PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Have you bumped into hackers today?

Garnet_Moon
Jul 5, 2012, 12:58 AM
I have. This dude was firing 100s of rockets in the span of a minute, and dashing without recovering. He claims to be broomop, and said if he's banned he's got a few hardware IDS he "stole" and will spoof as them to take down other players who seem to be white knighting his antics.

Is this because of GameGuard, or is there something else at work here? And I've got a 30 meg clip of this in action, but I have no idea how to report it in a way that won't simply be ignored by SEGA customer support.

Kanore
Jul 5, 2012, 01:00 AM
the legacy of broomop, the eternal PSO manchild script kiddie, lives on

Garnet_Moon
Jul 5, 2012, 01:01 AM
Is it even worth it to try to mess with SEGA for reporting hackers if they can just make a new ID? Is GameGuard just THAT bad that these alleged CBT hacks are still working today?

gigawuts
Jul 5, 2012, 01:03 AM
I actually got a random convo from some guy asking if I knew anything about cheat engine. It was a bit bizarre, I have no idea why he'd pick me out of the crowd unless he was just messaging everyone. I never even had an action replay, nevermind cheating programs on PC.

BahnKnakyu
Jul 5, 2012, 01:07 AM
Is it even worth it to try to mess with SEGA for reporting hackers if they can just make a new ID? Is GameGuard just THAT bad that these alleged CBT hacks are still working today?

It is.

Anyone with even a small amount of knowledge can easily bypass it.

Them re-using gameguard for an arguably Japanese flagship title is a pretty dumb decision, but I get a feeling they probably deluded themselves into thinking GameGuard is safe.

SolarSamurai
Jul 5, 2012, 01:17 AM
I have. This dude was firing 100s of rockets in the span of a minute, and dashing without recovering. He claims to be broomop, and said if he's banned he's got a few hardware IDS he "stole" and will spoof as them to take down other players who seem to be white knighting his antics.

Is this because of GameGuard, or is there something else at work here? And I've got a 30 meg clip of this in action, but I have no idea how to report it in a way that won't simply be ignored by SEGA customer support.

I guess he won't have any White Knights to worry about, unless another hacker comes along and hacks back at him. Looks like a job for Helba.

Kanore
Jul 5, 2012, 01:30 AM
broomop was literally 'hacking' pso 10 years ago. literally.

i'm literally not kidding when i call him a manchild

even his buddy, the namesake of that one last PSO server we all know about, vanished into thin air a few years ago because he realized he was spending way too much time finding ways to exploit code for a series that had died with PSU (at that time).

gotta love the manchild's dedication tho

DemonMike
Jul 5, 2012, 01:40 AM
Recently saw a video of Broomop using god mode. Hackers gonna hack, so I'm not bothered considering they practically invited him using such obsolete security.

Polly
Jul 5, 2012, 01:40 AM
Recently saw a video of Broomop using god mode. Hackers gonna hack, so I'm not bothered considering they practically invited him using such obsolete security.

That's about the easiest thing to hack in any game and usually only requires 20 seconds of work and 3 brain cells of power. TRUE ELITE HAXR that kid is.

I met a wannabe cheater in the lobby once and just started giving him all sorts of nonsense bs answers about bypassing Game Guard and the like. (A lot of it involved harming his Windows install.) I do hope some of it worked.

DemonMike
Jul 5, 2012, 01:46 AM
That's about the easiest thing to hack in any game and usually only requires 20 seconds of work and 3 brain cells of power. TRUE ELITE HAXR that kid is.

Doesn't matter how easy it is, the fact that it has happened is what matters.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 5, 2012, 01:49 AM
So how bad is this stuff going to get? As bad as PSU? As bad as PSO? Any predictions?

This is especially going to make it that much worse if there is a NA release and it has its own servers. Especially if the updates to patch this kind of stuff are months behind. Could be a deal breaker for the game.

Polly
Jul 5, 2012, 01:53 AM
So how bad is this stuff going to get? As bad as PSU? As bad as PSO? Any predictions?

This is especially going to make it that much worse if there is a NA release and it has its own servers. Especially if the updates to patch this kind of stuff are months behind. Could be a deal breaker for the game.

