PDA

View Full Version : Master Asia Fan Club

Peejay
Jul 3, 2012, 01:55 PM
All hail the Undefeated of the East...
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6662709/26814818.png
Jean!

Undoubtedly you now know who his voice belongs to. If you paid any attention to the Gundam series that didn't suck, you'd know who he is. Yōsuke Akimoto is known for his roles as Gunrock in Power Stone, and well, Master Asia in a few other roles in the Super Robot Wars series.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6662709/Heavy-Scudo.jpg

There is something just awesome about the old men in a lot of shows. Always with some sort of wisdom and many long-winded speeches of love and justice that cause you to grow bored and wander away in the middle of it.

Top image shameless borrowed from Pixiv. Bottom image borrowed from bumped.org/psublog/

GoldenFalcon
Jul 3, 2012, 01:56 PM
His name is John

Zorafim
Jul 3, 2012, 01:57 PM
At nights, when I'm feeling lonely, I curl up and think about Jean.

Sp-24
Jul 3, 2012, 01:57 PM
His name is John
Nope, it's Jean. And I like the guy, he's one of the few adequate NPCs in this game.

Vylera
Jul 3, 2012, 01:58 PM
He uses weak bullet. How can you hate him.

gigawuts
Jul 3, 2012, 01:58 PM
Jean is boss, that is all.

NoiseHERO
Jul 3, 2012, 02:00 PM
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYessss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Blackheart521
Jul 3, 2012, 02:01 PM
He uses weak bullet. How can you hate him.

Afin and Lisa both use Weak bullet too. ^^

jooozek
Jul 3, 2012, 02:01 PM
Jean is a cool guy eh, too bad our characters are rude towards him with the ignoring him in one of the events.

Peejay
Jul 3, 2012, 02:02 PM
Afin and Lisa both use Weak bullet too. ^^

Jean uses to learn it quicker than the other two. He also is more accurate than Afin with it later, and Lisa just screws around because as a CAST she was specifically programmed to not care.

gigawuts
Jul 3, 2012, 02:06 PM
If I had to pick one NPC to hang out with in real life it would probably be Jean. The guy's chill to the max.

Sp-24
Jul 3, 2012, 02:12 PM
It just feels wrong when I select him as an NPC partner. It's guys like him who should be picking who goes with them on missions, since he's probably the only hunter on the ship who has passed the grade school. But meh, it's not like those who create underage girl characters would pick anybody other than Lisa, Echo, Maru or Affin anyway.

Resanoca
Jul 3, 2012, 02:14 PM
Nope, it's Jean. And I like the guy, he's one of the few adequate NPCs in this game.Actually, its more of Jan/Jann. Seriously, how does "Jyan" translate to "Jean"? You people are basing this shit of a patch that had mistranslations. Not saying the patch was shit or anything, but it did have mistranslations. Jean was one of them.

Edit: Unless for some reason I'm saying Jean wrong. Isn't it like Gee?

NoiseHERO
Jul 3, 2012, 02:17 PM
Erm can't Jean still be prounced jon/john?

Peejay
Jul 3, 2012, 02:18 PM
Actually, its more of Jan/Jann. Seriously, how does "Jyan" translate to "Jean"? You people are basing this shit of a patch that had mistranslations. Not saying the patch was shit or anything, but it did have mistranslations. Jean was one of them.

Edit: Unless for some reason I'm saying Jean wrong. Isn't it like Gee?

Well, does Jean sound more natural, or does Jyan? I don't think I've heard of a Jyan over here.

They were going with what sounds more natural, obviously.

That said, the difference is negligible anyways.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 3, 2012, 02:19 PM
If there is official romanization of his name, then okay

But before I see it, his name is John to me

gigawuts
Jul 3, 2012, 02:20 PM
I just punched it into google translate and out popped Jean. Try it yourself. Google translate is hardly infallible though.

BIG OLAF
Jul 3, 2012, 02:20 PM
Erm can't Jean still be prounced jon/john?

I thought Jean from Bayonetta was pronounced "Geen", until she showed up and everyone called her "John", basically.

I was all :o.

