PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated, anyone have any ideas

StrikerZero
Jul 5, 2012, 06:09 AM
So last night I caught wind that PSO2 was out, imagine my excitement as I had no idea I was going to be able to play this early.

So I make my Sega ID and go to the download page. When I click the button it just sits there and does nothing. SO I waited a bit and still no download. So I try different browsers, firefox and IE, and I get the same result. I searched the internet and someone mentioned that they could only download something through a proxy.

So I tried this and it worked! So I start up the downloader and when I click the big button it says "Checking.." for a while followed by an error that says ????? HTTP ?????????????[12525]

I looked up the error and apparently this error means that some server is down and cant be accessed at this time. So I figured that I would just have to wait it out.

BUT an hour later my friend tells me that he was just able to get the downloader and was already downloading the launcher. I try again and have the same problems.

So I'm here sort of as a last resort since I cant find anyone else with this problem

PLEASE help, I really want to play this game...

(I guess I should also mention that I tried this on different devices as well to the same result)

Shadownami92
Jul 5, 2012, 06:12 AM
Do you have Japanese set up in your Firefox Language options?

StrikerZero
Jul 5, 2012, 06:19 AM
I'm using chrome, which translates everything automatically. Is firefox necessary?

burende
Jul 5, 2012, 08:03 AM
you might need to add Japanese as a language in Chrome, if its translating automatically then you need to add it, Settings> advanced settings> languages> add Japanese to the language and spell checker. when you do this chrome will no longer translate auto. you need to right click and translate page.

jOhMG
Jul 5, 2012, 08:10 AM
I had no problem downloading without a proxy enabled. I would try taking that off first. The launcher itself should have nothing to do with chrome or firefox other than the initial download. If you still have problems I would try and find a site that mirrors the client. I know on the PSO2 guides on bumped they list a few alternates.
I myself have both firefox and chrome. The only thing I made sure to do was enable Japanese in the language settings of both browsers. My computer has no language packs on it other then English and as I said before I have no problem.
If you can't ever connect, I would try starting the patcher every 15 minutes or so until you are successful. I mean the full game did just launch and the servers are swamped as is. There might just be to many people trying to patch.
Good luck and I hope something I said helped.

StrikerZero
Jul 5, 2012, 06:57 PM
Okay so first off, a thanks is in order to jOhMG since I found the alternate downloads you were talking about and they seemed to work.

Found 'em Right here: http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-guide-list/

So now I have the game installed but when I start it up it loads gamegaurd, brings up a black game screen then throws an error at my face that I cant read. The error is in the form of a small windows dialog box with a red "X" in the middle, I press an Okay button and the game closes.

When I click the the third button down on the launcher, which is supposed to be a file check, it starts to load for a bit then gives me another error message that looks just like the picture in this thread:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194569

I've disabled my firewall and antivirus but it hasn't helped.

I know I'm asking a lot here but I just wanna play so bad! Please help me out here if you have any ideas.

TRICKST3R
Jul 5, 2012, 07:06 PM
I had to use VPN to download the client through the downloader, but I eventually gave up due to the slow speed and just downloaded it in .rar form from another link.

StrikerZero
Jul 5, 2012, 07:08 PM
did the rar you downloaded work for you? As in, is the game up and running?

If it is would you mind posting a link for me?

TRICKST3R
Jul 5, 2012, 07:10 PM
did the rar you downloaded work for you? As in, is the game up and running?

If it is would you mind posting a link for me?

I could make an archive of my client when I get home for you.

StrikerZero
Jul 5, 2012, 07:11 PM
That would be great! Thank you