PDA

View Full Version : Content?

Flame
Jul 3, 2012, 01:39 PM
So it just occurred to me that the full game, when it launches tonight will only have 4 maps. Assuming that Sega continues to add major content to the game over the next few months how do you feel about the fact that they're releasing a very unfinished product? I mean we haven't even heard anything about a final field where DF might show up. I'm not saying that 4 maps is too small, given that the original game launched with that number, but I do think what they're releasing should be self contained and stand on its own. That is to say has a beginning middle and end.\

PS. I havent forgotten the city mission but it's too small and too repetitive to be considered a unique level on its own.

Sizustar
Jul 3, 2012, 01:40 PM
So it just occurred to me that the full game, when it launches tonight will only have 4 maps. Assuming that Sega continues to add major content to the game over the next few months how do you feel about the fact that they're releasing a very unfinished product? I mean we haven't even heard anything about a final field where DF might show up. I'm not saying that 4 maps is too small, given that the original game launched with that number, but I do think what they're releasing should be self contained and stand on its own. That is to say has a beginning middle and end.\

PS. I havent forgotten the city mission but it's too small and too repetitive to be considered a unique level on its own.

Is this your first MMORPG?

Wiz10011
Jul 3, 2012, 01:41 PM
It's F2P??? If you don't think its ready, dont spend money on AC. problem solved.

Malevolent215
Jul 3, 2012, 01:41 PM
I love it... plain and simple. It makes the future exciting and makes me curious instead knowing what's there. BTW, they already have a 5th area to be released soon, the Tunnels one.

RavenLeader
Jul 3, 2012, 01:47 PM
Or is this the first mmo that you've come into thats just starting off? of course theres not a large amount of content, it will come give it time, enjoy the content thats currently out you have 3 classes you can level up and meseta you can gather for new items when they finally do come out. It takes time to create massive amounts of content that other mmo's that have been out for months even years have. And the more successful the mmo the more content it will recieve (in theory) welcome to the beginning it's a long ride (hopefully) to the end don't be a total end game thinker enjoy the now :)

jooozek
Jul 3, 2012, 01:52 PM
I wouldn't have a problem with only 4 maps if they were actually more varied, as it is the elements from which they build are few. You'd think that after acquiring Three Rings, Spiral Knights developers, they'd use some stuff from their game. Spiral Knights has an amazing system of building dungeons, there is plenty of elements they use.

gigawuts
Jul 3, 2012, 01:56 PM
This is comparable to the original game's map count, however, the original game also had numerous distinct quests that were something besides go somewhere and kill something like you usually do. Even if what made them different was as plain as a scripted event and some speech bubbles, there was still content there.

I'm hoping Sega's been developing stuff like that.

skuld01
Jul 3, 2012, 02:10 PM
Again I have to say this....

Different from all other MMO you played...this MMO, is packed with ACTION, and it is MMOTPSRPG!

TPS!? but even ME3 or MW3 or BF3 have it...(wait, MW3 and BF3 are FPS)

NO, in PSO2....you can JUMP! JUMP AND SHOOT! JUMPANDSHOOTMAN!

Fancy Megaman and shooting stuff? create a CAST and pick RAnger! or a HUnter if you want to slash stuff like Zero!

Fancy elf and magic? Create your own Newman and pick FOrce!

Plain and simple or cant choose? get a Human and pick whatever class you like!

I wanna say how cool the character creator is but it is too much to explain just by words...(Oh and don't forget the physic glitch/bug they just leave it there)

Don't like WoW that all you do just spamming "skill" and auto win? In PSO2, you need to DODGE! TIMING for Just Attack! Just Guard! It is a game with ACTION (again) where you don't spam and get the boring win....you THINK, REACT, and get the Challenged WIN! A real player get their own skill......by their skill! (not designed by game or whatsoever)

Random Stage! Bored by all the same map, encounter, and stuff like that? PSO2 feature random map for each mission, you will never know if a path lead to deadend or.....REWARD!

