PDA

View Full Version : "leader" idea to make multiparties stay together

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 5, 2012, 09:05 PM
along with making all players visible on the enlarged map, not just your team (perhaps other players could be represented by say, a white square with a black dot in the center), i think a "leader" system should be imposed in multiparty areas.

a lot of the time when i play in multi party areas, time is wasted when there's a fork in the road. this is most commonly seen in city. some scramble to the left, others to the right. the choice that wins is generally the path that is traveled down first, and how many people follow. the players that chose the path that did not get as many people end up having to backtrack to keep up with the herd. some even just get completely lost/separated from the pack.

this is why i believe in the beginning of every multi party area, a, "leader," surrounded by a constant pillar of white light (you know when some monsters die they release a pillar of light for PSE? that kind of light) should surround them, and players within say, the leader's radius 20x the size of resta, will get a 1%/1%meseta boost/1%lucky raise , to encourage them to follow the leader.

to keep it fair of course, the leader gains nothing other than the 1% bonus everyone else receives too. and the leader changes every 10 minutes, randomly. if someone has been selected as leader, they cannot be chosen again until everyone else has been chosen. if the leader is unresponsive/afk for more than 10 seconds, a new leader is selected immediately.

and if people for some crazy reason do not like the leader system, the option to turn it off should also be available. however you can still join a leader based multi party room, and just not follow the leader.

i can guarantee this would do wonders for creating more bursts for random pick up groups that are harder to control and less coordinated.

AlMcFly
Jul 5, 2012, 09:11 PM
I always find it funny when people leave back down the path they just came from (obviously from being disoriented) after fighting at that crossroads.

Zero_Virus_X
Jul 5, 2012, 09:12 PM
Id like this, I noticed some people don't like to be followed though

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 5, 2012, 09:13 PM
Id like this, I noticed some people don't like to be followed though

then they can simply stand still and not do anything for 10 seconds, and a new leader would be chosen.

彩音~
Jul 5, 2012, 11:55 PM
Or you can just...I don't know...tell the other parties to follow you

UnLucky
Jul 6, 2012, 12:05 AM
I generally stay away from other parties unless there's a code:rescue

It's usually just one player with 3 NPCs anyway

AlMcFly
Jul 6, 2012, 12:11 AM
I generally stay away from other parties unless there's a code:rescue

It's usually just one player with 3 NPCs anyway

You do know that the more parties there are amassed together, the larger the spawns and codes are right?