01 AM
(In DR Evil's voice) won hundred meelion dowllas

ibaraki_ben
Jul 3, 2012, 11:02 AM
I have about 7,000,000.

Kazzi
Jul 3, 2012, 11:08 AM
I ended on 24 meseta 8D I went and bought a load of room stuff since people who didn't plan on getting premium/myroom were selling them for dirt cheap on the marketplace before the server went down.

Same for a lot of weapons and especially tech discs.

Valkyrie Lovrina
Jul 3, 2012, 11:08 AM
almost 200k. :-x
I was constantly spending my Meseta on player shop stuff when I should have been saving to buy Echo's outfit from a player shop. I'm ashamed of myself, why did I have to buy that Vol Tail with Vol Soul. I'm so impulsive. :nono:

Gama
Jul 3, 2012, 11:12 AM
about 155k lol wich is probbly the highest i ever got on pso2 "i love me some grinding"

i wanted to buy a soul eater :p

Xane
Jul 3, 2012, 11:21 AM
2m :<
Now I feel poor. q.q

Alenoir
Jul 3, 2012, 11:24 AM
Only 210k-ish... And maybe have 30k stocked up in Visiphone or something.

Would probably make a bit more if I don't just hoard all my weapons/equips.

goldwing
Jul 3, 2012, 11:29 AM
I good sir made 300k. Im so proud of myself for it to. 500k here i come!!!

TecherRamen
Jul 3, 2012, 11:29 AM
around 100k. I Never made very good use of the player shop. So I sold a lot of stuff to the npc that I could have gotten more for

Saffran
Jul 3, 2012, 11:52 AM
I think the most I ever got was 60k.
I rather like the flow of meseta in the game. In PSOBB you'd hit a point where you would never need to buy anything, ever. (only played PSU offline so I never really paid attention).

I spent a lot in grinding/synthing though. And it felt nice.

Randomness
Jul 3, 2012, 11:54 AM
200k or so. Only hit 23.

Alnet
Jul 3, 2012, 11:56 AM
I don't think I was really paying attention, so I might have somewhere around 140-150k. The most I ever carried was about 225k.

I kept burning up money trying to do Grinding and Skill Transfer. I ran out of Grinders at some point, which is the only reason I stopped.

Ryo
Jul 3, 2012, 11:56 AM
80K, I kept buying rares all over the place, since I NEVER FIND ANY!

hamsterlover001
Jul 3, 2012, 12:02 PM
lol im lvl 20 and i have about 30k now because i used my messeta to buy a plain rappy launcher with 30% ice attribute but i gave it alot of abilities well the important ones i wanted and it has 50% exp and 80% drop rate XD so nows i wait till i can equip it :D

darkante
Jul 3, 2012, 12:16 PM
80K, I kept buying rares all over the place, since I NEVER FIND ANY!

I feel your pain. I got 2 lousy rares on Normal that are more expensive to tekk then you earn selling it.
Big rip-off there.

ZER0 DX
Jul 3, 2012, 12:19 PM
I had 100k, then I bought a couple Partisans that were just a little bit better than what I was using and now I'm down to about 40k.

bryanbtje
Jul 3, 2012, 12:25 PM
Went from 50k to 400k by selling my room decorations at the last moment

Ce'Nedra
Jul 3, 2012, 12:29 PM
I'm not even able to join hard mode free field quests (why lv30 req for the forest one anywya...caves and desert i can understand...) except for emergency which i've only seen twice total during OBT...

That and I already pick up everything i find x.x

Hamskin
Jul 3, 2012, 12:33 PM
At about 270k(Unless a bunch of stuff sold, while i was asleep). Was lurking the shops early yesterday and picked up some rare ranger equips to use later on that was 5-10k. Think they were 8stars. Surprised i saw em cheap.

RavenLeader
Jul 3, 2012, 12:42 PM
About 2mil, would have had more but I ended up buying a poison soul eater and putting power 2 and poison 2 onto it, then a new sword with a light attribute that i ended up putting power 2 and burn 2 onto, as well as a new gunslash that has a exp buff item drop buff and burn, then a new wired lance (lightning attribute) which i ended up putting power 2 and shock onto, as well as a ice sword which has power 2 and freeze 2 onto, i'm still in need of a dark weapon... but yeah i upgraded my entire arsenal X) and sold my old gear (all +10 30%+ stuff) and i bought some other junk, then I spent a bunch on grinding (which i'm always successful at it seems) so now im stuck at 2 mill and have the tools i need till well lvl 40 X)

HandOfThornz
Jul 3, 2012, 12:52 PM
i ended up with around 950k.
Grinding took up about 2 mil over the OB period.
synthing weapons (adding properties bonus's to weapons) was the biggest money sync and most waste of time. None of them where successful if above grade one (going from 0>1 or 1>2) so i stuck with grinding and elemental % adding.

I swear we could upgrade armor elemental %'s in CBT? Are we not able to grind armor elemental properties anymore?

