PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Level 100 mags info

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Darki
Jul 7, 2012, 04:50 AM
I give it all the crap I get from missions, and I don't sell any "mag food" unless the inventory is too stuffed. xD For example now I'm feeding it leg units to raise SDEF, so I keep all leg units I get in missions and if my inventory gets too stuffed I sell them starting from the lower ranks so only the ones that raise the stats the highest stay.

BTW I applied a couple changes to the wiki thanks to a PM that holmwood sent me, tell me what else do I need to write.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 7, 2012, 04:53 AM
Lucky!
I'm just feeding mine Range Weapons for Shoot/Ability hybrid
but i don't see alot of range weapons lately....mostly shields and such :o

Does third evo get another PB or no?

Agitokatana
Jul 7, 2012, 05:25 AM
Question, I have a lvl 65 lyra with 49 strike and 16 ability, if I were to get it to 49 ability 1 range and leave strike at 49 would it become cygnus? or would I need say 2 range 1 tech

Darki
Jul 7, 2012, 05:50 AM
Lucky!
I'm just feeding mine Range Weapons for Shoot/Ability hybrid
but i don't see alot of range weapons lately....mostly shields and such :o

What's your class? Because depending on it you get different drops, Forces get a crapload of wands and rarely get guns or swords (we get a couple gunslashes too, I guess that one drops often for every class as we can all use it).

In fact all guns I get are usually from boxes.

Does third evo get another PB or no?

They "swap" PBs depending on the type you picked. All melee mags have the unicorn, but Delphinus has the original PB (the one that runs over the enemies), Cygnus has the one that makes a shockwave and Libra has the other one that I don't know what does it do.

Question, I have a lvl 65 lyra with 49 strike and 16 ability, if I were to get it to 49 ability 1 range and leave strike at 49 would it become cygnus? or would I need say 2 range 1 tech

When it reaches level 95 it could be 49 Strike 44 Ability 1 Range, for example. This would lock it into the Melee branch, and at level 100 it could be 49 Strike, 50 Ability 1 Range, efectively evolving into a Cygnus. You're on the good track, don't need to raise Range more than 1 point if you don't want. I'd advice to level it in the form of RDEF so you don't waste points in any case, defense is always useful.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 7, 2012, 05:57 AM
I'm Ranger but i get mostly gunslash over anything else....

So will Cepheus's PB be the same as Fornax?

Darki
Jul 7, 2012, 06:01 AM
Yes, Cepheus has the same PB as Fornax, Delphinus has the same PB as Lyra and Monoceros the same as Lepus. In the case of Ability mags, both Crux and Leo have the same as Antlia.

About the drops, when I was raising my mag's SATK I just bought melee weapons in bulk from the weapon shop, is pretty much the only use it has since weapons there mostly suck.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 7, 2012, 06:05 AM
Ah that might be lol for me seeing that I don't have the Shop Option so all my money comes from NPC'n stuff :P

Alot of times I just do missions and hope for range weapons to drop lol

Oh do you by any chance know the name "in game" for the mag device that raises shooting attack specifically?

Darki
Jul 7, 2012, 06:49 AM
I'm not premium either, but weapons are not that expensive in that shop, you just need to vacuum clean thhe floor well lol.

And no, sorry, I don't really knowe the name but it should be in the AC Scrap list because it pops there.

Kazzi
Jul 7, 2012, 09:57 AM
Well, my Mag evolved into Crux as planned!

[spoiler-box]http://i48.tinypic.com/14l3ind.png[/spoiler-box]

Gardios
Jul 7, 2012, 11:07 AM
So, if I wanted an Orion, would that be right? 10 Ranged, 49 Tech, 41 Ability?

Gama
Jul 7, 2012, 11:07 AM
hm 50 ability and 50 tech, it didnt evolve, what to do? o.o

Professor Fay
Jul 7, 2012, 11:11 AM
At level 95, make sure to have strike as the highest stat.
*Strike = atk and defense combined. As with range and tech. DO NOT FORGET. 20 Strike Attack and 20 Strike Defense is a total of 40 strike.

Cygnus requires Strike to be less than the combined stat of Ability and Range.
Therefore, by level 100,
-Have at least one point of range more than tech. (If tech is 0 in your case, just one point should suffice.)
-Have the sum of Ability and Range to be greater than the strike stat.

My personal favorite is a hunter build with 49 strike, 0 tech, 50 ability, and 1 range; all in attack. 49 strike < 50 ability + 1 range (51), 1 range > 0 tech.

*Note that strike has to be less than the combined stat of Ability+Range, not Ability+Range+Tech. It's always the hybrid stat + ability. Players have reported issues with the Ability+Range+Tech theory.

I somehow understood every word of this, haha. Guess I'll start leaving my client on when I'm watching videos to get my mag's fullness down and feed it like crazy now.

49 strike, 50 ability, 1 Range and 0 tech. Got it. Thanks a lot, holmwood. :-)

Darki
Jul 7, 2012, 11:24 AM
So, if I wanted an Orion, would that be right? 10 Ranged, 49 Tech, 41 Ability?

49 tech first, then anything between 1 Ranged 50 Ability // directly 51 Ranged.

hm 50 ability and 50 tech, it didnt evolve, what to do? o.o

Feed it more. What type are you intending to get? And what type is it already? We've heard of some mags that didn't evolve till level 105.

If it's a Lepus, it should evolve into Monoceros if you give it more Tech, into Carina if you give it 1 Striking and keep giving it Ability, or into Orion if you give it Ranged and keep giving Ability. If it's an Antlia, you should get a Crux if you give it more Ability and an Apus if you give it more Tech. I think the problem is that it's currently mindfucked with having both stats equal, lol.

Gama
Jul 7, 2012, 01:12 PM
it's an antila intending for it to go tech.

Darki
Jul 7, 2012, 02:24 PM
If it's an Antlia, give it tech food and it will go Apus.

Gardios
Jul 7, 2012, 03:00 PM
49 tech first, then anything between 1 Ranged 50 Ability // directly 51 Ranged.

All right, thanks. :-)

XionAsuka
Jul 7, 2012, 05:33 PM
Well, I got Caelum (He looks awesome, btw).

It fires a black bullet for its attack (Which I assume is some sort-of Megid Bullet or something) which seems to have a chance to poison enemies. Also, the PB changed. Now he seems to launch a bunch of smaller, homing energy blasts, rather than the big, directed energy grenade things.

Clunker
Jul 7, 2012, 06:43 PM
Well, I got Caelum (He looks awesome, btw).

It fires a black bullet for its attack (Which I assume is some sort-of Megid Bullet or something) which seems to have a chance to poison enemies. Also, the PB changed. Now he seems to launch a bunch of smaller, homing energy blasts, rather than the big, directed energy grenade things.

This was the mag I was going to get next; what was your stat split when he evolved?

word2own
Jul 7, 2012, 08:32 PM
If I wanted to make a Libra mag (w/ this equation Tech > Ranged // Tech + Ability >Striking), what stats should I be looking to get at? Atm, I'm at lv 30 Lyra with 30 striking. I want the mag to be predominately striking and ability secondary. If I feed it until about 5 tech and stack ability, would that be alright for the Teach + Ability > equation?

Tikki
Jul 7, 2012, 08:42 PM
Is it possible to make pure r-atk mag, someone told me it can't evolve when reach lvl100

holmwood
Jul 7, 2012, 08:53 PM
Is it possible to make pure r-atk mag, someone told me it can't evolve when reach lvl100

Your mag will evolve Cepheus with pure r-atk. The cool space ship one, lol.

XionAsuka
Jul 7, 2012, 09:11 PM
This was the mag I was going to get next; what was your stat split when he evolved?

I followed the plan for it that was posted earlier. 0 / 49 / 1 / 45 / 0 / 0 / 5

With that, he evolved at 100. Another topic stated that Range needed to be the highest stat, Tech needed to be higher than Strike, and the combination of other stats needed to be higher than Range. So as long as Range remains the highest stat, but you up the other stats little by little, you'll keep Caelum. Seems to be a Range/Tech Hybrid type.

Ezodagrom
Jul 7, 2012, 09:25 PM
I followed the plan for it that was posted earlier. 0 / 49 / 1 / 45 / 0 / 0 / 5

With that, he evolved at 100. Another topic stated that Range needed to be the highest stat, Tech needed to be higher than Strike, and the combination of other stats needed to be higher than Range. So as long as Range remains the highest stat, but you up the other stats little by little, you'll keep Caelum. Seems to be a Range/Tech Hybrid type.
Just a note, it's not the combination of stats other than range that have to be higher than range, it's just the combination of tech and ability that has to be higher than range.

mangopirate
Jul 7, 2012, 09:32 PM
If I wanted to make a Libra mag (w/ this equation Tech > Ranged // Tech + Ability >Striking), what stats should I be looking to get at? Atm, I'm at lv 30 Lyra with 30 striking. I want the mag to be predominately striking and ability secondary. If I feed it until about 5 tech and stack ability, would that be alright for the Teach + Ability > equation?

Strike up to 49, then Ability up to 50, then 1 into one of the Tech stats

Then at 100, you'll have 50+1 > 49. This should keep your mag as Lyra as the last chance for it to change before 2nd evolution is at Lv95 at which point you should be at 49 Strike vs 46 ability.

Someone correct me if I got anything wrong

word2own
Jul 7, 2012, 09:53 PM
Strike up to 49, then Ability up to 50, then 1 into one of the Tech stats

Then at 100, you'll have 50+1 > 49. This should keep your mag as Lyra as the last chance for it to change before 2nd evolution is at Lv95 at which point you should be at 49 Strike vs 46 ability.

Someone correct me if I got anything wrong

Thanks for the start!

Dxluv
Jul 7, 2012, 10:36 PM
How do I get the mag that kind of looks like Rati?

elken1996
Jul 7, 2012, 11:00 PM
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?plugin=attach&refer=%E3%83%9E%E3%82%B0%E4%B8%80%E8%A6%A7&openfile=%E3%83%AC%E3%82%AA.png - Leo (レオ) -> Striking > All

Antlia evolves into Leo when the striking stats are the dominant stats. However, for this to happen it must reach level 95 as an Antlia, meaning that until level 95, the dominant stat must be Ability.

http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?plugin=attach&refer=%E3%83%9E%E3%82%B0%E4%B8%80%E8%A6%A7&openfile=%E3%82%B3%E3%83%AB%E3%83%96%E3%82%B9.png - Corvus (コルブス) -> Ranged > Striking/Tech/Ability

Antlia evolves into Corvus when the Ranged stats are the dominant stats. However, for this to happen it must reach level 95 as an Antlia, meaning that until level 95, the dominant stat must be Ability.

http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?plugin=attach&refer=%E3%83%9E%E3%82%B0%E4%B8%80%E8%A6%A7&openfile=%E3%82%A2%E3%83%97%E3%82%B9.png - Apus (アプス) -> Tech > Striking/Ranged/Ability

Antlia evolves into Apus when the Tech stats are the dominant stats. However, for this to happen it must reach level 95 as an Antlia, meaning that until level 95, the dominant stat must be Ability.

Is there a problem with the underline word "ability"
For Leo aren't its dominant stat must be S-Atk?
Same goes for Corvus and Apus for R-Atk and T-Atk respectively

RocSage
Jul 7, 2012, 11:05 PM
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?plugin=attach&refer=%E3%83%9E%E3%82%B0%E4%B8%80%E8%A6%A7&openfile=%E3%83%AC%E3%82%AA.png - Leo (レオ) -> Striking > All

Antlia evolves into Leo when the striking stats are the dominant stats. However, for this to happen it must reach level 95 as an Antlia, meaning that until level 95, the dominant stat must be Ability.

http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?plugin=attach&refer=%E3%83%9E%E3%82%B0%E4%B8%80%E8%A6%A7&openfile=%E3%82%B3%E3%83%AB%E3%83%96%E3%82%B9.png - Corvus (コルブス) -> Ranged > Striking/Tech/Ability

Antlia evolves into Corvus when the Ranged stats are the dominant stats. However, for this to happen it must reach level 95 as an Antlia, meaning that until level 95, the dominant stat must be Ability.

http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?plugin=attach&refer=%E3%83%9E%E3%82%B0%E4%B8%80%E8%A6%A7&openfile=%E3%82%A2%E3%83%97%E3%82%B9.png - Apus (アプス) -> Tech > Striking/Ranged/Ability

Antlia evolves into Apus when the Tech stats are the dominant stats. However, for this to happen it must reach level 95 as an Antlia, meaning that until level 95, the dominant stat must be Ability.

its because you haven't read the thread

A MAG is locked into a certain type once it reaches the next stage of evolution and a type is locked in by way of what it's previous stage was.
To get those you must have an Antilia, which is an ability Mag which means you have to maintain Ability dominance until lvl 95

Darki
Jul 8, 2012, 12:59 AM

Also, this is wrong too.

In the first post is stated that is not the attack nor the defense stats what affects the evolution, but the sum of both.

You can get a Delphinus either getting your mag 100 SATK or SDEF. Same with all the types. The only stat that goes by itself is Ability, for the rest, atk and def stats work as if they were only one.

Courina
Jul 8, 2012, 01:00 AM
hmm... my plan

Lepus > Monocheros

Strike 0
Ranged 0
Force 55
Ability 25
Strike Def 5
Ranged Def 5
Force Def 5

F + Def 60
Other 35
Total 95

and since i heard mags max level is 200...

