PDA

View Full Version : Best way to Farm rares?

SkinnyPso2
Jul 5, 2012, 10:38 AM
Should i jus run around trying to spawn duels or do they drop of any creature randomly
? Been trying to find that Wing launcher and it almost seems impossible

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 5, 2012, 10:44 AM
Should i jus run around trying to spawn duels or do they drop of any creature randomly
? Been trying to find that Wing launcher and it almost seems impossible

you need to get into a good multi party and get cross bursts. pse bursts another pseburst from another group makes a cross burst i think

drop rates go higher and mobs spawn like crazy. more mobs + higher drop rate = best chance for rares.

keep testing your luck ducking in and out of multiparty areas. unfortunately most people don't stick together in them even though if they all did, they'd all massively benefit :/

jOhMG
Jul 5, 2012, 11:05 AM
Try and get +100% rare drop items as well. You can get them in the AC scratch offs I believe. Atleast I think so, because I just got a +100% but I'm not sure if it's the item that'll be offered in the arks cash shop.

youcantcatchtheblue
Jul 5, 2012, 11:09 AM
you need to get into a good multi party and get cross bursts. pse bursts another pseburst from another group makes a cross burst i think

drop rates go higher and mobs spawn like crazy. more mobs + higher drop rate = best chance for rares.

keep testing your luck ducking in and out of multiparty areas. unfortunately most people don't stick together in them even though if they all did, they'd all massively benefit :/

I just wish there was a better way to multi-party...

The way the multi-party areas work right now just makes it hard for people to stick together. You can only see other parties on the small small map on your screen, so once you lose their location you're pretty much separated.

Zero_Virus_X
Jul 5, 2012, 11:15 AM
I just wish there was a better way to multi-party...

The way the multi-party areas work right now just makes it hard for people to stick together. You can only see other parties on the small small map on your screen, so once you lose their location you're pretty much separated.

I totally agree with this person, would be nice if each party had a color but id be fine even if we had 3 red dots/etc

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 5, 2012, 11:52 AM
yeah i'm agreeing with the comments made above as well. only seeing other players not in ur party on the small map is annoying

Phantasma
Jul 5, 2012, 12:54 PM
Wow, I'm surprised no one thought of tracking down the damage counters coming up from enemies being fought by people not in your party. It's pretty much the only thing you can do to keep up with people especially once you've solo-joined an 11/12 multiparty. It's 100% effective...at least for me.

thablinksta
Jul 5, 2012, 01:07 PM
Do you guys have weapons that you like to use when hunting for rares? As a hunter I like to use my wire lances since I can kill multiple enemies more easily.

Also, I have yet to find any decent hunter rares. All I find are those stupid gunslashes which suck. I've found some good FO weapons and a cool ranger rifle which is cool and all, but I want some of the sweet hunter weps that I see other people running around with =[

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 5, 2012, 01:34 PM
Wow, I'm surprised no one thought of tracking down the damage counters coming up from enemies being fought by people not in your party. It's pretty much the only thing you can do to keep up with people especially once you've solo-joined an 11/12 multiparty. It's 100% effective...at least for me.

i'm pretty sure everybody already does this. the only problem is it's not as efficient as just having dots on the map instead. sometimes you'll see the direction of the numbers so you try to head there, but there are two ways that seem like they'll lead you the right direction. if you haven't uncovered the entire map yet, you have the chance of running into a dead end and wasting time.

youcantcatchtheblue
Jul 5, 2012, 09:31 PM
also, there is no way of telling how many players are in the multi-party area at the same time (at least not that I know of)

You know how many people are in the quest when you join at the quest counter, but some of those people might be either at the camp ship, at single-party areas, at the boss, who knows what. So while you're frantically trying to find other parties in the multi-party area, NO ONE is actually there...

Crimson Exile
Jul 5, 2012, 09:37 PM
Do you guys have weapons that you like to use when hunting for rares? As a hunter I like to use my wire lances since I can kill multiple enemies more easily.

