PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Maintenance to be held soon

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 5, 2012, 06:03 AM
This probably has to do with this, "broompoop" guy people have been going on about. First, block 20 crashed and now they have just put up an announcement that maintenance will be held on 7/6 from 10:00 to 17:00.

DemonMike
Jul 5, 2012, 06:07 AM
Just checked the twitter, it's for block alteration and 'other' things supposedly.

But yeah, Friday at 10:00 to 17:00 JST. GMT is 2am to 9am on the 7th, EST is 9pm tonight to 4am, PST if I recall correctly is this evening 6pm to 1am in the morning. PST may be wrong, I don't play with many players on the west coast.

Zaix
Jul 5, 2012, 06:08 AM
So tonight at 9:00 PM EST to tomorrow at 4:00AM.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 5, 2012, 06:10 AM
Another announcement shortly followed. This should go without saying, but I'll relay it anyway.

"Please take a screenshot and submit it if you see anything suspicious"

EDIT:
Just checked the twitter, it's for block alteration and 'other' things supposedly.

But yeah, Friday at 10:00 to 17:00 JST. GMT is 2am to 9am on the 7th, EST is 9pm tonight to 4am, PST if I recall correctly is this evening 6pm to 1am in the morning. PST may be wrong, I don't play with many players on the west coast.

I sure hope that doesn't mean what I think it means. In other words, if this asshat causes them to put an I.P. block, I'm going to shit enough bricks to build a new house.

NoiseHERO
Jul 5, 2012, 06:27 AM
Usually I could care less about what a hacker does, if anything they WANT the attention most of the time. It's like wasting your time hating on Justin Bieber.

But when they affect other people, namely me, Ho'h boy time to get out the hitlist.

Then again the whole "THEY'LL IP BLOCK US" paranoia for every little thing a FEW english players are doing thing is getting kinda stupid from our side too.

If they DO IP block us though... well... Fuck your F2P game then. (Seriously that game content extending grind quest scam to unlock level 31-40 pissed me off D< )

Zinaida
Jul 5, 2012, 06:35 AM
"IP block."

Yeah, because Japanese residents are so pure and there isn't a single hacker there. If they wanted to IP block us, they'd do it, and I doubt they'd let the actions of one person influence the decision to lock out a whole nation.

I really dislike how every time someone who doesn't reside in Japan does or says something stupid that suddenly we're all going to get IP banned according to a few paranoid people.

NoiseHERO
Jul 5, 2012, 06:37 AM
^I swear to god if you get us IP blocked, I'm gonna lose it...

YOU KNOW THE JAPANESE HAVE IMPULSIVE IP BLOCKING TRIGGER FINGERS

PrinceBrightstar
Jul 5, 2012, 06:45 AM
There really is no way to stop it though. Even if they do an IP block both legit and hackers can get back on via a VPN service to tunnel through to a JP iP address. Will there be more lag? Sure, you're adding more hops to your route, but it won't completely kill the game experience.

Maronji
Jul 5, 2012, 06:49 AM
I want to say not to worry too much. This is what I got out of the news post (that was linked in the tweet) via Google Translate (the edited version, anyway, because the raw version looks "bleh" (and note that some of these are merely assumptions because Google Translate is rather vague sometimes)):

1) Changing the status display on the Ship Select screen to better reflect the congestion status on each ship [maybe?].
2) Changing the notation and number of recommended blocks .
3) Changing the number of premium blocks to relieve congestion on the free blocks [maybe? Not too sure about this one].
4) [Something about My Shops and taking too much time when failing to respond? *shrugs* Google kinda shredded that one.]

Here's the original text from the post if anyone can take a better shot than Google:
[spoiler-box]下記の予定にて、ゲームサーバーの臨時メンテナンスを行います。

臨時メンテナンス予定時間 7月6日(金)10:00~17:00

-各シップの混雑状況の表示変更対応
-推奨ブロックのブロック数と表記の一部変更
-通常ブロックの混雑緩和のため、プレミアムブロック数の変更
-マイショップの検索に時間がかかる不具合への対応

※メンテナンス終了告知があるまでは、ゲームサーバーへの接続を行わないでください。

なお、メンテナンス終了時刻は17:00を予定しておりますが、状況により前後する場合が
ありますのでご了承ください。

皆様には大変ご迷惑をおかけいたしますことをお詫び申し上げます。[/spoiler-box]
So... yeah. I don't see anything [i]particularly worrying in there unless they stealth-patch it in (which, I'll admit, there's always the possibility).

