PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance discussion: What do you think the un-announced weapons will be?

TheBlackMage
Jul 5, 2012, 08:08 PM
So for something for us to past the time as I'm sure everyone knows there will be 5 new weapons one of them has been listed as a Double Saber. What I want to know is what does everyone else think the 4 other weapons will be.

So far I'm pretty positive one might be the return of mechguns but being able to fire in multiple directions (light damage though) one in the direction your character is facing and another in the direction of the camera perhaps?

As for the other 3 I'm guessing slicers but with some new kind of catch to them no speculations on what I think it would be though. I'm going to be generic and guess daggers and finally perhaps the return of the PSO (sniper) rifle or another all class weapon.

What do you think we might see in future updates?

supersonix9
Jul 5, 2012, 08:09 PM
I'm guessing that it's going to be 2 pointless and boring Hunter weapon types, one Ranger wep, and one Force wep.

Kanore
I'm guessing that it's going to be 2 pointless and boring Hunter weapon types, one Ranger wep, and one Force wep.

whoa someone's angry at hunters

supersonix9
whoa someone's angry at hunters

Not at all. Hunter is my favorite class.

I'd just prefer something different other than 5 different re-hashes for claw-type weapons, or another name for a double saber.

pikachief
I know fists are in the game already. Picture proof of that and they said they'd add it.

I also hear that Dagger Wand and mechgun info is in the game itself so I'm gonna have to say Double Saber Fists Twin Dagger Wand and Mechgun.

EJ
Jul 5, 2012, 08:10 PM
Holy ray for my fomar!!!!!

Just dreaming though...maybe claws, sabers, shield and daggers?

Zyrusticae
Jul 5, 2012, 08:10 PM
I'm afraid I'm less interested in new weapons than I am in new techs.

And especially higher-level techs. I want to see tier 2 technic effects! Things got ridiculously over-the-top in PSU, I can scarcely imagine how ridiculous it'll get in PSO2...

supersonix9
Jul 5, 2012, 08:11 PM
sabers, shield

That's what we need. I'd like to see a defense-based weapon combo back like they had in Portable 2.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 5, 2012, 08:12 PM
Dbl saber, as has been announced, Knuckles, Twin Dagger, Twin machine guns, and a force weapon, maybe wands, but I don't think so because wands seem kind of pointless.

EDIT: So apparently wands are in the client data. Still seems pointless (unless they have faster casting and lower power, which makes sense.) but eh, we'll see.

Personally? Knuckles and shield/sword combo, please.

Firehouse1983
I was hoping for Twin Sabers...maybe I'll get my wish, sometime, hehe.

Scrub
Hoping that one of the new 'weapon types' might be the Wind or Dark element spell trees, since I'd rathe rhave that than a new force weapon type to be honest.

Unless the wind/dark spells were already confirmed for a certain time.

supersonix9
Jul 5, 2012, 08:13 PM
Handguns.

Sonido
Jul 5, 2012, 08:14 PM
Knuckles for sure, btw how long's Maintenance?

Micro
Jul 5, 2012, 08:14 PM
Hoping that one of the new 'weapon types' might be the Wind or Dark element spell trees, since I'd rathe rhave that than a new force weapon type to be honest.

New Photon Arts and Technics were listed along with the 5 new weapon types.

Zyrusticae
Jul 5, 2012, 08:15 PM

We are kindred spirits, you and I.

But yeah, new techs were already confirmed on the roadmap. (http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-japan-2012-road-map/) Hooray!

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 5, 2012, 08:15 PM
Seeing that I'm Ranger Main and we only have two weapons exclusive to ranger only... I'd hope for another ranger weapon....

serenade
Jul 5, 2012, 08:16 PM
new weapons prediction:

Double Saber
Knuckles
Slicer/Dagger
Cane/Whip (presuming they release at least 1 force weapon)
Twin Handgun (presuming they release at least 1 ranger weapon)

not sure i see them releasing a shotgun. what with the spread shot on the rifle acting as a shotgun attack.

mhjc
Jul 5, 2012, 08:17 PM
I want Sega to quit beating around the bush, copy Monhan directly, and give me Hammer for Hunter class.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 5, 2012, 08:18 PM
From what i was told the maint was until 9PM-4AM est.