Final Stats:
Strike 0
Ranged 0
Force 70
Ability 25
Strike Def 35
Ranged Def 35
Force Def 35

Total 200

will that works? or i should fill strike and ranged too with lowering the defenses?

also my concern... maybe OOT a bit but...
accoding to other thread about mags guide (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195677). There's 3 level photon blast... how to achieve certain photon blast? like example Force Nifuta? (3rd Lv fish Photon Blast)

Darki
Jul 8, 2012, 01:07 AM
Your Monoceros seems fine to me. But on the other things...

I've heard that max level is 150, but I don't really know for sure. Just plan on how you want your mag at that stage too, just in case.

Also, photon blasts don't have "levels". They're just different versions of the same creature. You will get the same blast as Monoceros as you have with Lepus. The other two versions of blasts are gotten by the other two tech-type mags, Carina and Orion. If you wanted Niufta youd have to aim for an Orion, not a Monoceros. Likewise, the Imera version would be for Carina.

Courina
Jul 8, 2012, 02:09 AM
hmm... i guess a bit too late now to aim for orion , since the mags already 80 with Force 55 and Ability 25, leveling the defense atm with trimate now...

but well... i guess now i can explain to other ppl ingame about how to get it...

aand... after the 2nd evo... they wont evolved anymore no matter the stats right? since im intend to level defense after the evo... or maybe comes in my mind to give strike and ranged offense too...

elken1996
Jul 8, 2012, 02:12 AM
its because you haven't read the thread

A MAG is locked into a certain type once it reaches the next stage of evolution and a type is locked in by way of what it's previous stage was.
To get those you must have an Antilia, which is an ability Mag which means you have to maintain Ability dominance until lvl 95

So does that mean if i wan an Apus while I wan to maximize the stat of T-Attack my stat should be 48lv Ability and 47lv Tech-Atk on 95lv?

Ezodagrom
Jul 8, 2012, 07:09 AM
I've heard that max level is 150, but I don't really know for sure. Just plan on how you want your mag at that stage too, just in case.
Yeah, I can confirm that lvl 150 is the current cap:

[spoiler-box]http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/6760/pso20120708130443000.jpg[/spoiler-box]

aand... after the 2nd evo... they wont evolved anymore no matter the stats right? since im intend to level defense after the evo... or maybe comes in my mind to give strike and ranged offense too...
A mag can change forms after reaching the 2nd evo, as long as that form is part of the same base type. For example, a striking mag like Delphinus can only change to another striking mag, it can only change to Cygnus or Libra.
A change of evolution is only possible once every 5 lvls, mine went from Delphinus to Cygnus at lvl 135. While I got the new photon blast from Cygnus, looks like the trigger abilities don't change, I didn't get the Cygnus trigger ability, I still have the invicibility trigger ability from Delphinus.

Gama
Jul 8, 2012, 09:32 AM
my mag turned into an apus :3 cute.

would going for 90 tech and 60 skill be a bad idea?

Immovable One
Jul 8, 2012, 11:43 AM
I apologize if this has been answered already (29 pages in this thread and counting), but what does it mean when I have to have a certain dominant stat by level 95? Does that mean I can still change my MAG type by lvl 95?

My MAG is currently lvl 20 on pure ability stat (discs), but since I'm a hunter, I feel like I should've been building a Striking type MAG. There's no question it will turn into an ability MAG by lvl 30. But I'm wondering if raising it's Striking from that point might change my MAG to a striking type (and I assume the Photon Blast will be the Unicorn by then) if it's the dominant stat by lvl 95.

On that note, are there any items that can either raise the Striking stat purely (just like how discs power-levels the Ability stat), or reduce the Ability stat to keep it under control.

My goal with my MAG is to go 50/50 on Ability and Striking, making my character focus on melee, while having the Ability scale for my other skills assuming they'll have hybrid classes in the future.

Darki
Jul 8, 2012, 12:47 PM
As said in the first post, mags can change beween all the types in their current "branch". In the case of mags under level 95, they can swap between all the basic classes too. If you feed your mag now items to raise its Striking stats, even if it will go Antlia for some levels, as soon as you get the Striking stats over Ability it will turn into a Lyra.

But as stated, you gotta do that before reaching level 95 or else it will be "locked" into the Ability types and it will only be able to change between those.

On the items to raise pure striking stats, there are none except mag devices that you can only obtain in the AC scratch (real money) or buying them from player shops. But the closest method would be:

- Melee weapons: Raise SATK and Ability
- Leg units: Raise SDEF and Ability
- Monomates: Raise SATK and SDEF slightly, decreases Ability a good deal.

You can't feed your mag only monomates (well you can but it will take ages to reach 100), but you can keep Ability at bay and avoid it levelling up with them.

Coatl
Jul 8, 2012, 01:24 PM
my mag turned into an apus :3 cute.

would going for 90 tech and 60 skill be a bad idea?

No, that's actually a very good idea.
Every DPS build should have some ability, because of how useful ability is.

holmwood
Jul 8, 2012, 01:37 PM
also my concern... maybe OOT a bit but...
accoding to other thread about mags guide (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195677). There's 3 level photon blast... how to achieve certain photon blast? like example Force Nifuta? (3rd Lv fish Photon Blast)
Nifta belongs to Orion. It's not an advanced version of Photon Blast, just a different one. :)

Darki
Jul 8, 2012, 02:04 PM
No, that's actually a very good idea.
Every DPS build should have some ability, because of how useful ability is.

My mag actually has only 10 Ability. <_<

here is it, btw. it finally got to 100. : D

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo191/DarkiMousy/pso20120708_203239_009.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

As we have only 150 levels and I'm making it hybrid between strike and tech, I'd rather not spend too much in other stats because it's going to be a bit tight already to balance between both attack and defense stats. My plan was to keep like 80 points of strike stats so it stays as a Delphinus (around 50~60 SATK, 20~30 SDEF), 10 Ability and the remaining 60 between TATK and TDEF (40/20).

Ichipoo
Jul 8, 2012, 03:18 PM
Question. Is there any reason why one wouldn't choose a "specialized" lv. 100 mag? For example, my Fornicus mag only has its Range stat increasing and it looks like it'll turn into a Cepheus mag with the way I'm feeding it (just guns and launchers). However I've also considered turning it into a Caelum. Is there any benefits to this?

Ezodagrom
Jul 8, 2012, 03:26 PM
Question. Is there any reason why one wouldn't choose a "specialized" lv. 100 mag? For example, my Fornicus mag only has its Range stat increasing and it looks like it'll turn into a Cepheus mag with the way I'm feeding it (just guns and launchers). However I've also considered turning it into a Caelum. Is there any benefits to this?
Reasons to have a non specialized mag, different trigger abilities, different photon blasts, cosmetic reasons, or some could want a mag that is usable by different classes.

Darki
Jul 8, 2012, 03:27 PM
Different versions of Photon blasts, as Fornax has the same as Cepheus but the other two types have different attacks, different stats that can match you character one way or another (think that we will probably have hybrid classes), aesthetics, etc.

gigawuts
Jul 8, 2012, 03:28 PM

Different PB, the ability stat is useful, different weapons require different stats (e.g. the Last Survivor sword requires striking DEFENSE, as opposed to striking attack, or the different gunslashes that require ability/s-atk/etc.). I'm not saying raising a different stat just for a minimum req you'll meet later on is good, but it's still there.

Generally though, in the long term, specializing is most beneficial. That said, a mixed ability/atk mag is probably the way to go. Putting 1 (or is it 5 minimum?) point in another stat to get a different form may also be better for other reasons, such as the delphinus mag knocking enemies into the air. Maybe you find that irritating to no end because it makes you miss half the time he does it, so you'd rather have a different mag ability.

Darki
Jul 8, 2012, 04:31 PM
I've noticed that as well, although I don't really care about my Delphi smacking things up because as a force I hardly miss most of those spells and I'm usually far enough from the enemies so it doesn't trigger so often... But I'd rather have it doing it what it used to do as a Lyra, knock them down.

holmwood
Jul 8, 2012, 05:22 PM
http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/4616/magfm.jpg

Orion~
At level 95, 48 Tech and 47 Ability.
At level 100, 49 Tech, 50 Ability, and 1 Range.

Shoots fire bullets? (with Aoe damage?).

Nytesong
Jul 8, 2012, 10:03 PM
Caelum (カエルム) -> Tech > Striking // Tech + Ability > Ranged

my mag now is in the low 20s with more ranged then ability. so if i go with:

Fornax 0/26/0 24 0/0/0, then raise it to lvl 100 0/49/1 45 0/0/5.. while raising, keeping the ranged attack higher but the tech attack + tech defense + ability higher than the total ranged. so really i could just put the 5 tech defense and 1 tech attack in now and raise ranged attack to the 49, then the ability to 45. should that work for Caelum?

for reference, caelum on the jp wiki is Kaerumu.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 8, 2012, 10:04 PM
I'm torn whether to just do Cepheus from Fornax or attempt to do Tucana or Caelum

I was told Cepheus PB is the exact same as Fornax (whether it's stronger idk) (makes me sad face) lol

I'd be interested to know what Tucana and Caelum's PB does...

Anyone have any issue on it?

I currently am at 30...Don't have the stats directly in my head but it's range/ability mag since i've been feeding nothing but Range Weapons...

Also.....

How how are people leveing their mags so fast? lol Do those MAG items from AC give you boosts when they use them?

XionAsuka
Jul 8, 2012, 10:18 PM
Caelum's PB might be considered weaker than the standard one, in honesty. The standard PB fired those energy grenades straight ahead for relatively simple damage. Caelum's is more for area bombardment and should probably be used a good distance from your target(s) due to the wide, curving trajectories of the homing blasts.

Also, may be better off being involved in a Photon Blast chain to extend how long it shoots the homing blasts. I'm not sure what Tucana's does.

gigawuts
Jul 8, 2012, 10:19 PM
There is that group of items that feeds a mag ten levels in one go, or something sick like that. It sells for 300k+ meseta.

At first I figured it was a ripoff, but I've just realized it may actually be a good deal. I should work out how much meseta it costs to raise ten levels on a mag with no element and no affix weapons...

edit: Oh, crap. I've just noticed that to get Cygnus, my mag must have 74 or lower striking. Is that right?

Darki
Jul 8, 2012, 10:37 PM
I didn't use any mag food device to level it up, but I did stay ul all night feeding it while watching anime because I was bored, lol.

About Cygnus that's right, for now the line is 74 striking.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 8, 2012, 10:37 PM
Does the traditional range PB actually target's an enemy? Or does it shoot at what ever in front?
IIRC the Ability PB was cool it look like it targets before it attacks in it's burst

XionAsuka
Jul 8, 2012, 10:45 PM
I think it shoots whatever's infront. If therw wasn't an enemy to hit, I think (big think, mind you) it turned to shoot the nearest enemy.

Courina
Jul 8, 2012, 10:55 PM
so... i take even it already become monoceros, but if i put stats for orion it gonna re-evolve to orion midway huh?

i guess imma scrap my plan giving defense to mag then...

word2own
Jul 8, 2012, 11:19 PM
So if I wanted to make a Libra, would I be in the good zone if my Lyra was 49 Striking at 46 Ability by 95, and then at 100 have 49 Striking 50 Ability 1 Tech?

holmwood
Jul 8, 2012, 11:44 PM
So if I wanted to make a Libra, would I be in the good zone if my Lyra was 49 Striking at 46 Ability by 95, and then at 100 have 49 Striking 50 Ability 1 Tech?

That should do it!

LinkKD
Jul 9, 2012, 12:29 AM
There's no way to delevel stats, what are your current stats?
It's possible that for Carina it could be Striking stats + Ability > Tech stats (with the striking stats being higher than the ranged stats), instead of what is listed in the first post. This has still not been tested though.

This IS what is listed on the first post.

IndigoNovember
Jul 9, 2012, 01:29 AM
Can anyone who has a Cygnus or Libra tell me how they attack? I heard reports that Delphinus's attacks were quite disruptive to a Hunter, so I am considering getting a Cygnus or a Libra instead. I'm asking about both the mag attacks and the Photon Blasts.

Courina
Jul 9, 2012, 02:06 AM
actually there's Mag Reseter (500AC) from AC Catalog ... but i suspect instead re-arrage the mags status, it simply reset your mags to zero... so you need re-work again...

kinda doesnt get why Reseter is more expensive than new Mags Ticket (300AC - Max each char 10 Mags) . Maybe it actually not change the mags form ?

Lumir
Jul 9, 2012, 06:40 AM
Can anyone who has a Cygnus or Libra tell me how they attack? I heard reports that Delphinus's attacks were quite disruptive to a Hunter, so I am considering getting a Cygnus or a Libra instead. I'm asking about both the mag attacks and the Photon Blasts.

Cygnus attacks with a ranged fire bullet. His PB is the unicorn jumping to 1 target, then doing and AOE lightning attack for a couple of hits.

Darki
Jul 9, 2012, 06:57 AM
It'd be awesome if we could get the info on how exacly do all mags attack and how all PB work. I'll add it to the first mage when we get that info.

Lumir
Jul 9, 2012, 07:07 AM
It'd be awesome if we could get the info on how exacly do all mags attack and how all PB work. I'll add it to the first mage when we get that info.

Yes this would be nice, im interested in information on the kind of PB attacks other mags have.

elken1996
Jul 9, 2012, 07:17 AM
I'm torn whether to just do Cepheus from Fornax or attempt to do Tucana or Caelum

I was told Cepheus PB is the exact same as Fornax (whether it's stronger idk) (makes me sad face) lol

I'd be interested to know what Tucana and Caelum's PB does...

Anyone have any issue on it?

I currently am at 30...Don't have the stats directly in my head but it's range/ability mag since i've been feeding nothing but Range Weapons...