If I had to guess, they're just trying to deal with the (possibly unexpected) jump in activity that's congesting the servers.

franstormer
Jul 5, 2012, 07:13 AM
is it normal for ppl to cast every spell within 1sec? this dude in my party finished charging his spell the moment he started to cast

moorebounce
Jul 5, 2012, 07:36 AM
Well it has to be something bad because they're not supposed to have their maintenance until next wednesday

Squall179
Jul 5, 2012, 07:44 AM
Given the timing of these events and the message being stated, the "Other" things....It could be anything from banning specific accounts and IPs if they have gotten enough reports, SImply repairing damage caused By the hacking (that's GOTTA take a toll on the gamedata serverside, am I right?) Or the disaster scenario people are worrying about Is going to happen and we'll just have to work around it, or wait for a probably Not coming US/EU release.

That or it could be a good surprise they don't want to spoil yet.

It's just human nature that we as people, as a mob, presume the absolute worst at any given moment if a situation is presented to us that We know is bad, and then a related element makes a statement that is as blanket and vauge as Sega's release on the announcement has been.

THough if it is an IP Ban? Then hopefully someone out there knows how to...well, resolve the situation. With Sega, with the playerbase.....

Neith
Jul 5, 2012, 08:27 AM
Honestly can't see an IP ban, never happened on PSU or before that either.

Broomop's been doing this for as long as I can remember, so him doing this in PSO2 doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

The other reason I can't see an IP ban is that any hacking won't be purely by Western players. Though they may not like to admit it, there are JP script kiddies/hackers as well.

I wouldn't be too worried.

Famous last words

Zyrusticae
Jul 5, 2012, 08:57 AM
"IP block."

Yeah, because Japanese residents are so pure and there isn't a single hacker there. If they wanted to IP block us, they'd do it, and I doubt they'd let the actions of one person influence the decision to lock out a whole nation.

I really dislike how every time someone who doesn't reside in Japan does or says something stupid that suddenly we're all going to get IP banned according to a few paranoid people.
QFT.

They haven't IP blocked at any time in the past, why would they suddenly do so now? Think, people!

DemonMike
Jul 5, 2012, 09:03 AM
QFT.

They haven't IP blocked at any time in the past, why would they suddenly do so now? Think, people!

Although I personally don't agree there will be an IP ban (I'm more of a "they might ban those who end up using English patches" guy"), there is a very strong case for it.

In the past, they had no reason to reject foreigners from playing, because the games were on a subscription basis. Why would they turn away good money?

But now, any one can experience the whole thing for free. This might be the problem. A good amount of English players I imagine will not be buying any AC at all and could potentially be seen as leeching good server space for Japanese customers if free blocks on servers are continuously rammed with people.

It probably wont happen, but what's more likely is them saying that foreign players can play, but they must buy premium tickets to free up space on the free blocks for their actual target market.

Zyrusticae
Jul 5, 2012, 09:11 AM
Well, that's an interesting idea, but it doesn't work if they have no method of filtering for foreign players outside of IP addresses - how do they differentiate a "JP account" from a "foreign account"? For that matter, making us buy premium would be a way of acknowledging our existence when they really would rather not, since it would mean they would have to give us at least limited support (because they would be explicitly stating we're allowed to get on, whereas right now they only let us on because "we don't care enough to do something about it").

It would also be a little pointless as most of us westerners do not play during JP prime time, which greatly reduces the strain we put on their servers.

DemonMike
Jul 5, 2012, 09:27 AM
Well, that's an interesting idea, but it doesn't work if they have no method of filtering for foreign players outside of IP addresses - how do they differentiate a "JP account" from a "foreign account"? For that matter, making us buy premium would be a way of acknowledging our existence when they really would rather not, since it would mean they would have to give us at least limited support (because they would be explicitly stating we're allowed to get on, whereas right now they only let us on because "we don't care enough to do something about it").

It would also be a little pointless as most of us westerners do not play during JP prime time, which greatly reduces the strain we put on their servers.