Bottom line is that they're still using Game Guard. If the US/EU version of the game (assuming it exists) uses it as well, and we have no reason to believe it won't, I'd say to look for pretty much all the same issues that plagued PSO and PSU. Sega of America's patching work comes from Sega of Japan who are usually more hard at work on maintaining the "main" version of the game. In all honesty, it's not looking good simply due to Sega's track record.

SolarSamurai
Jul 5, 2012, 01:54 AM

If the English hackers keep it up, there will be absolutely no chance of an international release.

BahnKnakyu
Jul 5, 2012, 01:57 AM

I wouldn't care as long as he's keeping it to himself, but the multiparty system forces me to go into games with that dick.

That's a big problem right there.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 5, 2012, 02:04 AM
I wouldn't care as long as he's keeping it to himself, but the multiparty system forces me to go into games with that dick.

That's a big problem right there.
Yeah I bumped into him in a multi-party area myself. I felt so bad I just exited the game entirely, but couldn't sleep with all the fire works still going on, so I logged back in. lol

Squall179
Jul 5, 2012, 02:05 AM
....THis guy plays Champions Online, as well. I've run into him, we talked for a while. He is....interesting, in the way that someone like him could be, to someone who has very little feeling either way toward his antics could be. An Interesting relic of a bygone age.

We discussed the old PSO for a while during that time, I got some tips on how to make a HUmar costume for my character a bit more like the official designs in the form of some tweaks to proportions. made use of them and it turned out pretty well. I'm surprised he is here though, he didn't seem to show much interest in PSO anymore, from our chatter.

ZIE creations
Jul 5, 2012, 02:08 AM
Plays a game to cheat so they don't actually have to play... interesting... hope he burns in hell ^.^

Tessu
Jul 5, 2012, 02:14 AM
Oh, consarn it. I hadn't run into cheaters on PSU (never played older PSO-s in their prime, too much of a youngin), so I am not prepared for the potential ramifications of having a community of cheaty hacker mccheatbutts. :disapprove:

SolarSamurai
Jul 5, 2012, 02:18 AM
Oh, consarn it. I hadn't run into cheaters on PSU (never played older PSO-s in their prime, too much of a youngin), so I am not prepared for the potential ramifications of having a community of cheaty hacker mccheatbutts. :disapprove:

Then you should stay far away from PSP2 US/EU, everyone on there is a hacker now(Or so it seems, and probably helped contribute to why infinity was never released outside Japan). But that's another story. I think that online hacking in mmo's and such can have terrible effects on the community. And knowing broomop, he is a ticking time bomb waiting to drop the moon on pso2.

You have met a terrible fate haven't you...?

Polly
Jul 5, 2012, 02:20 AM
Plays a game to cheat so they don't actually have to play... interesting... hope he burns in hell ^.^

It's less about cheating so they don't have to play and more about "LOOK WHAT I CAN DO EVERYBODY" and the reaction of people who, in most cases, claim to be against hacking, but can't help lavish them with the attention they're trying to get.

Tessu
Jul 5, 2012, 02:27 AM
Then you should stay far away from PSP2 US/EU, everyone on there is a hacker now(Or so it seems, and probably helped contribute to why infinity was never released outside Japan). But that's another story. I think that online hacking in mmo's and such can have terrible effects on the community. And knowing broomop, he is a ticking time bomb waiting to drop the moon on pso2.

Can't we just start over from the first day?

Scrub
Jul 5, 2012, 02:29 AM
lookin to score me some HACKS

any of you fellas know where i can get some HACKS

SolarSamurai
Jul 5, 2012, 02:31 AM
lookin to score me some HACKS

any of you fellas know where i can get some HACKS

Sure. Just ask Helba. She will tell you all you need to know about the .hackSSSSSSS.