Cyclon
Jul 3, 2012, 02:21 PM
KIMIWA.

NoiseHERO
Jul 3, 2012, 02:22 PM
If there is official romanization of his name, then okay

But before I see it, his name is John to me

Deciding on your own what to call something un-official in english is one thing.

Deciding it for others...

Starts arguments like these...

Personally I like Jean better anyway. Also yes... KIMIWA......

Sp-24
Jul 3, 2012, 02:22 PM
His name is supposed to be french or something. I pronounce it "Jyan", but write is as "Jean", since things like Google Translate agree that it's correct.

Resanoca
Jul 3, 2012, 02:24 PM
Well, does Jean sound more natural, or does Jyan? I don't think I've heard of a Jyan over here.

They were going with what sounds more natural, obviously.

That said, the difference is negligible anyways.Did I say which sounds more natural? Nor am I saying its spelt as Jyan. That's just the romaji. Which when actually pronouncing Jyan, it doesn't sound like Jean. If anything, it sounds closer to John. It isn't John though, John would be Jyon.

His name is supposed to be french or something. I pronounce it "Jyan", but write is as "Jean", since things like Google Translate agree that it's correct.

To what I know, french say the name as Jeen, not Jyan. That and I don't even think ジャン is the correct characters for Jean. I think it'd be more like ジーン.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 3, 2012, 02:25 PM
if his name was john his katakana would probs be ジョン not ジャン like it is now

gigawuts
Jul 3, 2012, 02:26 PM
I nominate KIMIWA as the battlecry of all Jean allies.

Or was it kimika? NEITHER WORKS IN GOOGLE TRANSLATE I'M FLYING BLIND

And if it turns out this guy's name is the french Jean this guy is so much classier than I first realized. I hope at some point he goes bald and commands his own starship.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 3, 2012, 02:31 PM
ジョン would be pronounced "Jone"

^ yo

Sp-24
Jul 3, 2012, 02:33 PM
ジョン = "John"
ジョネ = "Jone"

Resanoca
Jul 3, 2012, 02:34 PM
ジョン would be pronounced "Jone"

^ yoNo, it'd be John. deldelight8 is right on that.

Cyclon
Jul 3, 2012, 02:35 PM
To what I know, french say the name as Jeen, not Jyan.

Actually, we say it like "gently", without the "ntly" sound.

...oh. I just blew my cover didn't I.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 3, 2012, 02:35 PM
I mean American jone
like jones

Peejay
Jul 3, 2012, 02:37 PM
Resa.

Please leave.

Sp-24
Jul 3, 2012, 02:38 PM
To what I know, french say the name as Jeen, not Jyan. That and I don't even think ジャン is the correct characters for Jean. I think it'd be more like ジーン.

That's a shame if it's true, because I like the "Jyan" version better.

Also:

ジョン = "John"
ジョネ = "Jone"

Repeated for emphasis. "ジョーン" may be close to americanised "Jone", though.

Harlocke
Jul 3, 2012, 02:40 PM
LOOK! THE EAST IS BURNING RED!

GCoffee
Jul 3, 2012, 02:40 PM
It's always fun when people of English background try to figure out how the hell to pronounce those Japanese characters names that all have their origin in Europe; they are basically clueless and come up with the most funny pronounciations ever. :wacko:

Resanoca
Jul 3, 2012, 02:44 PM
Resa.

Please leave.
Why should I leave? Because I'm trying to set something straight over a patch that we all know had a few mistranslations? Well, gee. I'm sorry if I'm trying to iron things out.

Not like I'm getting mad and telling someone to leave over this, nor am I going off on them and flaming. Honestly, I'm within my bounds.