Zeota
Jul 3, 2012, 12:53 PM
I had just under 300k on me in the end.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 3, 2012, 01:11 PM
30... 30k

Wonka Percentages - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XhVLcc36Nk&feature=related)

loling

i ended up with like 30k cause i bought so much stuff.

BIG OLAF
Jul 3, 2012, 01:21 PM
I fluctuated anywhere between 500k and 100k, due to grinding and boosting elements on just about every "good" non-rare weapon I found.

As for the people that already have millions: boy, I wish I could get lucky and find 100 rare drops a run like you guys. That's some easy money.

gigawuts
Jul 3, 2012, 02:04 PM
I made in total around 1.2-1.3m, 1m probably vendored. The rare gods were not with me this past week.

I spent probably 450k on my vol scale and a few upgrades I couldn't find via drop, then spent 300k failing to take my vol scale to +10. Thankfully I wound up at +8 again - where I started my +10 attempts from - and quit while I was ahead (or more accurately, while I wasn't behind).

So at the end I had nearly 400k again. The rest of it was spent experimenting with the crafting system.

Vylera
Jul 3, 2012, 02:06 PM
96k.

I spend as soon a I have enough to spend.

..On MyRoom

>_>

Didn't reach the hard free fields since I was only level 20. Probably would've been a smarter idea to raise one level 30 instead of leveling up HU & RA side-by-side.

Oh well, I had my fun.

Adept
Jul 3, 2012, 02:11 PM
Made 10m from a lot of rare farming (and selling a good vol scale for 3m). Recently spent 2m on that green laser partisan though since it looks cool.

moorebounce
Jul 3, 2012, 02:44 PM
I had about 500k until I figured out how to buy stuff. lol once I figured that out I blew almost my whole load. lol

Scarlet_Rain
Jul 3, 2012, 02:57 PM
like 10k lol. spent like 800k in PS. 250k right before shutdown

sugarFO
Jul 3, 2012, 03:01 PM
30... 30k

Lmao! You're funny.

Don't worry. I spent 1mil on a staff just because it was pink with hearts. I'll probably have to get a new one for 40 but oh well. 400k left.

BIG OLAF
Jul 3, 2012, 03:01 PM
I blew almost my whole load. lol

I laughed moderately hard.

/immaturity

DreXxiN
Jul 3, 2012, 03:03 PM
Congratulations to those who kept their money low rather than high; you most likely played the game efficiently. Money is for spending after all :P.

I think I have around 400k leftover but I've accumulated far more than that, but spent a lot of meseta on Affixed weapons, same element weapons, and music discs. Mostly upgrade fodder though.

Not a fan of just having money sit around; if I'm filthy rich it means my gear could get better or I could do something with my outfit/room unless I've been playing the game for years and I'm just not optimizing my gameplay :).

supersonix9
Jul 3, 2012, 03:18 PM
Like 200k. Had 400k-500k-ish and just spent it on My Room stuff.

Nu Lo Yin
Jul 3, 2012, 03:19 PM
Thought I would have a bit more time to save more up. I spent about 10 mil two days ago before I closed out, leaving just under 10 mil left. I wanted to end the OB with a bit over 20 mil, but when at work yesterday read about the launch of the full game. Oh well. 10 mil it is

Gama
Jul 3, 2012, 03:39 PM
is it weird that i only paid 4000 meseta for my talis? lol

Ueno54
Jul 3, 2012, 03:43 PM
350k? I spent too much on level 9 Techs.

Phantasma
Jul 3, 2012, 03:47 PM
3 million tops, but blew 1 million on forting/attributing/element enhancing multiple weapons...then the strongest wired lance ever showed up on the the market for 3.15 million... I. WAS. SO. SAD.

Little over 2 mill remaining...qq

D-Inferno
Jul 3, 2012, 04:16 PM
Like 170k. I really don't get how people are making meseta so easily. I put Lv7+ Hunter PAs up for less than 3500 Meseta, and it still goes unsold.

MelancholyWitch
Jul 3, 2012, 04:25 PM
Cross burst, and PSE burst also farming hard modes, I made a decent amount considering I didn't play as much as I could of, I think it'll be okay though I have a feeling if your one of those that aren't planning on getting premium set or anything like that yet then it's a good thing you don't have much Meseta, it's like what are you going to buy if you can't?

Gardios
Jul 3, 2012, 04:30 PM
400k. I'm not even close to Lv 30 yet anyway.

gigawuts
Jul 3, 2012, 04:30 PM
Congratulations to those who kept their money low rather than high; you most likely played the game efficiently. Money is for spending after all :P.

I think I have around 400k leftover but I've accumulated far more than that, but spent a lot of meseta on Affixed weapons, same element weapons, and music discs. Mostly upgrade fodder though.

Not a fan of just having money sit around; if I'm filthy rich it means my gear could get better or I could do something with my outfit/room unless I've been playing the game for years and I'm just not optimizing my gameplay :).

There's no shame in saving up for powerful weapons. PSO1 even has a quest where you simply tell some guy to quit buying stuff as soon as he gets money.

