PDA

View Full Version : ON THE DESIGN OF PSO2 KNUCKLE WEAPONS

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 3, 2012, 03:03 PM
so since some knuckle weapons are coming back as wired lances, this makes me think knuckles may come back redesigned as sleek, skinny, brass knuckle type weapons, which definitely look more chic than balloon fists.

however some people prefer the soc'em boppers

i prefer brass knuckles

so this poll is absolutely necessary, in hopes that jp sega is watching over this forum, and however this poll tips will influence their final design.

lol

hey look i forgot to attach the poll

:(

if any mod could attach a poll for me that'd be sublime

1: oversize design
2: slim design

NoiseHERO
Jul 3, 2012, 03:04 PM
realistic sized knuckle weapons ploxorzies, yo!

gigawuts
Jul 3, 2012, 03:07 PM
I'm more interested in their moveset. Wired lances are good for wide area bashing and grabbing enemies, swords are good for long term heavy hitting, and partisans are a go-between if you absolutely need to be able to dodge at an instant's notice.

Knuckles would need some sick movement bonuses to function.

As far as looks, I want NONE OF THESE. GIVE ME MY GOD HAND.

GoldenFalcon
The balloon fists of PSU kinda grew on me, though. I hope I have balloon fist options whilst using knuckles in PSO2

eharima
Ima ranger...] ROCKET PUNCH MUCH ???[/SIZE]

GoldenFalcon
Jul 3, 2012, 03:08 PM
Rocket Punch is a wireblade

Alnet
Jul 3, 2012, 03:09 PM
It's pretty doubtful that SoJ is reading here, but what do I know.

But yeah, this series adores its almost criminally-oversized weapons. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the Knuckle-class weapons are Wired Lance-sized. I would prefer something more sleek or even invisible, but I don't think it'll happen.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 3, 2012, 03:10 PM
I'm more interested in their moveset. Wired lances are good for wide area bashing and grabbing enemies, swords are good for long term heavy hitting, and partisans are a go-between if you absolutely need to be able to dodge at an instant's notice.

Knuckles would need some sick movement bonuses to function.

As far as looks, I want NONE OF THESE. GIVE ME MY GOD HAND.

i'm hoping they'll attack 30% faster than gunblade.

NoiseHERO
Jul 3, 2012, 03:11 PM
It's pretty doubtful that SoJ is reading here,

I wouldn't say that...

AT. ALL.

Taking us seriously however, is a different story.

Ryo
Jul 3, 2012, 03:11 PM
The design point is likely moot. Have you guys not seen the knuckles in Chapter 1?

thablinksta
Jul 3, 2012, 03:12 PM
I CANT WAIT FOR KNUCKLES. I DON'T CARE WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE AS LONG AS THEY ALLOW ME TO BOB, WEAVE, SWAY, AND DEMPSEY ROLL! (basically an improved version of no-wep)

NoiseHERO
Jul 3, 2012, 03:13 PM
The design point is likely moot. Have you guys not seen the knuckles in Chapter 1?

No, I asked if there was a screenshot of it and everyone ignored it like the 8 other questions I asked today.

Alnet
Jul 3, 2012, 03:13 PM
I wouldn't say that...

AT. ALL.

Taking us seriously however, is a different story.

I never take anything seriously. I attempted it once, but I couldn't take that seriously enough.

NoiseHERO
Jul 3, 2012, 03:14 PM
I never take anything seriously. I attempted it once, but I couldn't take that seriously enough.

WHO ARE YOU TELLIN' 8D

gigawuts
Jul 3, 2012, 03:14 PM
It's pretty doubtful that SoJ is reading here, but what do I know.

But yeah, this series adores its almost criminally-oversized weapons. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the Knuckle-class weapons are Wired Lance-sized. I would prefer something more sleek or even invisible, but I don't think it'll happen.

Actually, I'd be surprised if they WEREN'T checking this site every once in a while. This site is home to one of the oldest remaining and most prevalently known PSO communities that I've found. All the way back to when I first got into PSO with the GC's plus version I was referencing this site. It's always had accurate information, and the community has always been pretty active and decently friendly.