MissMalice
Jul 5, 2012, 02:35 AM
Sure. Just ask Helba. She will tell you all you need to know about the .hackSSSSSSS.

http://data.whicdn.com/images/22705367/happy-i-see-what-you-did-there-l_large.png

moorebounce
Jul 5, 2012, 02:39 AM
I came accross a guy who said he was hacking the game. At first I didn't believe him until I looked on my radar map and saw he was running around in incredible speeds. When I did manage to be near where he was he killed everything with one shot. Most of the time when I try to get into a party its when they have those emergency events on the city map. He got to the boss so fast he was said "hurry" and when I teleported into Dark Ragne I saw him fire maybe 2 or 3 shots and he was died. I didn't have a chance to get off any shots because they were on the other side of the dome. When we got back to the camp ship there were hovering characters all along the walls and I said "WTF" and got out of there. I wish had took a screenshot of all the characters floating along the camp ship walls but I was so out of there because I couldn't believe how much this dude could do to the game.

Like I said I didn't get to take any screenshots but I seen somewhere else that logs are kept user-side like in Blue Burst. We didn't talk much because we weren't there long enough to talk but this is from my chat log. I took the times, character names and player ID numbers out (mostly to protect me from him incase he reads this). This took place in only about 10 minutes and 5 of it was on the camp ship.

Me hi
Him hi
Him i hack
Him so if you dont like it you can leave
Him ok im at the boss warp (only 6 minutes had elapsed between the last message on the camp ship)
Him hurry
Him there we go (He just killed Dark Ragne)
Me WTF
Him lol
Me thanx have a good one

Kion
Jul 5, 2012, 04:28 AM
depends. I really don't mind people hacking as long at it doesn't screw up the entire game like pso or psu. A lot of japanese players hack too, but they pretty much do it in closed rooms and don't talk about it much. B R O O M O P could learn a little more subtlety that making a room with his name written like that.

eharima
Jul 5, 2012, 04:42 AM
hacking PSO has been tradition, to think it wasnt gonna happen is naive.
you can check out broomops god mode video on his youtube ffs.

if randomization is controlled by the client, then yeah things will be messy.

If you feel you would like to report a hacker, with a video or such please go to;

https://ssl.pso2.jp/players/support/inquiry/?mode=wickeduser

and log in with your SEGA ID and fill out IN JAPANESE, google translate is not the best please remember.

Gama
Jul 5, 2012, 06:49 AM
ive hacked games,never online games though since i'm aware that it ruins it for everyone.

did a bunch of mods on psobb "changed skins" so it dosent hurt anyone.

anyway, like with psu broomop will probably have his fill and get bored of it. he just wants to prove that he can do it. that's what most hackers want to do. in games anyway.

also saw him over ship 2, he was acting a bit irritated for some reason.

fay
Jul 5, 2012, 06:51 AM

I'm glad one other person in here got that reference :D

This broompoop guy. When in the PSO days, I believe he said his mission essentially was to hack these games in hope that the company hires him to do their security. Wonder if that's still his goal...
He probably could do well for them to be fair, but the way hes done it is all wrong.

Powder Keg
Jul 5, 2012, 06:52 AM
If no one knows a JP e-mail to send it to, Edward might know where to forward it to if you were to send him the video.

GrandTickler
Jul 5, 2012, 07:50 AM
I actually got a random convo from some guy asking if I knew anything about cheat engine. It was a bit bizarre, I have no idea why he'd pick me out of the crowd unless he was just messaging everyone. I never even had an action replay, nevermind cheating programs on PC.

same here, some guy named charliee or something like that. bragging about how he could get outside of the windows in the lobby (in the space area)

Natsuma
Jul 5, 2012, 07:50 AM
The joy of being on Ship 6: only japanese players, never seen any hackers despite the rather high amount of time I spent on the game :-)

GrandTickler
Jul 5, 2012, 07:58 AM
hackers/cheaters are just sad little attention whoring noobs who never will get far with gaming. the kind of spoiled little brats who cheated when they were playing a card game or monopoly with their mommy when they were still young. kids who were never properly raised and taught a lesson about how to play fair since all they care about is their own selfish satisfaction. the clown's of mmorpg's :)
think im done now lol.

Squall179
Jul 5, 2012, 07:59 AM
Ya know.....might be best to let this topic just fade off, it IS just feeding them attention afterall.