In fact, if the open beta is indicative of the final game's rares, then after a few levels the next yellow drops will typically outperform the last level's rares, if not in damage then definitely in terms of cost-effectiveness because of grinding chances and costs. I'll be sticking to those mainly, and buying top performance weapons only rarely and when I'm comfortable with how low the price has fallen.

mousel
Jul 3, 2012, 04:33 PM
About 50k :D max I ever had was a little over 100k. I spent a lot on grinding weapons, and a fair amount on random stuff in shops ("OMG I HAVE TO HAVE THIS MUSIC DISC!"). There were a couple times I wished I'd saved up more for buying stuff in shops, but I was still enjoying the game a ton, so who cares really?

I only got to hard mode a few hours before open beta ended though, so I didn't really have a chance to find tons of rares to sell. Found 2 in a week and a half of normal mode, and 3 in just a few hours of hard mode - so I can understand why some of you have so much meseta lol.

Phantasma
Jul 3, 2012, 04:36 PM
How2make money (read: how I made money):
1. Finding weapons with (mainly) Vol Soul and multiple other attributes in them. Sell on market. Hunters go nuts for them. Or magic stuffs with Ragune Soul in them for casts and Technique 1/2/3 guns for rangers. Obviously it may cost a bit of money/luck to make more money.
2. PSE Bursts. Kill stuff. Hold E.
3. Sell all useless weapons. Shops pay a slight premium for weapons with elements in them. The higher level you are, the better weaps you get which command a higher base price of like 800 or so. Add elements and you get >1k meseta per weapon.

Crimson Exile
Jul 3, 2012, 04:44 PM
I made about 1.5 mil. Currently have 400k. Mostly spent money upgrading weapons and abilities which drain pockets fast. After I finished my 4 partisan's money started to flow in since I had nothing to spend it on.

Archeal
Jul 3, 2012, 04:48 PM
I only had 5k Meseta, I didn't play too much during Open beta...

Aeris
Jul 3, 2012, 04:54 PM
Probably nearly 2 million i made but most was spent on some rares since i keep on getting rares like the 7 star gunblade every time and 7 star card weapon that i already founded before, have like 540k-550k+ atm.

Cavistus
Jul 3, 2012, 04:59 PM
Only about 1.2 mill here. Sold an Axeon for 250k, a Remodel Room (Small) for 75k, a 7 star polearm for 100k, a photon launcher for 100k, and a few measly green stars for 100k each (wayyy more than they were actually worth)

JeyKama
Jul 3, 2012, 05:52 PM
About 200k... Kept trying to grind up my Cavalry armor set, then ran out of grinders :<

MelancholyWitch
Jul 3, 2012, 06:11 PM
Probably nearly 2 million i made but most was spent on some rares since i keep on getting rares like the 7 star gunblade every time and 7 star card weapon that i already founded before, have like 540k-550k+ atm.

The story of my life too... only rares I got were gunblades and cards or units I couldn't use, there were rumors about the type of weapon and class you using affecting what drops you get, I find this to be completely false, seeing as I had to buy my Ranger rares rather than finding them.

Yunfa
Jul 3, 2012, 06:19 PM
i have around 13.2 mil. I made half of my money from vendorning the stuff i dont need to the npc shop and the other half by selling rares in the Auction house before the price drops.

Tah fuq?! On top of school, weekends dedicated on moving to the new apartment with girlfriend, AND a part time job I didn't sleep every other day playing PSO2 and thought 8mill was pretty damn good. The only things I was able to quickly sell on the market was decorations from scratch off tickets. Even weapons with Vol Soul @ 3k each didn't sell at all. I think the MAJORITY of my meseta came from just killing monsters on Hard. I played so much without sleep I lost track of the freaking days of the week. I remain very skeptical on 13.2mill, especially for a newcomer to this game. Hell I can read katakana and hiragana, and have been a hardcore PSO fan since the Gamecube days with 12 characters, so I know and recognize my way around the game. Yes I am very bitter, so very bitter.

ryoko227
Jul 3, 2012, 07:42 PM
Had about 60k when it finished up. Granted I'm only lvl18 and don't have much time to play. That and I love swapping affixes :D

Polly
Jul 3, 2012, 07:46 PM
Around 69k, probably netted a total of over 100'ish k over the course of the beta. Only level 17, ain't care. I'm the 99%.

Masou_Shizuka
Jul 3, 2012, 07:48 PM
2M
At one time,I've had 5M
But there 's lots of things...

LokinModar
Jul 3, 2012, 08:00 PM
Never got any red box item or rare weapon. Not even photon drops...

Demon-
Jul 3, 2012, 09:34 PM
Like around 50k because I'm a grindaholic.

Polly
Jul 3, 2012, 09:38 PM
Like around 50k because I'm a grindaholic.

Grinding drives me batty. Not because of the Random Number Generator Gods but because I'm always paranoid that if I do grind something, I'm just gonna find something better 20 minutes later.