Also.....

How how are people leveing their mags so fast? lol Do those MAG items from AC give you boosts when they use them?

Well if you want to know Mag's hunger go down 1% each 24 second. So its 39min 36 sec for 99% hunger to finish.And i wake up in midnight each 1 hour just to feed my mag lol :D. While the higher the rarity of weapon/armor the higher the stat will raise

AlMcFly
Jul 9, 2012, 07:31 AM
Well if you want to know Mag's hunger go down 1% each 24 second. So its 39min 36 sec for 99% hunger to finish.And i wake up in midnight each 1 hour just to feed my mag lol :D. While the higher the rarity of weapon/armor the higher the stat will raise

You seriously sleep and wake up every hour of the day to feed your mag? I hope that was sarcasm bro O.o

Ezodagrom
Jul 9, 2012, 08:59 AM
This IS what is listed on the first post.
Now it does, but when I made that post, it didn't say that, it used to say that tech stats should be lower than the combination of all other stats, instead of saying that tech stats should be lower than the combination of striking stats and ability.

holmwood
Jul 9, 2012, 09:24 AM
http://mmoloda.com/pso2/image/4711.jpg
This is an Orion shifted to a Monoceros that still retains Orion's PP trigger action.

So it seems that Trigger Action becomes locked at level 100 when the mag evolves?
I believe someone else's Cygnus had the same issue.

:-o

IndigoNovember
Jul 9, 2012, 12:03 PM
Cygnus attacks with a ranged fire bullet. His PB is the unicorn jumping to 1 target, then doing and AOE lightning attack for a couple of hits.

Thanks for this. Cygnus is certainly sounding more appealing than Delphinus based on it's actions. Now after I raise one, when I continue to level it up, I'll be balancing the Srike and Ability levels to the current max of 74 Strike, 75 Ability, and 1 Range, correct?

ForgottenReality
Jul 9, 2012, 12:34 PM
I got a Carina that runs up to enemies and does a melee attack. It's PB is Cetus Imera. It shoots a huge beam that does rapid, and high damage, to all enemies in it. Much like it's other forms, it retains the trigger action to restore PP at a much faster rate. But what I like most about this mag is that when it reaches the point it can use its PB, it makes me invulnerable for approximately 20-30 seconds.

Edit: Sorry about the small image, didn't know how to make it appear bigger on the post.

Zepia
Jul 9, 2012, 01:45 PM
Wait, so after the 3rd evolution your MAG can still shift forms? Right now I have Cepheus and I want to change into Tucana. Is that still possible?

Darki
Jul 9, 2012, 01:53 PM
Why people don't read the first post... <_<

Yes, you can change your Cepheus to Tucana, ONLY if you manage to meet the requirements for it. If you have, for example, 90 Ranged already you won't be able, because there are not enough levels for you to make your ranged stats non-dominant anymore.

if your mag's total ranged stats are under 75 then you can turn it into a Tucana by levelling it at least 1 striking and the rest in Ability.

Resanoca
Jul 9, 2012, 02:04 PM
Libra shoots Zonde and for its PB, it does three slashes with its horn and then jumps and stomps the enemy.

PannaCotta
Jul 9, 2012, 02:09 PM
I got a Carina that runs up to enemies and does a melee attack. It's PB is Cetus Imera. It shoots a huge beam that does rapid, and high damage, to all enemies in it. Much like it's other forms, it retains the trigger action to restore PP at a much faster rate. But what I like most about this mag is that when it reaches the point it can use its PB, it makes me invulnerable for approximately 20-30 seconds.

Edit: Sorry about the small image, didn't know how to make it appear bigger on the post.

This means it evolve into Monoceros before evolving into Carina right?

I'm planning my new MAG fedding plan.
- First feeding it into Antila (maybe 11 ability 9 strike and 10 tech) to get abnormal status recovery.
- Then feeding into Lepus. (50 tech)
- Keep feeding another stat to level 100 and it will evolve into Monoceros. (getting invisible)
- Feed another stat to let it evolve into Carina.

Will this plan work well? Is 50 tech is enough to make it evolve into Monoceros at level 100? Or 51 tech?

IndigoNovember
Jul 9, 2012, 04:41 PM
Libra shoots Zonde and for its PB, it does three slashes with its horn and then jumps and stomps the enemy.

Cool, thanks for the input. How well would you say the Photon Blast works? Does it target the enemy well?

gigawuts
Jul 9, 2012, 04:54 PM
Anyone have any comments for Leo? Is its attack, PB, etc. any good? I'll probably raise a regular use mag with 48 ability and 102 striking, then leave my pure striking delphinus for just those silly high requirement weapons if I can't already equip them with the Leo.

Resanoca
Jul 9, 2012, 05:12 PM
Cool, thanks for the input. How well would you say the Photon Blast works? Does it target the enemy well?It'll work well with huge mobs and bosses. Personally, I prefer Libra's blast out of the of the three of them.

gigawuts
Jul 9, 2012, 05:14 PM
Hm, another question as well. If I raise a mag of X type and get its trigger action, can I change it to Y type (Let's say Lyra with HP J to Antlia) will its trigger action carry over or be replaced with the new mag's trigger action?

I love HP J, but don't really love the striking mag options. If so, could I get HP J after already raising this mag as an Antlia then change it back to keep HP J on Antlia after turning it back? I knew I'd regret doing anything to these mags before all of this was figured out, but impatience got the best of me.

CaliburxZero
Jul 9, 2012, 10:27 PM
Got a question, my mag (Libra) is 64/0/30/43/4/4/5 and Since my defenses are very low on my mag, is that really a bad thing? I've noticed trying to equip higher star rating armor pieces to be ridiculous in requirements, but are they needed to really survive? Could use some opinions on this thanks

Tessu
Jul 9, 2012, 10:50 PM
Sorry guys, this might be a nubcake question, but the wording of the guide at the beginning confuses me. I have a friend whose mag is an Antlia, and he wants Corvus.

So if I have a friend whose mag has 1 striking (mistake), 11 ranged attack, 18 ability, and 0 everything else, and his mag just evolved into Antlia--should he be feeding it guns or techs right now? Or both? Does Ability have to stay higher than ranged until level 95? How high does it have to be for it to evolve into Corvus? Just came in here to ask because I'm not sure why the dominant stat would have to be Ability all the way to 95 if his mag is already Antlia. What would happen if he increased its ranged attack from now on and it exceeded ability by level 95?

SO CONFUSED. D:

Shinri
Jul 9, 2012, 11:10 PM
Anyone know what the ability Libra gains upon reaching 100 does exactly? The translated Japanese wiki calls it 'H increased support' or something, but I have no idea what that is meant to mean and nothing immediately obvious is happening in game.

And @CaliburxZero, you should be fine without the absolute top tier armour as long as you grind the best stuff you can equip and dodge/block actively. I find a lot of the attacks that inflict heavier damage are quite well telegraphed, or are easily remembered (El Arda always do a damaging spiral when they recover from knockdown, so don't stand next to them for too long while they're down etc.)

Saffran
Jul 10, 2012, 01:29 AM
OK this post is edited so if you answered in the meantime, I'm sorry.
I checked the wiki again.

A means "on the spot" : let's say you get a burn status inflictment, the mag immediately reacts and cures you. It doesn't mean it will always do that for absolutely every instance, but sometimes it will.

B means when you change area (when you enter another zone).

E means "when your mag has a full gage (Photon Blast is ready)".

G means "for an interrupt event", frequency is low.

H means "for an interrupt event", frequency is regular.

J means "from time to time".

XIIBlades
Jul 10, 2012, 01:51 AM
Hey folks, do you know if Mag abilities stack? As in, if my mag has 3 HP restore A's, will the odds of the auto-heal triggering be tripled?

Darki
Jul 10, 2012, 04:36 AM
Sorry guys, this might be a nubcake question, but the wording of the guide at the beginning confuses me. I have a friend whose mag is an Antlia, and he wants Corvus.

if you have in mind a better way to word the information, please tell me, because the least I want is to confuse people. <_<

So if I have a friend whose mag has 1 striking (mistake), 11 ranged attack, 18 ability, and 0 everything else, and his mag just evolved into Antlia--should he be feeding it guns or techs right now? Or both? Does Ability have to stay higher than ranged until level 95? How high does it have to be for it to evolve into Corvus? Just came in here to ask because I'm not sure why the dominant stat would have to be Ability all the way to 95 if his mag is already Antlia. What would happen if he increased its ranged attack from now on and it exceeded ability by level 95?

SO CONFUSED. D:

The Ability branch is the least confusing one, I'd say. <_< If your friend wants a corvus, it gotta be an Antlia at level 99, so he can't just go all ranged now or else it will turn into a Fornax.

So, he should raise its Ability to 48~49, making sure that Ranged never exceeds Ability till level 95. At that point it could be 48 Ability, 46 Ranged, 1 striking. From there just start raising Ranged and you'd get a Corvus.

OK this post is edited so if you answered in the meantime, I'm sorry.
I checked the wiki again.

A means "on the spot" : let's say you get a burn status inflictment, the mag immediately reacts and cures you. It doesn't mean it will always do that for absolutely every instance, but sometimes it will.

B means when you change area (when you enter another zone).

E means "when your mag has a full gage (Photon Blast is ready)".

G means "for an interrupt event", frequency is low.

H means "for an interrupt event", frequency is regular.

J means "from time to time".

Aaahh pretty useful, now I understand why my mag heals mee sometimes randomly when I'm not attacked, due to the HP restoration J.

But that's weird then. I got the invincibility trigger action on full gauge. My mag does that of course ONLY on full gauge, but the ability is an A type. Why is that?

Hey folks, do you know if Mag abilities stack? As in, if my mag has 3 HP restore A's, will the odds of the auto-heal triggering be tripled?

Apparently it depends on the ability. Status restoration ones, like HP, PP and SE ones in theory stack and the more your mag have the more often it uses them, but some of them don't seem to stack, for example the item creation one that makes your mag pop mates.

NoiseHERO
Jul 10, 2012, 06:21 AM
If it's accurate, the updated first post DEFINITELY simplifies things.

I feel like "I C WUT DEY DID THAR" now.

4 trees

3-4 different focused stats per tree.

If they gave our current 13s mags a whole new tree, I could only wonder what they would come up with. @_@

word2own
Jul 10, 2012, 07:43 AM
In those equations, for example when they require "Tech", is it referring to the Tech mag stat that adds dmg and base stat? Or does it include the Tech Defense?

EDIT: nevermind, found my answer.

Courina
Jul 10, 2012, 08:44 AM
hmm... i got question...

my friend got like 40 ranged mag (lv 40 Fornax, other stats = 0)... and she change her mind and want ability mag... if before 95 the mag stats at least 40 ranged and 41 ability, will it transform to Antilla?

Darki
Jul 10, 2012, 09:34 AM
Yes, the threshold for swapping types before level 95 is 47 points. If your friend's mag had 48 points in ranged, it'd have only 47 levels left for Ability, so it wouldn't be able to change form. Tell your friend to focus on Ability for now till it gets to 49 or so, then she can keep raising Ability to get a Crux or go back to Ranged for a Corvus.

gigawuts
Jul 10, 2012, 09:46 AM
Has the 47/48 theory been tested? I have an antlia sitting at 48, and want as much in s-atk as possible while staying as a leo. If it hasn't been confirmed to work, I'll just put ability up to 50 to be sure.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 10, 2012, 10:27 AM
I'd really like to know how the Range PBs vary from type to type.
So far I got:

Cepheus: Same as Fornax.....stronger perhaps?
Tucana: ???
Caelum: ???

I forgot which one but someone in the thread mentioned one of the is more AOE so might not be all that good for Boss....maybe idk.... yet....

Alot of times I don't get PB gauge full until the end of the mission anyway...of course that might be normal for Ranger idk.....

IndigoNovember
Jul 10, 2012, 11:28 AM
Aaahh pretty useful, now I understand why my mag heals mee sometimes randomly when I'm not attacked, due to the HP restoration J.

But that's weird then. I got the invincibility trigger action on full gauge. My mag does that of course ONLY on full gauge, but the ability is an A type. Why is that?

Please refer to this thread: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197305

It has a good list of the Trigger Abilities.

PannaCotta
Jul 10, 2012, 12:53 PM
Ah, the new information. My Lepus has 50 tech at level 100 and it doesn't evolve, which means you need to raise your main stat at least 51 level to make it evolves to pure line at level 100.

http://user.kemo.in.th/PannaCotta/PSO2/pso20120711_004749_002.jpg

So, Darki please change the info in the first page about condition for MAG evolution. It must be > or < not equal.

XionAsuka
Jul 10, 2012, 03:20 PM
I'd really like to know how the Range PBs vary from type to type.
So far I got:

Cepheus: Same as Fornax.....stronger perhaps?
Tucana: ???
Caelum: ???

I forgot which one but someone in the thread mentioned one of the is more AOE so might not be all that good for Boss....maybe idk.... yet....

Alot of times I don't get PB gauge full until the end of the mission anyway...of course that might be normal for Ranger idk.....

Caelum's PB is a potentially less-damaging, more spread-out barrage of homing blasts. I haven't tried it up close yet, but from afar, the attack is almost guaranteed to hit unless you're fighting a fast enemy. If you have numerous enemies, the blasts will likely curve off and blast other nearby enemies.

I did, however, blast a Del Malmoth with a full homing salvo and it hit pretty hard, numerous times. Probably around 400-500 a shot, but I couldn't count how many times it hit him. I feel it works better in a chain, as the repeated salvo's really help to pile on damage. I think each shot may also cause some sort-of knockdown on lesser enemies.