Well it's like you said, it'd be filtered by IP. Of course, there'd be problems with Japanese players accessing the game abroad, but I've got a funny feeling there might be a requirement soon for players with foreign IP's. It wont be a ban, no way on earth.

But about the service, it's currently open to every one. The problem is they will only accept messages in legible Japanese.

Zyrusticae
Jul 5, 2012, 09:34 AM
No, you can filter machines that are logging in by IP, but you can't filter accounts by IP unless you explicitly log each IP that logs into an account and tag the ones that come from outside the country (which is computationally expensive when you're talking thousands of accounts). They would first have to tag accounts as "foreign accounts" before they can even talk about special requirements for those accounts, and then they have to set up their servers to disallow access to said tagged accounts unless they have premium.

It's a whole lot of work for not very much benefit, particularly when the foreign player base is less than 1% of the playing population and don't play during JP prime time hours. It's energy much better served by focusing on the problem at home.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 5, 2012, 09:36 AM
Don't get me wrong. I'm not like, "OMG OMG OMG I.P. BAN!!!" or anything like that. I have seen it happen before though. One hacker screws everybody else over (well, "everybody else" only being us anyway). Just because Sega hasn't done something like that before doesn't mean they won't do it now.

Times have changed and the business itself has changed. We're now running on a "cash shop" system. If they have nothing to gain from keeping us around, they probably won't. What I mean is, if they can give us the boot and free up more space for JP players to come in and buy AC/Premium/etc., then I wouldn't put it past them to do it.

Never say never, I always say.

DemonMike
Jul 5, 2012, 09:56 AM
No, you can filter machines that are logging in by IP, but you can't filter accounts by IP unless you explicitly log each IP that logs into an account and tag the ones that come from outside the country (which is computationally expensive when you're talking thousands of accounts). They would first have to tag accounts as "foreign accounts" before they can even talk about special requirements for those accounts, and then they have to set up their servers to disallow access to said tagged accounts unless they have premium.

It's a whole lot of work for not very much benefit, particularly when the foreign player base is less than 1% of the playing population and don't play during JP prime time hours. It's energy much better served by focusing on the problem at home.

You have a point, but I'm very interested where this 1% mark is coming from. We're not the majority by a long shot, but I feel people are grossly underestimating how many English players there are.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 5, 2012, 09:59 AM
You have a point, but I'm very interested where this 1% mark is coming from. We're not the majority by a long shot, but I feel people are grossly underestimating how many English players there are.

Pretty much. I remember someone in another thread of mine stated that we were just a, "blip" on the radar. Like I said in there, I'd say we are about a 1/10th of their playerbase right now. Certainly not a number to be overlooked anyway.

Zyrusticae
Jul 5, 2012, 10:10 AM
I admit I come to that number through inference. On ship 2, for example, we fill up at most 4 and a half blocks during our peak hours. Considering Japanese players managed to fill up all of them during OB, and that there are even MORE JP players now than there were then, and that Ship 2 has the largest concentration of English-speaking players out of all of them (there are some ships that don't have any EN players at all), I feel confident in saying that we are a very, very small portion of their player base at the moment.

Saying that we are 10% of the player base seems like a seriously gross overestimation.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 5, 2012, 10:18 AM
I admit I come to that number through inference. On ship 2, for example, we fill up at most 4 and a half blocks during our peak hours. Considering Japanese players managed to fill up all of them during OB, and that there are even MORE JP players now than there were then, and that Ship 2 has the largest concentration of English-speaking players out of all of them (there are some ships that don't have any EN players at all), I feel confident in saying that we are a very, very small portion of their player base at the moment.

Saying that we are 10% of the player base seems like a seriously gross overestimation.

Hmmm... I don't know. Let's say there are 500,000 players. You really don't think we'd even fill up 50,000 of those slots? It may seem like a big number, but it really isn't, especially for an online game. I'd say we have at least that many players though.

Whitney9890
Jul 5, 2012, 10:21 AM
The game has only officially been out for two days and people are already hacking?

recursive
Jul 5, 2012, 10:24 AM
The game has only officially been out for two days and people are already hacking?

People have been hacking since closed beta...

Whitney9890
Jul 5, 2012, 10:25 AM
Sad sad lives....

