PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Ok, important. About possiblity of re-making on a new SHIP.

Ranmaru
Jul 4, 2012, 02:06 PM
We all know that Ship 2 has become PACKED.

Some think it might cool down.

Some don't.

Currently my guild is around 30+ members, and I'm trying to decide with them if we should move or not.

I have decided to wait a bit to get more input and see, if the servers die down a bit. I am fine with re-making my character. I'm level 17, but to make the experience better for my guild, me, and the community, I'm cool with it. Friends/Guild/Community > Level and time invested in game. xD (in my opinion)

NOW.

What I want to know, is are YOU guys ok with moving to a new ship? I know some of my guild members just moved with their friends, and prolly don't want to do the same again. I don't want to leave people, especially some of my friends that are either in other guilds or just met.

Please discuss. Also please suggest ships to move to etc etc, and any important points you feel should be brought up.

eharima
Jul 4, 2012, 02:08 PM
I dont mind if you go.

Ranmaru
Jul 4, 2012, 02:10 PM
I want to know how you guys (of ship 2) feel about moving, not just us. :P

would you want to move? Or would you rather stay? Etc etc.

Are you ok with re-making an account? Would you be committed? Etc.

Zyrusticae
Jul 4, 2012, 02:12 PM
Not moving.

Launch is always packed. The issue is whether or not there will be any players left on the other ships a few months past launch.

trentjosh
Jul 4, 2012, 02:13 PM
I want to know how you guys (of ship 2) feel about moving, not just us. :P

would you want to move? Or would you rather stay? Etc etc.

Are you ok with re-making an account? Would you be committed? Etc.

i feel if we decided to split to another ship now its only going to further split the english community the same as when people didnt feel like waiting so they made characters on ship 10 it will die down waiting out seems to be the best bet for keeping the most english speakers together

Blackheart521
Jul 4, 2012, 02:14 PM
with all due respect... my answer to this a straight hell naw, I put too much work into my character to lose him now... I couldn't remake him on another server, just wouldn't be an option for me ^^

Vylera
Jul 4, 2012, 02:16 PM
I don't see a need to move.

I log in just fine any time of the day.

Xaeris
Jul 4, 2012, 02:17 PM
That's just not going to happen. I may roll a second character on another ship, but that's the extent of my moving plans. It's not practical to make plans around the population of launch day. If the situation is the same after a month, we can talk, but as it is, everything is as expected.

Hayde
Jul 4, 2012, 02:18 PM
Generally speaking, the Japanese servers are much more quiet during NA peak times (6PM CST, 7PM EST, etc.) and the servers are always jammed in the mornings--this has been my experience with older PSO games, FFXI, and FFXIV.

I'm not that high level compared to others on here, but I don't really have any intentions to re-roll

Hentai_Kittie
Jul 4, 2012, 02:20 PM
To tell the truth, i kinda allways thought it wasn't a good idea to be on ship 2. On every F2P mmo i've played everyone always uses the first 4 servers/ rooms/ channels. It's PSO2... it's not getting any better especially after fall, it's only going to get worse as the new players roll in and in. I'd suggest relocating....

ashley50
Jul 4, 2012, 02:21 PM
You can move, we'll stay here.

Ezodagrom
Jul 4, 2012, 02:26 PM
When the open beta started, it wasn't possible to create characters in ship 2, the servers were laggy, but in the end the lag issues were fixed and things quieted down.
Earlier today ship 2 was full, most likely for a few days during Japan's prime time it will be full, but things will quiet down again.
Also, depending on what happens, SEGA may adjust the number of premium blocks, there's the possibility they could reduce the number of premium blocks to increase the number of free blocks.

IndigoNovember
Jul 4, 2012, 02:26 PM
Isn't it better that it's full? That way there's a higher chance of running into people in Multi-Party areas which leads to more Emergency Codes and PSE Bursts. There are also more My Shops to buy from.

KitsyLove
Jul 4, 2012, 02:27 PM
Hmm, I'll only move if this problem really going to persist for a long time. If I can't play for about a week or more, I'll slowly get fed up, yeah. x'D Having to make a new account, well, if it can't be helped. I'd suggest in one of the ships 6 - 10.

It seems that Sega turning the order of the ships upside down didn't really make a difference (or at least, the order is upside down in my screen o-o ) as most people are still in the ships 1 - 5.

Isn't it better that it's full? That way there's a higher chance of running into people in Multi-Party areas which leads to more Emergency Codes and PSE Bursts. There are also more My Shops to buy from.

If it's full, it means not everyone will be able to log into the game on ship 2 so we can't play.

Gardios
Jul 4, 2012, 02:31 PM
I'll stay. I'm not playing during Japanese prime time so I have no reason to.