I'm unsure what it's for though...anyone know?

Micro
Jul 5, 2012, 08:20 PM
I want Sega to quit beating around the bush, copy Monhan directly, and give me Hammer for Hunter class.

I'd cream my pants over a Monster Hunter style Hammer type in this game. :wacko:

moorebounce
Jul 5, 2012, 08:21 PM

Well the weekly maintenance wasn't supposed to happen until next wednesday. Since everybody has seen a rash of hacking my guess is to try and get that under control.

Ken_the_turtle
Jul 5, 2012, 08:22 PM

'Extraordinary maintenance scheduled time (Fri) 10:00 - 17:00 on June 7'

which I assume is what you said (I don't know EST) but the point is it's meant to go for 7 hours

TheBlackMage
Jul 5, 2012, 08:26 PM
I know fists are in the game already. Picture proof of that and they said they'd add it.

I also hear that Dagger Wand and mechgun info is in the game itself so I'm gonna have to say Double Saber Fists Twin Dagger Wand and Mechgun.

Ah I had forgot about the fists. : x

Hmm to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if that list were 100% accurate, although at least to me it seems unfair that the class that already had the most amount of weapons be granted even more weapons. I was hoping that hunters would get 1 and Rangers/Forces 2 so all classes would have 4 unique weapons but I doubt it. : x

I know we Forces have our techs but meh. *shrug*

r
Cane/Whip (presuming they release at least 1 force weapon)

It'd be interesting if the whip could be "infused" with the element of a tech so you could do some elemental melee damage.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 5, 2012, 08:28 PM
It'd be interesting if the whip could be "infused" with the element of a tech so you could do some elemental melee damage.

....That's actually an outstanding idea. I'd love to see this.

Micro
Jul 5, 2012, 08:29 PM
Elemental infused whips for Forces would be baller.

Swaggerjak
Jul 5, 2012, 08:29 PM
If shields were added, I'd switch my path to Hunter immediately. Shields were so much fun in PSZero

GoldenFalcon
Jul 5, 2012, 08:31 PM
If it IS wands, the obvious course of action is built-in double casting of techs, with low power and long downtime before the next tech, however this means that PP would be really hard to blow through

Wolfgrey666
Jul 5, 2012, 08:37 PM
Won't be a surprise at all if hunters get two weapons. Usually quite the favorite to dote on.I am quite set force wise because of cards being just so much better than club or rod anyway.

Cast from any point i want? Yes.Throw a card in the air and make long range aerial aoe possible? Heck yes. Use the cards to shoot spells in pincer angles and hit any point you want? Hell YES!

Would love a new force weapon nevertheless.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 5, 2012, 08:44 PM
Please be a new sword. Please be a new sword. Please be a new sword.

Wolfgrey666
Jul 5, 2012, 08:45 PM
Please be a new sword. Please be a new sword. Please be a new sword.

You have a greatsword and a partisan, you dont need another lol

Enforcer MKV
Jul 5, 2012, 08:49 PM
...ya know, I wouldn't be opposed to rangers getting a gatling gun.......

O.O OMG, PSO GATLING GUN. DO WANT! 0.0

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 5, 2012, 08:51 PM
You have a greatsword and a partisan, you dont need another lol

Pfft, lol. I can never have enough swords~!

TheBlackMage
Jul 5, 2012, 08:52 PM
I am quite set force wise because of cards being just so much better than club or rod anyway.

Cast from any point i want? Yes.Throw a card in the air and make long range aerial aoe possible? Heck yes. Use the cards to shoot spells in pincer angles and hit any point you want? Hell YES!

Would love a new force weapon nevertheless.

I was blown away at cards when I saw them but lately I haven't been using them that much, needs more time to set up attacks/buffs/ heals :x Usually I'm in the thick of the fight giving melee support with a gunslash or back with the rangers nuking with a rod. But for those times when I need to cast a Rafoie at a 90 degree angle...card all the way :P

[EDIT]

...ya know, I wouldn't be opposed to rangers getting a gatling gun.......