As far as Tucana's PB is concerned, I haven't seen any Tucana's yet, or their PB's. Heck, as far as i've seen on Block 20, i'm the only one with Caelum. Most people opt for the pure mags, so there don't seem to be as many Hybrid-type Mags.

ps0k1d
Jul 10, 2012, 03:22 PM
Hey i have a question, anyone notice that a level 150 mag's fullness percentage drops at a majorly increased rate?

I fed him up to 61% and within 5 minutes he had dropped down 43%. And i am almost certain when i was raising him the percentage didn't drop this fast. It just seems kind of fast, and trying to keep him fed during item hunting runs is kind of crazy.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 10, 2012, 03:35 PM
Caelum's PB is a potentially less-damaging, more spread-out barrage of homing blasts. I haven't tried it up close yet, but from afar, the attack is almost guaranteed to hit unless you're fighting a fast enemy. If you have numerous enemies, the blasts will likely curve off and blast other nearby enemies.

I did, however, blast a Del Malmoth with a full homing salvo and it hit pretty hard, numerous times. Probably around 400-500 a shot, but I couldn't count how many times it hit him. I feel it works better in a chain, as the repeated salvo's really help to pile on damage. I think each shot may also cause some sort-of knockdown on lesser enemies.

Thanks for the info...
If only these made actual sense!
Does either of Imera of Nifuta sound like what Caelum does?

Shooting Mag Photon Blast (Jellyfish/Fortress/Vol Opt lookalike):

1. Brogile: Extensively towards the front, exploding shells fired one after another, do the annihilation.
2. Imera: Furaseru as hail-to-ambient photon maser target was fired from the head.
3. Nifuta: Bullets flying airplane wings, where each was allowed to have a will, shoot the target.

But from I see....
Brogile is the first PB you get regardless of Mag type at 30.

Imera and Nifuta on the other hand are possibly the hybrid's PB (Like your Caelum and Tuscna)

One thing that throws me off.....Ability path technically has 4 possibilites oppose to every one has 3. So unless the Ability path gets a 4th PB category

Darki
Jul 10, 2012, 03:40 PM
That has been said already.

There are just 3 versions for each PB. All mags get the Brogile version after the first evolution. After the second, the "pure" stat mags keep the Brogile while the other two versions go to the hybrids. In case of the Ability ones, Crux and Leo both keep the Brogile version.

NekoXiu
Jul 10, 2012, 04:23 PM
Ugh, there's no search thread function. Can someone tell me more about Cygnus, Leo, and Crux? Cygnus pretty much goes from striking to ability (while keeping range at 1) and Leo goes from Ability to Striking. Can someone explain what the benefits to each one of these mags are? And maybe their PBs as well. I main gunblade as a hunter so I was thinking of Cygnus so I can use all three striking, shooting, and ability.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 10, 2012, 04:38 PM
That has been said already.

There are just 3 versions for each PB. All mags get the Brogile version after the first evolution. After the second, the "pure" stat mags keep the Brogile while the other two versions go to the hybrids. In case of the Ability ones, Crux and Leo both keep the Brogile version.

Oh yea right right ><
I'd of hope that the Pure State 3rd Form PB is stronger then the orginal.

gigawuts
Jul 10, 2012, 05:29 PM
Ah, the new information. My Lepus has 50 tech at level 100 and it doesn't evolve, which means you need to raise your main stat at least 51 level to make it evolves to pure line at level 100.

http://user.kemo.in.th/PannaCotta/PSO2/pso20120711_004749_002.jpg

So, Darki please change the info in the first page about condition for MAG evolution. It must be > or < not equal.

I'm glad you posted this, I'll be getting 51 ability just to be safe.

IndigoNovember
Jul 10, 2012, 05:44 PM
Ugh, there's no search thread function.

? It's right next to the Thread Rating and Thread Tools option, right under the top list of page numbers underneath the "Welcome, [name]" .

RavenLeader
Jul 10, 2012, 07:06 PM
- Cygnus (キグナス) -> Ranged > Tech // Ranged + Ability > Striking

Lyra evolves into Cygnus when the total amount in Ranged stats is greater than Tech stats. Also, Striking stat must still be the dominant stat until level 95 (otherwise it would change into a non-melee oriented mag), BUT the total amount in Striking stats must be always lower than the total amount in Ranged stats plus Ability combined (otherwise it would evolve into Delphinus).

Can anyone tell me more about Cygnus? like how he normal attacks enemies? if he's a range type sub class of a striking type does he shoot? I mean what's his attack? and what kind of pb does he perform? I currently have a Leo, which was previusly a crux (crux shoots fire bullet, leo just mauls things) but i have a second mag with a blank slate :| and wanted a gunslash mag :)

gigawuts
Jul 10, 2012, 07:21 PM
Oh, how do you like Leo? What do you mean by mauls things? Does he stun them, deal a bunch of damage, knock them airborne, or what?

RavenLeader
Jul 10, 2012, 07:26 PM
Oh, how do you like Leo? What do you mean by mauls things? Does he stun them, deal a bunch of damage, knock them airborne, or what?

I like Leo abunch honestly, he's a good little supporter for a striking class, he's done everything from uppercut yeti's (the big ones) into the air to pinning down the smaller guys, I liked Crux a bit more though but that's because I wanted a long range support mag while fighting with a sword, but Leo is good. I just wish I knew how Cygnus runs because that's the next mag i'll be getting.

XionAsuka
Jul 10, 2012, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the info...
If only these made actual sense!
Does either of Imera of Nifuta sound like what Caelum does?

Shooting Mag Photon Blast (Jellyfish/Fortress/Vol Opt lookalike):

1. Brogile: Extensively towards the front, exploding shells fired one after another, do the annihilation.
2. Imera: Furaseru as hail-to-ambient photon maser target was fired from the head.
3. Nifuta: Bullets flying airplane wings, where each was allowed to have a will, shoot the target.

But from I see....
Brogile is the first PB you get regardless of Mag type at 30.

Imera and Nifuta on the other hand are possibly the hybrid's PB (Like your Caelum and Tuscna)

One thing that throws me off.....Ability path technically has 4 possibilites oppose to every one has 3. So unless the Ability path gets a 4th PB category

Without a doubt, Nifuta is most definitely Caelum's. Tucana's most likely uses the Imera skill, but I haven't seen anyone with a Tucana to know what it looks like.

IndigoNovember
Jul 10, 2012, 10:44 PM
I just wish I knew how Cygnus runs because that's the next mag i'll be getting.

Here's the answer:

As for Leo, you said it both knocks opponents into the air as well as knocks them down? Hmm, how often has that interrupted your combos?

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 10, 2012, 11:34 PM
Without a doubt, Nifuta is most definitely Caelum's. Tucana's most likely uses the Imera skill, but I haven't seen anyone with a Tucana to know what it looks like.

So I wonder if it's safe to say that:
Brogile: Default of the stat branch PB
Imera: Dominant stat branch/Striking PB
Nifuta: Dominant stat branch/Tech PB

Of course that's speaking for Range Path specifically.....but if that's how it works the concept would be the same...

And on an unrelated note....wonder at somepoint will they have Mag Device similiar to Mag Cells in PSO....Miss my Sato and Sega Genesis lol

Rowe
Jul 11, 2012, 12:12 AM
And on an unrelated note....wonder at somepoint will they have Mag Device similiar to Mag Cells in PSO....Miss my Sato and Sega Genesis lol

Since Mag tickets cost money and Mags are non-tradeable, Sega would be insane not to pack this game full of Mags. They'll probably do Mag cells as prizes from scratches, with a few in the FUN scratch but most of them in the AC. I also suspect they'll do another evolutionary step after the currently-final one, because why else stop growth at level 150, instead of, say, 199 or 200? They're going to want to make a lot of Mags for us to collect to encourage players to get more than one. With the 13 we have to pick from now, one is pretty much enough.

More related to the topic, but less related to this tangent question: Does anyone know what trigger action evolution into Caelum gives? I know its auto-action is a Megid-bullet and its PB is the variant that shoots a spray of smaller but faster bullets, but I haven't seen a post about the trigger action. I want to make sure it's good, because otherwise I could probably evolve a Cepheus or something first for the better trigger, and then switch it over to Caelum for keeps.

IndigoNovember
Jul 11, 2012, 01:02 AM
More related to the topic, but less related to this tangent question: Does anyone know what trigger action evolution into Caelum gives? I know its auto-action is a Megid-bullet and its PB is the variant that shoots a spray of smaller but faster bullets, but I haven't seen a post about the trigger action. I want to make sure it's good, because otherwise I could probably evolve a Cepheus or something first for the better trigger, and then switch it over to Caelum for keeps.

It appears to have PP Support B according to the Japanese wiki: http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://wikiwiki.asia/pso2/index.php%3F%25A5%25DE%25A5%25B0&usg=ALkJrhjh9j5cwkQ7OWlY2m44kHRPzdOZJw

PannaCotta
Jul 11, 2012, 04:22 AM
Ah update information about MAG atk. My Carina do about 2x damage while Lepus did around 6x which I wander if Carina atk damage is based on strike parameter?

http://user.kemo.in.th/PannaCotta/PSO2/pso20120711_161841_000.jpg

Rowe
Jul 11, 2012, 06:45 AM
Huh, I guess I hadn't even thought about that. So if I have a Caelum with only, say, 15 T-ATK, it's going to do pathetic chump-damage with those Megid-shots?

EDIT: Oh, hey, that Wiki's actually pretty useful, and the translation isn't THAT bad (except that Trimate translates as: "Birds mate Des Bains shifter Ride Ride").

Also,I think I'm going to go Cepheus first to get the activates-when-needed invincibility trigger instead of the when-PB-filled invincibility trigger, but then go to Caelum at 105. I plan to go Guntekker (if our assumptions about hybrid classes are right), so putting some extra into T-ATK to boost the Megid-shot power should be a good move in the long run.

JeyKama
Jul 11, 2012, 09:12 AM
Cepheus' Invincibility device triggers on PB gauge fill like the rest.

stanido
Jul 11, 2012, 09:15 AM
can any1 tell me what i must do to get carina?
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/521/pso20120711160651000.jpg/

holmwood
Jul 11, 2012, 09:33 AM
can any1 tell me what i must do to get carina?
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/521/pso20120711160651000.jpg/

Your range and strength are the same stat. Your mag is confused. :(
Have strength to be bigger than range. Put one more point in strength. :/

You wouls have to continue leveling until 105 for it to update its evolution. Put the other stat point into either tech or ability if you fancy... just make sure the combined stat of Range and Ability exceeds Tech.

Tessu
Jul 11, 2012, 10:51 AM
if you have in mind a better way to word the information, please tell me, because the least I want is to confuse people. <_<

The Ability branch is the least confusing one, I'd say. <_< If your friend wants a corvus, it gotta be an Antlia at level 99, so he can't just go all ranged now or else it will turn into a Fornax.

So, he should raise its Ability to 48~49, making sure that Ranged never exceeds Ability till level 95. At that point it could be 48 Ability, 46 Ranged, 1 striking. From there just start raising Ranged and you'd get a Corvus.

It confuses me because I don't know why he can't go all RNG once his mag is already an Antlia. I was not aware it would change into a Fornax even after level 30.

I will tell him this. :) Thank you!

KayinKento
Jul 11, 2012, 11:12 AM
I was actually about to ask a similar question about Karina. My mag already evolved to one and I was wondering what I should do it doesn't change into anything else.

So Range (射撃) and Ability (技量) > Tech (法撃)? Can striking be added and do I need to make any adjustments to my Strike/Range/Tech defense? I attached a screenshot of Karina's stats.

browser
Jul 11, 2012, 11:26 AM
Does the photon blast of the mag change when they change after level 100? Right now i have monoceros and was wondering when i change to carina will the PB change also?

NekoXiu
Jul 11, 2012, 12:47 PM
So for Cygnus, I can pretty much have 74 striking and 76 range yes? If at level 94, what happens if both striking and range are equal at 47, does it still stay as a Lyra? then at 95, I add one range, making it 47 striking and 48 range, that will make it a cygnus?

edit: oh no, my ability is at 9 already and i can't make it go back to lvl 0...

edit2: i got two action trigger items, what happens to the mag when i use them? other than gaining 10 lvls, like does it gain a bunch of striking or shooting depending on the action trigger? or does it only add an action trigger to it? How many could a mag have?

holmwood
Jul 11, 2012, 05:59 PM
I was actually about to ask a similar question about Karina. My mag already evolved to one and I was wondering what I should do it doesn't change into anything else.

So Range (射撃) and Ability (技量) > Tech (法撃)? Can striking be added and do I need to make any adjustments to my Strike/Range/Tech defense? I attached a screenshot of Karina's stats.

As of now, you have 17 strike, 15 range, 42 tech, and 27 ability.
Your strike + ability (Total of 44) > Tech (42). And your Strike (17) > Range (15).
This is for a carina.

Since you mentioned raising Range, I assume you want Orion?
If so, you have to have Range to be higher than strike, and maintain the other requirements (Range+Ability(sum) > Tech) until level 105 where the mag will update its evolution.

AS FOR EVERYONE ELSE, YOU CAN PM ME FOR MAG BUILD RELATED QUESTIONS IF YOUR QUESTIONS HAVE NOT BEEN ANSWERED YET. : D

Fujiko
Jul 11, 2012, 07:50 PM
For those that wanted to see the Apus mag. Evolved just as planned, evolved it as ability mag then made t-attack highest stat.

