PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 2012 Roadmap

Mike
Jul 4, 2012, 01:13 AM
The loose roadmap for PSO2's 2012 schedule is up:
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=165

In mid-July, the first update will be out and will bring in the mines under Lillipa, new enemies, two new bosses, new items, new client orders, and new interupt events. A new scratch will also come along with it featuring new costumes, hairstyles, accessories, voices, and lobby actions.

Later in the summer will see a medium sized update with more fields and enemies and such. There will also be a new scratch and event lobbies in this update.

In the fall, we'll see the first large update featuring 3 new classes, 5 new weapon types, new PAs and techs, very hard mode, level 50 cap, many rare enemies and bosses, more story quests, and a new emergency quest.

Later in the fall will be another medium sized update with new areas, monsters, and the like. New story quests and a new scratch will also be added. There will also be something system related added or updated at this time, perhaps a ship transfer option.

In the winter, there will be another large update. This one will add large bosses, among other things. These are probably the multi-party bosses.

And finally, in the spring, we'll see the Vita release.

All of these are subject to change, of course, but it's an idea of where PSO2 is going to be going this year.

Somnia
Jul 4, 2012, 01:14 AM
50 cap not until fall, alright! Now I can safely invest in equipment this time.

SakuyaP
Jul 4, 2012, 01:16 AM
50 cap not until fall, alright! Now I can safely invest in equipment this time.

Indeed. I didn't plan on trying to get BiS gear up until release, and definitely keeps my plan intact.

Xeno88
Jul 4, 2012, 01:16 AM
sounds pretty consistent to me.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 4, 2012, 01:28 AM
in the fall

HEY ROCK GUESS WHEN KNUCKLES COME OUT C:>

this is a super large happy face with upturned eyebrows but secretly inside i am in pain so i am trying to tease you to deter my agony

youcantcatchtheblue
Jul 4, 2012, 01:30 AM
I see a picture of.... double-sided partisan?

Also, Matsuri Summer clothes ^^ too bad I'm a Caseal... looks like I need to make myself a fleshie character too

Mike
Jul 4, 2012, 01:31 AM
Also, Matsuri Summer clothes ^^ too bad I'm a Caseal... looks like I need to make myself a fleshie character too
Look closer at that picture.

TheBlackMage
Jul 4, 2012, 01:33 AM
No word of integrated severs for worldwide gameplay is making me worry a little bit... Oh well just extra work on my end to try to understand everything, worth it for how great this game is. Can't wait for the large fall patch, curious about what the new FO weapons will be like! ^^

Ce'Nedra
Jul 4, 2012, 01:43 AM
Sounds pretty good to me. Gives me time to go out and hunt myself a Zanba.

xBladeM6x
Jul 4, 2012, 01:52 AM
That sounds pretty awesome. The part that caught my attention was:

3 new classes, 5 new weapon types

Really interested to see how they're screw you will Weapon Gears in the skill tree, and force you to AC a new skill tree, if you want it. Trollololol

Gardios
Jul 4, 2012, 01:55 AM
Definitely looking forward to the new updates! I wonder if the new classes are entirely new to focus on the new weapons or if they're subclasses...

Darki
Jul 4, 2012, 02:00 AM
3 new classes? As in, for example, Vanguard, or Wartecher, something PSU/PSPo-esque?

I though they were going to use some sort of sub-class system, but hey, if they bring hybids I'll be happy.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 4, 2012, 02:01 AM
That sounds pretty awesome. The part that caught my attention was:

Really interested to see how they're screw you will Weapon Gears in the skill tree, and force you to AC a new skill tree, if you want it. Trollololol

I demand guntecher, sword & shield, knuckles, and....uh......more cool stuff. :-P

No, really, dammit. Gimme guntecher and knuckles. D:<

pikachief
Jul 4, 2012, 02:03 AM
I could easily see the new weapons being Double saber, fists, twin daggers, twin mechguns, and wands. Although im rreeeaaalllyy hoping for shotguns!!

(bows for forces would be awesome too. Like you shoot an arrow linked to a spell and it detonates when the arrow hits its target causing a little ranged and tech damage with the same strike!)

NoiseHERO
Jul 4, 2012, 02:05 AM
Oh NOW CASTs get fleshy clothes D<

And Fall feels farther away than I was expecting for knuckles...

Oh well.

Looks like they're adding the other weapons too though and not just knuckles and double saber.

Darki
Jul 4, 2012, 02:07 AM
I'd totally go for bows. And I demand Wartecher, plz. My newman will be forever happy if that's the case. I guess I'll be levelling Hunter just in case as soon as I cap Force. Theres plenty of time.

Drifting Fable
Jul 4, 2012, 02:19 AM
Welp I'm not touching any of my skill trees now.

Not until I know if these weapons have skill tree specs.

EDIT: Or wait perhaps these new weapons are specifically tied to solely the new classes? That makes more sense actually.

Angelo
Jul 4, 2012, 02:21 AM
Only 5 new weapons for the rest of the year?

I guess that shoots down my hopes for a heavy weapon (Axe, Hammer) anytime soon.

Gully Foyle
Jul 4, 2012, 02:28 AM
I am impressed. That's a very steady stream of content release and lots of stuff for us players to look forward to.

Regarding the new weapon types... gears are only one point and they are giving us 10 more SP along with the new weapon so I think we don't need to worry about our currently planned builds.

At least I hope we don't :D

Ce'Nedra
Jul 4, 2012, 02:40 AM
As long I can use techniques as a Hunter I'm fine. I want my HUnewearl back :(

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 4, 2012, 03:25 AM
As long I can use techniques as a Hunter I'm fine. I want my HUnewearl back :(

i'm wondering if self healing as a hunter/subforce will ever be possible. i feel like chances are kinda slimmer considering how they made mags for hunters semi-heal bots.