Thermalwolf
Jul 5, 2012, 08:07 AM

That would mean it's someone else because in order for a script kiddie to exist he needs to steal code. Which Broomop did and that's how he learned to hack. My guess is you saw Snowfox.

jOhMG
Jul 5, 2012, 08:17 AM
I haven't actually experienced any hackers yet. My client did crash when I was installing a plugin for winamp with bot in the name. I think that was just due to a certain antihack file from a server that shall not be named. This was incident actually left me in tears since I didn't get credit for the field I was just about to complete.

goldwing
Jul 5, 2012, 08:54 AM
I see broomop almost daily. I simply avoid him at all cost. Out of site out of mind

FOkyasuta
Jul 5, 2012, 10:04 AM
I haven't heard of that name in years.

kinda figured history would repeat itself ya kno.

Vintasticvin
Jul 5, 2012, 10:32 AM
I haven't heard of that name in years.

kinda figured history would repeat itself ya kno.

Like an endless waltz?

SolarSamurai
Jul 5, 2012, 10:51 AM
Apparently it has been reported that if you have a certain blue burst private server on your comp with a certain antihack file, that it will constantly crash your PSO2 client thinking it is has something to do with hacking after 5-10-20 minutes. So if you have it, I suggest getting rid of it.

TheBlackMage
Jul 5, 2012, 10:58 AM
Like an endless waltz?

Oh snap, nice one.

On-topic though, thankfully I haven't run into any hackers so far (and hopefully it stays like that) I'm assuming the maintenance will be a fix for some of the issues.

jOhMG
Jul 5, 2012, 11:02 AM
Apparently it has been reported that if you have a certain blue burst private server on your comp with a certain antihack file, that it will constantly crash your PSO2 client thinking it is has something to do with hacking after 5-10-20 minutes. So if you have it, I suggest getting rid of it.

I haven't had the issue of it crashing my client, but if I run certain programs with names that may deal with hacking(a plugin for winamp that has bot in name) it will close it. For some reason the file doesn't just apply to the server that shall not be named but anything with Phantasy Star in the name.

SolarSamurai
Jul 5, 2012, 11:18 AM
I haven't had the issue of it crashing my client, but if I run certain programs with names that may deal with hacking(a plugin for winamp that has bot in name) it will close it. For some reason the file doesn't just apply to the server that shall not be named but anything with Phantasy Star in the name.

Interesting. Well, my client kept crashing after 10 minutes. Once I got rid of said server client I have had no issues.

jOhMG
Jul 5, 2012, 11:23 AM
Oh well who needs that now that we have a true sequel.

SolarSamurai
Jul 5, 2012, 11:29 AM
That's what I was thinking. Eheh.

EvilMag
Jul 5, 2012, 11:53 AM
Besides, why would you want to play on that god awful server?

Kanore
Jul 5, 2012, 12:52 PM

Stop spreading rumors.

CastSoldierFan96
Jul 5, 2012, 01:11 PM
No need to worry and no need to blame Broomop for every little thing that is happening. You're actually giving him more credit than he deserves. I know for a fact that there are a good amount of things client side that can be exploited, but there has been nothing found by any of the hackers that can be game ruining, yet. Just enjoy the game please and don't panic just because someone is "outside of the window." It's very easy to get there. And guess what? Broomop hasn't found out how to do that yet.

Kanore
Jul 5, 2012, 01:13 PM
That would mean it's someone else because in order for a script kiddie to exist he needs to steal code. Which Broomop did and that's how he learned to hack. My guess is you saw Snowfox.

tinkering with cheat engine after circumventing half-assed attempts to protect the game with GG makes broomop a script kiddie

he doesn't really deserved to be called a hacker

kid's a joke

well not really a kid anymore by now i'm sure he's like some lonely 50 year old in his mom's basement

probably became a brony

CastSoldierFan96
Jul 5, 2012, 01:19 PM
tinkering with cheat engine after circumventing half-assed attempts to protect the game with GG makes broomop a script kiddie

kid's a joke

well not really a kid anymore by now i'm sure he's like some lonely 50 year old in his mom's basement

probably became a brony

Anyone who is messing with the game is not hacking but if they are finding exploits themselves, it's not being a script-kiddie either. You can call it cheating or reverse engineering. You're saying he's a script-kiddie just because he's using someone else's tool? Why make your own when they are already available? Besides, it's easy to make a memory scanner... Learn the terms first.

