PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO vs US PSO?

DeathByPogs
Jul 3, 2012, 05:40 PM
What were the extra items that were in the JP version that were not in the english speaking version? Is there a list somewhere?:-?

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 3, 2012, 06:02 PM
Not sure about a list but after what I've been through with PSU I bet the JP version of PSO was miles ahead of US PSO.

DeathByPogs
Jul 3, 2012, 07:24 PM
What have you been through with PSU?

Link1275
Jul 4, 2012, 12:48 PM
What were the extra items that were in the JP version that were not in the english speaking version? Is there a list somewhere?:-?

Look at JP PSU now look at US PSU. That's what happened to PSO.

Cranberry
Jul 4, 2012, 04:27 PM
On Blue Burst the JP version had far more items and events than the english version did. In the console versions though, the servers were shared and for the most part that didn't happen. An exception was Episode 3 where several cards were released to the Japanese before the English version came out, and never made available to english players. You could hack those cards to obtain them though.

NegaTsukasa
Jul 5, 2012, 12:00 AM
You'll have to do some soul searching. there are many items surprisingly. stuff like that awesome "From the Depths" shield and "Izmaela" slicer were super exclusive items ran by events to name a few.

Kenbog
Jul 8, 2012, 07:40 PM
blue burst is where everything screwed up: updates where way slower then the jp, they got way more events.
And the support was extremely bad, there was once a new quest released that had a conversation with an npc character they translated it but one part had more text then the balloon could display so it got stuck at that part so you needed to reset your game trough task manager, it took them 3 months to fix this.
Also allot of false promising from the GMs, they where claiming Claire's Deal is comming soon while it took them almost a year to release.
Then the worse part is that they closed the servers before everything was released.
psu had about the same problem.
so ya if pso2 comming out to US be prepaired for stuff as this

T0m
Jul 9, 2012, 03:21 AM
And the support was extremely bad, there was once a new quest released that had a conversation with an npc character they translated it but one part had more text then the balloon could display so it got stuck at that part so you needed to reset your game trough task manager

Oh wow, I didn't know about that! That's so bad it's actually quite fun again!
So, Ken, if you think the EU/US versions of PSO2 will have the same fate (less support and less items), would you still enjoy the game as it is available to you?

And now for some shameless pandering: I'm listening to Belgian music (http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Linn) right now!

spade88
Jul 9, 2012, 04:35 AM
blue burst is where everything screwed up: updates where way slower then the jp, they got way more events.
And the support was extremely bad, there was once a new quest released that had a conversation with an npc character they translated it but one part had more text then the balloon could display so it got stuck at that part so you needed to reset your game trough task manager, it took them 3 months to fix this.
Also allot of false promising from the GMs, they where claiming Claire's Deal is comming soon while it took them almost a year to release.
Then the worse part is that they closed the servers before everything was released.
psu had about the same problem.
so ya if pso2 comming out to US be prepaired for stuff as this

I'm prematurely saying this but I doubt PSO2 is coming to the US anytime soon.
(it be nice though) - I've given up calling it PSO2 but instead call it PSU2

T0m
Jul 9, 2012, 02:13 PM
I've given up calling it PSO2 but instead call it PSU2
Won't that needlessly complicate things when you're talking about PSO2 with other players? Especially after PSU2 comes out? :-D

And if your whole using-wrong-names-for-things thing becomes a succes, I'll jump on the bandwagon and will call PSO2 PSO Episode III CARD Revolution: The Rebootening 1.5 and a half - CARDless. Well I think it sounds neat. <_<

Kenbog
Jul 9, 2012, 06:38 PM
Oh wow, I didn't know about that! That's so bad it's actually quite fun again!
So, Ken, if you think the EU/US versions of PSO2 will have the same fate (less support and less items), would you still enjoy the game as it is available to you?

And now for some shameless pandering: I'm listening to Belgian music (http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Linn) right now!

lol hey Tom, nice hearing from you again :D
I am going to play the crap out of it of course, grew pretty much attached to the drama that sega makes, I love it!

Well it's good to see you re having fun with Lady Linn over there.

AlliThePally
Jul 10, 2012, 01:35 AM
if pso2 comming out to US be prepaired for stuff as this

Exactly why I don't want to play PSO2 at all ;p
We were like a year behind on PSU it was crazy and now the servers are going down making me happy I quit years ago xD. Unless third time is truly the charm here, I don't see PSO2 being fixed. I didn't even know blue burst was as bad that means they have left the US servers behind twice ah! xD

spade88
Jul 10, 2012, 04:49 AM
Won't that needlessly complicate things when you're talking about PSO2 with other players? Especially after PSU2 comes out? :-D

And if your whole using-wrong-names-for-things thing becomes a succes, I'll jump on the bandwagon and will call PSO2 PSO Episode III CARD Revolution: The Rebootening 1.5 and a half - CARDless. Well I think it sounds neat. <_<

I just feel PSO2 relates to PSU more then the original PSO..makes no sense to continue calling it PSO2 when in fact PSU2 has a better fit.

The PSU won't have any sequel anytime soon with PSO2 just launching, plus if the PSO franchise flops then their will defiantly be no continued sequel.

(sounds like I'm putting a lot of hate out their for PSO2, but I really am not..lol)