ShadowDragon28
Jul 4, 2012, 03:51 AM
Gaaah Fall. Can't wait, that one image looks like Double Sabers. Yes! I pray Stag Cutlery make a return. We need Twin Daggers and Slicers too. But the proposed schedule looking awesome. I can't wait. I hope they will have a English language selectable soon too...

Polly
Jul 4, 2012, 03:56 AM
Sounds kinda....bleh all over? Just not doing anything for me for some reason.

I'll just sit back here and be the minority.

Freshellent
Jul 4, 2012, 04:13 AM
Launcher/Swords/something FO related

And I will be a happy robot.

Interesting that they chose to communicate with the players they have something planned ahead, I like that.

Angelo
Jul 4, 2012, 04:29 AM
I am impressed. That's a very steady stream of content release and lots of stuff for us players to look forward to.

Regarding the new weapon types... gears are only one point and they are giving us 10 more SP along with the new weapon so I think we don't need to worry about our currently planned builds.

At least I hope we don't :D

I wouldn't be setting my builds in stone. There were quite a few skills in alpha that have been taken off the tree and will most likely come back in later updates.

RemChu
Jul 4, 2012, 04:39 AM
Sounds kinda....bleh all over? Just not doing anything for me for some reason.

I'll just sit back here and be the minority.

3 new classes and new weapon types not doing anything for you!?!?!?

wow

CelestialBlade
Jul 4, 2012, 04:46 AM
http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/bg_autumn_01.jpg

HHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG FINALLY

Ranmo
Jul 4, 2012, 04:48 AM
To much content to look forward to! Hopefully the updates come in at a good rate. Very interested in the new classes and how they will add that in.

Polly
Jul 4, 2012, 04:51 AM
3 new classes and new weapon types not doing anything for you!?!?!?

wow

It's hard to explain in my current sleep-deprived, stressed-out state. I'm just getting a weird PSU vibe from the entire look of things, and I didn't much care for PSU.

I've been in a weird mood lately too, so eh. Disregard it if need be.

Ce'Nedra
Jul 4, 2012, 04:54 AM
i'm wondering if self healing as a hunter/subforce will ever be possible. i feel like chances are kinda slimmer considering how they made mags for hunters semi-heal bots.

PSO had Restaesta, Anti, Jellen/Zalure and Shifta/Deband avaible for Hunewearls and Humars has them too aside S/D as well mags that heal you when your health is low as long your Synchro was high enough so I don't see why not for PSO2. Heck even in PSU you could have all that aside healing mags.

Also gib double sabers, I still got a slot open in my Weapon Pallete waiting for this thing.

jooozek
Jul 4, 2012, 04:55 AM
So many new fields and bosses coming *drools*

Shadownami92
Jul 4, 2012, 05:52 AM
I'm a little depressed that it looks like they will just do new hybrid classes rather than sub classes.

That means once they come out I will probably have to start at level 1 again and figure out it's skill tree.

I was thinking subclasses would be more interesting since you could have more control over how much of the 2 classes you would want. Like, a lot of Force and a little Hunter, or a lotta Ranger and a little Force.

It will just be a bummer having to start from level 1 and probably play on the same 2 or 3 levels because it will take time to become high enough level for the new areas.

CelestialBlade
Jul 4, 2012, 05:56 AM
I'd prefer subclasses myself, because I'd rock Hunter sub Force, but if it's hybrids I'll probably just stick with pure Hunter. Not worth the gimped stats.

And this is coming from someone who mained Newearl Guntecher through PSU v1 and AoI.

Ce'Nedra
Jul 4, 2012, 06:26 AM
I don't like the idea that i'd need to relevel as well if i want to be able to use techs as a hunter...though I might consider it and just buy a few exp boost AC items to speed up the relevel progress... I think that is also a reason why sega makes your level tied to your class rather then your character.

Would rather have seen it like with PSU, that your class is seperated from your char and level your class seperated as well for minor stat boosts.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 4, 2012, 06:39 AM
i kept thinking that hunter/force would be the super best idea ever but then i forgot ranger has lulzweakshot

if you could play a hunter and weakshot your own weakspots... it's sad because there's really no other reason to sub ranger imo than that, and perhaps panic shot if things get too hairy which is almost never the case.

whelp

gg

due to the sub class system that's imminent, it seems that sticking to one character is what must be done. making more than one poses as a tremendous waste of time. the only benefit i see from making a second character is how all characters share a large bank, but each character is granted with 200 bank + item bag. so basically you could just buy another character for a somewhat inconvenient permanent item storage expansion of 250. that's about it. perhaps you could also roleplay and stuff if that's your thing, as another character... but then you'd have to do all the client orders over again as well, like unlocking maps, etc. which were a pain. also, considering how you can turn in client orders while another class is an easy way of powerleveling your other classes if you will, that further encourages sticking to one character.

but yeah if you just look on the other side, 500 yen for perm 250 storage.

Vintasticvin
Jul 4, 2012, 07:29 AM
I see a picture of.... double-sided partisan?

Noooooooo D: Dont do it Blue its the fleshies way of killing the female cast population and stripping you of surperiority over the meatbags!!!!

youcantcatchtheblue
Jul 4, 2012, 10:27 PM
Noooooooo D: Dont do it Blue its the fleshies way of killing the female cast population and stripping you of surperiority over the meatbags!!!!

lol

As Mike mentioned above, it turns out that Casts/Caseals can wear special clothes too ^^

I totally forgot that like the Rappy Suit some clothes can be worn by all races. Now I'm happy :)