PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble with “Subdue Caterdran”

Flame
Jul 5, 2012, 01:07 PM
Lv 16 HUcast here. I'm having a lot of trouble nabbing that S rank under 16 min for Coffee's client order. The multiparty field always spams me with interrupt events (interrupt:collect is the biggest time sponge) and I always end up not having QUITE enough time for the boss. On the off chance that I've picked the quickest route to the transporter and beat the quest under the time limit, I'm usually awarded an A instead of an S. How does the ranking system work with regards to felled enemies percentage? In the times which I got A's and B's I didn't avoid any enemies and was diligent in killing anything that spawned. It feels like there's something I'm missing given that this client order should be no more difficult than the previous ones. Suggestions? Tips?

OpheliaInfinity
Jul 5, 2012, 02:55 PM
We know getting an S rank depends on the number of player deaths and enemy kills throughout the mission... we just don't know how much enemies yet x:

Are you going with a group? The greatest suggestion I can offer is to tackle it with a 3 or 4 player party. You clean up enemies fast and the Slinky takes 1-2 mins tops to kill :3

Ultie
Jul 5, 2012, 02:59 PM
for the ranking thing i "think" each enemy type is worth xpoints and each stage has a different target.

for soloing it i suggest just upgrading your gear, grind your weapon up, or get help from some people.
If your on ship2 send me a message and ill come help, character i'm usually on is called Dave, and game id is SUPERMEGAULTRA

Nibelungenlied
Jul 5, 2012, 08:40 PM
My suggestion is to take a full party. As far as events go in the multiparty area, have your party split up so that you find the exit in the quickest manner. With a full party you run the risk of getting an extra Catardran, so I suggest leaving yourself around 6 minutes to kill him.

Also as a quicktip for this and any other problem you may encounter, just skip the first stage as much as you can. You'll gain far more points in the second.

Dumpling
Jul 6, 2012, 01:07 AM
I'm trying to do this too. On ship 10 so give me a shout if you want to team up.

Char name Melody.

darkante
Jul 6, 2012, 01:50 AM
I agree with enemy type giving different points.

In one run i massacred alot of small fries which gave me an A.
The other run i killed more bigger guys, but less enemies then the previous run and that gave me a S.

aduran
Jul 6, 2012, 01:56 AM
soloing takes a few tries until you get better and lucky. ignore as many codes as posible(if possible) or do it with someone at a higher level

MrShoestore
Jul 6, 2012, 07:22 AM
I'm trying to do this too. On ship 10 so give me a shout if you want to team up.

Char name Melody.

if you are still trying to do this tonight I can probably give you a hand.

Omega-z
Jul 6, 2012, 09:19 AM
When I was watching the Kill's it seemed to go by EXP of the monster and Code event's So 700 EXP to S rank. It also fit's to what everyone else is saying to with the large foe's giving more point's. To get those points in time is base off of location and giving yourself enough end time with the boss. I would recommend to use a Ice elemental weapon with a Poison Affix with it since it can give you a faster kill with the boss then freezing it.

Dumpling
Jul 6, 2012, 10:36 AM
@MrShoeStore
Thanks for the kind offer but I did it at last!! And with an infected boss..literally killed it on the 16 mins..I had 0 seconds to spare lol. I'm sure would have been easier in a group as many have suggested.

gigawuts
Jul 6, 2012, 10:39 AM
I was about to offer some help as well, but grats on getting it done. Satisfying to squash that thing isn't it?