PDA

View Full Version : All weapon types in the release?

Deviruki
Jul 3, 2012, 11:38 AM
I feel like this has been asked already, but I guess I'll ask anyway.
Does anyone know if the other weapon types are gonna be available with the release/July update?

Double saber, twin saber, daggers (<3), claws, etc?

Any info at all as to when these will show up would be great.

EDIT: The fact that the Daylight Scar is a wired lance makes me think that WLs are replacing daggers. :c

GoldenFalcon
Jul 3, 2012, 11:42 AM
It's wierd, because knuckles should definitely be returning, but there's a whole lot of old knuckles that are wireblades right now, Gudda Skela for example
Unless the spoiler is just a unique thing to the spoiler, which would be lame

But, with the reasoning that there needs to be "advanced" classes of each, so that force can get dark and wind tech trees, I assume advanced ranger would get 2 more guns and advanced hunter would get 2 or 3 more melee weapons, so don't lose hope

Ryo
Jul 3, 2012, 11:44 AM
Knuckles are coming, they're even shown in part of Chapter 1's cut scene.

Sizustar
Jul 3, 2012, 11:44 AM
CB data mining has found slots for
Twin Dagger, Machine Gun, Dual Saber, Knuckle.

And that there are 8 PA per weapon, and currently there are two PA that are ingame that aren't named, a Light Tech that shoots a Laser beam(EXCALIBUR) and a Fire wave Tech.

Darki
Jul 3, 2012, 11:45 AM
I'd way that the weapons are going to be missing from other games are claws and whips from PSO and PSU, because WL seems to cover those slots pretty well. But don't pay topo much atention to the categories they use for some weapons, because in PSU daylight scar was a claw and not a dagger. The dagger fighting style hasn't been used in other weapons, unlike saber, handgun (gunblade), claw or whip (WL). They might still come.

AlMcFly
Jul 3, 2012, 11:45 AM
Nothing has been announced saying new weapons will come at launch tomorrow. However it is almost certain that new weapons will come later in the future as shown from data mining.

*Kadaj*
Jul 3, 2012, 12:36 PM
what about armors ? its weird only units increase your def

Slidikins
Jul 3, 2012, 12:38 PM
EDIT: The fact that the Daylight Scar is a wired lance makes me think that WLs are replacing daggers. :cThe fact that the Sue-looking HUnewearl in the intro was using Wired Lances makes me think that they're replacing daggers.

Blackheart521
Jul 3, 2012, 12:47 PM

Units = Armor

Just because it isn't traditional to the game series doesn't make those not considered armor... they are most likely the replacement for armor, special abilities on armor are a replacement/equivalent for the units from PSO. ^^

aduran
Jul 3, 2012, 12:56 PM

mutuation, body, ability, all resists all at their max values would make armors really nice that's 4 slots. Looks like on the search you can have up to 10 slots.

youcantcatchtheblue
Jul 3, 2012, 12:58 PM
Knuckles are coming, they're even shown in part of Chapter 1's cut scene.

This.

Also, does anyone know what kind of weapon the girl in that cut-scene has? It looks like a boomerang to me o_O

Zekester
Jul 3, 2012, 01:54 PM
Im super excited to hear Knuckles are returning, my favorite weapon type from PSU.
But Gudda Skela as a Wire Lance? :/

Lostbob117
Jul 3, 2012, 01:55 PM
I don't get why knuckles are coming back when the have wired lances.

Vylera
Jul 3, 2012, 01:57 PM
Looking forward to machine guns and dual sabers.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 3, 2012, 02:29 PM
It's wierd, because knuckles should definitely be returning, but there's a whole lot of old knuckles that are wireblades right now, Gudda Skela for example
Unless the spoiler is just a unique thing to the spoiler, which would be lame

But, with the reasoning that there needs to be "advanced" classes of each, so that force can get dark and wind tech trees, I assume advanced ranger would get 2 more guns and advanced hunter would get 2 or 3 more melee weapons, so don't lose hope

IT GIVES ME HOPE AND SIMULTANEOUSLY GIVES RANGERS LEAD THE WAY DESPAIR, THAT KNUCKLES WILL COME NEWLY REDESIGNED AS FRESH, SLIM, SLEEK LOOKING WEAPONS INSTEAD OF THOSE SOCK'EM BOPPERS

my hope stems from how yes, most original huge fat knuckles are coming back as wired lances.

NoiseHERO
Jul 3, 2012, 02:32 PM

The same reason PSU and PSO had both claws AND knuckles.

They're different weapons for people that like them specifically.

Even if people that don't care much for them think they'd be similar.

Now to punch you for saying this.