Also, I have yet to find any decent hunter rares. All I find are those stupid gunslashes which suck. I've found some good FO weapons and a cool ranger rifle which is cool and all, but I want some of the sweet hunter weps that I see other people running around with =[
Partisan with speed rain pa or a sword. Not a fan of the wired lance.

Sigmund
Jul 5, 2012, 09:49 PM
Afaik, Cross Burst happens when 2 types of PSE Burst triggers together.

PSE Bursts have different types, such as EXP, drop/meseta, spawn rate...

mhjc
Jul 5, 2012, 09:52 PM
Afaik, Cross Burst happens when 2 types of PSE Burst triggers together.

PSE Bursts have different types, such as EXP, drop/meseta, spawn rate...

Not necessarily together. Just having another PSE hit burst status triggers a cross burst.
There's a limit of how many bursts you can have, so you can't cross burst infinitely. I'm not sure if there's a limit on "one more" though.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 5, 2012, 09:57 PM
another thing you can do (and i did this with 11 others a not long ago) is have one party start a mission until they get into a multiparty by themselves, then have the leaders of the other 2 teams attempt to join them in progress, the join button will be grayed out, so click the one below that (says link to party i think in moon-runes) and start mission, have 3 teams of 4 from a single guild or something, have no issue running multi-parties then, too bad my Team isn't quite big enough for that yet+^_^+

Silenttank
Jul 5, 2012, 10:25 PM
another thing you can do (and i did this with 11 others a not long ago) is have one party start a mission until they get into a multiparty by themselves, then have the leaders of the other 2 teams attempt to join them in progress, the join button will be grayed out, so click the one below that (says link to party i think in moon-runes) and start mission, have 3 teams of 4 from a single guild or something, have no issue running multi-parties then, too bad my Team isn't quite big enough for that yet+^_^+

Something else you can do is do what you're doing, but everyone goes individually with A.I.'s in their party. It's obviously not as effective, but if you only have 3 people then it's something to consider.

BogusKun
Jul 5, 2012, 10:37 PM
Double tap "Auto-Run" to follow the person closest to you.

For me I tap "V" key twice.

supersonix9
Jul 5, 2012, 10:40 PM
You get lucky. That's it. Kill 'n pray.

Yunfa
Jul 5, 2012, 11:34 PM
Using the +5% Item Drop goes a long way in my opinion, I constantly use rare weapons with that affix.

Scarlet_Rain
Jul 6, 2012, 12:26 AM
Maybe if 12/12 mutliparty with +5% rare drop(at least) would probably be interesting(assuming it works)

side-note, I believe the FUN scratch only drops +50% meseta and exp not drop rate.

mhjc
Jul 6, 2012, 12:33 AM
Maybe if 12/12 mutliparty with +5% rare drop(at least) would probably be interesting(assuming it works)

side-note, I believe the FUN scratch only drops +50% meseta and exp not drop rate.

Fun scratch has never had drop rate items in it. The whole list has been available since pre-open and it was never listed, thus it never drops from there.

Scarlet_Rain
Jul 6, 2012, 01:05 AM
Try and get +50% rare drop items as well. You can get them in the scratch offs I believe. Atleast I think so, because I just got a +50% but I'm not sure if it's the item that'll be offered in the arks cash shop.

in response to that ^. forgot to quote whoops.

jOhMG
Jul 6, 2012, 02:01 AM
in response to that ^. forgot to quote whoops.

I never said if it was FUN or AC. You just assumed you know what happens when we assume.
3/4ths down the page (http://pso2.jp/players/catalog/scratch/ac/)

youcantcatchtheblue
Jul 6, 2012, 02:33 AM
I never said if it was FUN or AC. You just assumed you know what happens when we assume.
3/4ths down the page (http://pso2.jp/players/catalog/scratch/ac/)

Holy Sh*#..... Rare Drop +100%???

That is so unfair (T^T) I will most likely end up using a lot of AC scratches to try and get that and become an addict for life