O.O OMG, PSO GATLING GUN. DO WANT! 0.0

I miss L&K 38 from BB @_@

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 5, 2012, 08:52 PM
Isn't PSO-World the big main english PSO site? How do you guys not know this stuff?

The game was datamined ages ago, we already know for a fact what the 5 unreleased weapon types are

-Double Saber (Theyre even shown in the jp art with the statement, they look more like swallows instead of double bladed lightsabers)
-Mechguns (aka twin mechguns like pso)
-Knuckles
-Twin Daggers (I forget if the technical name is just Daggers or Twin daggers)
-Wand

I made this account just to make this post lol. Hope you guys are enjoying your 'mature' lobby loving community full of tumblr and le reddit meme image chat spam on Ship 2. And apparently childish hacker kiddies! Hope you guys don't force Sega to IP block international players due to your immature antics, and screw it up for the rest of us. Have a good one

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 5, 2012, 08:54 PM
Isn't PSO-World the big main english PSO site? How do you guys not know this stuff?

The game was datamined ages ago, we already know for a fact what the 5 unreleased weapon types are

-Double Saber (Theyre even shown in the jp art with the statement, they look more like swallows instead of double bladed lightsabers)
-Mechguns (aka twin mechguns like pso)
-Knuckles
-Twin Daggers (I forget if the technical name is just Daggers or Twin daggers)
-Wand

I made this account just to make this post lol. Hope you guys are enjoying your 'mature' lobby loving community full of tumblr and le reddit meme image chat spam on Ship 2. And apparently childish hacker kiddies! Hope you guys don't force Sega to IP block international players due to your immature antics, and screw it up for the rest of us. Have a good one

My my, aren't you a friendly one? You sure know how to leave a first impression, don't ya?

TheBlackMage
Jul 5, 2012, 08:56 PM
My my, aren't you a friendly one? You sure know how to leave a first impression, don't ya?

Didn't you read the sign? D:
Don't feed the trolls. : x

Scionni
Jul 5, 2012, 08:58 PM
It would be neat to see a continuous beam rifle for rangers, similar to the sentinel beams in halo.

Ether
Jul 5, 2012, 09:00 PM
I wouldn't really be surprised if none of the new weapons could be used by current classes. The roadmap listed 3 new classes and 5 new weapon types as being part of the same update.

At the very least, especially for hunters, I would expect there to be a new hunter style class that is focused on single target damage rather than group control. Their skill tree will focus on dagger/double saber/knuckles. Not sure what a new ranger or force style class would look like though, if they only have one weapon to focus in.

TetsuyaHikari
Didn't you read the sign? D:
Don't feed the trolls. : x

Sorry, I'm illiterate. I thought it said, "Don't feed the tolls."

;w;

Tessu
I was hoping twin daggers would come back. They were pretty cool. However, it is mandatory that they make the sounds they made in PSU.

I was also wanting twin claws, though one of the wired lance weapons looks... kind of like claws? Anyway, I'm hoping they'll release a kitty paw-type weapon, either as a version of the wired lance or its own separate thing. They're just too cute.

Keyblade59
I'm liking the gatling gun idea, but how about Something like a Satellite laser weapon?

Also, a tractor beam would be a fun weapon, although it'd just resemble the Wired Lances.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 5, 2012, 09:03 PM
I'm liking the gatling gun idea, but how about Something like a Satellite laser weapon?
Lances.

so...what, bring back Heaven's punisher? OH! OH! WE COULD BRING BACK SUVs!

...N-no! Don't drag me away! Please! T.T

;)

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 5, 2012, 09:11 PM

If the majority of your community wasn't immature kids and egotistical elitist attention whores that only play for the sake of being idiotic braggarts(level 30,40 club much?) then I would not be so abrasive.

