PDA

View Full Version : The end of psu is upon us.....

Kerorasumaru
Jul 3, 2012, 05:38 PM
So with the end of psu on xbox officially being sep 20 2012 whats the chances of a private server being made for pc/xbox?(although xbox is a long shot lol) I know its a no no to talk about them on this site but this is something that needs to be at least discussed. Im not asking for links or anything of that nature.( and ill support the decision of admins to remove said comments ) Just curious what people think and what people are going to do to get that Phantasy Star fix..Also i understand PSO2 is on the horizon but a US release is a way off. So please lets just be civil and not troll k?

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 3, 2012, 05:54 PM
I'm sorry to say but this game just needs to die. Let it die in peace and go play PSO on other servers or play PSO2 like the rest of us. The pc requirements are very very low to play it.

Anon_Fire
Jul 3, 2012, 06:04 PM
So with the end of psu on xbox officially being sep 20 2012 whats the chances of a private server being made for pc/xbox?(although xbox is a long shot lol) I know its a no no to talk about them on this site but this is something that needs to be at least discussed. Im not asking for links or anything of that nature.( and ill support the decision of admins to remove said comments ) Just curious what people think and what people are going to do to get that Phantasy Star fix..Also i understand PSO2 is on the horizon but a US release is a way off. So please lets just be civil and not troll k?

We're not supposed to be talking about private servers on here, but don't count on one being made. Just let PSU go and move on to PSO2 like all of us are doing right now.

Kerorasumaru
Jul 3, 2012, 06:19 PM
yea im ready for pso2 ive been playing the open beta as well but unless you can tell me how to play in english its not gonna be fully enjoyable to me.

Selphea
Jul 3, 2012, 07:36 PM
whats the chances of a private server being made for pc

Use Google for this one. One exists, but it's against forum rules to link it. Disclaimer though, it's nowhere near complete and has been that way for about 3 years now.

Kerorasumaru
Jul 4, 2012, 12:38 AM
Honestly im not really worried about it. If i start craving psu ill just play PS/P2 on my vita o wait..................................nvm lol

DeathDragon2332
Jul 4, 2012, 01:37 AM
Use Google for this one. One exists, but it's against forum rules to link it. Disclaimer though, it's nowhere near complete and has been that way for about 3 years now.

What Selphia said google

Ranmo
Jul 4, 2012, 04:13 PM
Hell, even give JP PSU a shot if you want.

DeathDragon2332
Jul 4, 2012, 05:45 PM
Hell, even give JP PSU a shot if you want.

This ^ the language barrier is not a problem for beginners because of psupedia

Kerorasumaru
Jul 4, 2012, 07:43 PM
i had heard that the Psu jp client is free to download is this a true statement? If so ill def be going there i mean i prob wouldnt need a translator since i should have most of the menus and items memorized by now lol. (played the 360 ver for awhile.)

DeathDragon2332
Jul 4, 2012, 10:37 PM
Yeah it is free. Phantasystaruniverse.jp then click the big blue button to get started there is a guide on here and youtube on how to make a free account and how to go premium if you are going to.

Mystic_Nessly
Jul 7, 2012, 08:24 AM
If you want to play any games from the Universe series online, you're only options will be (after the 360 server closes):
- Phantasy Star Universe (PC), free online (Japanese only)
- Phantasy Star Portable 2 (PSP) (available in English)
- Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity (PSP) (Japanese only)
-----If you ever decide to play Infinity, you should check out this amazing JAP->ENG translation guide by DeviFoxx (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188224).
I know it's a sad time. At least we will ALWAYS have the option of using the PSP versions to play online (though tunneling software like XlinkKai) once all the servers go down.

BWS-1
Jul 7, 2012, 08:52 AM
... and Phantasy Star Zero on DS?

Jokes aside, it's a tough loss given the longer run it had (thinking about US PC/PS2) but I'm thinking: if anyone is willing to play in Japanese, I'd say ''why not go for PSO2?''

Mystil
Jul 16, 2012, 10:33 AM
Good riddance.