EDIT: GameGuard and bypassing it doesn't need to be mentioned... It's a 32-bit rootkit that is unable to detect 64-bit applications.

Basically you and most people are saying that anyone who is debugging a program is a script kiddie and it's quite humorous.

Zelon
Jul 5, 2012, 01:53 PM
I havent seen any yet myself but i dont want to think about it, i lost way to much of my time thanks to ass hats fracking my mem cards on dream and on cube ......

Hayde
Jul 5, 2012, 02:06 PM
The problem with PSO2 and its previous (PC at least) incarnations is their heavy reliance on GameGuard. Basically, Sega presumes that if GameGuard doesn't catch anything--then it's safe, and there's nothing to worry about it. It doesn't matter whether he's the "real" Broomop, Snowfox, or whoever.

As it stands, if you bypass GameGuard you're more or less home free. IMO, any modern online games should automatically flag a red-alert when certain values are 'frozen' like HP, PP, and so forth. For example, if PSO was an MMO (assuming it's one with decent security) as soon as someone tried to freeze the values it should automatically kick them from the server if not suspend/ban the account as well.

This is not happening with PSO2. Hopefully the maintenance tonight does something to address that tidbit, if not more.

CastSoldierFan96
Jul 5, 2012, 02:16 PM
For example, if PSO was an MMO (assuming it's one with decent security) as soon as someone tried to freeze the values it should automatically kick them from the server if not suspend/ban the account as well.

With all of the lag problems this game has been having, they can't afford to do something like this. That means, just because a few possible bad people, they need to have the server constantly be checking everything that can possibly be edited in every client to make a routine that can automatically suspend/ban people. They can add something to ban you when GG detects that the CRC was changed, but CRC checks can be bypassed so they will be wasting resources (and affecting legitimate players) when the bad people can get around this anyway.

They need to have better servers first and that's the main issue (or coders)

Garnet_Moon
Jul 5, 2012, 02:20 PM
Is there even an in-game report feature? Is it only on the website?

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 5, 2012, 02:28 PM
Garnet_Moon's question was similiar to mine.
Do they not have GMs?
OR I guess that wouldnt really be needed :o

NotSpike
Jul 5, 2012, 02:30 PM
It's interesting to see Broomop being glorified as some revered PSO series 'hacker'... It's just random nerd #201234 who uses 'exploits' other people have found or finds them using known methods and then causes a bit of trouble for people. There is not a single game which doesn't have exploits available, an example would be Diablo 3, a recent game which already has plenty of exploits available to anyone who can use google.

The worst (as in lamest) 'hackers' or 'exploiters' are the ones you hear about.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 5, 2012, 02:31 PM
probably became a brony
Now...is he a brony because he's 50 years old in his moms basement? lol

[off topic]
I'm a brony but I'm only 23 lol and technically I pay rent even though still around the house lol

Of course I didn't go around finding ways to exploit the game so guess I'm in the clear haha

Anon_Fire
Jul 5, 2012, 02:34 PM
Garnet_Moon's question was similiar to mine.
Do they not have GMs?
OR I guess that wouldnt really be needed :o

CastSoldierFan96
Jul 5, 2012, 02:35 PM
There is no way to report in-game

SolarSamurai
Jul 5, 2012, 02:57 PM

kid's a joke

probably became a brony

You shouldn't have done that...

It would be wise to not make speculations intended to make name or fun of another person. No matter how evil, or silly they are.

Your best bet would be to check the observatory... You might be able to find him there. He was causing trouble there earlier and may have already gone to the clock tower.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 5, 2012, 03:18 PM
You shouldn't have done that...

It would be wise to not make speculations intended to make name or fun of another person. No matter how evil, or silly they are.

Your best bet would be to check the observatory... You might be able to find him there. He was causing trouble there earlier and may have already gone to the clock tower.