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/DDd0u.jpg[/spoiler-box]

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/O1e64.jpg[/spoiler-box]

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/L4zD8.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Asbeel
Jul 11, 2012, 11:01 PM
My Mags that I must give up the ability stas?

Darki
Jul 12, 2012, 05:25 AM
Does the photon blast of the mag change when they change after level 100? Right now i have monoceros and was wondering when i change to carina will the PB change also?

In theory it should.

Courina
Jul 12, 2012, 05:26 AM
Succed o.o b My mag evolve from Monocheros at lv 100 to Orion at lv 130... and now i lost PP restore from photon blast for ThunderStorm Photon blass o.o b

Darki
Jul 12, 2012, 07:01 AM
So, to put things in order, and add the information, let me get things right...

Helix Proi: Unicorn pops, charges forward a couple times.
Helix Imera: unicorn pops and charges, then creates an electrified area attack that fries all enemies around.
Helix Nifta: Unicorn pops, charges, then hits with the horn upwards knowking everything up.

Ajax Proi: Owl pops, shoots exploding energy bullets to a single target.
Ajax Imera: ?
Ajax Nifta: Owl pops and shoots a barrage of energy seeking bullets in a given area.

Cetos Proi: Fish pops and swims around the player restoring PP
Cetos Imera: Fish pops, moves the tail ring forward and shoots a freaking wide laser to the target.
Cetos Nifta: Fish pops, and creates a thunderstorm that damages enemies (seems to be like Helix Imera, does it do something else?)

Julius Proi: Octopus pops and punches the hell out of a target
Julius Imera: ?
Julius Nifta: ?

Help me complete this so I can add it to the front page. <_<

BTW I took free license again to translate the PB names, but I think they sound really cool like this.

NoGoBoard
Jul 12, 2012, 11:59 AM
I'm trying to go for the Caelum, so would 49 Ranged, 26 Ability and 25 Tech work?

holmwood
Jul 12, 2012, 12:00 PM
I'm trying to go for the Caelum, so would 49 Ranged, 26 Ability and 25 Tech work?

Yes, you should get Caelum. :)

Spellbinder
Jul 12, 2012, 12:14 PM
I really should have been sleeping, but it bugs me for people to not have this information, and if I see someone google translate it again I'll carve out my eyes with a wooden spoon, so....

Lyra - Helix Puroi

Delphinus - Helix Puroi
Cygnus - Helix Imera
Libra - Helix Nifta

Helix Puroi: The helix type avatar with piercing force. Cloaked in photon energy, it charges toward it's target to attack.
Helix Imera: The helix type avatar with piercing force. It takes a step toward the enemy and unleashes an electric attack on nearby enemies.
Helix Nifta: The helix type avatar with piercing force. After consecutive strkes with it horn, it follows with a trampling attack using its body. (confirm?)

Fornax - Aias Puroi

Cepheus - Aiasu Puroi
Tucana - Aias Imera
Caelum - Aias Nifta

Aias Puroi: The aias type avatar with unyielding force. Launches a devestating attack with several explosive shells in a wide area in front of it.
Aias Imera: The aias type avatar with unyielding force. Using a photon maser launched from its head, energy rains down around its target.
Aias Nifta: The aias type avatar with unyielding force. It releases wings with a will of their own which turn into bullets striking the enemy.

Lepus - Ketos (cetus) Puroi

Monoceros - Ketos (cetus) Puroi
Carina - Ketos (cetus) Imera
Orion - Ketos (cetus) Nifta

Ketos (cetus) Puroi: The ketos (cetus) type avatar with resolute force. Manipulating photons in the nearby atmosphre, PP recovery is greatly increased.
Ketos (cetus) Imera: The ketos (cetus) type avatar with resolute force. Launches a focused laser attack with condensed photons toward enemies in front of it.
Ketos (cetus) Nifta: The ketos (cetus) type avatar with resolute force. Swimming about in the air, it electrifies photons to launch multiple lightning strikes.

Antila - Julius Puroi

Crux - Julius Puroi
Leo - Julius Puroi
Corvus - Julius Imera
Apus - Julius Nifta

Julius Puroi: The julius type avatar with unwavering force. Warps toward the target launching a fury of attacks with its many arms.
Julius Imera: The julius type avatar with unwavering force. Launches piercing arrows from the sky towards its enemies that are sure to kill.
Julius Nifta: The julius type avatar with unwavering force. Creates a resctrictive hyper gravitational field collapsing around the targeted area crushing enemies.

*I left プロイ in romaji (Puroi) simply because I couldn't figure out what word they derived it from. My only guess is it's something Greek.
** On the 3rd helix photon blast, the description was a little difficult for me, and since I've never seen it used I don't know if I described it accurately.

XionAsuka
Jul 12, 2012, 12:42 PM
Going by that description, Ajax/Aias Imera sounds like a (forgive the PSU descrip) Paradi Cataract-type attack, except focused on one enemy (and those around it?). Hopefully someone with a Tucana can give us insight on what it looks like.

Darki
Jul 12, 2012, 12:46 PM
I used the word Proi because I know some ancient greek and it means "morning", but I don't know what do imera and nifta means. However "Hemera" and "Nyx" are the names of the goddess of the Day and the Night in ancient greek mythology, and the lore makes sense considering that the rest of the names are based on greek constellations and stuff like that.

it would be really cool that they were called Helix Proi, Helix Hemera and helix Nyx to follow the cycle of the light: morning, noon and night.

Also, I wrote Aias as "Ajax" and Ketosu as "Cetos" because they're also greek names.

I can write those names that way in the first post (with the katakana words too, of course) if people like them. xD

Spellbinder
Jul 12, 2012, 12:50 PM
No worries about the spellings, when I looked them up there were 2 readings for them and I just picked one. I didn't see the Hemera spelling but I did see it written as Imera and also saying it represented some time of day. You may be on to something with the cycle.

I've been wanting to translate those photon blast descriptions for a long time now, glad I finally did. It'll be worth being a little sleepy tomorrow.:)

Darki
Jul 12, 2012, 12:51 PM
It just sounds very poetic to me. I really like those names, but I'm a sucker for greek mythology. In any case I wouldn't say they're intended to be those names, because the "engrish" version of the rest of the names seem very accurate, and in that case it whould have been spelled as "nikusu", not "nifuta", and "hemera" is already a very syllabic word that would be easy to write in katakana. I just don't know, but it wouldn't make sense to me either that they're unrelated.

Spellbinder
Jul 12, 2012, 01:25 PM
If you're planning to add on to the main page, I could fish up some more of the test results from the Japanese message boards. They've turned up quite a bit of info, and because of it I'm considering buying another mag or a reset. ^^;

Darki
Jul 12, 2012, 10:22 PM
The descriptions you posted are nice but I'd prefer explanations easier to understand. For example Julius Nifta sounds freaking cool, but I can't piture the ingame action. Does it just put all monsters down and damages them?

holmwood
Jul 12, 2012, 11:54 PM
The descriptions you posted are nice but I'd prefer explanations easier to understand. For example Julius Nifta sounds freaking cool, but I can't piture the ingame action. Does it just put all monsters down and damages them?

Urius Nifta (Or Julius as Spellbinder put it) is an energy ball. Can't really control targeting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZePX9D7-jUE

A better picture http://mmoloda.com/pso2/image/4704.jpg

Anyway, as you said, the descriptions are correct to a degree... but it's hard to imagine. :S

We should all record videos and take pictures as a community. lol

Omega-z
Jul 13, 2012, 12:42 AM
Oh Darki, Jean the NPC uses the Ajax Imera and it shoot a beam up in the air with a sparkle trail behind the beam, Then 5~6 beam's rain down like a Perdi in PSU. If that helps I'll get pic of it too for you.:)

I wonder what Julius Imera does?

Spellbinder
Jul 13, 2012, 12:45 AM
So... you don't want the extra information from the Japanese threads then?

holmwood
Jul 13, 2012, 02:09 AM
So... you don't want the extra information from the Japanese threads then?

What kind of extra info?

XionAsuka
Jul 13, 2012, 02:28 AM
Oh Darki, Jean the NPC uses the Ajax Imera and it shoot a beam up in the air with a sparkle trail behind the beam, Then 5~6 beam's rain down like a Perdi in PSU. If that helps I'll get pic of it too for you.:)

I wonder what Julius Imera does?

Edit: Tired, and I read wrong. Sorry! Julius Imera causes... I'm not sure how many, but energy spikes/javelins will drop down and pierce one/several foes. Accuracy is pretty nice, from what i've seen.

Spellbinder
Jul 13, 2012, 02:52 AM
What kind of extra info?

Which stats effect photon blasts, etc., pretty much any info I can scrounge up I'd post, but I don't want it to simply be a waste of time like the previous descriptions seem to have been. :no:

Darki
Jul 13, 2012, 04:01 AM
When did I say I don't want that info? O_o

*reads back*

Seriously, when? O_o

The previous descriptions were not a waste, they helped to clarify many of them, but some of the desdcriptions were just too flashy and not too "descriptive" about the PBs. If there's better info in the JP threads I'd really like to know. <_<

Spellbinder
Jul 13, 2012, 06:39 AM
I apologize, I've had a pretty rough week. It's just that seeing criticism of the translations without a thanks, I feel like I'm back at work with my oppressive Japanese boss. orz

Anywho, I don't have time to go through all the Japanese threads, but here's one tidbit.

Mags whose photon blasts depend on the striking stat:

Delphinus, Cygnus, Libra, Cepheus, Tucana, Caelum, Carina, Orion, Crux, Leo

Mags whose photon blasts depend on the ranged stat (i forget what people call it in english)

Corvus

No particular dependent stat:

Monoceros (needs confirmation in my personal opinion)

*There's still no consensus on Orion.

Darki
Jul 13, 2012, 07:02 AM
Don't worry, everybody has a bad time once in a while, and sorry if we didn't show enough appreciation for that. It was a nice job, and I'll surely use those descriptions when I put them on the first page, but understand that as I said some are a bit too flashy and don't really explain the real deal.

For example, Julius Nifta, you could think many possible functions that would fit that description, for example an energy field that keeps monsters inmobile so you can nuke'em all or stuff like that. xD

Btw, that info is interesting. Do they use only their own stats in the calculations, or do they use the player stats too?

Spellbinder
Jul 13, 2012, 08:42 AM
For example, Julius Nifta, you could think many possible functions that would fit that description, for example an energy field that keeps monsters inmobile so you can nuke'em all or stuff like that. xD

Btw, that info is interesting. Do they use only their own stats in the calculations, or do they use the player stats too?

It looks like it's all based on the players stats. Because of this I'm considering remaking my Carina... even though I love having a kitty robot mag. :-(

holmwood
Jul 13, 2012, 09:04 AM
I apologize, I've had a pretty rough week. It's just that seeing criticism of the translations without a thanks, I feel like I'm back at work with my oppressive Japanese boss. orz

Anywho, I don't have time to go through all the Japanese threads, but here's one tidbit.

Mags whose photon blasts depend on the striking stat:

Delphinus, Cygnus, Libra, Cepheus, Tucana, Caelum, Carina, Orion, Crux, Leo

Mags whose photon blasts depend on the ranged stat (i forget what people call it in english)

Corvus

No particular dependent stat:

Monoceros (needs confirmation in my personal opinion)

*There's still no consensus on Orion.

WOW, really? Then alot of mags will have pitiful damage then, especially mags that don't even touch the strike stat like orion and caelum. :/

Rowe
Jul 13, 2012, 09:16 AM
There's no way that can be right, for the photon blasts. If it is, Sega really needs to fix that, since it seems incredibly unfair to all non-hunters.

Asbeel
Jul 13, 2012, 10:04 AM
Which is better Delphinus or Leo?

Spellbinder
Jul 13, 2012, 11:39 AM
There's no way that can be right, for the photon blasts. If it is, Sega really needs to fix that, since it seems incredibly unfair to all non-hunters.

Wish it weren't true, but seems to be the case. I just tested Carina myself and was dismayed at the results.

Normal Desert on one of the robots

Card weapon (no striking): 130~ damage
Gun slash (135 striking): 215~ damage
Rod (284 striking): 310~ damage

If it at least scaled with magic attack, the damage would have gone down when I used gun slash, but instead it went up. ::sigh:: Time to start thinking of making an Apus instead... at least that one is supposed to scale with magic attack.

Darki
Jul 13, 2012, 11:46 AM
For your Monoceros needing confirmation, as PP is pretty fixed amount in this game I'd say it doesn't really rely on stats because is not a damaging PB, it probably restores a fixed amount of PP.

XionAsuka
Jul 13, 2012, 01:04 PM
Well that's disappointing. The hybrid mags should at least have their PB's run off the stats needed to make them.

By that information, does that mean even the first stage mag Fornax is also affected by this?

IndigoNovember
Jul 13, 2012, 01:05 PM
Which is better Delphinus or Leo?

Depends on what you're going for:

-Delphinus can be have a maximum of 150 levels of S-ATK + S-DEF mag, whereas Leo can only be at best a 102 S-ATK + S-DEF and 48 Ability/Skill mag.

-Some would say Leo's Photon Blast is better than Delphinus's since Leo's targets and warps to the enemy rather than Delphinus's just charging towards the enemy.

-Delphinus gets the Invincibility A mag device which gives you a guaranteed 10~ seconds of invincibility when the Photon Blast gauge is full. Leo gets the Status Upgrade E mag device which casts Shifta/Deband when the Photon Blast gauge is full.

-Both seem to have the horrible normal attack of lifting the enemy into the air and interrupting your Hunter combos though (somebody please correct me if I'm wrong on this point)...

