PDA

View Full Version : Quests that give SP

Sonido
Jul 5, 2012, 02:35 PM
Looking at the Hunter Tree Skill Sim, I noticed at the top it says " Quest SP" and its numbered 1-5 going downward. Are there quests that give extra SP and if so, which ones are they?

Abu Jumal
Jul 5, 2012, 03:21 PM
It's the one given by Jean that has a +5 near the end of the moonrunes in the description. It's something like kill 5 Lvl. 21+ Ragnes and Rappies if i'm not mistaken.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 5, 2012, 03:53 PM
It's the one given by Jean that has a +5 near the end of the moonrunes in the description. It's something like kill 5 Lvl. 21+ Ragnes and Rappies if i'm not mistaken.

given by jean? wut.

are you sure you don't mean oza? or does jean give +5 skill points too?! o_o

Sonido
Jul 5, 2012, 05:54 PM
I did all the Oza quests, but I don't see any that tell give me the 5 SP, do I have to be lvl 30 for it to show up, I'm currently 28.

gigawuts
Jul 5, 2012, 05:57 PM
given by jean? wut.

are you sure you don't mean oza? or does jean give +5 skill points too?! o_o

Each class gets it from a different NPC, but I thought Lisa was the go-to ranger client and even read Lisa gives out SP. Do both Lisa AND Jean give out ranger SP?

Sonido
Jul 5, 2012, 06:03 PM
Can any Hunters out there give any feedback on this? Well assuming Ohza is the go-to NPC for Hunters, I've completed all his quests, but there isn't a new one rewarding the 5 SP, my guess is that I have to be a certain lvl for it show up. Is that how it showed up for the Ranger's NPC?

gigawuts
Jul 5, 2012, 06:06 PM
I was level 30 when the game officially launched and saw it without even raising the cap. I haven't completed all his quests either, it was just right there ready for the taking.

Also, you need to use the partisan. I killed a few rare rappies with a sword and was wondering why I wasn't getting credit, but then I realized the guy loves partisans and sure enough, partisan kills on rare rappies and wild ragne spawns got credit.

Sonido
Jul 5, 2012, 06:12 PM
Ah ok so you probably do need to be lvl 30, im sure that quest wasn't there for you during OB. The rare rappies are the female ones right?

Darki
Jul 5, 2012, 06:17 PM
What are the requirements for the Force quest from Maloo then? I can only tell that it says I gotta kill 7 rappies (chibi versions, not Nab Nappies from Forest only) and 5 Dark Ragnes. But I've killed a couple of each and they don't seem to add up to the count, so there must be an extra trquirement that I cannot translate.

gigawuts
Jul 5, 2012, 06:20 PM
Ah ok so you probably do need to be lvl 30, im sure that quest wasn't there for you during OB. The rare rappies are the female ones right?

I don't know about their gender, but they have big heads, show up in every area as a rare enemy, and frequently drop grinders. Also they sing at you instead of attacking you. I don't know what they're usually called by the community, I just call them rare rappies.

edit: Also you're right, I only started seeing it at launch.

What are the requirements for the Force quest from Maloo then? I can only tell that it says I gotta kill 7 rappies (chibi versions, not Nab Nappies from Forest only) and 5 Dark Ragnes. But I've killed a couple of each and they don't seem to add up to the count, so there must be an extra trquirement that I cannot translate.

If hunters need to use partisans, it's fair to assume all of them require a certain weapon. Try using whichever weapon you usually don't.

Sonido
Jul 5, 2012, 06:29 PM
Okay, i'll confirm this tonight, thanks for all your help, you've been awesome!

pikachief
Jul 5, 2012, 06:30 PM
idk what Maloo requires but Hunters require Partisians and Rangers require Launchers.

Darki
Jul 5, 2012, 06:32 PM
Unless it requires to kill things with a gunslash or actually whacking things with the rod or talis, I'd swear I've killed rappies with the talis and the rod. Might check with the talis again just in case, anyways.

gigawuts
Jul 5, 2012, 06:42 PM
Hmm, maybe it's the regular attack it means? That would be pretty awful, if it was. Or maybe it's a certain tech type, like grants/gigrants since she gives you those?

Darki
Jul 5, 2012, 06:45 PM
Rappies might be, but SEGA would have to hate Forces with mighty passion if they intended us to kill 5 Dark Ragnes whacking them with the rod, lol.

Vashyron
Jul 5, 2012, 06:47 PM
With all the CO which tell you to kill X with Y weapon, all you have to do is have the weapon out when X dies.