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 5, 2012, 10:25 AM

this

90% of the people i talk to about pso2 are like "eh doesn't have english, not playing"

also @whitney, yeah there have been hacks since closed beta. maybe even alpha, just nobody has proof of it.

Cranberry
Jul 5, 2012, 10:30 AM
I recall a video of Broomop hacking as early as the 2nd Alpha test. The moment he got on PSO2 he began hacking it.

Jungo Torii
Jul 5, 2012, 10:31 AM
Hopefully, Sega can fix the problem adequately...I'm not getting myself too worked up about any possible IP Ban. Just hope everything gets fixed.

Peejay
Jul 5, 2012, 10:43 AM
^I swear to god if you get us IP blocked, I'm gonna lose it...

YOU KNOW THE JAPANESE HAVE IMPULSIVE IP BLOCKING TRIGGER FINGERS

A lot of them do seem to, considering in a competitive game I played, when a foreigner won against their tourney champ, they simply locked out everyone.

But seriously Rock, cool it.

TheBlackMage
Jul 5, 2012, 10:53 AM
A lot of them do seem to, considering in a competitive game I played, when a foreigner won against their tourney champ, they simply locked out everyone.

That is the epitome of mad. o.O

BahnKnakyu
Jul 5, 2012, 11:12 AM
Although I personally don't agree there will be an IP ban (I'm more of a "they might ban those who end up using English patches" guy"), there is a very strong case for it.

If Sega bans those who uses English patches, but fails to ban those who are maliciously hacking the game, then I'll be thoroughly convinced that Sega went off their damn rockers.

Rauten
Jul 5, 2012, 11:21 AM
SEGA won't ban IPs for a simple reason: MUNNAYYY!!$$$$

Let tme elaborate: people currently connecting to JP PSO2 from outside of Japan are, for the most part, enthusiasts; and enthusiasts, as they usually do, then to spend their hard-earned dollars and euros on the products they're enthusiasts for. In this case, that means buying AC.

Why in the world would SEGA block a group of people that are actually paying customers? Yes I realize this doesn't apply to all players, but I think it's logical to assume the paying-to-free player ratio of the English community is much higher than the Japanese. When you go through a Japanese registration, Katakana captchas included, it usually means you're VERY interested.

Which is also the same reason I doubt SEGA will ban anyone for faking their address, specially if you use SEGA's own address. Seriously people, all of a sudden, SEGA has data of hundreds of users, all registered as living in their basement, and they ain't gonna notice? They know exactly what's going on, same as when people started sneaking into the betas when it was still supposed to be JP ONRY, but as long as money flows, they don't give a freck.

Zyrusticae
Jul 5, 2012, 12:05 PM
Hmmm... I don't know. Let's say there are 500,000 players. You really don't think we'd even fill up 50,000 of those slots? It may seem like a big number, but it really isn't, especially for an online game. I'd say we have at least that many players though.

Perhaps in total, but not currently active on JP PSO2.

I did some math on my way to work earlier...

Let's say we fill 5 blocks on ship 2 during our peak hours, and half that on ship 10, and another 5 on all the other ships combined (obviously, I can't check these numbers as I don't have a character on every ship), giving us a total of 12.5 blocks. x200 and you have 2500 concurrent players.

Typical concurrency rates are pegged at roughly 15-20% of the total player base during peak hours. EVE Online, for example, has roughly 375k subscribers and its average concurrent players at peak hours is about 50,000, or 13.3(repeating) percent of the total subscribers. (It's worth noting that its numbers are lower because a number of subscribers log in just to change their skill queues.)

Considering this is the recent launch of a very highly anticipated game, I wouldn't be surprised if the concurrent player count were closer to 20 or even 25% of the total active players. Launch for any such online game tends to have a HUGE spike in players at launch that dramatically drops off over the coming days (yes, DAYS).

But I'll be generous and say only 20% of the player base is online at any one point in time. That gives us about 12,500 total English-speaking players on the JP PSO2 servers.

Then let's look at the JP player base: all 60 blocks full on the first five ships at peak hours. That alone gives us 60 * 200 * 5, or 60,000 concurrent players. Let's assume the other five ships have roughly half that (but frankly, I believe they are also getting filled up pretty quickly), giving us another 30,000. 90,000 * 5 = 480,000 players.