If there's one english site Sega's looking at for unofficial feedback I would bet it's this one. It would certainly be wise for them to take a peek every so often, even if just to see if people are angry about something and then ignoring suggestions.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 3, 2012, 03:15 PM

the thing about sega of japan in my op post was a joke q-q

@theblinksta

if the knuckle weapon had fast dodges that'd be incredible. something like shift+wasd key would let you quick dodge with invincibility frames in one of those directions would be awesome.

Ryo
Jul 3, 2012, 03:17 PM
No, I asked if there was a screenshot of it and everyone ignored it like the 8 other questions I asked today.

I think I have one but it's on my home machine. I'll update the thread with the shot when I get home (soon, I'm actually off now.)

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 3, 2012, 03:19 PM
I think I have one but it's on my home machine. I'll update the thread with the shot when I get home (soon, I'm actually off now.)

OTANOSHIMIDEEEEEEESUUUU!!

i didn't realize there was already a picture of knuckle weapons. damn.

i cant w8 m8

teehee

w8m8

moorebounce
Jul 3, 2012, 03:20 PM
IMO I think the launcher and shotgun of PSO were combined into the launcher in PSO2. Also IMO the wiredlance may be the new knuckles because they're like fists on wires. Think about it most of the PAs you're grabbing the enemy. It's knuckles with better flare.

supersonix9
Jul 3, 2012, 03:21 PM
I want one-handed sabers and shields.

Alnet
Jul 3, 2012, 03:21 PM
WHO ARE YOU TELLIN' 8D

The world. Once it's online, everyone gets to read it forever, of course~

Actually, I'd be surprised if they WEREN'T checking this site every once in a while. This site is home to one of the oldest remaining and most prevalently known PSO communities that I've found. All the way back to when I first got into PSO with the GC's plus version I was referencing this site. It's always had accurate information, and the community has always been pretty active and decently friendly.

If there's one english site Sega's looking at for unofficial feedback I would bet it's this one. It would certainly be wise for them to take a peek every so often, even if just to see if people are angry about something and then ignoring suggestions.

Perhaps I'm too pessimistic to think that anyone overseas has any interest in what we think, even as far as business and customer opinion is concerned. I'm not saying that they can't or don't, but that I don't expect them to. If they actually do, then I must admit I'd be impressed.

the thing about sega of japan in my op post was a joke q-q

I got it. I didn't mean to come off as trying to snipe at you or something, so my apologies if I did.

NoiseHERO
Jul 3, 2012, 03:22 PM
IMO I think the launcher and shotgun of PSO were combined into the launcher in PSO2. Also IMO the wiredlance may be the new knuckles because they're like fists on wires. Think about it most of the PAs you're grabbing the enemy. It's knuckles with better flare.

Yes yes

Wiredlance could be considered daggers, claws, knuckles and twin sabers all in one. and this game can have only 7 weapons.

Or this game could be more awesome instead.

supersonix9
Jul 3, 2012, 03:23 PM
Mmmm......no. Wired Lances are pretty different from the others you mentioned.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 3, 2012, 03:23 PM
Two words: Galactica Phantom

gigawuts
Jul 3, 2012, 03:24 PM
The world. Once it's online, everyone gets to read it forever, of course~

Perhaps I'm too pessimistic to think that anyone overseas has any interest in what we think, even as far as business and customer opinion is concerned. I'm not saying that they can't or don't, but that I don't expect them to. If they actually do, then I must admit I'd be impressed.

I got it. I didn't mean to come off as trying to snipe at you or something, so my apologies if I did.

No I definitely agree we shouldn't expect it, but if they're smart about appealing to a broad audience I think there's a fair chance that out of all the sites to check up on this would be near the top of their list. Just some wishful thinking I suppose.

edit: I agree with Rock. They've condensed most weapon classes into a very small group. The only reason hunter even has three is because it's the only one that desperately a mobility option at times to accomplish its role.

