PDA

View Full Version : Important discrepancies with AC Shop items (Don't Delete Extra Characters!)

GoldenFalcon
Jul 3, 2012, 06:54 PM
Este Makeover Pass: 500 Arks Cash for a single use, not unlimited uses for the character (not sure if this is actually a discrepancy)

Skill Tree Reset Pass: Resets all added skill trees at the same time. Starting skill trees seem to be set in stone

New Character Pass: Very important to note that deleting any characters after buying at least one extra character (in order to make a new character in its place) will charge you 500 more Arks Cash, meaning that extra characters are not slots, and are not permanent

To sum it up:
make sure you really want a makeover,
make sure that you do not buy a skill tree reset for your starting 3 trees,
and by god do not delete characters after paying Arks Cash to make more

Hope this helps

[spoiler-box]On a related note, it does not say whether the Mag Reset Device is infinite use, or single use. Either way, just get extra mags[/spoiler-box]

Hm, I should change the title
OH geez that should be more clear. Edited to include that you cannot delete your starting character safely either.

Rei-San
Jul 3, 2012, 07:24 PM
Well thanks for the heads up. :)

BIG OLAF
Jul 3, 2012, 07:27 PM
Good thing I'm 100% satisfied with my current character. Won't need a makeover.

Thanks for telling about the skill trees and character slots, though. I'm sure a lot of people, including myself actually, thought that a slot was a one-and-done deal and let you keep the slot forever.

gigawuts
Jul 3, 2012, 07:31 PM
The only thing I'd ever want to do is make the flaps on my arms bigger with a resizing, and honestly with new parts I don't even know if I'll like how goofy it looks to have such hilarious scaling on anything else.

I think it's a good idea to just wait it out, you never know what they have planned to release shortly after launch.

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 3, 2012, 07:33 PM
I wouldn't mind new parts but I guess I can wait.

Rizen
Jul 3, 2012, 07:37 PM
[spoiler-box]On a related note, it does not say whether the Mag Reset Device is infinite use, or single use. Either way, just get extra mags[/spoiler-box]

Agreed. Keep the mags and buy new ones since they don't take inventory space.

Cyclon
Jul 3, 2012, 07:40 PM
Good thing I'm 100% satisfied with my current character. Won't need a makeover.

Thanks for telling about the skill trees and character slots, though. I'm sure a lot of people, including myself actually, thought that a slot was a one-and-done deal and let you keep the slot forever.

Well, it should be that way... that's not a very smart move from them.
Same with skill tree reset, I thought they would have changed that from the CB. But it seems like they didn't...

Zinaida
Jul 3, 2012, 07:41 PM
Mag reset is single use. I accidentally nuked my mag in CBT. The mag reset device disappeared after that.

Darki
Jul 3, 2012, 07:46 PM
But they seem to have a limited space. I don't think I'll ever get 10 mags even in all my characters together, but who knows.

Zyrusticae
Jul 3, 2012, 07:49 PM
I find it rather amusing that anyone actually expected these things to be unlimited use.

Oh, the naivete...

Blackheart521
Jul 3, 2012, 07:51 PM
Well, it should be that way... that's not a very smart move from them.
Same with skill tree reset, I thought they would have changed that from the CB. But it seems like they didn't...

Skill tree resets are actually a REALLY good deal if you have bought alot of extra skill trees, if you have even bought like 5 extra skill trees, you get 5 skill tree resets out of it :-o

Vylera
Jul 3, 2012, 08:05 PM
Rule of thumb for AC shop:

Buy more first, fudge with what you have later.

kdrakari
Jul 3, 2012, 08:36 PM
Are you just assuming these because of how things worked in the Closed Beta, or is there an official announcement somewhere saying "Pay per character create, not character slot"? All the other ones seem reasonable, but that one is charging similar prices to what I've seen in other games except they let you recreate as needed.

UnLucky
Jul 3, 2012, 08:36 PM
And added skill trees are only for one class, right? Like you use it on the class you are at the moment, or would you have six trees in total?

Masou_Shizuka
Jul 3, 2012, 08:44 PM
And added skill trees are only for one class, right? Like you use it on the class you are at the moment, or would you have six trees in total?

I think so six tree in total maybe.
Rip-off if it's not so :(

Sizustar
Jul 3, 2012, 09:50 PM
I think so six tree in total maybe.
Rip-off if it's not so :(

I believe it was a total of 20 skill tree, but I'm not sure if it's 20 per job, or 20 toal.

ellu
Jul 3, 2012, 11:52 PM
It's really only a problem because characters in the character creator do not accurately represent how the character will look in game. I deleted and re-worked my first char quite a few times because I had to test what it would like in game.

(Generally from my experience in-game they always look worse. lol)

It seems a bit 'scammy' to me, but maybe it's just me. At this rate, even if I make my character as perfect as I can, if I make it in the game and I notice something off in-game, my only option is to pay more AC to get a makeover...or pay more to delete and make a new character to adjust the previous one.

ehh, I just don't understand why they wouldn't sell you a permanent slot... Just seems mean.

Stepper
Jul 4, 2012, 12:14 AM
It's really only a problem because characters in the character creator do not accurately represent how the character will look in game. I deleted and re-worked my first char quite a few times because I had to test what it would like in game.

(Generally from my experience in-game they always look worse. lol)

It seems a bit 'scammy' to me, but maybe it's just me. At this rate, even if I make my character as perfect as I can, if I make it in the game and I notice something off in-game, my only option is to pay more AC to get a makeover...or pay more to delete and make a new character to adjust the previous one.

ehh, I just don't understand why they wouldn't sell you a permanent slot... Just seems mean.

You could use a second account to create/test/recreate characters with. Just save your characters beforehand and load up the final version in the CC on your main account when you're satisfied. A bit tedious, but at least it won't waste AC.

However, I'm cheap so if I wanted another character I would just make another account anyways. :P

Zorafim
Jul 4, 2012, 02:32 AM
These seem kind of... Frustrating. There are workarounds to do what you want, sure. But some of these almost seem like scams.

kiwimisty7
Jul 4, 2012, 04:19 AM
:-Pi wouldnt worry about it, I think once the game has been out for awhile.Eventually some thing that are not permanent will go permanent. I will just hold off on somethings, like character,myroom and such...:-P

Razelis
Jul 4, 2012, 06:59 AM
I find it rather amusing that anyone actually expected these things to be unlimited use.

Oh, the naivete...

This lol

drizzle
Jul 4, 2012, 08:51 AM
These seem kind of... Frustrating. There are workarounds to do what you want, sure. But some of these almost seem like scams.

Lots of things do seem to be expensive, but on the other hand, they're also very generous with the free stuff.
But the theme seems to be, they let you screw up for free, and pay to get it fixed ;P

Gardios
Jul 4, 2012, 09:06 AM
Things like Este Passes being one-time-only shouldn't come to a surprise. However, skill resets only applying to bought skill trees and character slots only being usable once are downright terrible.

I understand that they're a company and obviously need money, but that doesn't make it any less terrible.

Leanbell
Jul 4, 2012, 09:15 AM
Much thankies for the heads up! ^-^ Hope you didn't experience any difficulties yourself finding that out. O: Would be a pain to see you lose your AC... X: