PDA

View Full Version : Full Version active, your thoughts?

Kamen Rider Sting
Jul 4, 2012, 01:55 AM
Well now the full version's online, post your thoughts on what you think of the game so far. I can't really say much myself due to not exploring all the new features, still no english text.

Macras
Jul 4, 2012, 02:01 AM
disappointment, apparently the tundra is only a hard mode map with a min level of 30 when it should also have a normal mode map with a level requirement of like... 20 or 25 at most.

Polly
Jul 4, 2012, 02:05 AM
"This sure is PSO2. I'm okay with that."

Darki
Jul 4, 2012, 02:10 AM
disappointment, apparently the tundra is only a hard mode map with a min level of 30 when it should also have a normal mode map with a level requirement of like... 20 or 25 at most.

Why so?

I see it as the normal pace of the game. You can't go to Lilipa when you're level 1 anyways.

I'd be dissapinted if you could access the Tundra from early so you can have MORE levels to get bored of it.

Polly
Jul 4, 2012, 02:14 AM
Why so?

I see it as the normal pace of the game. You can't go to Lilipa when you're level 1 anyways.

I'd be dissapinted if you could access the Tundra from early so you can have MORE levels to get bored of it.

I think folks are still stuck in the mindset of their being a difficulty for each area, much like PSO and PSU. It's understandable, and it seems like an odd progression, given the areas before it.

I have no real opinion on the matter myself because I'm only Level 17, and with the rate I get to play, it'll likely be quite a while before I see it. I only hope that as the game evolves, content is spread out enough across all level ranges in a sensible manner and there's not some huge focus on "endgame."

Scrub
Jul 4, 2012, 02:17 AM
It's really hard to find english speaking players around my level (18.), especially ones that need to do the shitty timed desert quests to progress.

It seems like some people are on the level appropriate blocks, some people are on the 20~25 blocks, it's just generally a pain in the ass.

Macras
Jul 4, 2012, 02:18 AM
Why so?

well, its very jarring how it goes from a somewhat fluid "area mission, area mission, unlock free, play free, beat free in x time, unlock new area, area missions, ect" and this breaks that cycle and says "beat all of hard mode and then you can have a new area for hard mode only.

MissMalice
Jul 4, 2012, 02:25 AM
My only real disappointment is the trading issue. I can live with not being able to put stuff in my shop, but not being able to trade is just...

Ranmo
Jul 4, 2012, 02:29 AM
The trading issue I can see past. I imagine it as if I was just playing psp2 again. The game is greater then what I expected for the free to play model. outside of the gacha (clothes specifically) I am happy with how things work. Even then. You can buy the clothes from users, so its really not that bad imo.

As for them making Tundra a hard mode only or whatever. I actually like that decision. Less repetition. Probably also means more environments then usual. Which im all for.

Clunker
Jul 4, 2012, 02:30 AM
How DO you unlock Tundra?
I'd previously unlocked all of Koffe's CO's,
but when I saw she had a new one, I couldn't make out what to do.

Polly
Jul 4, 2012, 02:30 AM
It's really hard to find english speaking players around my level (18.), especially ones that need to do the shitty timed desert quests to progress.

It seems like some people are on the level appropriate blocks, some people are on the 20~25 blocks, it's just generally a pain in the ass.

I have about the same problem. I'm level 17 and usually don't wanna bother my higher level friends with my crapbutt "Help me open desert please :(" quests.

I imagine that being even more of a challenge now because people want to play all the new stuff that just hit. I can definitely see a bit of PSU's "hotspot" stuff happening if they don't keep things balanced and release content on a regular basis that doesn't devalue older content.

Darki
Jul 4, 2012, 02:42 AM
well, its very jarring how it goes from a somewhat fluid "area mission, area mission, unlock free, play free, beat free in x time, unlock new area, area missions, ect" and this breaks that cycle and says "beat all of hard mode and then you can have a new area for hard mode only.

Nobody said all areas were going to be the same, y'know.

And this is actually the first area that comes in an already visited planet, a secondary area if you want, so maybe they're just going to make the new "cycle" like that: Two maps per planet, one with easy and hard mode, the other with hard only, or hard and very hard.

Honestly I don't see the trouble here. anyways in easy mode monsters should be over level 20 there, and seriously, except for Dark Ragne, even bosses are getting a bit short-lived for me in Hard mode. I wouldn't care to get new areas directly in higher dificulties.

Patmaster
Jul 4, 2012, 02:44 AM
Ey Triela let's add each other. I am Lvl 15 or 16, don't know right know. I am just about to hit Desert and need to level up and get Coffees client orders done. I am on Server 2 also! What timezone you are? I am in GMT+1 (Germany).

:)

Mike
Jul 4, 2012, 02:59 AM
I have about the same problem. I'm level 17 and usually don't wanna bother my higher level friends with my crapbutt "Help me open desert please :(" quests.
Bother them!

Anyways, scratch/gacha bad. Didn't do much besides log in while dropping off some stuff at home between changing workplaces so I can't comment on much else but asking me to pay for a chance to buy something I want is not how I want to buy things.

Kamen Rider Sting
Jul 4, 2012, 03:02 AM
Another odd thing about the full version that I found is the new block system, I'm usually bumming around on Ship 2- Block 20. Now there is no block 20, there's 3 or 4 blocks with a level range like 1-9, 10-19, that sort of thing. Although no-one follows it anyways, still the game is fairly new. As for english players most have english names, though some japanese players use english names too so it's hard to tell sometimes.

Agitated_AT
Jul 4, 2012, 03:03 AM
I stopped playing because of how awful the field format/mechanic is and how awful the level requirements were for hard mode.

Now i wanna reach tundra and am still lvl 22. I went out and grind some more. Seriously, this is the most boring shit I have ever done in a game. Going back and forth just to kill respawning enemies, occasionally a boss, my god. Really this is awful gamedesign which I reallly hope will get adressed eventually. 8 levels to 30 huh, well screw this. I am mainly curious about the music anyway so i'll youtube that when it comes out

Somnia
Jul 4, 2012, 03:17 AM
How DO you unlock Tundra?
I'd previously unlocked all of Koffe's CO's,
but when I saw she had a new one, I couldn't make out what to do.

Clear Desert 3 Hard mode in less than 22 minutes.

Squall179
Jul 4, 2012, 03:19 AM
....the original PSO, and PSU as well could become a massive levelgrind too, its not awful game design as much as it is the nature of the beast.

Ueno54
Jul 4, 2012, 03:21 AM
I got a pink version of Echos get up. So I'm cheerful.

darkante
Jul 4, 2012, 03:22 AM
Yeah, dissapointed mostly because you need a stupid Rappy suit to change colours.
They must be on something seriously, everyone is obviously gonna sell it real high then.
I wasted maybe 2000 on the AC gacha just to get that suit, but i still didnt...fuck!

Also, having all the high requirement to reach Tundra is bull as well.

Did they think seriously that is how you please people?

Ranmo
Jul 4, 2012, 03:25 AM
A grind? The cap is only level 40. What did you expect?

Agitated_AT
Jul 4, 2012, 03:27 AM
....the original PSO, and PSU as well could become a massive levelgrind too, its not awful game design as much as it is the nature of the beast.

PSU? I don't know cuz i never played it much, but PSO was fairly consistent in the requirement u needed to get access to a new area. There wasnt even so much a lvl requirement aside for difficulties, which was really low too. The grinding isn't so much the problem. Grinding is indeed part of the series, but the gameplay of going back and forth looking for respawned enemies and emergency events is awfully bad. Where is the sense of progression in these fields? Rmember when a field took an hour or two to go through and gain levels while having fun progressing through a said field? This format has great ideas as I really love the random events and multiparty areas, but respawning enemies and open areas is really not doing the pso experience(which is a great experience still today) any good.