Also, anyone got a screen shot of this supposed chapter 1 reveal of knuckles?

gigawuts
Jul 3, 2012, 02:32 PM
CB data mining has found slots for
Twin Dagger, Machine Gun, Dual Saber, Knuckle.

And that there are 8 PA per weapon, and currently there are two PA that are ingame that aren't named, a Light Tech that shoots a Laser beam(EXCALIBUR) and a Fire wave Tech.

Interesting, it's twin dagger and not twin saber? I've been under the impression that daggers were replaced by wired lances. With the legacy talis and photon launcher making a return I'd also expect the legacy musashi.

No reason we can't have both I guess.

Adelheid
Jul 3, 2012, 02:37 PM
I hope to god knuckles are the stupid comical knuckles from PSU... I want badass designed guanlets, not boulders on my fists.

Gully Foyle
Jul 3, 2012, 02:40 PM
New weapon types will (presumably) be attached to the skill tree. So Fists would need to be implemented along with something like Fist gear and whatnot. I'm guessing that's the reason why it will be a little more time consuming to implement new weapon types.

Personally, I don't mind because weapons are more mechanically interesting in this game than in PSU and PSO.

Lostbob117
Jul 3, 2012, 02:41 PM
The same reason PSU and PSO had both claws AND knuckles.

They're different weapons for people that like them specifically.

Even if people that don't care much for them think they'd be similar.

Now to punch you for saying this.

Also, anyone got a screen shot of this supposed chapter 1 reveal of knuckles?

Rocket punchers go from being guns, to knuckles, to wired lances. The Rocket punchers actually made me think that the knuckles won't return in this one.

Finetic
Jul 3, 2012, 02:44 PM
I just want Twin Daggers, (personal favorite from PSO. I LOVED the Grass-Assassin blades.) Double-Sabers, and hopefully SLICERS.

Though I doubt we'll see slicers considering they weren't in PSU.

Lostbob117
Jul 3, 2012, 02:45 PM
I just want Twin Daggers, (personal favorite from PSO. I LOVED the Grass-Assassin blades.) Double-Sabers, and hopefully SLICERS.

Slicers were in PSU.

Finetic
Jul 3, 2012, 02:55 PM
Slicers were in PSU.

Were they there from launch? If so I will facepalm hard, but I only played PSU for the first 8 months or so, and I don't seem to recall ever seeing them. :-?

gigawuts
Jul 3, 2012, 02:59 PM

Sorry to burst your bubble, but G.Assassin Blades were twin sabers (or twin swords, depending what you're reading).

They may well make a comeback with dagger animations though, depending on how they look. I seem to recall a couple weapons looking like one but behaving like the other as well, G.Assassin Blades were one of the weapons that skirted that line what with the unfolding animation.

Oh yeah, and I direly want slicers. I hated slicers until I went hunter, what great weapons. Slicers did make a comeback in PSZ, albeit as force weapons I think.

Squall179
Jul 3, 2012, 03:14 PM
Whooooole lotta Fistytalk here....makes me nervous.

anyway...

DID I read that right and dual daggers are listed in the system? if so YES, MGS as well if so YES!

I WANT MY KNIVES ARGH!

oh and in PS Portable 2, G Assasin blades were set up as twin daggers.

AND Slicers Were in PSU, but only from AotI onward.

Hobbez
Jul 3, 2012, 03:27 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble, but G.Assassin Blades were twin sabers (or twin swords, depending what you're reading).

They may well make a comeback with dagger animations though, depending on how they look. I seem to recall a couple weapons looking like one but behaving like the other as well, G.Assassin Blades were one of the weapons that skirted that line what with the unfolding animation.

Oh yeah, and I direly want slicers. I hated slicers until I went hunter, what great weapons. Slicers did make a comeback in PSZ, albeit as force weapons I think.

The original G. Assasin blades were daggers in PSO. No offense meant to anyone, but I don't pay much attention to anything that happened in PSU.

supersonix9
Jul 3, 2012, 03:29 PM
When do we get One-Handed Sabers and Sheilds like in Portable 2? Huh?

Gama
Jul 3, 2012, 03:30 PM
if its listed on the game "thank god i want my daggers" i hope forces are able to use them... since theyre fast low damage weapons "like the gunblade" i see no reason not to enable them to all classes... but probbly will be hunter only...

gigawuts
Jul 3, 2012, 03:30 PM
The original G. Assasin blades were daggers in PSO. No offense meant to anyone, but I don't pay much attention to anything that happened in PSU.

On this very site: http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=271&sortby=name

Maybe you're thinking of the Pan Arms Blades?