Crimson Exile
Jul 5, 2012, 06:48 PM
Can any Hunters out there give any feedback on this? Well assuming Ohza is the go-to NPC for Hunters, I've completed all his quests, but there isn't a new one rewarding the 5 SP, my guess is that I have to be a certain lvl for it show up. Is that how it showed up for the Ranger's NPC?
Lvl 30 bro. Kill 5 ragne and 7 crappy(the uncommon rappy) with spear

Darki
Jul 5, 2012, 06:55 PM
I'll try doing it with the talis this time for the FO one.

mhjc
Jul 5, 2012, 07:09 PM
I'll try doing it with the talis this time for the FO one.

It is definitely Talis. I got it on my force already, hence the 27 skill points I have to decide on how to spend.

Lil' bit of proof: [spoiler-box]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/JC2900/PSO2/pso20120705_101024_091.jpg[/spoiler-box]

RocSage
Jul 5, 2012, 07:15 PM
Ok so are those points given to all the classes or just the particular class that you complete the order on? Or is it they go directly to the given class that it is for?

Darki
Jul 5, 2012, 07:24 PM
In the client order it states "force skilltree", so they should be class restricted. If not then you could actually get 15 extra points if you worked your way to level 30 and did these quests with all classes, with, now that I think about it, would be an awesome reward for the effort.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 5, 2012, 08:49 PM
With all the CO which tell you to kill X with Y weapon, all you have to do is have the weapon out when X dies.

Nice. So I can just stick with my primary weapon, then switch to the other weapon during the death animation then and it will count? Also, where is the best place to find Dark Ragne anyway? I've never actually fought one yet.

BIG OLAF
Jul 5, 2012, 08:50 PM
I did all the Oza quests, but I don't see any that tell give me the 5 SP, do I have to be lvl 30 for it to show up, I'm currently 28.

How do you even get Oza (or any NPCs besides the 'basic' few) to give Client Orders? I'm at a loss.

Crimson Exile
Jul 5, 2012, 08:52 PM
How do you even get Oza (or any NPCs besides the 'basic' few) to give Client Orders? I'm at a loss.
Client orders are sometimes unlock by finishing other orders, matter board, and your level.

Scarlet_Rain
Jul 5, 2012, 08:56 PM
In the client order it states "force skilltree", so they should be class restricted. If not then you could actually get 15 extra points if you worked your way to level 30 and did these quests with all classes, with, now that I think about it, would be an awesome reward for the effort.

hehe, was just thinking that. too bad.

Phantasma
Didn't even know matterboard mattered (bad pun, must be used twice). I'm still on board 1 accidentally completing parts of it. I'll pay it some attention in twoooo mooooore levels :3

mhjc

Huh? Orza, Maloo, and Lisa are all basic NPCs.
The only reason I can think of as to why you haven't gotten those quests, is because you haven't finished their primary quests.

One you associate your class with, lets say Nass is Hunter. So you're associated with Orza. He should give you quests if you finish your first 3 with him, they are "training" quests so to speak.

The other two, you have to talk to them as their respective class and then do the training quests with them.

After you've done your training with them, you have to do a quest with them (no other NPCs, but players are fine) and S rank it. Usually it is the Free Volcano mission from my recollection.

Once you've done that, they are quite taken with you (their greetings change) and then once you hit 30, you should unlock the SP points quest.

If you still haven't unlocked them... I can only suspect you never did Afin's COs, but I never had to do them to unlock these 3 NPCs.

Ok so are those points given to all the classes or just the particular class that you complete the order on? Or is it they go directly to the given class that it is for?

They are definitely class restricted. I didn't get any progress on Orza's because I wasn't using partisan, and my Hunter tree didn't gain 5 points after my force tree did.

EDIT:

Client orders are sometimes unlock by finishing other orders, matter board, and your level.

The only one that comes to mind is Rojio's. I can't think of any COs that do require it. This was definitely true during the closed beta and such, but SEGA answered fans responses that they don't want the story to be forced upon them just to do quests.

BIG OLAF
Jul 5, 2012, 09:04 PM
Huh? Orza, Maloo, and Lisa are all basic NPCs.
The only reason I can think of as to why you haven't gotten those quests, is because you haven't finished their primary quests.

One you associate your class with, lets say Nass is Hunter. So you're associated with Orza. He should give you quests if you finish your first 3 with him, they are "training" quests so to speak.

The other two, you have to talk to them as their respective class and then do the training quests with them.