Theres a reason alot of players like me stay the hell away from the 'Main' english ships. Its because the main english community sucks. Unfortunately PSO world reminds me of the old main community in PSO, kids playing the game like robots to get to max level right away, for attention whore bragging rights and to farm kewl looking rares to attention whore even more. Now that lobbys show all your gear, this idiocy has been enabled even further. Its like they don't realize rares in this game are worthless novelty items for the most part, since they are inefficient as hell when it comes to meseta and grinder cost to see through to their full potential (which alot of times is worse than lower star weapons)

And then we have the other portion of the ship 2 community, Le reddit kids and Tumblr kids spamming memes and inappropriate and idiotic image chat symbols.

And then of course the idiotic hackers your community has given legendary amounts of attention to, are of course drawn to you since they know you'll talk about them all day and give them the attention they want. Lets start a countdown timer for when Sega will enstate an IP ban for people outside of their intended player base regions, cuz its gonna happen thanks to these idiots in the english community.

tl;dr The largest group of english players of PSO are a giant circle jerk ecosystem of attention whoring, so why would you expect a nice attitude from a player that plays this game seriously to enjoy it, as opposed to using it as a glorified 3d chatango room? Yes i know this doesnt apply to all of you, but you already knew that.

Anway I dont intend to derail a thread so I wont say anything else

MelancholyWitch
Jul 5, 2012, 09:15 PM
The shield sword idea combo sounds nice, could use a really good tank so Rangers can focus more on boss and hunters more on the monsters they spawn. It'd be interesting to see the enemy weapons too used as a combo like delsabers sword and shield (that one monster in caves that uses sword/shield) but seriously no hate towards hunters but aren't they the one class in the game atm that can use the most weapon types? seems a bit unfair to me. They get 4 when everyone else gets 3. So maybe if they do release sabers/shield have it so other classes can equip the sabers but not shields.

I'd really like to see a sniper rifle that weak bullet can be used with too, I don't like how we have our all-in-one rifle, kind makes me wonder if shotguns would even be released because of that, but I think a rifle that hits single targets should be doing more than aoe damage launchers... But anyways twin mechguns sound fun I guess I just how their PA's are interesting enough to use and maybe they will be really friendly with the TPS.

oh and for Forces...instead of wands I'd rather see books being used as a weapon type, kinda like the old Book of motav or whatever just not as a wand make it its' own weapon type.

Crimson Exile
Jul 5, 2012, 09:16 PM
I would love to see more pa's honestly. Duel sabers, axes, war hammers, katana

The Walrus
Jul 5, 2012, 09:18 PM
Personally all I really want to see are Double Sabers. Best weapon type in the series :3

Keyblade59
Jul 5, 2012, 09:19 PM
Something like Dancing Hitogata may fit in nicely in PSO2, I liked that whole concept of summoning things then sending them out to their doom, like Yoshi and his unborn children.

Lostbob117
Jul 5, 2012, 09:20 PM
I'm hoping for katanas.

KanekoSaya
Jul 5, 2012, 09:22 PM
How come I didn't hear about this... D:

TheBlackMage
Jul 5, 2012, 09:29 PM
oh and for Forces...instead of wands I'd rather see books being used as a weapon type, kinda like the old Book of motav or whatever just not as a wand make it its' own weapon type.

I'll bet at some point down the road we'll get a rare card weapon that will look like a book and when you throw a card it'll look like a page of the book...actually...I want that now and I don't even use cards that much. @_@

Archandes
Jul 5, 2012, 09:38 PM
Hoping for Twin Mechgun :D

Garnet_Moon
Jul 5, 2012, 09:39 PM
Crossbow or Shotfun please.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 5, 2012, 09:41 PM
If the majority of your community wasn't immature kids and egotistical elitist attention whores that only play for the sake of being idiotic braggarts(level 30,40 club much?) then I would not be so abrasive.

Oh look, guys. It looks like someone is playing their first online game. Let's all give him a rundown of how it works, okay?

Alright, for starters... there's always going to be people within the community of an online game which will be labelled as, "immature", "egotistical", or "elitist". That's simply because they want bragging rights for reaching the cap as soon as they can, obtaining the new rare first, whatever. Regardless of that, you should realize something here. Everyone gets enjoyment out of the game in a different manner.

You enjoy taking your time? That's great. So do I. However, I don't expect everyone else to play like I do, nor should you.