Dark Renegade
Jul 13, 2012, 01:13 PM
still trying to get cynugs form after reaading up but still cant figur out what im doing wrong mag atk is 55 range is 1 and Ability is 39. plus if it helps can someone tell me another way to take screen shoot (if theres a button to take the shoott faster)

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 13, 2012, 01:17 PM
So If I'm getting what was said in the two previous pages correct.

Really only the specialized mags (the ones that focus on one stat) get a better deal in terms of damage?

XionAsuka
Jul 13, 2012, 01:37 PM
Not even, it seems. Cepheus seems to be the exception to the rule, who despite having a shooting PB, has damage that runs off Strike.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 13, 2012, 02:04 PM
Not even, it seems. Cepheus seems to be the exception to the rule, who despite having a shooting PB, has damage that runs off Strike.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/small/000/158/329/9189283.jpg?1312526309

Spellbinder
Jul 13, 2012, 02:07 PM
Looks like we got some love from the Japanese community. The mag simulator I've been using up till now released an English version. Enjoy. :) http://file.pso2pso2.syoyu.net/pso2maguEnglish

Gardios
Jul 13, 2012, 02:11 PM
Was thinking about putting one together myself, but this works just fine!

Lumir
Jul 13, 2012, 05:39 PM
Anyone got info on what Libras PB is? Delphinus is ok, Cyngus's SUCKS. And so far the best looking one is Carina's.

IndigoNovember
Jul 13, 2012, 05:40 PM
That's beautiful.

Edit: Libra's Photon Blast:

Ezodagrom
Jul 13, 2012, 07:11 PM
still trying to get cynugs form after reaading up but still cant figur out what im doing wrong mag atk is 55 range is 1 and Ability is 39. plus if it helps can someone tell me another way to take screen shoot (if theres a button to take the shoott faster)
The sum of range and ability must be higher than strike, that means that for your mag range + ability must be higher than 55.

Ether
Jul 13, 2012, 07:52 PM
I found an image with photos of all the level 100 mags, if anyone wanted to see what they look like in-game

[spoiler-box]http://www.inconsequentialexistence.com/stuff/4715.jpg[/spoiler-box]

holmwood
Jul 14, 2012, 12:11 AM

Tech atk 55
Range 1
Ability 39
?

It seems you're doing alot of things wrong. Your build seems more suited for a tech based mag, not a cygnus which is strike based.

What mag do you have atm?

gigawuts
Jul 14, 2012, 12:17 AM
Looks like we got some love from the Japanese community. The mag simulator I've been using up till now released an English version. Enjoy. :) http://file.pso2pso2.syoyu.net/pso2maguEnglish

So, I used that and it told me mags KEEP their abilities when they change forms? Is this actually true?

Will raising a mag to 30 S-ATK to get Lyra and HP J, then turning it into an Antlia, let it KEEP HP J?

If so, I get to raise...a third mag :|

holmwood
Jul 14, 2012, 12:20 AM
So, I used that and it told me mags KEEP their abilities when they change forms? Is this actually true?

Will raising a mag to 30 S-ATK to get Lyra and HP J, then turning it into an Antlia, let it KEEP HP J?

It seems so. I've just found this out with the third evolution just recently ingame; keeping Orion's PP regen even when switching to Monoceros. I haven't tried it out with the second mag evolution however.

Darki
Jul 14, 2012, 12:40 AM

Seems like some info I should add to the first page too, lol. I'll add the blast info as well, and I guess if I find the proper list I could add the abbility they get.

And the way they attack. God, sso much to add, so little time.

TerminalMontage
Jul 14, 2012, 12:43 AM
I got 95 tech, 5 ability at 100, then just got to lv101 by accident and leveled up ability.

So they can be leveled up past 100? What's the max lv?

Darki
Jul 14, 2012, 12:46 AM
150 for now.

Darki
Jul 14, 2012, 01:49 AM
BTW, anybody has a list of the mag auto-actions?

gigawuts
Jul 14, 2012, 01:52 AM
Well, shit. Tell you what. I have two mags I can experiment with. One is a 100% S-ATK Lyra, I've stopped feeding it in favor of the other one: an Antlia.

I'll resume feeding Lyra, let it evolve, and see if it keeps its HP J. Then I'll delete Antlia's bonus and let it evolve into Leo. I'll tell you what happens in both scenarios.

This might take a bit. If anyone has any no element no affix weapons they want to sell to me, I'll buy a few at vendor prices.

Rowe
Jul 14, 2012, 02:06 AM
Just hit level 100 and got Caelum as planned. He's pretty cool, and the Megid shot is nothing to scoff at, though the damage seems irregular. I've seen it do from 12 to 165, seems to AoE a little, and poisons targets. I'm planning on going Guntekker, so it should be perfect.

Darki
Jul 14, 2012, 03:13 AM
Ok, I've updated the first post. All is left are the mag attacks and it will be great! I'm a bit busy here to go over the previous pages and gather the already posted info, so again, if some nice user that has been more active in this thread could help me with it, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Check my guide again. I got bored and added a little bit.

Agh, I meant auto-attack, I got messed up with the japanese terminology where those are called "auto actions" and the other ones are "trigger actions", sorry.

Phatshady912
Jul 14, 2012, 03:56 AM
So from what I'm reading it looks like Corvus is by far the best Ranger Mag?

Since you can get 102 R-Atk 48 Ability, and his PB is the only one that scales with R-Atk?

Also how often to Mags auto attack, and what stat does it scale off of?

Dark Renegade
Jul 14, 2012, 04:01 AM
Tech atk 55
Range 1
Ability 39
?

It seems you're doing alot of things wrong. Your build seems more suited for a tech based mag, not a cygnus which is strike based.

What mag do you have atm?

sorry the striking atk is 40 not tech. the range is 1 and the ability is 39 the mag is a lyra

Dark Renegade
Jul 14, 2012, 04:14 AM

thanks just found out how i can turn mag into cynugs

RocSage
Jul 14, 2012, 05:37 AM
is level 150 the current mag max?

Gama
Jul 14, 2012, 05:50 AM
yes the current cap is 150

Risuo
Jul 14, 2012, 06:03 AM
Would anyone happen to know what stat Apus' Photon Blast relies on? I love how the Mag and the PB look to death but I've got a feeling since it's a gigantic orb of gravital doom it relies on T-Atk instead of S-Atk. I've got my Mag set up for (hopefully) eventual Hunter/Force class, so right now I may want to switch over to Leo for more efficient Photon Blast damage.

Darki
Jul 14, 2012, 06:30 AM
it's a gigantic orb of gravital doom

That was just such an epic description.

RocSage
Jul 14, 2012, 06:34 AM
Raising 5 mags gets rather expensive.

Risuo
Jul 14, 2012, 07:02 AM
That was just such an epic description.

It is what it is XD

I evolved mine into Leo a while ago, and all the punching just doesn't compare to the orb. Plus, I think Apus' PB is more of a situational thing, where I can just gather an already clumped up bunch of enemies into a smaller bite-sized clump I can go to town with my partizan's Speed Rain/ Trick Rave, Trick Rave is especially painful if I have Gear, as it hits most if not all of the unfortunate clumped ones. Plus, dunno if I'm the only one that feels this way, but even though the extra damage from PB is nice, you can honestly out DPS your own Mag with a combo volley of your own.

Imma be switching back to Apus then, I miss the wings the most XD

Spellbinder
Jul 14, 2012, 07:04 AM
Would anyone happen to know what stat Apus' Photon Blast relies on? I love how the Mag and the PB looks to death but I've got a feeling since it's a gigantic orb of gravital doom it relies on T-Atk instead of S-Atk. I've got my Mag set up for (hopefully) eventual Hunter/Force class, so right now I may want to switch over to Leo for more efficient Photon Blast damage.

Apus is the only mag with a photon blast that relies on T-Atk, which is why I'm planning to reset my Carina.

BTW, anybody has a list of the mag auto-actions?

Give me a minute.

Edit:

Cepheus - explosive fire bullets (?) *Same as Fornax*
Tucana - same as Lyra
Caelum - Megid
Lepus - Foie
Monoceros - Grants
Carina - simple enemy attack
Orion - piercing fire bullets
Antlia - piercing fire bullets
Crux - Foie
Leo - same as Lyra
Corvus - explosive lightning bullets (?)
Apus - Barta

I've never seen Corvus or Cepheus attack, so I don't know what the descriptions mean by "explosive".

On another note, are you planning to add any information on the evolution skip technique for mag raising before level 100?

RocSage
Jul 14, 2012, 07:11 AM
Apus is the only mag with a photon blast that relies on T-Atk, which is why I'm planning to reset my Carina.

Give me a minute.

I wanted an Apus because it looked like a baby dragon to me initially but as I saw more detailed pictures it doesn't look that way any more so I dropped getting one.

My Collection, as long as the 150 cap is in place, will include Crux, Cepheus, Cygnus, Monoceros, and Carina... and if Apus evolve into a cooler dragon like thing I will be annoyed and buy a new mag to build it up as that ^.^

RocSage
Jul 14, 2012, 07:34 AM
It's all Greek, where PB's are concerned. Ajax was a Greek hero, second greatest-warrior behind Achilles in Agamemnon's army in the Iliad. Cetus was a sea monster from Greek mythology. Helix was a word in Ancient Greek with mostly the same sound and definition that we know today. I've tried to scour my mind for a link between a helix and Greek mythology to make this cleaner. The closest I can manage is that the Caduceus, the staff of Hermes (later modified as a symbol used by Hippocrates, which was in turn modified even more to become widely used as a symbol of modern medical science), bore twin snakes in the shape of helices. And while Julius is most widely known as the family name of the Roman leader, it's believed to be derived from ιουλος, a Greek name. Although, really, I think they just got confused with Julius (Greek, Roman, Whatever. kinda thing) rather than knowing its etymology.

Regarding the PB types, you should listen, since I think you have a curiousity for that sort of thing. Visit those and press the play button at the bottom of the text box to hear what those words sound like. I have a feeling they will sound familiar.

http://translate.google.com/?hl=en#el|en|%CF%80%CF%81%CF%89%CE%AF
http://translate.google.com/?hl=en#el|en|%CE%B7%CE%BC%CE%AD%CF%81%CE%B1
http://translate.google.com/?hl=en#el|en|%CE%BD%CF%8D%CF%87%CF%84%CE%B1

The blast types are Modern Greek words all the way. No connection to mythology.

For Helix, there is one of the 50 sons of King Lycan, but a helix is more associated with the Golden Mean which is Sacred Geometry and represents the virtues of greek philosophy. If I remember right the caduceus is a double helix because it represents two different things that need to be in balance to be healthy. It is one of the most fascinating subjects really due to when you apply the Golden Mean to things you begin to see that it is used a lot and it gives us our sense of beauty and what is and isn't "natural" and "well designed."

i could go on and on about how it is used in architecture, how plants use it, how body forms match it, how it is in music, etc, but that's a bit off topic.

Clunker
Jul 14, 2012, 07:39 AM

What, what?

I've a Cephus ~110 ATM; 45 R-ATK, 35 R-DEF, & 32 Ability...
No Striking at all.

I'd noted it'd doing ~330 per PB hit...
This means I've to start feeding it *Hunter* weapons to improve the "ultra-specialized" shooting mag's PB?!

Spellbinder
Jul 14, 2012, 07:40 AM
What, what?

I've a Cephus ~110 ATM; 45 R-ATK, 35 R-DEF, & 32 Ability...
No Striking at all.

I'd noted it'd doing ~330 per PB hit...
This means I've to start feeding it *Hunter* weapons to improve the "ultra-specialized" shooting mag's PB?!

The photon blast is based off of your S-ATK stat, not the mag's.

Darki
Jul 14, 2012, 07:44 AM
Regarding the PB types, you should listen, since I think you have a curiousity for that sort of thing. Visit those and press the play button at the bottom of the text box to hear what those words sound like. I have a feeling they will sound familiar.

http://translate.google.com/?hl=en#el|en|%CF%80%CF%81%CF%89%CE%AF
http://translate.google.com/?hl=en#el|en|%CE%B7%CE%BC%CE%AD%CF%81%CE%B1
http://translate.google.com/?hl=en#el|en|%CE%BD%CF%8D%CF%87%CF%84%CE%B1

The blast types are Modern Greek words all the way. No connection to mythology.

Lol, I knew it, I don't know modern greek but I assume those words have their roots in the two goddesses, Hemera and Nyx. I guess the mystery was solved. =)

I kinda feel nerdly satisfied with the use of those terms for the game, it gives a very cool depth to it.

Darki
Jul 14, 2012, 08:01 AM
Well, not necesary so random, with Cetus they picked the best name for that creature. xD

RocSage
Jul 14, 2012, 08:08 AM
Yeah, I considered some of that. There's some word for that, right? A single term which indicates a son of Lycaon? (Lykaonides?) SEGA wouldn't go that obscure and pointless, though. When you look at the actual source material for some of this stuff, it's so garbagy. I'm not talking the greater stories which had passed into Greek cultural legend. I'm talking the obscure little details. Remember these mythographers were a series of normal men essentially writing tomes of bullshit they "discovered". When we really examine their motivations, I think one would be hard pressed to say it was anything more than, "Eh, it's a job."

"Well, (insert other pointless mythographer here) has established that made up person was a son of Zeus and (wife you've never heard of), but also King Phil, son of the son of the uncle of Zeus's nephew, had some sons, and they were named let me make up 50 names."

I remember actually reading the original source of this, and to my recollection it's very close to sound just like that. Ok, I looked and found it.