I can't help but feel you're telling me this out of bias opinion from past things that you started in another place and that it has NOTHING to do with what we're talking about right now.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 3, 2012, 02:44 PM
japans system of romanizing foreign names/words is really stupid and it causes a lot of confusion so you don't really get it until you've watched a bunch of anime where all they do is pronounce stuff wrong (but right, in their language).

sometimes they romanize a word based off of sound. other times, they'll romanize it based off of how it's spelled in english and directly convert it to katakana (not sure about other languages).

imo it would make more sense if they always stuck with sound based conversion but they don't.

admittedly i can't think of any specific examples to support my claim above, but it's true. i'd bet one monomate, no no. one dimate. no

one trimate.

that it's true.

so as a result yeah confusion frustration hate anger rage dwells in a lot of gaijins that try to learn japanese and think their way of pronouncing foreign words is retarded

because a lot of the time it is

and to support resa something- AS TRUE FANS, SHOULD WE NOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO PRONOUNCE ZSJAHNNES NAME CORRECTLY?

i for one do love old guy characters. they're always cool.

Sp-24
Jul 3, 2012, 02:45 PM
It's always fun when people of English background try to figure out how the hell to pronounce those Japanese characters names that all have their origin in Europe; they are basically clueless. :wacko:

Here's something even funnier: [spoiler-box]http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/9022/fansp.jpg[/spoiler-box]

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 3, 2012, 02:49 PM
Here's something even funnier: [spoiler-box]http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/9022/fansp.jpg[/spoiler-box]

the satos in your sig make any humorous post you make even more funny lol

also @gcoffee

reminds me of how hard i laughed when i listened to rin pronounce german when casting her spells. it sounds way funnier than english

gigawuts
Jul 3, 2012, 02:53 PM
It's always fun when people of English background try to figure out how the hell to pronounce those Japanese characters names that all have their origin in Europe; they are basically clueless and come up with the most funny pronounciations ever. :wacko:

You don't even know how silly I feel. I just started learning, and near as I can tell a smaller character converts the vowel while a second smaller tsu softens it, e.g. oh -> ah for the yo character. I'm seriously just referencing google translate and cross referencing, I have yet to find a decent guide that breaks down all the simple nuances of the language.

I feel even sillier when I sound out words for about ten seconds and then suddenly go "OH! It's FRIEND PARTNER!"

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 3, 2012, 02:57 PM
You don't even know how silly I feel. I just started learning, and near as I can tell a smaller character converts the vowel while a second smaller tsu softens it, e.g. oh -> ah for the yo character. I'm seriously just referencing google translate and cross referencing, I have yet to find a decent guide that breaks down all the simple nuances of the language.

I feel even sillier when I sound out words for about ten seconds and then suddenly go "OH! It's FRIEND PARTNER!"

yeah man. in korean slippers and tv are:

surlipa

terlebee

i thought those were korean based words. NOPE NOPE NOPE JUST BADLY PRONOUNCED ENGLISH

GoldenFalcon
Jul 3, 2012, 02:59 PM
I apologize for my lack of knowledge pertaining to Japanese culture.

However, I shall now simply call him Jan

Genji
Jul 3, 2012, 03:02 PM
His name is Jean.

ジャン Wikipedia page (http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%82%B8%E3%83%A3%E3%83%B3)

Jean-Claude Van Damme on the Japanese Wikipedia is ジャン=クロード・ヴァン・ダム (http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%82%B8%E3%83%A3%E3%83%B3%EF%BC%9D%E3%82%AF%E3%8 3%AD%E3%83%BC%E3%83%89%E3%83%BB%E3%83%B4%E3%82%A1% E3%83%B3%E3%83%BB%E3%83%80%E3%83%A0)

gigawuts
Jul 3, 2012, 03:04 PM
His name is Jean.

ジャン Wikipedia page (http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%82%B8%E3%83%A3%E3%83%B3)

Jean-Luc Picard on the Japanese Wikipedia is ジャン=リュック・ピカード (http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%82%B8%E3%83%A3%E3%83%B3%EF%BC%9D%E3%83%AA%E3%8 3%A5%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF%E3%83%BB%E3%83%94%E3%82%AB% E3%83%BC%E3%83%89)

ftfy, because this is how we should really be thinking of him: as an old dude scifi god

GoldenFalcon
Jul 3, 2012, 03:05 PM
You can't cite non-Japanese names and say that's how it works for Japanese names.

NoiseHERO
Jul 3, 2012, 03:06 PM
You can't cite non-Japanese names and say that's how it works for Japanese names.

>spelled the same way in Japanese

You REALLY want him to be named John, don't ya.