NoiseHERO
Jul 3, 2012, 03:24 PM
Mmmm......no. Wired Lances are pretty different from the others you mentioned.

Tell that to everyone ELSE that keeps saying wiredlance is allowed to replace every twin-wielded weapon in the series. :/

darkante
Jul 3, 2012, 03:26 PM
Ohh man, all the talk about Knuckles makes me think about the God Hand game.
Crazy stuff.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 3, 2012, 03:26 PM
Tell that to everyone ELSE that keeps saying wiredlance is allowed to replace every twin-wielded weapon in the series. :/

It only has grabs
Which is why they are apparently releasing twin daggers
and knuckles for badass points

supersonix9
Jul 3, 2012, 03:27 PM

Would if I could.

I laugh at them. The wire makes the weapon more ranged than any other melee weapon in the series (sans Slicers). It's gameplay style is only comparable to other melee types.

Blackheart521
Jul 3, 2012, 03:27 PM
Yes yes

Wiredlance could be considered daggers, claws, knuckles and twin sabers all in one. and this game can have only 7 weapons.

This.

Just because we have weapons that can act as other weapons doesn't mean it should take their place, plus wired lances haven't taken the role of daggers or knuckles. we still don't have a close up fast weapon, wired lances are mid-ranged and specialize in grabs. ^^

Nu Lo Yin
Jul 3, 2012, 03:28 PM
JP is not looking over this forum. I highly doubt that... If the game gets launched in america, then Sega America might. But even then its a slim chance.

moorebounce
Jul 3, 2012, 03:29 PM
Yes yes

Now I could see knuckles as being awesome next to wiredlances if they had PAs with really nice punch combinations or you could slam combo enemies like King in Tekken.

NoiseHERO
Jul 3, 2012, 03:29 PM
JP is not looking over this forum. I highly doubt that... If the game gets launched in america, then Sega America might. But even then its a slim chance.

No no

I'm pretty sure they're reading this...

And laughing at us. or shaking their heads.

They even know about our hacker/datamining communities.

supersonix9
Jul 3, 2012, 03:31 PM
Are people implying that even if there was an American release that they would have the power to create exclusive weapon types for only one server?

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jul 3, 2012, 03:38 PM
Might just be my desperate need for Daggers, but Wired Lances seem more like a replacement for Claws than anything else. And keep in mind the designs of Gudda Skela and Daylight Scar. Don't those specific weapon designs look like they could be plausibly reworked into Wired Lances, despite their actual weapon type in previous games?

Besides, we still need a very close-range weapon that requires getting in the enemy's face.

Alnet
Jul 3, 2012, 03:46 PM
Might just be my desperate need for Daggers, but Wired Lances seem more like a replacement for Claws than anything else. And keep in mind the designs of Gudda Skela and Daylight Scar. Don't those specific weapon designs look like they could be reworked into Wired Lances, despite their actual weapon type in previous games?

Yeah, I definitely thought Wired Lances were much more similar to Claws than Knuckles. Until recently, I thought the blades were actually mounted on the wrists and the character slides their hands through a sort of gauntlet mechanism to equip them. Nope, they just sorta grip a handle like the Hookshot from the Legend of Zelda games.

And this isn't the first time Sega's screwed around with throwback weapons. Grass Assassin's weapons were Twin Sabers in PSO, and Daggers and Twin Daggers in PSP2. Daylight Scar was a Twin Dagger set in PSO, Twin Claws in PSP2, and is a Wired Lance set in PSO2. They don't exactly have a shining record of consistency.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 3, 2012, 03:48 PM
And this isn't the first time Sega's screwed around with throwback weapons. Grass Assassin's weapons were Twin Sabers in PSO, and Daggers and Twin Daggers in PSP2. Daylight Scar was a Twin Dagger set in PSO, Twin Claws in PSP2, and is a Wired Lance set in PSO2. They don't exactly have a shining record of consistency.

