PDA

View Full Version : Design Your Own BA Rule!

ChibiMyu
Mar 24, 2003, 03:33 PM
Rules 3 and 6 have been the most popular battle mode rules so far, but if you could design your own BA rule, what would it be? I doubt any of these ideas will ever become a real BA rule, but it's fun to see what ideas people come up with.

Pointers: You can set it in any area, including those outside the simulator (ie. the forest), and you can also include any monsters, items, etc. Traditional patterns, such as no scapes, and time limits may also be changed. If you were a fan of the DC style tech usage, you may also use that instead of the GC one. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, go ahead and make up your own rule anyway. It's all for fun. ^_~

My idea:
Rule 9: Geehive
Time limit: 10 minutes
Number of lives: Infinite
Level reset: Yes (level 10)
Drop weapons on death: Yes
Teams: No
Starting equipment: basic class weapons (saber/handgun/cane)
General description: The map is a dome-shaped hill with a spiral pathway leading upward (resembles a beehive). The object of the game is to reach the top of the hill and remain there for over 30 seconds (similar to the obstacle course). The catch is that Gee will randomly come out of the hive and attack you. Boxes will also appear around the course at timed intervals. Other obstacles include random "sticky" spots that paralyze you like grass assassins do, and the fact that poison lilies surround the lower platform and will also try to paralyze the players when attacked by gee or the other players. (The random boxes should also have a high percent of antiparalysis, but on ultimate mode the lilies will become ob lilies and the boxes will contain dark resistance units)
Additional notes: When you die, you get sent to the bottom of the hill, unless you happen to find a scape doll in one of the boxes. The downside of using scapes is that although you remain where you are, you do not level up when you die. If you are at the top of the hill waiting for your 30 seconds to end, the counter will also reset if you die, even if you use a scape.

Lol, maybe rangers would actually have a BA rule that they are good at. ^_~

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ChibiMyu on 2003-03-24 12:35 ]</font>

DukeElrond
Mar 24, 2003, 03:37 PM
Cool idea and rule! *_*;;

If I were to make a BA rule, it would be a free-for-all in the spaceship room where the ceiling images change. Every player would be level 200 -- the last one standing would win. However, the catch would be that the room is full of Rag Rappies that can't die. @_@;;

You wouldn't get any weaps to being with, you would have to get them from boxes.

It would be interesting just trying to reach your opponent in that situation... lol.

Maelkith
Mar 24, 2003, 04:10 PM
level tug o war. both players start at 100. you lose 5 levels when killed and gain 5 when you kill. 10 minute time limit in a fully engaged mines 1. highest level player wins. using a healing rig steals back two levels. defeating area enemies gives 50x exp. a gilchic would give 5800 exp for example.

Mirth
Mar 24, 2003, 07:31 PM
Shrinking battle lol.... kinda like an odd man out thing, the current winner in the fight is shrunken so they move slower and such.

LordCronai
Mar 24, 2003, 07:50 PM
Name: What is the Matrix?
Description: Every hunters of PSO must try and become the One. You need guns. Lots of guns.
Equipment: Whatever handguns or mechguns you bring into the battle.

You take on a view similar to the one you take in the forest's Endless Nightmare spawn (I haven't played the caves one personally so I don't know if that's the same view), and you have 9 HP. A handgun shot does 3 damage, and a mechgun shot does 1 damage. Lots of walls and opportunities for ambush.

Para
Mar 24, 2003, 08:19 PM
hmm.. how about
name: redemption
level: everyone's level will be sum of all players level divided by the number of players (basically average level of all players). Everything else is kept.
Map: a small portion of the temple map
time: 10 minutes
lives: 10 lives only
level gain: +5
Traps: 3 of each kind for all players. androids get extra traps because of their specialty
weaponary found in the game: depends on the average level. example: level 80 and above will yield 5 star weapons while level 1-20 will yield 0-1 star weapons

ChibiMyu
Mar 24, 2003, 08:30 PM
On 2003-03-24 13:10, Maelkith wrote:
level tug o war. both players start at 100. you lose 5 levels when killed and gain 5 when you kill. 10 minute time limit in a fully engaged mines 1. highest level player wins. using a healing rig steals back two levels. defeating area enemies gives 50x exp. a gilchic would give 5800 exp for example.

Ooo... that one sounds fun. I would make it that you lose levels when you kill someone though... that way you get weaker and it becomes harder to kill your oponent. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

2Xtreme
Mar 24, 2003, 11:14 PM
I propose a rule called "Rule 10: 2.X.W." This rule, ("2Xtreme Wins" in longhand) is basically a rule where I could actually beat Kellen! o_O

DukeElrond
Mar 26, 2003, 12:13 AM
A BA rule where you get to be any boss and battle people as other bosses might be interesting... Or maybe one of the people gets to be any boss, and the other three would fight that person.

geewj
Mar 26, 2003, 06:04 AM
I have the best Idea.

Name: Dreamcast Rule 6

Rules: Everythig is just like Dreamcast rule 6 battle from no tech knockdown to the round circle shadows.

I want that one so much ._.

goaliedude10
Mar 26, 2003, 07:20 AM
Everyone level 1, 1 hit kills...

ChibiMyu
Mar 26, 2003, 02:29 PM
On 2003-03-26 03:04, Prof_Frink wrote:
I have the best Idea.

Name: Dreamcast Rule 6

Rules: Everythig is just like Dreamcast rule 6 battle from no tech knockdown to the round circle shadows.

I want that one so much ._.

lol, I was wondering if anyone was gonna say something like that. I want that too, but I'll settle for any rule 6 at the moment... but rule 6 with raf that doesn't knock you over would be very fun. Yum.