BIG OLAF
Jul 3, 2012, 03:07 PM
Or everyone could just call him "J-Dog" or "J-Unit".

EDIT: Or "J-Man".

Sp-24
Jul 3, 2012, 03:07 PM
Wikiped article for a more popular Jean
(http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%82%B8%E3%83%A3%E3%83%B3%EF%BC%9D%E3%82%AF%E3%8 3%AD%E3%83%BC%E3%83%89%E3%83%BB%E3%83%B4%E3%82%A1% E3%83%B3%E3%83%BB%E3%83%80%E3%83%A0) Never mind.

NoiseHERO
Jul 3, 2012, 03:08 PM
J-diddy it is!

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 3, 2012, 03:08 PM

??? but the old dude's name isn't japanese, i think that's the whole point lol

so isn't his citation solid, as well as applicable?

xeno's name isn't japanese either, as well as afuin, lola, echo, maloo, koffi, and basically everybody else.

there's even a dude named joseph lol.

EvilMag
Jul 3, 2012, 03:09 PM
Can't we get a fan club going for Bruce 2.0?

Peejay
Jul 3, 2012, 03:10 PM
Or everyone could just call him "J-Dog" or "J-Unit".

EDIT: Or "J-Man".

That would be cool if he had dreadlocks.

That'd be cool if they could get hairstyle changes in-game, too.

NoiseHERO
Most of the characters shouldn't even be considered Japanese...

THEY'RE SPACE SURVIVORS, THEY'RE ALL RACIALLY AMBIGUOUS BY NOW!

Dycize
Random fun fact : during years, I pronounced foie "foa", as it would be pronounced in French (I am French).
I never understood what it meant until I played PSO2 and saw the name in katakana : フォイエ, which is pronounced exactly like the French word "Foyer", this word refers to, generally, a house, but it's older usage was that of a fire inside a house (like a chimney), or the starting poing of a fire.

So yeah, don't take things as granted.

Also, translation-patch-that-I-never-used or whatever, his name's Jean.
As ddel said, Japanese have their own way of transcribing foreign words/names, which is why their use of english is generaly effed' up and sounds terrible. Just the word "online" is written "onrain".

On a completely different topic (like, the topic's topic).
Jean is funny, he's always ranting. But dat voice. Sega's voice acting choices are simply wonderful so far.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 3, 2012, 03:11 PM
You REALLY want him to be named John, don't ya.

I said I'm okay with Jan already, since that's all it is

Resanoca
Jul 3, 2012, 03:11 PM
xeno's name isn't japanese either, as well as afuin, lola, echo, maloo, koffi, and basically everybody else.

there's even a dude named joseph lol.
...Arks has taken people of all countries and thus should be a solid reason for international release.
Even though I have no desire for having it for myself.

Cyclon
Jul 3, 2012, 03:12 PM
I apologize for my lack of knowledge pertaining to Japanese culture.

However, I shall now simply call him Jan
By the way, in french it's pronounced like gently. Without the "ntly". Incredible right?

By the way again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eExbDsdpoO0

Djano. Or something. He says it at 0:03.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 3, 2012, 03:13 PM
i'mma lovingly nickname jean as jay deezy

Peejay
Jul 3, 2012, 03:14 PM
I said I'm okay with Jan already, since that's all it is

Then we look at the thread and find out that's wrong, too.

Which is why I wanted you guys to back off in the first place, because it really just looks terrible and makes everyone looks like dicks who secretly hate Jean, or in the case of one of you, myself.

Resanoca
Jul 3, 2012, 03:15 PM
Can't we get a fan club going for Bruce 2.0?
He's not Bruce. He's Joseph Shepard. :|

NoiseHERO
Jul 3, 2012, 03:17 PM
>More and more evidence points to it just being Jean?

>It's not John? I'm just gonna call him Jan then

>It's more likely Jean?

>Nopenopenope Jan till Sega 'Merica says otherwise, that's all I'm goin' with!

Next is June

ANYTHING but JEAN makes sense!