Deviruki
Jul 3, 2012, 03:31 PM
Thanks for all the responses guys, glad to know that most of the weapons are coming back. c:

Now I just have to wait til 1AM. orz /impatient

supersonix9
Jul 3, 2012, 03:32 PM
On this very site: http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=271&sortby=name

No, that's the correct item. They're Daggers. I've owned them and used them. I know what dagger animations look like.

Hobbez
Jul 3, 2012, 03:34 PM

I stand corrected

gigawuts
Jul 3, 2012, 03:39 PM
No, that's the correct item. They're Daggers. I've owned them and used them. I know what dagger animations look like.

The only reason I'm even debating this is I recently made a new character on PSO GC and found them about a year ago. I used them as recently as december last year. I know for a fact they're twin sabers. They were my go-to twin sabers for quite a while until I found an Asuka, using the attack timing to keep certain enemies from attacking between my own attacks. They function identically to the Musashi/Yamato/Asuka line of weapons, differing only in the unfolding animation.

If you don't believe me I won't draw it out into a meaningless argument, but I know very well what they are. The database and numerous guides here agree with me. Other sites agree with me.

They can't all be wrong.

Finetic
Jul 3, 2012, 03:45 PM
I know the attack animation of the G.Assasin's blades was the same as every Dagger type weapon, except for how they "unfolded". They sure as hell felt and played like daggers to me, even though they are indeed classified as Twin Swords/Sabers.

Gama
Jul 3, 2012, 04:02 PM
i see room for confusion so...

lets clear stuff up.

http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=139&sortby=name

http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=271&sortby=name

http://www.pso-world.com/images/items/pamarmblade.jpghttp://www.pso-world.com/images/items/grassassblade.jpg

pan arms blade "dagger" and g-assassins arms "t saber"

seems to me that this is the twin saber stance.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/items/BB-G-ASSASSIN_SABERS-ACTION-1.jpg

gigawuts
Jul 3, 2012, 04:06 PM
Well, someone in another thread said they were daggers in the portable series, so that's probably where all this confusion is stemming from. I never played those.

It honestly doesn't even matter. I know they had five attacks in the whole combo (matching twin sabers - daggers had six attacks in a combo), even if you don't remember the animation I'm completely certain of that. A slash, a stab and twirl, and two crossing slashes.

I even looked on youtube because without fail there is always a video of everything, but figures he scrolls past the g.a. sabers without showing them
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOLQ0pshSC8

Near the end of that there's the twin saber animations on the Asuka. In my GC game that's what the g-assassin sabers have.

Sorry to get it so far off topic, but I was wondering why everyone was saying they were daggers when I know otherwise. It's funny that they changed them in the portable games.

Finetic
Jul 3, 2012, 04:16 PM
Ah, indeed my rusty PSO memory tricked me into thinking they were the same animation (though they are fairly similar.) I stand corrected, thank you for clearing it up. Never meant to hijack the thread.

Back on topic: SLICERS.

Mechguns would also make me happy.

Squall179
Jul 3, 2012, 04:47 PM
Well, someone in another thread said they were daggers in the portable series, so that's probably where all this confusion is stemming from. I never played those.

It honestly doesn't even matter. I know they had five attacks in the whole combo (matching twin sabers - daggers had six attacks in a combo), even if you don't remember the animation I'm completely certain of that. A slash, a stab and twirl, and two crossing slashes.

I even looked on youtube because without fail there is always a video of everything, but figures he scrolls past the g.a. sabers without showing them Phantasy Star Online Special Weapon Show (gamecube) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOLQ0pshSC8)

Near the end of that there's the twin saber animations on the Asuka. In my GC game that's what the g-assassin sabers have.

Sorry to get it so far off topic, but I was wondering why everyone was saying they were daggers when I know otherwise. It's funny that they changed them in the portable games.

Yes, in PS Portable 2, I have a few dozen pair of those as daggers. Personally they look NICE as daggers.

THe grip is actively flipped upside down on how they are held opposed to how they are in PSO, as Sabers.

SLICERS, YES.

I WANT THESE.

Cyclon
Jul 3, 2012, 04:50 PM
G-assassin's blade are twin sa... oh, too late.

The fact that the Sue-looking HUnewearl in the intro was using Wired Lances makes me think that they're replacing daggers.
Well, twin daggers aren't in the game as of now, so that's only likely they won't put them into the intro. And the w.lance needed some spotlight too, since it's a brand new weapon.
Twin daggers are definitely making a comeback.

Touka
Jul 3, 2012, 04:54 PM

Wired Lance=more long ranged weapon,mainly for throwing enemies around like ragdolls.
Knuckles=close combat melee with good damage,no idea what the photon arts will be like but more than likely rearranging your victim's jaw with your steel fist.