Random EVENT! even a random map won't satisfy your boredom? how about a random boss suddenly pops up at your path? a helicopter (Is THAT really a heli?) got hardlanded and SOS? Or even a teammate suddenly got kidnapped and getting ganked by a unlimited number of monster in a small round dark and sticky ...sphere with lots of red nasty roots?

There's MORE! but I bet you already going to register an account and start download then play it!

To register:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2725351&postcount=1678

And more INFO:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187376

tl:dr

PLAY IT!

Chik'Tikka
Jul 3, 2012, 02:12 PM
*remembers 360 PSU demo* the Beta had 20x more content then PSU beta/demo ever did+^_^+ remember too that this is official launch, so pretend you were not a tester and that you just got a new game and are playing it for the first time+^_^+

Different from all other MMO you played...this MMO, is packed with ACTION, and it is MMOTPSRPG!

+^_^+ wrong, it's really a MMOTPSJRPG+^_^+

Egner
Jul 3, 2012, 03:10 PM
When PSU first came out....It was exactly the same. Best believe this will have more soon enough ^.^ For now, enjoy whatcha get.

Gama
Jul 3, 2012, 03:23 PM

TPS!? but even ME3 or MW3 or BF3 have it...(wait, MW3 and BF3 are FPS)

NO, in PSO2....you can JUMP! JUMP AND SHOOT! JUMPANDSHOOTMAN!

Fancy Megaman and shooting stuff? create a CAST and pick RAnger! or a HUnter if you want to slash stuff like Zero!

Fancy elf and magic? Create your own Newman and pick FOrce!

Plain and simple or cant choose? get a Human and pick whatever class you like!

I wanna say how cool the character creator is but it is too much to explain just by words...(Oh and don't forget the physic glitch/bug they just leave it there)

Don't like WoW that all you do just spamming "skill" and auto win? In PSO2, you need to DODGE! TIMING for Just Attack! Just Guard! It is a game with ACTION (again) where you don't spam and get the boring win....you THINK, REACT, and get the Challenged WIN! A real player get their own skill......by their skill! (not designed by game or whatsoever)

Random Stage! Bored by all the same map, encounter, and stuff like that? PSO2 feature random map for each mission, you will never know if a path lead to deadend or.....REWARD!

Random EVENT! even a random map won't satisfy your boredom? how about a random boss suddenly pops up at your path? a helicopter (Is THAT really a heli?) got hardlanded and SOS? Or even a teammate suddenly got kidnapped and getting ganked by a unlimited number of monster in a small round dark and sticky ...sphere with lots of red nasty roots?

There's MORE! but I bet you already going to register an account and start download then play it!

To register:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2725351&postcount=1678

And more INFO:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187376

tl:dr

PLAY IT!

theres so much win in this coment.

SaiKo
Jul 3, 2012, 05:25 PM
Eh, if they would create a 'linked mode' that put all the levels together in a cohesive and continuous run a la PSO ep 1 and 2, then it'd be more than enough for me for now. I'd play the Hell out of that.

With the mission structure though, I do expect to get tired of it rather quick, so I'll probably just play for a week and then come back after new stuff gets added if it looks to be worth it.

FraB
Jul 3, 2012, 05:44 PM

I think they've already announced that another field is coming near the end of the month, the underground mines one. If they are able to keep content flowing at a decent pace I don't think lack of content will be a problem for many players except for those that dedicate extreme amounts of their time to playing.
I'm personally worried about a lack of challenge, especially for force and ranger who seem to be able to easily deal a lot of damage without putting themselves in any real risk in most boss fights so far. As long as they keep adding enemies/areas that force you to adapt and create new tactics and actually pose a challenge to players of all classes, I'll still be playing.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 3, 2012, 05:51 PM
I'm personally worried about a lack of challenge, especially for force and ranger who seem to be able to easily deal a lot of damage without putting themselves in any real risk in most boss fights so far. As long as they keep adding enemies/areas that force you to adapt and create new tactics and actually pose a challenge to players of all classes, I'll still be playing.

Well, the Tundra video shows the wolf boss totally destroying a ranger since they can't block
In this case, rangers and forces equipping something like Soul Eater in order to block sounds important if there's no hunter in the party