I wouldn't be surprised, however, if there were over a million total JP players. Tera managed a peak concurrent player count of 60,000 and it's a subscription-based game with an obscene monthly fee (2700 yen a month!). PSO2, being a highly anticipated F2P game, is probably going to have a lot more players.

At any rate, at the moment, I'd say we make up roughly 2.5% of the total player base. If you wanted to be generous (and I mean REALLY generous), we might be over 5%, but frankly, I really doubt we're any bigger than that. We account for so little of the server space that we can very easily be ignored.

pikachief
Jul 5, 2012, 12:14 PM
Yea at 4am i was on and they pretty mich filled up the first 4 ships. Lol 160 full blocks compared to 8 of iurs at the most. And thats just the dirst 4 ships.

AnnabellaRenee87
Jul 5, 2012, 12:20 PM

Let tme elaborate: people currently connecting to JP PSO2 from outside of Japan are, for the most part, enthusiasts; and enthusiasts, as they usually do, then to spend their hard-earned dollars and euros on the products they're enthusiasts for. In this case, that means buying AC.

Why in the world would SEGA block a group of people that are actually paying customers? Yes I realize this doesn't apply to all players, but I think it's logical to assume the paying-to-free player ratio of the English community is much higher than the Japanese. When you go through a Japanese registration, Katakana captchas included, it usually means you're VERY interested.

Which is also the same reason I doubt SEGA will ban anyone for faking their address, specially if you use SEGA's own address. Seriously people, all of a sudden, SEGA has data of hundreds of users, all registered as living in their basement, and they ain't gonna notice? They know exactly what's going on, same as when people started sneaking into the betas when it was still supposed to be JP ONRY, but as long as money flows, they don't give a freck.

^ this pretty much.

SEGA is in one of the worst places it has ever been financially and the last thing they would do is not take money from foreigners handing it over to them hand over fist.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 5, 2012, 12:45 PM

I would agree with you if there was a significant chunk of foreigners actually buying AC or stuff, but there isn't.

I would agree with you if there was a significant chunk of foreigners in the game period. But again, there isn't.

An I.P. block wouldn't even affect them financially. If they really want our money, they would just I.P. block us and then make an international release with our own servers.

To be honest, from what I've seen I wouldn't be surprised if there's only a thousand of us importers who are the english community. And that's being extremely fair. Might be closer to 500 of us, but it more than likely does not go above 1,000.

That being said, there's reports of numerous very... verbal and proud braggarts on our end who are using hacks.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 5, 2012, 08:41 PM
I would agree with you if there was a significant chunk of foreigners actually buying AC or stuff, but there isn't.

I would agree with you if there was a significant chunk of foreigners in the game period. But again, there isn't.

An I.P. block wouldn't even affect them financially. If they really want our money, they would just I.P. block us and then make an international release with our own servers.

To be honest, from what I've seen I wouldn't be surprised if there's only a thousand of us importers who are the english community. And that's being extremely fair. Might be closer to 500 of us, but it more than likely does not go above 1,000.

That being said, there's reports of numerous very... verbal and proud braggarts on our end who are using hacks.

Yeah, you pretty much nailed it on the head there. We're not even putting a dent in their wallet with us buying AC, so it wouldn't surprise me if they willing to cut us off. Like I said before, they could give us the boot and have more JP players come in who are more willing to pay for AC, giving them more money. Let's face it, more JP players are going to be buying AC as opposed to NA players.

I'd say 2 out of 4 are buying AC in Japan, whereas 1 out of 4 are buying it here. Anyway, all-in-all, I don't think they will resort to anything like a block, but these hackers part of the English community certainly isn't giving us a good image right now, that's for sure. I actually saw a JP player screaming in the lobby earlier, "go home, stupid gaijin!" in Japanese of course.

I guess word travels fast, huh?

Oniyoru
Jul 5, 2012, 08:56 PM
Broomop...man that's still around? A remember this hacker name from the first PSO =0

EJ
Jul 5, 2012, 08:59 PM
Probably already been said but broomop had nothing to do with this unless he made the server full of japanese and importer showing SEGA that the game is very popular and have a server congestion problem that need to be corrected with fault tolerance and failover clustering, if they are using that to handle the problem. This is a network traffic problem that needs either more servers, ram, HD, or more NICs to handle the traffic to multiple nic port for the flow of traffic will not be bottleneck in just a few NIC, hopefully they are using at least a 4 NIC server to control the traffic.

Wolfgrey666
Jul 5, 2012, 09:00 PM
Yeah, you pretty much nailed it on the head there. We're not even putting a dent in their wallet with us buying AC, so it wouldn't surprise me if they willing to cut us off. Like I said before, they could give us the boot and have more JP players come in who are more willing to pay for AC, giving them more money. Let's face it, more JP players are going to be buying AC as opposed to NA players.

I'd say 2 out of 4 are buying AC in Japan, whereas 1 out of 4 are buying it here. Anyway, all-in-all, I don't think they will resort to anything like a block, but these hackers part of the English community certainly isn't giving us a good image right now, that's for sure. I actually saw a JP player screaming in the lobby earlier, "go home, stupid gaijin!" in Japanese of course.

I guess word travels fast, huh?

Unfortunately our country has the highest rep for douchery.Most games that went down to hacking or had intense problems were because of people from our country.Unfortunately we have a high population of numnuts.

And no offense i most often found, on any international game of any kind, people not from the US a heck of a lot nicer. Sure not all of us are that way but quite a large sum.

What also doesn't help is that PSO or PS games in general have a long history of being hacked by us.I don't even want to mention what happened in the dreamcast days.

So to be fair, they have good reason to not bother with Americans.

To also be fair if anything happens i have a VPN set aside i used for MHFO.Not worried.

Oniyoru
Jul 5, 2012, 09:03 PM
Well I asked cause I saw many topics talking about hacking, here, this week....

Vintasticvin
Jul 5, 2012, 09:07 PM
Broomop...man that's still around? A remember this hacker name from the first PSO =0

Yeah... He somehow came out from the depths of cyber hell to ruin paradiso. Or so the rumors say.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 5, 2012, 09:11 PM
Unfortunately our country has the highest rep for douchery.Most games that went down to hacking or had intense problems were because of people from our country.Unfortunately we have a high population of numnuts.

And no offense i most often found, on any international game of any kind, people not from the US a heck of a lot nicer. Sure not all of us are that way but quite a large sum.

What also doesn't help is that PSO or PS games in general have a long history of being hacked by us.I don't even want to mention what happened in the dreamcast days.

So to be fair, they have good reason to not bother with Americans.

To also be fair if anything happens i have a VPN set aside i used for MHFO.Not worried.

No, I understand completely. I do a lot of importing myself, so when I get on a JP title, I tend to enjoy myself with the JP players, but sometimes you get an NA player in and they start trashtalking or doing stupid crap to ruin the experience.

For example, I've been playing Mobile Suit Gundam: Battle Operation on PS3 since it was released recently (free online game) and I've had a blast with JP players. They show great teamwork for the most part and are friendly. I always give a greeting (yoroshiku~) at the beginning of a match and most of the time, they return it. However, when I see an NA player join, they have no sort of teamwork whatsoever, they disregard greetings, they end up doing stupid crap to cause the opposing team to get easy points (basically running into a base solo against 5+ units), etc.

Now, not all NA players are like that, but I can understand why JP players feel annoyed with NA players sometimes. The same goes for PSO2. I think I've only seen a total of two JP players dancing in a lobby since I've been playing, whereas you can find a whole ton of NA players doing it pretty much during any hour of the day.

I've had my fair share of experiences with both players though, so I won't say which I enjoyed playing with the most since they both had their ups and downs, but I will say, I can understand why JP players get frustrated with us sometimes. It sucks that some players around here can do a bunch of stupid crap and ruin our image as a whole to JP players, but eh... them's the breaks *shrugs*

Lostbob117
Jul 5, 2012, 09:16 PM
I read some of this but, to just saying to everyone. We're not getting Ip banned I know a big company wouldn't blow off a great number of English players just for one hacker. A big company will keep the players for profit.

Also, can someone give me a video of him with proof of him hacking, I want to see.

Wolfgrey666
Jul 5, 2012, 09:17 PM
No, I understand completely. I do a lot of importing myself, so when I get on a JP title, I tend to enjoy myself with the JP players, but sometimes you get an NA player in and they start trashtalking or doing stupid crap to ruin the experience.

For example, I've been playing Mobile Suit Gundam: Battle Operation on PS3 since it was released recently (free online game) and I've had a blast with JP players. They show great teamwork for the most part and are friendly. I always give a greeting (yoroshiku~) at the beginning of a match and most of the time, they return it. However, when I see an NA player join, they have no sort of teamwork whatsoever, they disregard greetings, they end up doing stupid crap to cause the opposing team to get easy points (basically running into a base solo against 5+ units), etc.

Now, not all NA players are like that, but I can understand why JP players feel annoyed with NA players sometimes. The same goes for PSO2. I think I've only seen a total of two JP players dancing in a lobby since I've been playing, whereas you can find a whole ton of NA players doing it pretty much during any hour of the day.

I've had my fair share of experiences with both players though, so I won't say which I enjoyed playing with the most since they both had their ups and downs, but I will say, I can understand why JP players get frustrated with us sometimes. It sucks that some players around here can do a bunch of stupid crap and ruin our image as a whole to JP players, but eh... them's the breaks *shrugs*

Exactly my point.Doesn't help the world's image of people from the US is that we are a bunch of egotistic jackholes. I have played in a lot of international games with people and after a while I typically ask where they think i am from.It takes them a while to guess i am american and when i tell them i am, they usually say"No way you are, your nice and a good teammate".

Welcome to our world image.

Color_Green
Jul 5, 2012, 09:31 PM
What has this broompoop guy been doing anyways?

Garnet_Moon
Jul 5, 2012, 09:46 PM
I read some of this but, to just saying to everyone. We're not getting Ip banned I know a big company wouldn't blow off a great number of English players just for one hacker. A big company will keep the players for profit.

Also, can someone give me a video of him with proof of him hacking, I want to see.
I have a video that was frapsed at about 2 gigs, but compressed it down to 30 megs snipping only the important parts that I could see. The quality of the compressed version is so horrible I'm not even going to report it. Besides, it's got some silly j-pop playing in the background and I can't have my secret getting out that I'm into that stuff. You forget you heard me say that and I'll send some FUN points your way~

Besides, he'll just be back anyway on a new character. As fast as he's killing with that rocket launcher, he'll be back to 30 in no time at all.

RedRaz0r
"IP block."

You obviously have no idea how racist Japanese people are.

Chik'Tikka
hmm, i just tried to launch and got an update for the client+^_^+

Rauten
Jul 5, 2012, 09:50 PM

I never said we're a significantly big group, or that we pull in the big bucks. But small as we may be, SEGA is still making money off us (I say "us" but I actually mean everyone else, I'm not even playing right now), and it'd make no business sense whatsoever to do an IP block.
They'd lose some profit, small as it may be, and they'd very likely piss off the biggest PSO community outside of Japan, which could pretty well hurt their international release when they finally get around to announcing the damn thing.

Also, as far as US/EU player numbers guesstimates go, I'd go with Zyrusticae's; it's still nothing more than a guesstimate, but s/he has at least put some maths and statistics behind it, so I'm inclined to think it's the most accurate one we have (by which I don't mean it's very accurate, mind you; it's still mostly guesswork, so it could be wildly off).

UnLucky
Jul 5, 2012, 10:09 PM
I recall a video of Broomop hacking as early as the 2nd Alpha test. The moment he got on PSO2 he began hacking it.

He posted videos of himself speedhacking back in April, but he took them down.

Vylera
Jul 5, 2012, 10:13 PM
I spend a whole day without AC (not the cash shop currency) or internet and come back on to see a maintanence until 4 AM.

I think I'm going to shoot my leg with weak bullet and have a hunter heavenly fall me into the dust.

TerminalMontage
Jul 5, 2012, 10:23 PM
I never said we're a significantly big group, or that we pull in the big bucks. But small as we may be, SEGA is still making money off us (I say "us" but I actually mean everyone else, I'm not even playing right now), and it'd make no business sense whatsoever to do an IP block.
They'd lose some profit, small as it may be, and they'd very likely piss off the biggest PSO community outside of Japan, which could pretty well hurt their international release when they finally get around to announcing the damn thing.