I applaud your use of LoZ references. Good show!

Yata The Prophet
Jul 5, 2012, 03:23 PM
There are no cheaters in this game.
None.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606336-phantasy-star-online-2/63304716
^^PROOF

Anon_Fire
Jul 5, 2012, 03:37 PM
There is no way to report in-game

Cannot report in-game, but did you see the link I posted?

FerrPSO
Jul 5, 2012, 04:07 PM
So theres those guys in the lobby tresspassing walls and talking about cheat tools in public

Finetic
Jul 5, 2012, 04:27 PM
So theres those guys in the lobby tresspassing walls and talking about cheat tools in public

Encountered this yesterday, everyone was asking the guy "HOW YOU DO THAT?" and when I uttered the words "cheat engine", guy outside the window proceeded to whisp me frantically asking what I know about CE and how to do certain things, practically begging for information. I had to plead ignorance as I have literally no clue how to go about it in a game like PSO--nor do I care to find out.

RemChu
Jul 5, 2012, 05:24 PM

I met a wannabe cheater in the lobby once and just started giving him all sorts of nonsense bs answers about bypassing Game Guard and the like. (A lot of it involved harming his Windows install.) I do hope some of it worked.

That is very malicious thing to do.

Nurusanura
Jul 5, 2012, 05:49 PM
lol Arks Cash hacks. Not sure if that could really be done, but it is very possible. If that's the case, then profits will be inevitably low. Everyone would be hacking it if it means they wont have to pay for anything. :/

Vintasticvin
Jul 5, 2012, 06:56 PM
Wow seems like pso2 has been pretty "interesting" all day... Hopfully the hackers remain dead :(

Zinaida
Jul 5, 2012, 07:35 PM
That is very malicious thing to do.

Everyone thinks they're a cool kid when they convince someone to delete system 32 or something. Just ignore it.

KusaTheFonewearl
Jul 5, 2012, 08:21 PM
my team was blowing this off, this is serious shit, this is the same guy that FUGGIN' HI-JACKED sega's pso server! We're talking cyber terrorism here! His stupidass actions are gonna get us all an IP ban!! UGH!! WHY THE FK ISN'T THIS GUY DEAD OR BEHIND BARS YET!?!

*ragequit*:mad::mad::::argh::argh::argh:

Vintasticvin
Jul 5, 2012, 08:32 PM
my team was blowing this off, this is serious shit, this is the same guy that FUGGIN' HI-JACKED sega's pso server! We're talking cyber terrorism here! His stupidass actions are gonna get us all an IP ban!! UGH!! WHY THE FK ISN'T THIS GUY DEAD OR BEHIND BARS YET!?!

:( Because the wicked alway gets away even when proven guilty.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 5, 2012, 09:42 PM
Pretty sure it wasn't "broomop" even i know how to do all that stuff like infinite jump and frozen hp and whatnot, fairly easy with a certain freeware program, and GameGuard is like swiss cheese+^_^+ i haven't ever done anything with online games (i don like zee ban-hammer) but offline games, well+^_^+ remember that thread about the FXAA injector? the same weakness in GameGuard and PSO2 that allows that allows these wallhackers to hack walls+^_^+ the important thing to remember is, the mojority of these hackers can't affect you or your account as 100s of rockets in a minute and walking through walls is strictly local client modding, nothing to do with the servers+^_^+

Quadocky
Jul 5, 2012, 10:16 PM
Well if hacking does become a problem, Sega should go the Rockstar way and just dump all the hackers into their own little pool. That way the hackers can hack and Sega and observe their exploits and use it to patch the game.