After you've done your training with them, you have to do a quest with them (no other NPCs, but players are fine) and S rank it. Usually it is the Free Volcano mission from my recollection.

Once you've done that, they are quite taken with you (their greetings change) and then once you hit 30, you should unlock the SP points quest.

If you still haven't unlocked them... I can only suspect you never did Afin's COs, but I never had to do them to unlock these 3 NPCs.

Hm. Maybe I should go back to square one.

Who is Orza? Maybe I don't even know where to look. I don't think i've done any "training" quests. Also, I haven't done any of Afin's orders, and haven't touched the Matter Board past the first one.

CelestialBlade
Jul 5, 2012, 09:06 PM
Orza doesn't offer me any COs either, and I've been a Hunter the whole time.

IndigoNovember
Jul 5, 2012, 09:11 PM
Ohza is the Hunter with dark hair and a ponytail, who stands to one side of the elevator that takes you to the upper levels of the shopping area, he stands opposite to Marlu, the short Force with white hair.

Opy
Ohza (hunter)

一流ハンターを目指して New!
Objective: Defeat 7 Rappy and 5 Dark Ragne.
Requirements: With a Partisan on Lv 21+ enemies.
Notes: Dark Ragne and Rappies shows up randomly on all planets.
Prize: 5 Hunter Skill Points!

Maloo - (force)
一流フォースになるために
Requirements: With a Talis on Lv 21+ enemies.
Notes: Dark Ragne and Rappies shows up randomly on all planets.
Prize: 5 Force Skill Points!

Lisa - (ranger)
レンジャーに慣れましょうよお New!
Requirements: With a Launcher on Lv 21+ enemies.
Notes: Dark Ragne is the city boss that shows up randomly on all planets.
Prize: 5 Ranger Skill Points!

Source - http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-guide-list/

soulpimpwizzurd

some client orders are not given until you finish prior client orders. it's possible you have to finish all possible client orders with ouza before the skill point order, in combination with being lvl 30.

also not all npcs give client orders. the ones that do though are generally unlocked by level, acquisition of hard mode, etc.

perhaps you could shed more light on your trouble and more people would be able to assist you big

BIG OLAF
Jul 5, 2012, 09:13 PM
perhaps you could shed more light on your trouble and more people would be able to assist you big

I thought I did with my last post.

AlMcFly
Jul 5, 2012, 09:14 PM
I have not finished the first Matterboard (65%) but I did reach 30 this morning and Lisa had this quest for me. Also, I've completed a limited number of Client Orders. I think this is based mostly on level (Unless I just happened to finish the right quest).

I thought I did with my last post.

Click on my guide advertised above my signature to see pictures of all the Clients.

BIG OLAF
Jul 5, 2012, 09:18 PM
Click on my guide advertised above my signature to see pictures of all the Clients.

Oh, so this (http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s504/AlMcFly/Menu%20Translation%20Thread/ClientOrder-Oza.gif) is Oza? yeah, he doesn't have any orders for me. Never has.

mhjc
Jul 5, 2012, 09:21 PM
Oh, so this (http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s504/AlMcFly/Menu%20Translation%20Thread/ClientOrder-Oza.gif) is Oza? yeah, he doesn't have any orders for me. Never has.

Yes, and that's odd. You should have quests from him. You should probably greet him, at least.

I'd try this:

Do any Afin quests (if they relate to Force, no need) that are available.
Next, do any of Zeno's and Echo's quests. These three should unlock Orza COs for you, and the rest of the family. The only other one I can think of is Jean, but I'm pretty sure I had every NPC card (except Lisa) at lv7 from doing those 3's COs.

CelestialBlade
Jul 5, 2012, 09:22 PM
Yes, and that's odd. You should have quests from him. You should probably greet him, at least.

I'd try this:

Do any Afin quests (if they relate to Force, no need) that are available.
Next, do any of Zeno's and Echo's quests. These three should unlock Orza COs for you, and the rest of the family.
I'll have to give this a shot too. That's the dood I was thinking of but he's never had any COs for me either. Really weird.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 5, 2012, 09:23 PM

that's what i get for not reading the entire thread. people have also posted all solutions i'd say as well, so have at when the servers come back online

GoldenFalcon
Jul 5, 2012, 09:27 PM
You people with client issues did receive Matter Board, right? That's all I can think of

Crimson Exile
Jul 5, 2012, 09:27 PM
I'll have to give this a shot too. That's the dood I was thinking of but he's never had any COs for me either. Really weird.
He's the hunter trainer. He unlocks after you do an affline quest you need to be at least level 2 hunter to get 3more orders from him.