"Pelasgos, who, Akousilaos [Greek writer C6th B.C.] says, was a son of Zeus and Niobe, as we have supposed, but Hesiod declares him to have been a son of the soil. He had a son Lykaon by Meliboia, daughter of Okeanos or, as others say, by a nymphe Kyllene; and Lykaon, reigning over the Arkadians, begat by many wives fifty sons, to wit : Melaineus, Thesprotos, Helix, Nyktimos, Peuketios, Kaukon, Mekisteus, Hopleus, Makareus, Makednos, Horos, Polikhos, Akontes, Euaimon, Ankyor," blah blah many more names - Something out of the Bibliotheca (http://www.theoi.com/Heros/Lykaon.html).

Actually it's a bit simpler than that.
Woman had sex with guy while Husband was away at war and gets pregnant.
Zeus is known as a womanizer that would sleep with women in the guise of their husband returned from war.
Woman had to make up excuse. Said it had to be Zeus and each city, village, etc now has a Son of Zeus.
These guys are now famous at least locally and as such their history needs to be recorded and thats what the bards and poets do which results in the crazy pointless stuff.

Mythology is simple to explain, but I'm not a researcher or someone willing to go and get the evidence for most of my thoughts, but rather someone that can pick out stuff that matches up and come up with a model that is probably the closest to how it actually is the case, so even though I probably have the right answer no one will think it's right until someone willing to do that other stuff comes up with it or I tell it to them and they're like "oh yeah!" and does the research.

Darki
Jul 14, 2012, 08:10 AM
Yeah, I've studied the miths. I picked an ancient greek subject in my university and I'm a sucker for greek mythology. xD

I just can't take my mind of the fact that when the game gets localized they will probably fuck up the names like they did in PSU. I wouldn't step on the US server just because of that. :/

scrangos
Jul 14, 2012, 08:13 AM
Now that there seems to be possible to do some cross breeding... I was wondering if I could get some opinions on the mag skills judging within the same tier in terms of usefulness.

Respectively:
Lv30 tier
HP Recovery J vs
Stat boost J (this is what i understood it was) vs
PP Recovery J vs
debuff removal

lv100 tier
Invincibility on PB charge
Revive/Support (Not 100% sure what this does.. auto res?)
PP Recov on next area (Both H and B do this? maybe bumped is wrong and H is for emergency)
PP Recov on PB charge
Stat boost on emergency
Stat boost on area change
Stat boost on PB charge

Also wondering how the PP recov PB fares against damage PBs, ones that match what your main stat (most of em are strike, one of em is t-atk), and against the ones that dont (say strike PB on a ranger).

Edit: Also for damaging PBs.. woudnt the Stat boost help you do more damage, even if its striking based? Any idea if the double stat boost stacks? (J plus one of the 100 tier)

RocSage
Jul 14, 2012, 08:15 AM
Well, not necesary so random, with Cetus they picked the best name for that creature. xD

The best fit for helix is a confused answer which is that Hermes symbol is the Caduceus who's symbol has a double helix in it. Hermes is also the god of merchants and treveling and those types of things. Unicorns were indian animals and as such would have only been told of t the greeks by merchants/travelers and thus it is connected to the term Helix... but i doubt they'd make that odd conclusion.

Darki
Jul 14, 2012, 08:19 AM
Probably they just named the unicorn "Helix" because of the spiral shape on its horn, as in most instances of the "natural history" of the creature since ancient greek times it was pictured as some sort of spiraled horn like a narwhal.

For Julius and Ajax I don't really see the link between those names and an owl and a six armed creature.

Asbeel
Jul 14, 2012, 01:33 PM
Someone said to me that serves the stas Ability?

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 14, 2012, 03:23 PM
I hope what was said in previous post how most of the MAGS damage is based on Strike...
That seems messed up if that's really how it works...makes me not wanna continue to make cepheus if all the stats is based on my S-ATK :-(

NekoXiu
Jul 14, 2012, 04:29 PM
Can I change from a Leo to a Cygnus? I currently have a Lyra but I can make it into Antila, get Leo or Crux for trigger action, then change back to Cygnus. Or is the mag changing thing only without each class of mags such as Leo can only change to Crux and other ability/skill mags?

Kazzi
Jul 14, 2012, 04:34 PM
Can I change from a Leo to a Cygnus? I currently have a Lyra but I can make it into Antila, get Leo or Crux for trigger action, then change back to Cygnus. Or is the mag changing thing only without each class of mags such as Leo can only change to Crux and other ability/skill mags?

From what's been said in this thread, yeah you can't change your Mag tree once it evolves at 30. You're stuck with the Ability line.

gigawuts
Jul 14, 2012, 04:36 PM
From what's been said in this thread, yeah you can't change your Mag tree once it evolves at 30. You're stuck with the Ability line.

Uh, I think you mean after it evolves at level 100. I'm hearing again and again that you can change forms any which way you like from 30 to 95.

NekoXiu
Jul 14, 2012, 04:52 PM
Uh, I think you mean after it evolves at level 100. I'm hearing again and again that you can change forms any which way you like from 30 to 95.

according to the mag simulator, its not changing.

Risuo
Jul 14, 2012, 05:19 PM

Just a little input, according to personal experience, it will change. I had a Lyra (I only have one mag, because I'm cheap that way XD) and wanted to change it to Antlia ---> Apus at L95 - L100, so I started pumping more ability. Lo and behold, around the L70 marker with more Ability than S-Atk it became Antlia. So yes, it can change before L95, you just have to pump more of one stat (either Strike, Ranged, or Tech) and wait for a multiple of 5.

ex. at L30, the Mag has 16 S Atk and 14 Ability. If you pump ability to say, 21 and S-Atk to 19, it should change into an Antlia

Darki
Jul 14, 2012, 05:25 PM

That simulator is wrong then. You can change between brands without restrictions between levels 30~95. I've seen a couple mags do it myself.

gigawuts
Jul 14, 2012, 05:28 PM
Just a little input, according to personal experience, it will change. I had a Lyra (I only have one mag, because I'm cheap that way XD) and wanted to change it to Antlia ---> Apus at L95 - L100, so I started pumping more ability. Lo and behold, around the L70 marker with more Ability than S-Atk it became Antlia. So yes, it can change before L95, you just have to pump more of one stat (either Strike, Ranged, or Tech) and wait for a multiple of 5.

ex. at L30, the Mag has 16 S Atk and 14 Ability. If you pump ability to say, 21 and S-Atk to 19, it should change into an Antlia

Oh oh oh, do you still have HP J? Did it change by itself? Did you delete it?

RocSage
Jul 14, 2012, 05:42 PM
I don't know if this still a mystery but it seems that this may be the new "evolve a certain way to get a certain thing" thing...

My Mag went from Delphinius to Cygnus. It still has what Delphinius gave it, but not what Cygnus would have, and I have 2 more slots to fill

So whatever it first evolves to after 30 and 100 is the trigger action it will have unless you remove it or something.

elken1996
Jul 14, 2012, 05:53 PM
Carina's Photon Blast dealing around 3k damages with total 8 to 10 hit on Free Field Forest Rock Golem with 49Tech,50Ability and 1 Strike Def.Its PB seem long range and high damage but easily miss.
And it actually miss in this image.
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/h2Q4F.jpg[/spoiler-box]

NekoXiu
Jul 14, 2012, 06:13 PM
Are Crux PB and Leo's PB the same? I mean yeah, I Know theyre both Julius Proi. But if PB is based on S-atk, then Leo's would do more damage since it has striking > everything else?

elken1996
Jul 14, 2012, 06:24 PM
Are Crux PB and Leo's PB the same? I mean yeah, I Know theyre both Julius Proi. But if PB is based on S-atk, then Leo's would do more damage since it has striking > everything else?

They are the same PB someone commented previously

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 14, 2012, 07:04 PM
Carina's Photon Blast dealing around 3k damages with total 8 to 10 hit on Free Field Forest Rock Golem with 49Tech,50Ability and 1 Strike Def.Its PB seem long range and high damage but easily miss.
And it actually miss in this image.
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/h2Q4F.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Was you force?
If so that's surprising seeing according to the previous posts thats one of MAGs that was stated that damage affected by character's S-ATK :-o

That whole post kind of through me off lol
Makes me wonder if I should make Corvus over Cepheus seeing that it seems to be the only Ranger attack based MAG....
Hope someone can give more insight on that on what the JPs are saying on that....

Spellbinder
Jul 14, 2012, 07:24 PM

Not sure what you're doing with the simulator, but I've had mags changes before 100 using it.

Was you force?
If so that's surprising seeing according to the previous posts thats one of MAGs that was stated that damage affected by character's S-ATK :-o

Makes me wonder if I should make Corvus over Cepheus seeing that it seems to be the only Ranger attack based MAG....
Hope someone can give more insight on that on what the JPs are saying on that....

I'm looking through, and all I really see besides people discussing how to raise their mags is how disappointed they are in so many of them being dependent on the Striking stat.

Also. I touched on it earlier, but there's a method to skipping evolutions before 100 when raising certain mags. Not sure which mags aside from Apus will benefit from doing it though.

Risuo
Jul 14, 2012, 07:26 PM
Oh oh oh, do you still have HP J? Did it change by itself? Did you delete it?

Yeah, I still have HP J and A, and when it became Apus finally I got Invincibility A. Dunno what else to add, if any at all @_@

IndigoNovember
Jul 14, 2012, 07:28 PM
That simulator is wrong then. You can change between brands without restrictions between levels 30~95. I've seen a couple mags do it myself.

The simulator is not wrong. I've been able to get things to switch with no problem. Perhaps he was trying to switch Leo to Cygnus which would not work...

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 14, 2012, 08:06 PM
I'm looking through, and all I really see besides people discussing how to raise their mags is how disappointed they are in so many of them being dependent on the Striking stat.

Also. I touched on it earlier, but there's a method to skipping evolutions before 100 when raising certain mags. Not sure which mags aside from Apus will benefit from doing it though.

Thanks for the heads up.

"If" I can....Imma switch to corvus..

Currently I have Fornax...believe it's 34. Idk the stats off the top of my head but all I feed him was Range Weapons....

Would I be able to change it to corvus? Or would that mess stuff up at this point?

Spellbinder
Jul 14, 2012, 08:15 PM
Shouldn't be a problem making it into a Corvus, just needs more ability to turn into Antlia first.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 14, 2012, 09:04 PM
Shouldn't be a problem making it into a Corvus, just needs more ability to turn into Antlia first.
Gotcha. Thanks :)

Edit: Scratch that... popped on.
I'm 29 Range Attack
9 Ability

So I can turn Fornax into Antila at 60 I believe...
29 Range Attack
31 Ability

Now....from there what's recommend for Corvus? (To get it at 100)
This might be a tad difficult since they 2 levels behind each others ><

Edit 2: Well after toying with it...As long as the mag gets turned unto Antila before or on 95 right?

Well....from my Current set up.
Range: 29
Ability: 9

I could continue what I was doing(feeding only feed range weapon) until Range hits 47.
Then focus on Ability until 48.

Range: 47
Ability: 48

This should give me Antila correct?

Then I can just Ranger to 100.
Which should give me Corvus....

Or atleast I hope I got that right

holmwood
Jul 14, 2012, 10:22 PM
I could continue what I was doing(feeding only feed range weapon) until Range hits 47.
Then focus on Ability until 48.

Range: 47
Ability: 48

This should give me Antila correct?

Then I can just Ranger to 100.
Which should give me Corvus....

Or atleast I hope I got that right

That should work. :)

Also try using the mag simulator if you're not 100% confident; it's quite good from my experience.

elken1996
Jul 15, 2012, 12:12 AM
Was you force?

Not sure with what stat raise PB damage,but it sure did alot of damages but the hit rate are like 20% if Carina's PB is simply used.On Hard Mode ragne it does like 200 dmg per hit.

Stegodon
Jul 15, 2012, 04:11 AM
Am I the only loser who thought Mags would level to 200??? Cause mine just maxed at 150.... :-(

Rowe
Jul 15, 2012, 04:15 AM
Hm. For some reason, I thought my Caelum was going to get the invincibility on PB max trigger, but instead I got the PP restore when entering a new area one. So, uh, what is actually the point of the one that I have? :( PP recovers so quickly, and I can't really think of an instance where I'd need my PP bar to be immediately refilled when going to, say, Forest 2. Am I misunderstanding how this works? I've never actually seen it activate.

Darki
Jul 15, 2012, 09:47 AM
The simulator is not wrong. I've been able to get things to switch with no problem. Perhaps he was trying to switch Leo to Cygnus which would not work...

Ok. But if I remember well they were talking about switching 1st evolution types, which is entirely possible, and someone said the simulator didn't allow it. Which would make it wrong.

<_<

JeyKama
Jul 15, 2012, 10:30 AM
Don't know where to add this, but... Food Devices scale pretty badly. Whereas at level 0 of a stat one device would give it ~8 levels, at level 50 it gives roughly 40% of one level. Definitely not worth the going shop prices :<

KrankItVZ
Jul 15, 2012, 12:20 PM
Wait wait wait. Did I just read that Lyra and Delphinus - strikes the enemy and knocks it up.? LOLOLOL

sircusa
Jul 15, 2012, 12:36 PM
Hm. For some reason, I thought my Caelum was going to get the invincibility on PB max trigger, but instead I got the PP restore when entering a new area one. So, uh, what is actually the point of the one that I have? :( PP recovers so quickly, and I can't really think of an instance where I'd need my PP bar to be immediately refilled when going to, say, Forest 2. Am I misunderstanding how this works? I've never actually seen it activate.