ScottyMango
Jul 4, 2012, 02:33 PM
Guys, haven't you been on in the past few hours? The 'everywhere is full' problem is already going away. My friend and I got into the same block on ship 2 with almost no problem, and by time we got offline every block had a decent amount of free space.

Not too sure about how it is right now, but I don't see this being a serious problem.

pikachief
Jul 4, 2012, 02:34 PM
I'll stay. I'm not playing during Japanese prime time so I have no reason to.

yea every block except block 20 is pretty much open right now. And probably will be for the next seven hours or so. I think we'll be fine on Ship 2 as long as we're not playing long after the sun is down.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 4, 2012, 02:43 PM
I only have 95 hours logged in PSO2 so far. Granted, alot of that is dancing... but I'm proud of that. Sure, It's not as high as others, but I do love seeing how much time I've wasted when I click my character.

I'm not giving up that time just to go to another Ship.

IndigoNovember
Jul 4, 2012, 02:43 PM
If it's full, it means not everyone will be able to log into the game on ship 2 so we can't play.

Even if there are a lot of players on Ship 2, it doesn't mean it's impossible to log in. It's not that hard to play when the Japanese are not playing. Our community is pretty small, so I don't think us and some Japanese players playing at odd times will be able to fill up all of Ship 2's login slots.

Ogni-XR21
Jul 4, 2012, 02:47 PM
Moving is not an option for me. By the time I'm usually home from work it's midnight in Japan so the servers are not that busy any more.

As for US players, they play during an even later time of the Japanese day.

The only thing I would like to see is keeping block 20 clear and move 10 blocks further to 30, but as most people are kind of ignorant to the new server structure I don't really see that happening....

Crimera
Jul 4, 2012, 03:05 PM
Moving is not an option for me. By the time I'm usually home from work it's midnight in Japan so the servers are not that busy any more.

As for US players, they play during an even later time of the Japanese day.

The only thing I would like to see is keeping block 20 clear and move 10 blocks further to 30, but as most people are kind of ignorant to the new server structure I don't really see that happening....

It already has...30~33 from what I hear. 30 is what I was on, as well as many many others..

yea, I'm not moving from ship 2

KoC
Jul 4, 2012, 03:15 PM
Give it a week (maybe even less). This is what I call "releasing the built-up hype phase". Not as many people will continue playing as the days go by. This morning I had a really hard time logging into ship 2. This afternoon, I had no issues at all.

LatinWolf
Jul 4, 2012, 03:24 PM
ah ship 2, packed again...

Deviruki
Jul 4, 2012, 03:28 PM
with all due respect... my answer to this a straight hell naw, I put too much work into my character to lose him now... I couldn't remake him on another server, just wouldn't be an option for me ^^

This. Sorry, I'm fine with Ship 2.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 4, 2012, 03:34 PM
Too complicated to move and since I only play with ~3 other people anyway we just move to a different block where no one is....

Seeing that your is much much bigger I say just wait out or just play on block that no one(or lil) people are one....

If you're playing with your guild mostly....it shouldnt really matter nor be important to play on block 20.....you're playing with each other :P

Crevox
Jul 4, 2012, 03:37 PM
Not moving

DreXxiN
Jul 4, 2012, 03:52 PM
Not moving. Sorry :V

Ranmaru
Jul 4, 2012, 03:56 PM
Yeah we are considering on waiting.

Seeing as how the server died down, I hope for the best. : P

TheBlackMage
Jul 4, 2012, 03:58 PM
Not moving as well, I've only seen the ship jam-packed full once and that's because of launch + prime time. There's a nice healthy community here and ship 2 seems to have the biggest amount of English speaking players out of all the ships. I'm sure things will cool down soon after all this launch excitement.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 4, 2012, 04:07 PM
Not moving as well, I've only seen the ship jam-packed full once and that's because of launch + prime time. There's a nice healthy community here and ship 2 seems to have the biggest amount of English speaking players out of all the ships. I'm sure things will cool down soon after all this launch excitement.
TheBlackMage I demand you make me a sig lol

Ranmo
Jul 4, 2012, 04:07 PM
I don't even see why people want to move. Its a launch of a FTP title. A big chunk of people arent even gona play after the first month. Plus being on a popular ship has perks. Namely the player shops...

Zero_Virus_X
Jul 4, 2012, 04:12 PM
Hmm, I'll only move if this problem really going to persist for a long time. If I can't play for about a week or more, I'll slowly get fed up, yeah. x'D Having to make a new account, well, if it can't be helped. I'd suggest in one of the ships 6 - 10.

It seems that Sega turning the order of the ships upside down didn't really make a difference (or at least, the order is upside down in my screen o-o ) as most people are still in the ships 1 - 5.

The ships were turned upside down to get new Japanese players to pick the ships on the top, it's a long term measure. I could see them re-ranging servers every 2 months or so now.