Theres a reason alot of players like me stay the hell away from the 'Main' english ships. Its because the main english community sucks. Unfortunately PSO world reminds me of the old main community in PSO, kids playing the game like robots to get to max level right away, for attention whore bragging rights and to farm kewl looking rares to attention whore even more. Now that lobbys show all your gear, this idiocy has been enabled even further. Its like they don't realize rares in this game are worthless novelty items for the most part, since they are inefficient as hell when it comes to meseta and grinder cost to see through to their full potential (which alot of times is worse than lower star weapons)

You sure that's the only reason you stay away? While you may not agree with someone's mentality, it's quite childish yourself to completely exclude yourself like that. You talk about others being "elitist", yet here you are showing signs of the exact thing you hate. You believe you're better than them and you don't want anything to do with them.

You need to understand how a community works. A community isn't just about accepting the good, it's about accepting the bad as well. Sure, you may not like how these other people play, but does that mean you just cut yourself off entirely from them? No. Why? Because not everyone is going to be like that.

It's hard to take your attention off of the bad when that is all you're focusing on. Take me for example. I have gripes with lobby dancers. Sure, I could just say, "Ya know what? Screw you guys! You're all a bunch of losers! I'm outta here" or whatever, but I won't. I just learn to deal with it because those kind of people are here to stay, much like you or myself. Excluding myself from the situation won't solve the problem. You may think it does, but it doesn't.

If they want to farm for rares or whatever, let them. It's not your place or my own to judge how they play the game. It's their time, not ours. Much like, they don't have the right to judge how we play the game either. I've had plenty of people give me crap during my days in PSU about how my character only used swords and nothing else.

"Doesn't that ever get boring?", "Swords are weak", "You're an idiot", etc.

I didn't let it get to me though because:

A. That's their opinion
B. I can play the game however I damn well please, within the rights of Sega's TOS

So, if they want to play the game as a "mindless robot", let them. You're free to do the same or not. Either is fine.

And then we have the other portion of the ship 2 community, Le reddit kids and Tumblr kids spamming memes and inappropriate and idiotic image chat symbols.

And then of course the idiotic hackers your community has given legendary amounts of attention to, are of course drawn to you since they know you'll talk about them all day and give them the attention they want. Lets start a countdown timer for when Sega will enstate an IP ban for people outside of their intended player base regions, cuz its gonna happen thanks to these idiots in the english community.

Now, while I may not agree with the symbol chat spam, I think the symbol chat itself is a nice idea. Of course, there will be players that abuse it, but unless you hang around the lobby all day, you're not going to have anything to complain about, really. Much like the lobby dancers that are idling, they're not really a problem unless you're sitting in the lobby (or trying to get in the block and can't because of them) looking at them.

Once again, quit focusing on just the bad stuff. Once you leave that lobby and go on the quest, you won't have to see the dancers or the symbol chat spam. So quit torturing yourself just to give yourself a reason to complain.

As for the hackers... while I may agree that they do not deserve the attention, the situation itself deserves attention. I think that's just something that needs to be tweaked a little. On one side of the coin, it certainly helps to name the person because keeping someone like that anonymous only does more harm than good, but on the other side of the coin, discussing what you saw occur is more important than who was doing it.

It means there is a flaw in the system. Patching that hole is more important than going on a wild goose chase for one person (or multiple). So yeah, I do agree that these guys shouldn't be treated as a celebrity, but of course they will be seen as such when their name is being related to the crime. You can't really hold that against the players for discussing it by keeping the name with the act so everyone has a full understanding of who to stay away from and/or report if they see the person.

tl;dr The largest group of english players of PSO are a giant circle jerk ecosystem of attention whoring, so why would you expect a nice attitude from a player that plays this game seriously to enjoy it, as opposed to using it as a glorified 3d chatango room? Yes i know this doesnt apply to all of you, but you already knew that.

Says the person who registered just to gloat about how much he knew and how much we should know. It seems to me that despite all of your bickering about the "attention whoring" other people do, you sure like to do it yourself with your vast amounts of knowledge and understanding of the community. I understand what you say doesn't apply to everyone, but I don't think having a "nice attitude" had anything to do with what you described.