I thought it was because what weapon type they should be was vague
Now they can fit perfectly in wireblade and be cool

Touka
Jul 3, 2012, 04:19 PM
I'd say Wired Lance is a combination of claws/whip really.As for what moveset knuckles will get please let them involve.....oh idk actual punching?I'd rather not see stuff like Booga Danga butt splashes this time around.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 3, 2012, 04:23 PM
I'd say Wired Lance is a combination of claws/whip really.As for what moveset knuckles will get please let them involve.....oh idk actual punching?I'd rather not see stuff like Booga Danga butt splashes this time around.

Well, considering how PA's work now...
You could spam butt splashes all day as your whole combo

Do not want

Ryo
Jul 3, 2012, 04:23 PM
For Rock:

[spoiler-box]
http://i.imgur.com/IiHb3.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

gigawuts
Jul 3, 2012, 04:25 PM
Hrm, looking at those again it looks like the bashing part is actually separated a bit. They may still be wirelances, or...we may be getting some Fallout 3-style Powerfists!

NoiseHERO
Jul 3, 2012, 04:26 PM
For Rock:

[spoiler-box]
[/spoiler-box]

: OOOOO

Not nearly as bad as PSU's

Still looks a little silly, but as long as it's not bigger than my character's head, then whatever!

Sigmund
Jul 3, 2012, 04:31 PM
I'm expecting the following PAs:
- Rocket Fists
- Kamehamehas
- Finger Shooters
- Judo Throws
- Teleporting Fist of Fury

Don't let me down, SEGA.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 3, 2012, 04:33 PM
I'm expecting the following PAs:
- Galactica Phantom
- Galactica Phantom
- Galactica Phantom
- Galactica Phantom
- Galactica Phantom

Don't let me down, SEGA.

Fixed

NoiseHERO
Jul 3, 2012, 04:34 PM
They better have at least 2 kick related PAs and 2 grapple PAs.

And Obligatory machine gun punch I guess...

darkante
Jul 3, 2012, 04:39 PM
Yeah, i like too see more of that flying spinning piledriver move that Zangief does.
Or backbreaker.

Imagine breaking a rappys back...so satisfying.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 3, 2012, 04:42 PM
For Rock:

[spoiler-box]
[/spoiler-box]

Hm, I dunno. Those don't look bad.

But yes, I want some beat boxes like they had in PSU.

They were fun, and I liked them.

Alnet
Jul 3, 2012, 04:44 PM
It doesn't look bad. I like the segmented look. I kinda want there to be a pilebunker-type PA that goes along with it. Punch an enemy into the ground, then crush it to pulp without moving your arm~

Touka
Jul 3, 2012, 04:58 PM
I like the small compacted look,your punches shouldn't be weighed down by huge clumps of metal.And who's to say they won't add huge clunky fists too?

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 3, 2012, 06:40 PM

the name of boog danga + butt splashes made me lol so hard

knuckle photon art names are so derpy. i like that description man butt splashes

@ryo thanks for showing that picture man! they look pretty cool hooray

@guy talking about pilebunker

KINDA LIKE MAXI FROM KOF AND HIS "IT'S NO CARTOON" ATTACK AMIRIT. the only attacks that make sense are gun fists

thablinksta
Jul 3, 2012, 08:59 PM
I'm hoping that they basically turn out like this with the sway and the dash and the quick combo PA and the devastating power punch PA and the dashing straight/hook PA etc etc.

plus i just love vanessa from KOF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWYx3VaaEk0

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 3, 2012, 11:46 PM
I'm hoping that they basically turn out like this with the sway and the dash and the quick combo PA and the devastating power punch PA and the dashing straight/hook PA etc etc.

plus i just love vanessa from KOF

KOF Vanessa - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWYx3VaaEk0)

i'll admit man i think KOF influenced my taste in women too strongly

unngggh leona king venessa mature, they're all tall and chic looking mayn das da good stuff right there

mai not so much she's a loose woman. no yuri for me either or that highschool girl psi chick she's lame.

http://www.411mania.com/game_article_pictures/17093.jpg

das probably my favorite drawing of venessa. it catches her attitude pretty well