Also, as far as US/EU player numbers guesstimates go, I'd go with Zyrusticae's; it's still nothing more than a guesstimate, but s/he has at least put some maths and statistics behind it, so I'm inclined to think it's the most accurate one we have (by which I don't mean it's very accurate, mind you; it's still mostly guesswork, so it could be wildly off).

If we're they're biggest community they would be smart not to localize. Unless, they can advertise well.. I wonder if they learned how to advertise since the Dreamcast..

Aszutai
Jul 5, 2012, 10:30 PM

The problem being that we're not sure if they'll even bother with an international release, it's just a number game from the business perspective. And even if it does make sense profit wise for an international release, the idea can end up getting canned for variety of very stupid reasons...

As for an IP ban, it's not an issue now since they're mostly ignoring our presence. Now mind you but I haven't seen any hackers yet, but then again I just started playing yesterday. Based on what I've gathered on the forums, it could be trouble if the hackers continue to raise a racket, I don't think they mind people hacking as much as they mind the hackers raising a commotion over it and pissing off a lot of the players. That's when they'll probably take action to cut off the IP and get rid of us (trying to anyways). Since now we're harming their profit; comparing the the amount of player quitting due to "unchecked hacking" vs the small bit of profit that we put in probably isn't enough to worth the trouble to keep us around.

astro9866
Jul 5, 2012, 10:32 PM
Im fine with paying for premium and stuff if it means i get to play this game, its well worth the price now that i canceled my PSU JP and PSU US account.

Kylie
Jul 5, 2012, 10:45 PM
Honestly can't see an IP ban, never happened on PSU or before that either.

Broomop's been doing this for as long as I can remember, so him doing this in PSO2 doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

The other reason I can't see an IP ban is that any hacking won't be purely by Western players. Though they may not like to admit it, there are JP script kiddies/hackers as well.

I wouldn't be too worried.

Famous last wordsI don't think there will be a block, either. And, I just bought AC... :-(

BogusKun
Jul 5, 2012, 10:48 PM
People freak out about the weirdest things sometimes.

pikachief
Jul 5, 2012, 11:06 PM
on maintenance related news: after trying since the beta first opened, my friend was finally able to start up the game! (he had countless problems for weeks)

I told him i could help him unlock caves before maintenance. Sadly we hit a bump in the road when he couldnt get any of his client orders to complete for 3 hours!! i finally told him to send me a pic. After insisting repeatedly after every run that he had accepted the clients, I saw in his pic that all of his clients still had a big red exclamation mark -_-

So we rushed the speed run of the 2 forest missions for Free Field Forest (the first one we had to try 3 times) and in 4 full forest runs, he got 0 of the 2 items he needed to proceed :/

We'd been playing for 5 hours or so and he was used to finding S ranks and lvling up super fast in PSU so he was getting impatient and bored of Forest, especially not even have fought a boss yet. So I decided to run him through forest free field anyways before servers went down.

Got to the rock bears. I killed one in like 30 seconds (lvl 17 Ranger) and the other one wouldnt turn and face me >.> But by his feet was my first RARE in the game! I was so excited! It's a talis i cant use or sell but whatever :D

I turned back to at least get the 1st rockbear's items and maintenance happened :(

But I can't wait to get back on and check to see what this talis is :)

Squall179
Jul 5, 2012, 11:14 PM
Throwing card, if my memory serves. Weapon for forces from the original PSO, Not bad for your first rare, heh!

OMGOSHlol
Jul 5, 2012, 11:15 PM
IP BLOCK
>Block
>>BLOCK

BLOCK.

GrandTickler
Jul 5, 2012, 11:46 PM
IP BLOCK

Sega's brand new Emergency Code: Go F*** yourself! :D

i'd go crazy if they do that lol

eharima
Jul 6, 2012, 04:48 AM
hahah dosent matter if they IP block, VPN is nothing hard.

Looks like they didnt even patch the exploits, just changed some address pointers HURR DUHH SEGA GG

White Midnight
Jul 6, 2012, 05:01 AM
Looks like they didnt even patch the exploits, just changed some address pointers HURR DUHH SEGA GG

I doubt they will fix these for some time, knowing Sega's track record. This is why there is a post urging players to submit screenshots of suspicious activity.

Why anyone would need to even take advantage of these exploits is pathetic all the same.