Also he's not bruce or Shepard(eww gtfo) He's Walter White.

gigawuts
Jul 3, 2012, 03:17 PM
That would be cool if he had dreadlocks.

That'd be cool if they could get hairstyle changes in-game, too.

T-Dog doesn't have dreads.

The problem with calling him J-Dog is everyone would forget his name, though.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 3, 2012, 03:18 PM
Jan till Sega Japan says otherwise

Fixed

supersonix9
Jul 3, 2012, 03:19 PM
It's pronounced John. Hence why it's spelled ジャン

NoiseHERO
Jul 3, 2012, 03:19 PM
Fixed

How are you supposed to fix my posts without a Diploma in Awesome?

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 3, 2012, 03:21 PM
How are you supposed to fix my posts without a Diploma in Awesome?

he maxed "ebonix resistance" skill

it slices through all ebonix and allows the editing of posts that contain ebonix

u stand no chans rawk

Resanoca
Jul 3, 2012, 03:21 PM
Also he's not bruce or Shepard(eww gtfo) He's Walter White.Well, I guess he won't really be Shepard until he socks a news reporter one.

NoiseHERO
Jul 3, 2012, 03:23 PM
he maxed "ebonix resistance" skill

it slices through all ebonix and allows the editing of posts that contain ebonix

u stand no chans rawk

But that skill is a double edged sword because it drains all of your cool points, therefore making everything you say uninteresting and invalid at the same time. D:

supersonix9
Jul 3, 2012, 03:24 PM
But that skill is a double edged sword because it drains all of your cool points, therefore making everything you say uninteresting and invalid at the same time. D:

But he maxed immunity to side-effects. Sorry.

NoiseHERO
Jul 3, 2012, 03:25 PM
But he maxed immunity to side-effects. Sorry.

No he didn't, he spent all of his skill points on the anti-ebonix tree! D<

Stop making stuff up!

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 3, 2012, 03:26 PM
This npc is pretty badass but I think I like Lisa a little more because of how screwed up she is lol.

RocSage
Jul 3, 2012, 03:26 PM
His name is pronounced the same way most of us say John. As far as spelling that is just whatever translator decides to use. As has been shown in this this thread there are several spellings for the same "sound"; Jean, John, Jon.

If you transliterate the name it is Zyan. Now, you might claim, with your uneducatedness, that you should pronounce it like you would that in English but you'd be wrong.

"Z", especially with a "y", from just about every other language is pronounces as English's "J"
"A" in English has multiple sounds and it because we assign many vowel sounds to single vowel letters and combinations of vowel letters. Japanese, however, has very few pronunciations for the letter "A" and that sound is the sound that most of us think of when we say "Bah" or "SaZonde" or "John"
"N" is just, well, "N"

So this all leads to the name being pronounced as "John", "Jon", or "Jean", and the spelling being determined by the translator.

Sp-24
Jul 3, 2012, 03:29 PM
I guess no amount of links to "ジャン" being the Japanese version of "Jean" can beat wishful thinking.

supersonix9
Jul 3, 2012, 03:35 PM
If you transliterate the name it is Zyan. Now, you might claim, with your uneducatedness, that you should pronounce it like you would that in English but you'd be wrong.

You mean Jyan, right?

GoldenFalcon
Jul 3, 2012, 03:36 PM
He's talking about the specific S to Z of the symbol itself

supersonix9
Jul 3, 2012, 03:38 PM
He's talking about the specific S to Z of the symbol itself

The syllable 'Shi' when taken on by the two 'dots' turns into 'Ji'.

Ji+Ya = Jya/Jaa

GoldenFalcon
Jul 3, 2012, 03:40 PM
The syllable 'Shi' when taken on by the two 'dots' turns into 'Ji'.

Ji+Ya = Jya/Jaa

If you type Zi, it gives the same result, because it is the same. It's just an exception

Rizen
Jul 3, 2012, 03:41 PM
That first picture of Jean sold me into the Jean Fan Club. I will proceed to blurt out random G Gundam phrases in-game throughout the day.

BIG OLAF
Jul 3, 2012, 03:41 PM
Someone should change this thread's name.