So, a player that plays the game seriously can't have a nice attitude? Why not? I have a nice attitude. Also, who's to say other people aren't enjoying the game as well, glorified 3D chatango room or not?

You are in no position to decide who is enjoying this game, nor are you in a position to determine how the community stands as a whole. You're just a guy that registered recently to moan and complain about a community which apparently doesn't want anything to do with you because of your attitude, and after looking through what you've had to say, I can't honestly say I blame them.

Anway I dont intend to derail a thread so I wont say anything else

I guess you should have thought about that before going off on your tangent.

gravityvx
Jul 5, 2012, 09:44 PM
Whatever the hell heavens punisher was, I want that.

RocSage
Jul 5, 2012, 09:45 PM
I believe the unknown weapon will be Batman or Wolverine.

Keyblade59
Jul 5, 2012, 09:49 PM
Whatever the hell heavens punisher was, I want that.

Its a PSO 1&2 weapon that special was based on beat time, and when it was right, giant lasers came out of the sky upon everything in sight. Every Ranger needed to have it, every hacker wanted to hack it, it was one of the greatest weapons in the game.

gravityvx
Jul 5, 2012, 09:52 PM
Its a PSO 1&2 weapon that special was based on beat time, and when it was right, giant lasers came out of the sky upon everything in sight. Every Ranger needed to have it, every hacker wanted to hack it, it was one of the greatest weapons in the game.

Oh trust me I know, lol I loved that gun to death what I meant was whatever weapon type it was, I forget whether it was a rifle or a pistol lol It's been years.

TheBlackMage
Jul 5, 2012, 09:59 PM

I still remember the 1st time I saw that in action on the 1st computer I played PSO on, the special cause it to freeze up and I had to restart it. XD

gigawuts
Jul 5, 2012, 10:05 PM
I believe the unknown weapon will be Batman or Wolverine.

The weapon we deserve, not the weapon we need.

Leman
Jul 5, 2012, 10:05 PM
Twin Mechgun
I just hope it will be more balanced than riffle.

TheBlackMage
Jul 5, 2012, 10:06 PM
The weapon we deserve, not the weapon we need.

So much win in that statement. @_@

Skye-Fox713
Jul 5, 2012, 10:14 PM
Oh trust me I know, lol I loved that gun to death what I meant was whatever weapon type it was, I forget whether it was a rifle or a pistol lol It's been years.

I believe it was a handgun.

Mag-X
Jul 5, 2012, 10:44 PM
I want a shotgun. I love doing the buckshot move point blank with my rifle. Feelsgooman.jpg

pikachief
Jul 5, 2012, 10:54 PM
PLEASE SHOTGUN!

Also I really want a "Magic Bow" type weapon. Like you like a spell to a shot and you fire the arrow at the enemy and the spell detonates when the bow hits. You know it would be awesome to shoot something with a bow then watch it explode and burst into flames :o

Zorafim
Jul 5, 2012, 11:04 PM
Isn't it confirmed that we're getting Twin Daggers, Knuckles, and Twin Mechs?

MelancholyWitch
Jul 5, 2012, 11:18 PM
not really confirmed it's more of data mining finds.

goldwing
Jul 5, 2012, 11:23 PM
Honestly im just hopeing for daggers. And from the hint of ds i want to minor in them. So ill b lance,daggers and double sabers. Im really wondering about the classes tho.

SaiKo
Jul 5, 2012, 11:35 PM
Getting Twin Mech-guns now would be a real kick in the teeth.
Add in a proper high-damage, single-shot, rifle before throwing in another repeater. :-\

Yunfa
Jul 5, 2012, 11:42 PM
I'm hoping for katanas.

This, I've always paid a premium for Katana weapons. Back in the PSU days I had (still have, will take screenshots before the game goes down in Sept) a nice 46%+ 6/6 Agito Repca collection of 5 different attributes + a couple of 50% 8/8 Agito Repcas.

sugarFO
Jul 5, 2012, 11:43 PM
A bag. Like in PSO. Lmao.

kdrakari
Jul 5, 2012, 11:45 PM
Add in a proper high-damage, single-shot, rifle before throwing in another repeater. :-\

ALL MY AGREE. The current Assault Rifle does a far better job emulating the PSO mechgun than any other PSO weapon, and why should we get something similar to what we already have rather than something that acts like the Rifle or Shot, or even one of the non-PSO weapons like bows (which could be perfectly reasonably implemented as Ranger weapons even though they leaned more toward the Force side in PSU).

