PDA

View Full Version : rare ore excavation

Hobbez
Jul 5, 2012, 02:38 PM
I just fiinished my 13th run of this mission since official release and I'm a bit stumped. The client order says S rank this in 22 mins but, only in one run I've had so far have the drills appeared before the 20 min mark. Actually, thats the only run out of 13 that the emergency code has even appeared. I got frustrated, so I came here and hit the handy dandy search function and found several threads about this problem.

Unfortunatly, none of those threads contain any real help at all. Exploring the whole map didnt help. Criss-crossing all the paths did'nt help. Going into all the funky corners didn't help. Basically, the only answer I've seen to this question is "be lucky". "Run around till you find it" just doesnt cut it when your trying to finish a timed quest.

I've read that Sega is looking into this quest, but in the meantime, does anyone have a more concrete answer to how to trigger this Emergency code?

FenixStryk
Jul 5, 2012, 02:44 PM
I had this problem. I can't say how to trigger them earlier, but if you have a 2-minute window to work with, teamwork could be your solution: get everyone to split up and activate every single one within the two-minute Code timeframe. As long as you can grab all ~6 or so in less than 90 seconds, you can get the Code to end before the timer does it for you.

It won't be easy, but it will be worth it.

renrinken
Jul 5, 2012, 08:03 PM
I am having issue with this as well, but time limit is 18 not 22 minutes. I seriously cant tell what triggers drills to appear, I fully explore last zone and nothing happens, they seem to randomly appear, usually at 22-25min mark.

CelestialBlade
Jul 5, 2012, 08:09 PM
The time limit for the client order is 18 minutes, not 22. The drills seem to be activated upon running to a certain area of the map as far as I can tell, so it just takes luck. Just be sure you have ample kills for an S-rank before moving into the last block.

Firehouse1983
Jul 5, 2012, 08:10 PM
Honestly (and I'm not trying to sound bad here), but it pretty much was luck, for me. I didn't get it until about 15 minutes into the mission and just cleared it with about 10 seconds to go. I tried about 15-20 times and finally had to get a few of my friends to join in and help. That quest made me go mad, haha.

StevoLime
Jul 5, 2012, 08:13 PM
actually, it is 22 minutes for the order, IF you are doing the Hard Mode client order for it. best thing to do is hav a team and get to block 3 at a decent time. Then split up. The more of the map you cover the faster you will find the code collect.

Sirius-91
Jul 5, 2012, 08:13 PM
It seems like it goes by faster with a party than it would solo, least it did when I had problems.

mhjc
Jul 5, 2012, 08:14 PM
I still don't get these purported glitches on the map. I will agree the triggers are pretty screwed up though, it can be a simple little pixel in a corner that one won't pass by naturally. In most cases, I just kill along the way. In some cases, the trigger seems to be clearing a mob wave. Even the first one I see. I recommend partying for this one, it is easier to hit the S rank requirement and get there on time.

Scarlet_Rain
Jul 5, 2012, 08:14 PM
Might not be the best help but if you get any code: collect it should finish the mission. It has for me a couple times without even being in 3rd area.

Firehouse1983
Jul 5, 2012, 08:15 PM
actually, it is 22 minutes for the order, IF you are doing the Hard Mode client order for it.

Ah, yes, I shoulda known...I haven't got there yet. Not leveled that high yet (lvl 18 ).

Hell, even on Normal mode, that mission sucked. Big time.

Zero_Virus_X
Jul 5, 2012, 08:23 PM
Try this, skip first 2 area, kill everything on the third.

mhjc
Jul 5, 2012, 08:26 PM
Might not be the best help but if you get any code: collect it should finish the mission. It has for me a couple times without even being in 3rd area.

No, it does not. I've found optional code collects in the 2nd map and completing them does nothing out of the ordinary.
Finding an optional one in the 3rd map would be totally screwy. Recall that an optional one will have pink/purple text associated with it.

Hobbez
Jul 6, 2012, 06:04 AM
I should have mentioned I was doing the hard mode client order with the 22 minute time limit. Thank you all for the suggestions. I've done this 5 more times since my OP without even seeing the EC at all. One run I hung around and killed mobs untill the 35 minute mark to burn up an +exp ticket and never got it. I really hope Sega figures this one out soon. I'm starting to feel like I'll never see tundra.

CelestialBlade
Jul 6, 2012, 06:11 AM
I guess I got lucky because I met the CO conditions on my first run, solo, with friend NPCs. I had to run around the last block for roughly 5 minutes before the Code: Collect initialized, but it did seem to be triggered by location. Good luck to you.

The funny thing is, I'm on my 5th attempt to meet the req for the other mission :lol: I keep missing S-rank by 40-60 points because I'm dumb and the little crystals love eluding me.

Hobbez
Jul 6, 2012, 06:46 AM
So, on try 19 I run into the 3rd block. I don't even get to the first intersection and hadnt even ran into any enimies yet and the EC pops up. I finish it without seeing a single monster in block 3. Luckily I ran into several EC: attack and an EC: duel in block 2 so I got the S rank in just under 13 mins. That's one bugy quest.

helel8012
May 3, 2013, 11:30 PM
Can some one inform me how to do this mission? The quest notification on the side for emergency code:collect shows me 2 objects (drills). I use the mash O (vita) technique but the charge bar raises then falls at a certain point. So I run over to the other one and charge that one. From then, I kept alternating between both drills they both fail and I failed the mission. How am I supposed to go about this quest?

Fijiwater
May 3, 2013, 11:42 PM
Can some one inform me how to do this mission? The quest notification on the side for emergency code:collect shows me 2 objects (drills). I use the mash O (vita) technique but the charge bar raises then falls at a certain point. So I run over to the other one and charge that one. From then, I kept alternating between both drills they both fail and I failed the mission. How am I supposed to go about this quest?

press the buttons when it is glowing only.

Grady219
May 3, 2013, 11:52 PM
This one is one of those ones that is much easier with a party of four. 4 people scoping out the map helps cut down a lot of time.

SociableTyrannosaur
May 3, 2013, 11:59 PM
easily doable solo. mashing when they're not lit makes the meter drop

blace
May 4, 2013, 12:08 AM
I take it that after the 4 posts above mine didn't care to look at the date?

Coatl
May 4, 2013, 12:47 AM
Well the person took the time to search up a thread which related to their problem. The least they could do is answer their plea.

blace
May 4, 2013, 12:50 AM
Most ignore the norm and make new threads. At least they didn't revive anything too crazy.

SociableTyrannosaur
May 4, 2013, 12:52 AM
I take it that after the 4 posts above mine didn't care to look at the date?

I looked, just decided not to make a stink about it this time.

Sayara
May 4, 2013, 12:59 AM
Its still asking a question so.. what of it?

WiredRayne
May 4, 2013, 01:24 AM
The question is answered, but we can keep necroing it for fun.

Coatl
May 4, 2013, 01:50 AM
wouldn't be PSO-W if we stopped now.

helel8012
May 4, 2013, 08:50 AM
Thanks guys. No i read the date. Just didn't wanna start a new thread about this if it already has been somewhat discussed.

gigawuts
May 4, 2013, 08:53 AM
In the future, give this thread a shot: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195866

It's there specifically for questions like this, we all use it from time to time :)