Ce'Nedra
Jul 4, 2012, 04:14 PM
Just wait and hope sega will announch to transfer chars between ships at cost of AC then you will never have any issue anymore

TheBlackMage
Jul 4, 2012, 05:05 PM
TheBlackMage I demand you make me a sig lol

lol, if you looked under my sig you can see that it has been made for me by MissMalice, try asking her. :P

Kanore
Jul 4, 2012, 05:09 PM
i already moved from 9

lmao if there's ever a worldwide release the lack of being able to move ships is going to destroy the PSO community

MelancholyWitch
Jul 4, 2012, 05:30 PM
yeah we really shouldn't split the community any further... not a very wise idea, the ships congestion will get better I'm sure of it, I for one have honestly had no problem what so ever logging in and getting into block 20, and I log in random times throughout the day, not just at a specific time. Not sure why everyone is so concerned with space issues... the game was just released, servers are going to be a bit packed, I wouldn't worry until you saw something like mandatory transferring of characters from ships, but I'd doubt that would happen.

Point is we all agreed on Ship 02, block 20 in the poll a while back, and I think we should stick with that.

mctastee
Jul 4, 2012, 06:32 PM
I am not fond of the idea of moving. The way I see it is that I was here first, why I should have to move. Also, I haven't had any issues with lag either, in fact I haven't had any technical problems since I started playing.

Jikap
Jul 4, 2012, 06:39 PM
To be honest, while I'm all for staying on ship 2, i do think we should find another block to stay at. Block 20 has recently turned into a suggested block for lvl 30-40, and the following congestion makes it rather unusable as a gathering point for the English community... We'll be competing with the japanese lvl 30-40 players for the block spots, and fewer of us foreigners will be able to enter in each block.

... I've started to use block 30. ;>_>

SolRiver
Jul 4, 2012, 07:20 PM
There is NOT A SINGLE online RPG that I know that isn't packed on the first day of launch.

sugarFO
Jul 4, 2012, 07:22 PM

Same. This chick is staying on Ship 2!

Leyline
Jul 4, 2012, 07:27 PM
I re-made from ship 2 to ship 7, no regrets. Was putting it off for the same reason "too much effort into a character", but seriously the game hasn't been out that long.

Ship 2 was full of too many idiots and way too laggy. Peak hours ship 7 is full, but not people breaking ship spamming block change full because they have to be in the "main block to spam lobby dances", and then off peak it's nice and quiet.

Powder Keg
Jul 4, 2012, 07:35 PM
Keeping characters to one ship was such a great idea!!!!!!!!

Jungo Torii
Jul 4, 2012, 07:49 PM
I have absolutely no plans to jump Ship (hurhur) from Ship 2 to another. I've already met so many people that I don't want to just ditch because of how packed Ship 2 was on freaking launch day.

Shadownami92
Jul 4, 2012, 08:10 PM
I've had no problems really on Ship 2. If it gets too annoying or laggy just change blocks. I was playing on Blocks 23-25 earlier and everything was fine. And nobody was spamming in the lobby.

Akaba
Jul 6, 2012, 06:25 AM
I re-made from ship 2 to ship 7, no regrets. Was putting it off for the same reason "too much effort into a character", but seriously the game hasn't been out that long.

Ship 2 was full of too many idiots and way too laggy. Peak hours ship 7 is full, but not people breaking ship spamming block change full because they have to be in the "main block to spam lobby dances", and then off peak it's nice and quiet.

If you're on ship 7, I'll try to find you as I cannot create a character on ship 2. Which block will you be in? My avatar's name will be Captain Ash.

futamieriko
Jul 6, 2012, 06:35 AM
Don't really have any problems with Ship 2. The high population is good for grinding and since there don't seem to be any lag issues, there isn't much a ship transfer can do that a block change can't.

JM3000
Jul 6, 2012, 09:48 AM
Guys on what ship are you :/ ?
I just fixed the Forever Loading problem and as we know we cant make chars on ship 2 :/
So on what Ship are u going?

Rizen
Jul 6, 2012, 09:54 AM
Ship 2 will be better for those who are actually planning on sticking around for a while. If there is a US release, majority of players will abandon the JP players leaving a gap in the community. Importers from PSU are already familiar with playing with JP players, so they will need a community to play with that is active.

It's hard to say though, because basically everything that has been said about both ships are pretty much becoming invalid since SEGA is now enforcing populating other ships, so in good time all ships will be about the same.

Snitch
Jul 6, 2012, 09:58 AM
Ship 02 for me, im staying. ..

Aszutai
Jul 6, 2012, 02:27 PM
Staying on Ship 02 for now, though situation might change. Btw, I think ship 2 and ship 10 are the gathering place for us english players right now?