Cypher_9
Jul 5, 2012, 11:54 PM
Though I am a hunter, I would like to see a Laser Cannon for the Rangers, it would only have 2 or 3 PAs that would involve massive destruction and worth 100 pp to use if its fully charged and slow to fire.

Linear Cannon = Forward laser burst to wipe mobs before you, when charged the beam would be 2 to 3 times larger (for those who played the F.Gunner as a Launcher on DFO, this would be like her awakening but for PSO2 in its design)

Heaven Punishment = Ray of light falls from the sky, when charged, targets in the surrounding area gets punished (yeah you know where i gone with that.... LOL)

Abu Jumal
Jul 6, 2012, 12:12 AM
Personally I'd like to see how they do Mechguns. Instead of a 3 round burst maybe it'll be a constant stream of bullets?

TheBlackMage
Jul 6, 2012, 12:21 AM
Personally I'd like to see how they do Mechguns. Instead of a 3 round burst maybe it'll be a constant stream of bullets?

Perhaps the PA's would be different "stances" that instead of taking a chunk of PP per skill, firing in different stances would constantly drain while you use them and the different stances have different PP drain ratios........just theory-crafting @_@

[EDIT]
(of course no stance would be regular attack and be the PP builder for example firing both guns pointed forward at the same target like in the original PSO would be the normal attack/"no stance" and firing in different directions would be a type of stance)

Botosai
Jul 6, 2012, 12:35 AM
Okay, despite what they announced here is what
I believe the final outcome will be for the complete weapon list:

Hunter:
Sword
Twin Saber
Double Saber
Fist
Dagger
Sword X Shield
Whip
Twin Claw
Slicer

Ranger
Machine gun
Twin Machine Gun aka Mechguns
Photon Launcher
Rifle
Cross Bow
Grenade Launcher
Shotgun

Force:
Wand
Rod
Throwing Card
Bow

This is just what I see in the long run.
I honestly want to see some nice force weapons and Techs.
Even though I main a hunter I am extremely profound using a force
and will more than likely change in the long run.

TheBlackMage
Jul 6, 2012, 12:43 AM
Okay, despite what they announced here is what
I believe the final outcome will be for the complete weapon list:

Hunter:
Whip

Force:
Wand
Rod
Throwing Card
Bow
Whip

I honestly want to see some nice force weapons and Techs.
Even though I main a hunter I am extremely profound using a force
and will more than likely change in the long run.

Fixed. :P

All joking aside though I think if a whip does make it into the game it'll be for Forces or for one of the new classes (the hunter/force hybrid if their are hybrids or the "speed" class. I just can't see it being in a hunter's arsenal in my opinion. : x

gigawuts
Jul 6, 2012, 12:45 AM
I know it would be so annoying as hell, but I want a gatling laser straight up fallout 3 style. I'd also like the laser darker's head to drop as a weapon.

NoiseHERO
Jul 6, 2012, 12:52 AM
I don't get it, the speculation...

It's clearly just going to be those obvious 5 weapons found in the datamining(Knuckles and Double Sabers confirmed, then there's Twin Daggers, Wand, and Twin Mechgun)

and Zan(Wind) techs...

AFTER THAT however...? who knows.

Also like it or not "re-hash" or not, Double sabers are probably never going to leave Phantasy star. Personally I think they're kind of boring too, though.

Ryo
Jul 6, 2012, 12:56 AM

It's clearly just going to be those obvious 5 weapons found in the datamining(Knuckles and Double Sabers confirmed, then there's Twin Daggers, Wand, and Twin Mechgun)

and Zan(Wind) techs...

Also like it or not "re-hash" or not, Double sabers are probably never going to leave Phantasy star. Personally I think they're kind of boring too, though.

