PDA

View Full Version : Can't Load pso2.jp

Flowcus
Jul 5, 2012, 02:04 AM
Out of sheer frustration due to not being able to load the pso2.jp website, or any japanese website for that matter, I decided to sign up here and see if anyone could assist me with this annoying issue.

I have scoured google for answers, but have yet to find anything that will help. I have google translate updated on my Chrome, and have even tried on IE and Mozilla Firefox. But I cannot get the damn website to load at all... I click the link or enter the URL and it just sits there trying to load for a while then says it cannot load the website.

I have been a PS fan since the 90's playing on the sega genesis... So you can understand my frustration with just wanting to get the website to load so I can download and play PSO2!

Any help would be much appreciated as I have searched for hours now with no help being found.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

SolarSamurai
Jul 5, 2012, 02:08 AM
Odd..
Have you tried a different internet client?

Flowcus
Jul 5, 2012, 02:12 AM
Have tried it on my gaming PC, work PC, Laptop, Ipad, and Iphone... On all 3 different browsers.

I haven't any idea what the deal is besides it being an ISP issue, but I even tried using googles public DNS and still nothing. :(:-?

SolarSamurai
Jul 5, 2012, 02:13 AM
Wait, so you tried on all those devices from your internet router/whatever your using? Interesting...

Flowcus
Jul 5, 2012, 02:16 AM
Yes all devices... And as stated I even tried a different DNS to see if perhaps my ISP blocks foreign websites, but that didn't even work. Its one of the most confusing issues I've run into in a long time.

SolarSamurai
Jul 5, 2012, 02:21 AM
Yes, well. I am not much help because I don't know too much about DNS and wifi really. Of the problem cannot be worked around, bring your laptop to a friends or a place with open/unlocked wifi and proceed to download it there. Then the game may run on your DNS connection. Maybe, no?

Garnet_Moon
Jul 5, 2012, 02:24 AM
Come to think of it, i'm getting a Problem loading page error as well on Firefox... huh. Might just be down right now? That's weird.

SolarSamurai
Jul 5, 2012, 02:26 AM
Come to think of it, i'm getting a Problem loading page error as well on Firefox... huh. Might just be down right now? That's weird.

Well, I am loading this link just fine:
http://pso2.jp/players/download/

Flowcus
Jul 5, 2012, 02:27 AM
If I can't access japanese websites I won't be able to ping their servers for the game either... So no PSO2 for me until I figure out why I can't load a japanese website... Hell I can't even load an australian website or UK website.

There has to be some simple solution to the problem? I'd rather not contact my ISP as I live in rural Minnesota where most people know jack about anything computer related, so I don't feel like trying to explain things to them on the phone to try and rectify the situation.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 5, 2012, 02:28 AM
Well, I am loading this link just fine:
http://pso2.jp/players/download/
Well that works just fine. And now pso2.jp by itself work just fine after re-loading that page. Welp.

Try to copy that URL, Flowcus, then see if it helps.

SolarSamurai
Jul 5, 2012, 02:30 AM
If I can't access japanese websites I won't be able to ping their servers for the game either... So no PSO2 for me until I figure out why I can't load a japanese website... Hell I can't even load an australian website or UK website.

There has to be some simple solution to the problem? I'd rather not contact my ISP as I live in rural Minnesota where most people know jack about anything computer related, so I don't feel like trying to explain things to them on the phone to try and rectify the situation.

Man, that really is some serous doo doo. I really hope you can get things sorted out. Although PSO2 isn't going anywhere's soon, from the looks of it. Perhaps your DNS is somehow cutting off all national regions other than the U.S. servers etc? Maybe you can youtube this problem?

Flowcus
Jul 5, 2012, 02:34 AM
It's definitely on my ISP's end as I just tried my iphone and ipad on 3g and the website loads fine... So I guess I'll have to deal with the rednecks at my ISP tomorrow and try to explain what the internet is to them.

Thanks for the replies guys, but unless someone thats savvy to this kind of situation knows what I can do I think I may be screwed... :-(