Edit : anyway sorry for the offtopic rants. This has nothing to do with the full game as this was allready aparent in the beta. I'm curious in what direction the game will be going but till then i'm not wasting more hours on grinding. The last lvl towards 22 took me an hour and a half.... wow

Darki
Jul 4, 2012, 03:43 AM
I don't see much difference between PSO and PSO2 here. In PSO2 there were only 4 areas, and we're getting already 4 from the beginning, with the promise of many more. In PSO you had to do the same shit over and over and over for missions with practically no variation between maps, and when Ruins would get too easy for you you'd have to switch to a higher dificulty and star over again with the same path, starting with Forest.

The game pace is in my opinion much better than PSO. You got all levels covered, the only thing, of course, is that you gotta repeat some missions in hard mode once you unlock and play Desert free, but that's fine. You say it's boring to reach three quarters of the level cap in TWO FRIGGIN' WEEKS that the game has been out? You seriously never played any MMO or RPG or are just whinning because you feel like it. But if for you too much "grinding" is being able to reach the cap in less than 2 weeks you are not made for these type of games, period.

Agitated_AT
Jul 4, 2012, 03:46 AM
Correction: I have never played a horrible MMO or RPG. I guess we'll agree to disagree wether pso2's open area of going back and forth format is a good one. Other than that i'd say have fun

Darki
Jul 4, 2012, 03:56 AM
My problem with your statement is that you're praising PSO and shittin' all over PSO2 for the same reasons exactly. PSO would enter into the "horrible PPO or RPG" even faster considering your standards for PSO2, as there were only 4 areas (excuse me if I don't consider a raining forest or a different colored cave whole new areas), combat system was as boring as fuck, and you had to repeat the same missions for the hundredth time to be able to level up to the insanely high level cap.

In this game you have more areas, more bosses, better combat system and you can either do fast missions or just chill out in one area killing everything that comes. You don't even have to clear emergency codes as long as you kill the required number of monsters and finish the mission to get the max rank. There's much more freedom in that than in PSO, and the level cap is only 40, which is not even one quarter of what PSO reached. And there's people who capped their characters in OB and probably going to cap again at 40 in less than a week. And you consider that slow? Maybe you gotta go back playing those of your "non horrible MMOs" as this one is that horrible, dude.

What exactly do you expect? That you don't need to level up? That every mission gives you ten levels so you don't need to repeat them ever and when you reach the cap you can go lobby dance till the add more missions?

MonopolyMan
Jul 4, 2012, 04:21 AM
The fact remains that there's a serious lack of content between 20-30. Having Tundra normal mode unlock after Desert Free Field would solve a lot of the problems, as you could have hard mode still be where it is now and act as a complement to Tundra normal, instead of the only option for 10 levels.

I don't really mind grinding, but because of the way they've decided to gate the content, I'm going to just wait for the English version, or at least something that goes in the 20-30 area. No point in doing it now, seems like.

EDIT: In fact, there really doesn't seem to be a reason for not having normal mode Tundra. It has a perfect spot in the progression, and would presumably just be level/drop rate changes. It's a shame they didn't do it, though I'd love to hear why.

God of Awesome
Jul 4, 2012, 04:23 AM
I agree entirely with Agitated_AT. The whole back and forth to kill enemies feels like a whole new level of grind on top of the level grind. PSO had level grind, but I enjoyed that and the combat, despite how basic it may seem now, at least I didn't have to run about looking for certain enemies to kill. Also despite the low level cap it takes a lot more killing to level up(unless you compare these low levels with high level PSO).

@ Darki: What I'd like is level progression without the grind of searching for certain enemies to kill. It takes away some of the fun.

The block splitting doesn't really bother me, all the English speakers in the lobby just danced anyway.

RemChu
Jul 4, 2012, 04:44 AM
My only real disappointment is the trading issue. I can live with not being able to put stuff in my shop, but not being able to trade is just...

100% agree with this. Trading in a multi-player rpg is the norm, SEGA breaking the norm is a big no no.