Peejay
Jul 3, 2012, 03:42 PM
This thread is becoming a problem for me. I wanted to show admiration for a character, not discuss his name until he has none at all. People who don't even go here are pissed at me for what's happening here.

Just stop. I shouldn't have to ask so many times. It really probably should have gone into its own thread and I could have modified the name or something once you all made up your minds.

Sparzyle
Jul 3, 2012, 03:42 PM
I'll call him Juan then...

Resanoca
Jul 3, 2012, 03:43 PM
We should debate on Lisa's name next.

Deviruki
...If you paid any attention to the Gundam series that didn't suck, you'd know who he is.

G Gundam didn't suck?...

._. Uh. 00, wing, seed, I'd rather watch any other gundam series.

supersonix9
I LOVE JOHN

And Lisa's name is Lisa. There's no debating whether or not it's Lisa or 'Risa'. It's already implied that the Ri changes to Li.

BIG OLAF
Jul 3, 2012, 03:44 PM

Isn't that pronounced "Satan"?

NoiseHERO
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Juan...

I wish.

Also change the thread name to Jean Fight Club because even without the bitching back n forth going on here I keep reading it like that.

Also wow people are getting mad at you over some stuff in a thread with things out of your control? You guys hook up with the most annoying friends...

Also outside of the UC Gundam series (classic timeline made by Tomino) G Gundam was the BEST gundam...

Everything else, if you consider it better... you should be ashamed of yourself alongside bronies and vocaloid fans.

GoldenFalcon

リサ=Resa

supersonix9
Jul 3, 2012, 03:45 PM
Isn't that pronounced "Satan"?

No, I think it's 'Lisa'.

リサ=Risa.

Peejay
Jul 3, 2012, 03:45 PM
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Juan...

I wish.

Also change the thread name to Jean Fight Club because even without the bitching back n forth going on here I keep reading it like that.

Also wow people are getting mad at you over some stuff in a thread with things out of your control? You guys hook up with the most annoying friends...

Oh, I know I do, but it's more because I started the movement that started this snowballing out of control into people trying to stake territories in different parts of the planet or something like that.

Also I was a fan of Zeta.

Resanoca
Jul 3, 2012, 03:46 PM
I LOVE JOHN

And Lisa's name is Lisa. There's no debating whether or not it's Lisa or 'Risa'. It's already implied that the Ri changes to Li.
I was joking. Gawd. D:

Sp-24
Jul 3, 2012, 03:46 PM
Change the name back. >_> I don't even know what is this Gundam thing about, I only know that Jean is awesome. It's weird that it's implied that you shouldn't be thinking that, though, what's with your character walking away?

GoldenFalcon
Jul 3, 2012, 03:47 PM
I prefer this thread title
I mean, it's better than Jean/John/Jon/Jan/Jyan Fan Club

NoiseHERO
Jul 3, 2012, 03:47 PM
Change the name back. >_> I don't even know what is this Gundam thing about, I only know that Jean is awesome. It's weird that it's implied that you shouldn't be thinking that, though, what's with your character walking away?

>implying anything G gundam related isn't awesome

>implying Rock should just jump kick everyone in this thread

Resanoca
Jul 3, 2012, 03:48 PM

>implying Rock should just jump kick everyone in this threadI offer you a boot. Use it wisely.

BIG OLAF
Jul 3, 2012, 03:49 PM
APPROACHING FKL VELOCITY, CAP'N!

supersonix9
Jul 3, 2012, 03:49 PM

>implying Rock should just jump kick everyone in this thread

When. You. Feel. Bad. lookatyourself

Resanoca
Jul 3, 2012, 03:50 PM
APPROACHING FKL VELOCITY, CAP'N!IT STILL IS TOO DAMN SLOW!

NoiseHERO
Jul 3, 2012, 03:50 PM
When. You. Feel. Bad. lookatyourself

CLOSE YOUR EYES AND YOU'LL FIND...

A GOOD PLACE TO UNWIIIIINNNND~

supersonix9
Jul 3, 2012, 03:52 PM
CLOSE YOUR EYES AND YOU'LL FIND...

A GOOD PLACE TO UNWIIIIINNNND~

dawwww makin' me change to my sawnik sig.