I don't think double sabers are boring at all, especially in PSO2, considering we don't have regular sabers. I'm just hoping they throw in the PSO1 style double sabers, considering the new ones look very different.

Miyoko
Jul 6, 2012, 12:58 AM

Oh god this. Considering how much of an emphasis there is on weak shot damage as a ranger, we need something that's all about sniping. Give it a crazy low rate of fire, crazy high damage, but pin point accuracy. Fast rocket launcher with no splash damage, essentially. However, I'm not sure what the PAs would be...

Yes, we're already aware of the weapons via datamining, but there's no harm in talking about what would be fun to see there.

TheBlackMage
Jul 6, 2012, 12:59 AM

and Zan(Wind) techs...

I was un-aware of the data mining and only knew of the double saber (forgot about the knuckles ^^;) from the roadmap when I created this thread, but there is still hope for future updates, personally though I'm not to thrilled about getting a wand unless it has some outstanding feature such as double casting like GoldenFalcon suggested, if it's just the usual less damage and faster casting...meh.

supersonix9
Jul 6, 2012, 08:06 AM
I'm hoping for katanas.

This. This 100%. Agito, one of the most awesome weapons in PSOBB.

Kazzi
Jul 6, 2012, 08:21 AM
I don't think double sabers are boring at all, especially in PSO2, considering we don't have regular sabers. I'm just hoping they throw in the PSO1 style double sabers, considering the new ones look very different.

The way Gunslash fights is basically as close to the normal saber that we have right now, just fused together with a handgun.

MisterFruiz
Jul 6, 2012, 08:27 AM
I want the Slicer for Force!

Brindizer
Jul 6, 2012, 08:40 AM
New weapons are:

Hammer, Dual Sword, Gunlance, Switch Axe, and Hunting Horn.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 6, 2012, 09:08 AM
New weapons are:

Hammer, Dual Sword, Gunlance, Switch Axe, and Hunting Horn.

I only agree with this if Gunlance is ranger only. Forces can go and equip buffs to their hunting horns

lol monhan

Galerianx
Jul 6, 2012, 02:08 PM
new look Double-Saber :D
http://tinyurl.com/Double-Saber

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jul 6, 2012, 03:07 PM

5 years too late, mah boi.

Galerianx
Jul 6, 2012, 03:15 PM
5 years too late, mah boi.

mah boi wish i was a boy againget to run free lol

Enforcer MKV
Jul 6, 2012, 04:20 PM

*dances to the tune* ~/o/

Ranmaru
Jul 6, 2012, 04:30 PM

I want a saber. Simple as that. I like my gunblade, but I want that back. What ideas do YOU have for a 'fun' hunter wep?

Ueno54
Jul 6, 2012, 04:49 PM
Oh god this. Considering how much of an emphasis there is on weak shot damage as a ranger, we need something that's all about sniping. Give it a crazy low rate of fire, crazy high damage, but pin point accuracy. Fast rocket launcher with no splash damage, essentially. However, I'm not sure what the PAs would be...

Yes, we're already aware of the weapons via datamining, but there's no harm in talking about what would be fun to see there.

Sounds pretty abusive on bosses with weak spots the size of normal enemies.

MAXrobo
Jul 6, 2012, 04:49 PM
anyone else thinking shields for force?

as for "fun" hunter weapons, how about bringing the slicers back. knuckles as well, but I think they already said we were getting them.

And rangers still need the laser cannon!

Miyoko
Jul 6, 2012, 04:58 PM
Sounds pretty abusive on bosses with weak spots the size of normal enemies.

That's the point. Heck, you could even do something like make it deal 50% damage on non-weakpoint shots. They gave us all these weak points to hit, so why not a weapon all about hitting them or suffering greatly because of missing?

Rei-San
Jul 6, 2012, 06:48 PM
What I predict:

double sabers
T. Daggers
Shotguns
T. Mechguns
Wands

What I want:

Unique rares...

Rares that had their own special abilities, their own attacks (PAs if you will), and their own attack animation or projectiles.

If there is any instances of this existing in the game already please tell me so i can be at peace.