Caelum has PP restore on area change. It isn't guaranteed but regardless, that is clearly lackluster. The invincibility on PB bar fill is on the pure stat mags. Alwell, you'll just have to find it in the auction house, I'm sure the ability you're looking for is being sold.
支援デバイス/無敵A

PannaCotta
Jul 15, 2012, 12:44 PM
Anyone have any information about Invisibility support skill? Does it have any restriction? My MAG uses this skill once in a mission and never use it again although I have used PB and refilled the guage again :(

IndigoNovember
Jul 15, 2012, 12:53 PM
Wait wait wait. Did I just read that Lyra and Delphinus - strikes the enemy and knocks it up.? LOLOLOL

Add Leo to the list as well. It sucks cause it totally messes with your flow as a Hunter.

NekoXiu
Jul 16, 2012, 07:34 AM
is cygnus PB better than Tucana's? They both do imera and hitting aoe enemies, just wondering which one would be better.

RocSage
Jul 16, 2012, 07:48 AM
>.>
Yay, 150 reached

[spoiler-box]
http://crushing-utopia.com/PSO2/MAGs.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

Rowe
Jul 16, 2012, 10:50 AM
I don't understand about the PP-up trigger action, since I've never even seen it occur. Does it just up your PP back to ~100 if you happened to be only partially full at area change, or does it actually increase your max PP or the rate of recovery, which would at least have some function?

EDIT: Found it in the Banjo mag guide. At least it's a regen buff, which is kinda useful to me since I use PAs like crazy. I'd still like to see it activate a bit more though...

holmwood
Jul 16, 2012, 05:41 PM
I don't understand about the PP-up trigger action, since I've never even seen it occur. Does it just up your PP back to ~100 if you happened to be only partially full at area change, or does it actually increase your max PP or the rate of recovery, which would at least have some function?

EDIT: Found it in the Banjo mag guide. At least it's a regen buff, which is kinda useful to me since I use PAs like crazy. I'd still like to see it activate a bit more though...

Those regen trigger actions are seldom useful due to low activation... XD

The buff increases your regular pp regen rate (pp restore/sec) dramatically.

scrangos
Jul 16, 2012, 05:51 PM
Any idea if the trigger actions stack? Like multiple pp restore, or multiple stat buffs?

On a side note.. how long does the stat buff last, whats the magnitude and does it stack with force shifta?

Im thinking of going for pp restore j + pp restore h on a cygnus for a hunter. either strike + abil or strike ratk abil (for gunslash). can do some interesting hybrid builds to get just about every combination of skills.

IndigoNovember
Jul 16, 2012, 05:55 PM
Any idea if the trigger actions stack? Like multiple pp restore, or multiple stat buffs?

On a side note.. how long does the stat buff last, whats the magnitude and does it stack with force shifta?

Im thinking of going for pp restore j + pp restore h on a cygnus for a hunter. either strike + abil or strike ratk abil (for gunslash). can do some interesting hybrid builds to get just about every combination of skills.

I know HP Restore A "stacks" (each one has their own cooldown), so I'd assume the rest do as well.

scrangos
Jul 16, 2012, 05:58 PM
Ah, quite interesting.. specially for stacking buffs hmm...

I typed that wrong, instead of pp restore H i was thinking of stat buff H (from libra, then swap to cygnus) with pp restore j from lepus.

Could very well go stat buff j from fornax and stat buff H from libra for some heavy stacked buffs on emergency codes.

NekoXiu
Jul 16, 2012, 07:37 PM
What exactly is considered "zone/area changing" ? Is it when I walk through a teleporter from stage 1 to stage 2 or when I go from C-3 to C-4 on the same stage? Because the latter is a lot more useful than the primer since most maps only have 2-4 stages. (things with the letter B).

And if stacking works, if I have two invincibility A, i have invincibility for 20 sec when PB gauge fills?

Hucast-Kireek
Jul 16, 2012, 08:58 PM
What happens if you for example need ability as dominant and you have strike as secondary.

What happens if you have 50 ability and 50 striking? can it work? can you make a 50/50 Mag and make the game think one stat is dominant to give you a certain Mag?

NekoXiu
Jul 16, 2012, 09:21 PM
What happens if you for example need ability as dominant and you have strike as secondary.

What happens if you have 50 ability and 50 striking? can it work? can you make a 50/50 Mag and make the game think one stat is dominant to give you a certain Mag?

Nothing changes, according to the mag simulator: http://file.pso2pso2.syoyu.net/pso2maguEnglish

if at lvl 100, two stats are equal, like your 50/50, the mag doesn't level. It'll wait til the next 5th level (105) to level. It basically won't evolve until theres an unequal amt, it'll stay as whatever it is, Lyra or Antila.

Hucast-Kireek
Jul 16, 2012, 10:56 PM
Nothing changes, according to the mag simulator: http://file.pso2pso2.syoyu.net/pso2maguEnglish

if at lvl 100, two stats are equal, like your 50/50, the mag doesn't level. It'll wait til the next 5th level (105) to level. It basically won't evolve until theres an unequal amt, it'll stay as whatever it is, Lyra or Antila.

cool thx

moeri
Jul 17, 2012, 05:35 PM
Been trying to figure this out...

at lvl 105 my mag is 0/0/38/50/2/1/14

and it did not evolve into Carina, now orion due to the one ranged defense I had at lvl 100

gigawuts
Jul 17, 2012, 06:14 PM
cool thx

I don't know how accurate that mag calculator is. I'm testing this personally, only around 25 levels to go. I'll be doing a 50/50 ability type, trying to become a leo.

On the same mag I'll also test deleting the mag-specific trigger action and see what happens. I really don't care about my mag using sol atomizers on me.

holmwood
Jul 17, 2012, 06:40 PM
Been trying to figure this out...

at lvl 105 my mag is 0/0/38/50/2/1/14

and it did not evolve into Carina, now orion due to the one ranged defense I had at lvl 100

50 Ability + 2 Strike (52) = 38 Tech Atk + 14 Tech Def (52)

You have to have Ability + Strike exceed Tech for it to be Carina. As of now, your mag is utterly confused and can not evolve.

moeri
Jul 17, 2012, 07:44 PM
50 Ability + 2 Strike (52) = 38 Tech Atk + 14 Tech Def (52)

You have to have Ability + Strike exceed Tech for it to be Carina. As of now, your mag is utterly confused and can not evolve.

wow i can't add today...was doing 38 + 14 = 50

GameGeekRob
Jul 17, 2012, 08:07 PM
So from what I'm reading it looks like Corvus is by far the best Ranger Mag?

Since you can get 102 R-Atk 48 Ability, and his PB is the only one that scales with R-Atk?

Also how often to Mags auto attack, and what stat does it scale off of?

I'm wondering this same thing.

I'm hoping there is more info on Corvus, soon.

Also, does a mag continue to try and evolve after Lv 100? Could my Corvus accidentally turn into a Cepheus?

I really wanted a Caelum mag, but it seems like he's not worth it, if his PB is based on Striking. That really is weird... Hopefully Sega decides to change this.

holmwood
Jul 17, 2012, 08:18 PM
I'm wondering this same thing.

I'm hoping there is more info on Corvus, soon.

Also, does a mag continue to try and evolve after Lv 100? Could my Corvus accidentally turn into a Cepheus?

I really wanted a Caelum mag, but it seems like he's not worth it, if his PB is based on Striking. That really is weird... Hopefully Sega decides to change this.

It can only evolve in it's own tree after level 95. Thus, your Corvus can only evolve to either Crux, Leo, or Apus from that point on.

GameGeekRob
Jul 17, 2012, 08:21 PM
It can only evolve in it's own tree after level 95. Thus, your Corvus can only evolve to either Crux, Leo, or Apus from that point on.

Oh, ok! Thanks for that.

NekoXiu
Jul 18, 2012, 12:43 AM
Can someone tell me more about ability stacking? Someone has confirmed that Restore A can stack but how bout something like Invincinbility A? If I have two, will that be 20 seconds of invincibility? And if I have two trigger actions that are different and happen when PB gauge is full, do they both trigger or does only the one with more priority trigger? (Say PP restore and Invincibility when PB gauge full)

Zipzo
Jul 18, 2012, 05:50 PM
[spoiler-box]http://i514.photobucket.com/albums/t342/GenerationMichaeru/MAG.png[/spoiler-box]

Okay so my mag is kinda jacked up too, but I want cygnus...

As you can see I went with ability for it's 2nd form. So am I assed out? or can I still change it to striking then still get cygnus?

In other words if I went dominant striking and nothing else would it turn into striking... then I add something else like range or something and it turns into cygnus at 110? or would I just have whatever 3rd form mag by then...?
Wait...so did your mag not evolve at 100 because the two stats were equal at 100?

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 18, 2012, 08:36 PM
Wait...so did your mag not evolve at 100 because the two stats were equal at 100?
If no MAG requirement was met at 100 it'll stay w/e Mag it was b4 until ever 5 levels then it'll check to see if a requirement was met...

However once 100 it can't cross branches....so if it's a Striking Mag (w/e the level 30 is)

You can only get Mags within the Striking branch from there on....

Or atleast that's what I grasped from the thread

scrangos
Jul 18, 2012, 10:06 PM
Seems like your mag is still at lv30 tier I think it can jump straight to Cygnus when it hits lv105 provided you have the right stats.

Edit: Actually, im not quite sure now.. the stat req for cygnus might fill other stat reqs on other mags.. like since the way to get cygnus has ability as the highest, you might get crux... Safest way might be to make striking the highest to get dolphinus then change to cygnus at 110. But that would make the mag learn the dolphinus skill instead of the cygnus one (invincibility instead of stat buff).

Edit 2: Ugh that picture problem was from 15 days ago.

Saffran
Jul 19, 2012, 11:15 AM
I've noticed Crux is somewhat of a special one.
It has Julius Proi (aka first of north star/Asura's wrath) but its regular attack is Foi.
Would it be better to start raising tech or strike? I'm guessing strike, but what are your thoughts?

I'd be interested in the diet. Raising ability is always so nice, since I get so many discs, but what about the tech? I rarely come across tech weapons... Would that change if I changed class?

Saffran
Jul 19, 2012, 02:00 PM
Photon blast is based on MY stats ? You mean with all my atk power, my mag still hits for only 40 dmg ??? Surely that can't be ?
I thought that was because it had 0 in strike...

Also I see that I have the Photon Blast at lv1. (max 1)
I will try to fish out infos on that...

Asuni
Jul 19, 2012, 07:17 PM
I really want the Apusu mag but since I'm a hunter I can't really use it because it has to have Tech stuff highest... T_T

NekoXiu
Jul 19, 2012, 07:52 PM
Photon blast is based on MY stats ? You mean with all my atk power, my mag still hits for only 40 dmg ??? Surely that can't be ?
I thought that was because it had 0 in strike...

Also I see that I have the Photon Blast at lv1. (max 1)
I will try to fish out infos on that...

I highly doubt your photon blast only hits 40 damage, even if youre not a hunter. You're probably thinking of auto action such as the mag punching something or shooting something for 40 damage. But from what people said in this thread, most mag PB are based on S-atk. But even if youre not a hunter, you still have quite a bit of s-atk to have decent damage.

Stegodon
Jul 19, 2012, 11:50 PM
I highly doubt your photon blast only hits 40 damage, even if youre not a hunter. You're probably thinking of auto action such as the mag punching something or shooting something for 40 damage. But from what people said in this thread, most mag PB are based on S-atk. But even if youre not a hunter, you still have quite a bit of s-atk to have decent damage.

Ya i have a level 150 Delphinus, 150 Apus, 150 Leo, 120 Carina, and 95 Antila and they ALL hit for at least 500+ most 1000+, Rather when playing my hunter or my Cast.

Photon blasts are only capable of being level 1 they dont advance any further.. For now at least.

Kondibon
Jul 20, 2012, 12:15 AM
You have Crux right? So it's 40 damage per hit? Mine did that to, the thing hits like 20 times though. Other PBs simply don't hit as many times so they do more damage to balance out.

I still think Ability Mags got the short end of the stick in terms of damage, but Julius Nifta has a lot of utility since it sucks enemies in, making them ripe for AoEing.

Stegodon
Jul 20, 2012, 02:27 AM
You have Crux right? So it's 40 damage per hit? Mine did that to, the thing hits like 20 times though. Other PBs simply don't hit as many times so they do more damage to balance out.

I still think Ability Mags got the short end of the stick in terms of damage, but Julius Nifta has a lot of utility since it sucks enemies in, making them ripe for AoEing.

Id have to agree, the other ability mags are kinda gimped.... but Julius is amazing... Sucks enemies to a location... Hits em all for 700+ damage a couple times, and allows for some amazing Aoe damage during the process. Not sure Why, But my Apus with Julius photon gets a blast almost every 10 min its rediculous, When running multiparty's i can blast almost 3 times before anyone else gets their first.

scrangos
Jul 20, 2012, 05:34 AM
I've been unable to find concrete info on carina's melee attack searching through the forum. Does it have any properties? (like knockdown, knockup).

Also, does the knockdown of Lyra/Tucana/Leo mess with hunter combos? I hear bad things about the knockup on Delphinus but nothing concrete on the knockdown.

Spellbinder
Jul 20, 2012, 05:36 AM
I can tell you about Carina. It just floats over to an enemy and bops it on the head. No elements, no knock down or anything. *boop* and that's it. :P

scrangos
Jul 20, 2012, 06:28 AM
I can tell you about Carina. It just floats over to an enemy and bops it on the head. No elements, no knock down or anything. *boop* and that's it. :P

Lol, thanks for the info :)