Alnet
Jul 3, 2012, 03:54 PM
Oh lord, both Jan and the Upgrade Shop guy are this guy, I think. Every time I approach either one of them, I expect one of them to punch the shit out of me and call me a fool. Then I'll break out in tears of joy. "SHISHO!"

RYUUHA TOUHOUFUHAI
OUJA NO KAZE YO
ZENSHIN
KEIRETSU
TENPA KYOURAN
MIYOU
TOUHOU WA AKAKU MOETEIRU

... I'm a huge Gundam fan.

Resanoca
Jul 3, 2012, 03:56 PM
Oh lord, both Jan and the Upgrade Shop guy are this guy, I think. Every time I approach either one of them, I expect one of them to punch the shit out of me and call me a fool. Then I'll break out in tears of joy. "SHISHO!"

RYUUHA TOUHOUFUHAI
OUJA NO KAZE YO
ZENSHIN
KEIRETSU
TENPA KYOURAN
MIYOU
TOUHOU WA AKAKU MOETEIRU

... I'm a huge Gundam fan.You mean...Doodoo head? ;D
Seriously, the name and his hair. It just fits.

Harlocke
Jul 3, 2012, 03:57 PM
Master Asia Fan Club

I approve.

My love of CASTs and super-awesome-fighting-robots; I owe it all to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdZ81EVUczA

GO JE--MASTER ASIA!!

gigawuts
Jul 3, 2012, 03:58 PM
Dah. I like dis noo name.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 3, 2012, 03:59 PM

RYUUHA TOUHOUFUHAI
OUJA NO KAZE YO
ZENSHIN
KEIRETSU
TENPA KYOURAN
MIYOU
TOUHOU WA AKAKU MOETEIRU

... I'm a huge Gundam fan.

Well, I made a thread for "Upgrade Shop guy" before reading this post
My timing is rather infallible

Sp-24
Jul 3, 2012, 04:01 PM
Ha, the Upgrade Shop guy is awesome. I don't even feel that angry after losing 3 grind levels with him around. That Tekker girl could probably get away with something like that, too, and I hope Sega doesn't get any weird ideas.

Funny how every non-pedo thread got moved.

Peejay
Jul 3, 2012, 05:35 PM
Well, I hate you all.

Harlocke
Jul 3, 2012, 05:37 PM
Lol, it was going to happen sooner or later. :yes:

Peejay
Jul 3, 2012, 05:38 PM
No. It didn't even need to. You all had to argue over a goddamn name of all things and not simply like the character.

So I change the name to make you shut up, and you all make it worse.

What's wrong with you?

Resanoca
Jul 3, 2012, 05:41 PM
Yaaaaay~

BIG OLAF
Jul 3, 2012, 05:41 PM
APPROACHING FKL VELOCITY, CAP'N!

Well, here we are.

Resanoca
Jul 3, 2012, 05:44 PM
Well, here we are.It still is too damn slow!

Scrub
Jul 3, 2012, 06:13 PM
i still yell out the UNDEFEATED OF THE EAST, THE WINDS OF THE KING exchange w/one of my buds sometimes.

it will never not be amazing.

Harlocke
Jul 3, 2012, 06:55 PM
^ Haha, that sounds like fun.

A good friend of mine was a big Gundam fan; he's mostly into the Universal Century, if I recall correctly. Anyway, I always found it hilarious bringing up G Gundam around him because his response would usually end up along the lines of: "ZOMGAWD!! IT'S NOT REAL GUNDAM!1!!1!!!" or "RX-78 WOULD SNIPE GOD GUNDAM'S FUCKING HEAD OFF!!" (We were comparing who would win in a fight)

Good times. :lol:

On topic: MORE MASTER ASIA FANDOM

The Undefeated of the Easy Bake Oven?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lybls8mzBk1qllv0yo1_1280.jpg (http://gundamfuckyeah.tumblr.com/post/16421564031/motherfucking-master-asia-cookies)

How's that for a mouthful of Master Asia?

*Rimshot*

EJ
Jul 3, 2012, 06:58 PM
I just call him master asia O.o