Vintasticvin
Jul 5, 2012, 10:17 PM
Pretty sure it wasn't "broomop" even i know how to do all that stuff like infinite jump and frozen hp and whatnot, fairly easy with a certain freeware program, and GameGuard is like swiss cheese+^_^+ i haven't ever done anything with online games (i don like zee ban-hammer) but offline games, well+^_^+ remember that thread about the FXAA injector? the same weakness in GameGuard and PSO2 that allows that allows these wallhackers to hack walls+^_^+ the important thing to remember is, the mojority of these hackers can't affect you or your account as 100s of rockets in a minute and walking through walls is strictly local client modding, nothing to do with the servers+^_^+

*Random FOcast hug*

Quadocky
Jul 5, 2012, 10:24 PM

The only case I know of someone going to jail when it comes to video games and hacking was when that one fellow stole Half Life 2 from Valve's Servers before it was released. They caught him by pretending to offer him a job at Valve, but instead of sending a welcome basket they sent the police.

Ryuujin13
Jul 5, 2012, 10:31 PM
My reply question & reply to all hackers...

Me: "When is the last time you got laid?"
Them: "just a few seconds ago"
Me: "HAH your hand must feel sad your a quicky, it also your hand doesn't count" rofl

or

Me: "when is the last time you talked to the opposite sex?"
Them: "few seconds ago"
Me: "your mother does not count"
"Your lolicon pillow doesn't count"
"Your pet doesn't count, p.s. bestiality is wrong rofl"

Honestly as long as it doesn't affect my gameplay I could care less how some pimple covered basement dwelling trolls spend their worthless lives.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 5, 2012, 10:33 PM
Their server should be smart enough to know if someone is doing something that normal players cannot, and just make a list for review so they can check if that account should be banned

Quadocky
Jul 5, 2012, 10:34 PM
My reply question & reply to all hackers...

Me: "When is the last time you got laid?"
Them: "just a few seconds ago"
Me: "HAH your hand must feel sad your a quicky, it also your hand doesn't count" rofl

or

Me: "when is the last time you talked to the opposite sex?"
Them: "few seconds ago"
Me: "your mother does not count"
"Your lolicon pillow doesn't count"
"Your pet doesn't count, p.s. bestiality is wrong rofl"
I don't mind hackers really, its just malicious ones (more correctly called Crackers or Greifers depending) that purposely ruin everything for the sake of ruining everything.

Or probably the worst of the worst, a cracker with a greifer mentality. Good god, such a beast would surely spell the end of all mankind.

xBladeM6x
Jul 5, 2012, 10:36 PM
Not like it matters if people are hacking to one-shot-kill things, or using God Mode. Drops are still stupidly rare, so it's whatever. He'll be banned, anyways. So lulz. On that note, if he or others were to mess with the AC stuff, and get into that somehow, SEGA would unleash their super Samurai-Ninja-Gundams and bring down the wrath of Kahn upon their souls.

Ryuujin13
Jul 5, 2012, 10:38 PM
Not like it matters if people are hacking to one-shot-kill things, or using God Mode. Drops are still stupidly rare, so it's whatever. He'll be banned, anyways. So lulz. On that note, if he or others were to mess with the AC stuff, and get into that somehow, SEGA would unleash their super Samurai-Ninja-Gundams and bring down the wrath of Kahn upon their souls.

http://www.animemb.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/life-size-gundam-statue.png

You mean this one? lol

I don't mind hackers really, its just malicious ones (more correctly called Crackers or Greifers depending) that purposely ruin everything for the sake of ruining everything.

Or probably the worst of the worst, a cracker with a greifer mentality. Good god, such a beast would surely spell the end of all mankind.

So I actually had to look up the word griefer. Never heard it before, but after reading the multiple definitions I found, I came to one conclusion for you, NEVER play a competitive multiplayer game (e.g. halo, bf3, COD, etc) with me and my friends lol. :D

xBladeM6x
Jul 5, 2012, 10:41 PM
http://www.animemb.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/life-size-gundam-statue.png

You mean this one? lol

Precisely. As long as Kamina is piloting it. :D

supersonix9
Jul 5, 2012, 10:43 PM
If we get an IP ban because of some idiots, I'll probably cry.

Ryuujin13
Jul 5, 2012, 10:45 PM

Still cant believe they built a life size gundam replica. Its genius, awesome and weird all in one package lol

If we get an IP ban because of some idiots, I'll probably cry.

I doubt they will. From what I have noticed when I have played is that their hacks are harmless to other players and they are a small community. Would be easier to either A) observe and patch their hacking tech or B) just plain ban their accounts.