BIG OLAF
Jul 5, 2012, 09:33 PM
You people with client issues did receive Matter Board, right? That's all I can think of

Yup. I have the 1st Matter Board 100% completed. Matter Board 2 only has like 3 objectives done on it.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 5, 2012, 09:37 PM
Yup. I have the 1st Matter Board 100% completed. Matter Board 2 only has like 3 objectives done on it.

Then go receive tutorial kid's partner card, I guess
in 5 and a half hours

Crimson Exile
Jul 5, 2012, 09:43 PM
Yup. I have the 1st Matter Board 100% completed. Matter Board 2 only has like 3 objectives done on it.Do you do the client orders you have? I try to do all of the client orders that are not collecting. The collect orders usually get done over time. I try to always have my orders at max making sure none of them have a request overhead. Max orders are 20 I think.

Brimcon
Jul 5, 2012, 09:51 PM
I don't know about their gender, but they have big heads, show up in every area as a rare enemy, and frequently drop grinders. Also they sing at you instead of attacking you. I don't know what they're usually called by the community, I just call them rare rappies.

They are called Rappies, as in the old Rappies from PSO. The other Rappies are Nab Rappies.

gigawuts
Jul 5, 2012, 09:59 PM
They are called Rappies, as in the old Rappies from PSO. The other Rappies are Nab Rappies.

And that's pretty unspecific, so I'll just keep calling them rare rappies. That's the first time someone didn't know what I meant.

BIG OLAF
Jul 5, 2012, 10:04 PM
And that's pretty unspecific, so I'll just keep calling them rare rappies. That's the first time someone didn't know what I meant.

I call them "The Rappies from Phantasy Star Zero."

Because they are.

....and yes, I really say that whole thing. Almost every time.

Vylera
Jul 5, 2012, 10:07 PM

It's not unspecific at all.

The direct translation of their name is simply Rappy.

And the "normal" looking ones are Nab-Rappy.

Not like I have a problem with "rare rappy," but that's the official name.

All that nonsense aside, glad to hear that there's a whole free 5 SP waiting for us at level 30.

Leyline
Jul 7, 2012, 06:58 PM
If I do the 5 SP quest, then buy a new skill tree, will my new skill tree have the bonus +5 ??

Mike
Jul 7, 2012, 09:16 PM
If I do the 5 SP quest, then buy a new skill tree, will my new skill tree have the bonus +5 ??
It should.

gigawuts
Jul 7, 2012, 09:31 PM
It's not unspecific at all.

The direct translation of their name is simply Rappy.

And the "normal" looking ones are Nab-Rappy.

Not like I have a problem with "rare rappy," but that's the official name.

All that nonsense aside, glad to hear that there's a whole free 5 SP waiting for us at level 30.

Right, but so many games have had so many different kinds of rappies that as far as anyone I've ever met is concerned "rappy" refers to any and all of them when in the actual game - both common AND rare. "Rare rappy" is pretty darn specific, but is also generic enough that people will understand (love rappy, pal rappy, al rappy, this game's big headed rappy, PSZ's rappies). I played PSZ so little that I don't even remember what the rappies looked like, most people I know didn't even know it exists.

Not to mention that not everyone can read the text in the game, or has ever looked up the information. At this stage for me it's less about being technically correct (the best kind of correct) and more about making it so most players will understand with a decently brief term.

But this is just semantics, and I hate semantics (despite how often I get into them).

I've just finished the quest and I do like the free SP. If anyone is having any trouble finding players for the city quest let me know, I'll be happy to help speed run the city quest with ragne at the end. The one without ragne can still get ragne in the multiparty area though, and he tends to be easier to take down because of the extra players.

eharima
Jul 7, 2012, 09:42 PM
Rappies ...
De-railing threads everywhere.

Cla
Jul 8, 2012, 12:50 AM
Each class gets it from a different NPCCan you complete the Client Order that gives you SP, but then switch to a different Type before you go to receive the reward and have THAT Type get the extra SP instead?

I've noticed this DOES work with Type-specific Orders that give EXP as a reward. So who's to say it doesn't work with SP too?

Ana-Chan
Jul 8, 2012, 02:57 AM
No, because the client order says <Class> Skill Point +5. So it should add 5 SP to that specific skill tree, even if you switch to another class and complete it then. If not, this would be a bug and subject to fixing by Sega.