SZiadaN
Jul 5, 2012, 10:51 PM
even i know how to do all that stuff like infinite jump and frozen hp and whatnot, fairly easy with a certain freeware program, and GameGuard is like swiss cheese+^_^+ i haven't ever done anything with online games (i don like zee ban-hammer) but offline games,

It's funny how you think online games and offline games work in the same way.

Also, to those that think broomop is the cause of all evil on this planet and the next, someone else in this thread pointed out some valid stuff.

No need to worry and no need to blame Broomop for every little thing that is happening. You're actually giving him more credit than he deserves. I know for a fact that there are a good amount of things client side that can be exploited, but there has been nothing found by any of the hackers that can be game ruining, yet. Just enjoy the game please and don't panic just because someone is "outside of the window." It's very easy to get there. And guess what? Broomop hasn't found out how to do that yet.

Broomop is simply bringing attention to himself by posting a bunch of videos showing off his stuff. (Which is why Sega also banned him)

He can't bring down lobbys or anything else that will affect anyone else.

Squall179
Jul 5, 2012, 11:11 PM
On that getting outside the window, Lemme guess, thats a collision detection issue involving a corner, right? I saw that happen in Champions Online, there is a corner in Millennium City where if you are a small sized character and you jump while running toward it while pressed against it? Guess what?

You fall through and go over to the other side of it. Granted, it isn't very useful or interesting because you could just walk AROUND the wall about five paces and you're looking at the other side of it anyway.

Same thing in one of the quests. Interior mission, only here...you gets screwed if you don't have a flight based travel power because you just fall through the corner and keep falling forever, until you intentionally kill yourself to respawn, lol. A majority of the going through walls stuff in games is just stuff like that, little holes in the detection, if I remember correctly. It is a Cute trick but not particularly impressive. Only time I'm ever bothered by a walking through walls issue is during a competitive game, where it gives a distinct advantage. Ran into that back when Half Life 1;'s deathmatch was first available, a friend was taking advantage of it to stick his gun out through the wall but let the wall shield the rest of himself from attacks. Here? What is the most that will happen to you if someone wallhacks during a mission? You still get EXP if you are in the general vicinity anyway, so it isn't like they can Deny you much by way of EXP, and the items dropped will still be there when you eventually arrive, so it isn't something to freak out in full about.

Besides....if the people who are causing trouble hit anything related to actual money assets....there will be more than enough punishment for them when they get caught. Companies DO take things related to money scams seriously, so long as they themselves are not the ones scamming.....

Anon_Fire
Jul 5, 2012, 11:31 PM
If you guys are that worried or paranoid about hackers/cheaters, here.

Use this link if you need to.

Wolfgrey666
Jul 5, 2012, 11:42 PM
It's funny how you think online games and offline games work in the same way.

Also, to those that think broomop is the cause of all evil on this planet and the next, someone else in this thread pointed out some valid stuff.

Broomop is simply bringing attention to himself by posting a bunch of videos showing off his stuff. (Which is why Sega also banned him)

He can't bring down lobbys or anything else that will affect anyone else.

You clearly werent around on Dreamcast.

Ryo
Jul 6, 2012, 12:04 AM

I was around on Dreamcast and don't remember Broomop at all; then again I was on JP servers mostly.

I -just- watched all of Guren Lagann last weekend. I love that series now.

SZiadaN
Jul 6, 2012, 12:33 AM

I were and if you remember the "PG" clan, I usually were with them.

MasterSpark
Jul 7, 2012, 04:52 PM
Something odd is going on in lobby 20 on ship 2 right now. Characters that are left idling are mysteriously being brought outside the window, even though on their own screens it appears that they haven't moved at all. If they make any kind of movement from their idle position they're instantly brought back inside the ship from the point of view of others.

Is someone trying to blacken the reputation of everyone else?

Kanore
Jul 7, 2012, 04:54 PM
people are so over-dramatic

yes because 12 years later online games haven't evolved to the point where manchildren that know how to change a few numbers on cheat engine can do a bunch of malicious shit that ruins entire characters